Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
2. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
3. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
4. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
5. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
Essay Topic 1
What does Skeeter's mother constantly complain about in regards to her daughter's appearance? How does this make Skeeter feel? How does this reflect on Skeeter's lack of romantic experience? At what age do most of the girls Skeeter is friends with get married? What does it say about Skeeter that she is not married? What does Skeeter want to do with her life? What obstacles are in Skeeter's way that might not have been in a more modern setting? What does it say about Skeeter that she disregards her mother's advice and pursues her desire to have a career?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Skeeter and Aibileen
2) Skeeter and Hilly
3) Hilly and Minny
4) Minny and Aibileen.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Skeeter Phelan? How does Skeeter become acquainted with Aibileen? What does Skeeter ask Aibileen to do for her? How does this cause Skeeter to come up with an idea for a nonfiction book? Why does Skeeter ask Aibileen to help with this book? What does Aibileen do to help Skeeter? How does Skeeter feel about the writing of this book and Aibileen's role in it? Why is this so important to Skeeter? Why does Skeeter not get married and have children like her friends? Why does Skeeter not marry Stuart? What clues should have led Skeeter to realize Stuart would not have been supportive of her choice to write this book?
This section contains 2,069 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)