Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
2. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
3. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
4. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
5. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Minny think Celia is crazy? What does Celia spend her days doing? How is this different from the behavior of the other women Minny has worked for? Why does Celia escape into the second floor of her home several times a day? What does Minny think she is doing up there? What is Celia really doing up there? What is the cause of Celia's odd behaviors? Why do none of the women in Jackson accept Celia into their social circle? What does Celia believe the problem is? How does she go about fixing it? What happens? What story does Minny tell Celia that appears to help her understand the women of Jackson better?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Skeeter and Aibileen
2) Skeeter and Hilly
3) Hilly and Minny
4) Minny and Aibileen.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
3) Social Expectations
4) Ambition versus Fear.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)