Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
2. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
3. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
4. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
5. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
Who is Aibileen? What does she mean when she says that she has raised seventeen children? Why does Aibileen not remain with these kids until adulthood? What changes in the children that Aibileen finds hard to deal with? How could this frequent change in employment lead to trouble for Aibileen? What happened shortly before Aibileen went to work for the Leefolts? How did this tragedy come about? How has it impacted Aibileen? How did this tragedy make Aibileen more open to falling in love with Mae Mobley? How does Mrs. Leefolt treat her only child? What causes this? What does Aibileen do about it?
What does Skeeter learn about the publication of her book at the end of the novel? How do Aibileen and Minny feel when they learn the book will be published? What decision does Minny make that she hopes will guarantee no one learns that the book was written about Jackson by maids living in Jackson? How does this place Minny in danger? Why does Aibileen think Minny made this decision? What are the sales like when the book first comes out? What changes this? What does Hilly think of the book? What does she tell all her friends about the book? What changes Hilly's mind about her determination to prove it was written in and about Jackson? Why does Hilly threaten to sue Skeeter?
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Skeeter and Aibileen
2) Skeeter and Hilly
3) Hilly and Minny
4) Minny and Aibileen.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)