|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
(a) Holden Caulfield.
(c) Boo Radley.
(d) Cathrine Linton.
2. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
(a) They think she is not good enough for Stuart.
(b) They know about her book.
(c) They dislike her clothing.
(d) They dislike her hair.
3. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
4. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Rebecca Whitworth.
(d) Eugenia Phelan.
5. What does Dr. Tate accuse Celia of in chapter 18?
(b) Drug use.
(c) Intentionally causing her miscarriages.
(d) Alcohol use.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
2. When does Skeeter mail the manuscript to Harper and Row?
3. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
4. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
5. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Skeeter learn about Yule May in chapter 19? What does the letter from Yule May to Skeeter say? What is the result of this situation?
2. What does Celia tell her husband, Johnny Foote, that prompts him to tell Minny she will have a job for life in chapter 30?
3. Why does Skeeter feel it is important to change the location and names in the book she is writing?
4. Who shows up at Elizabeth Leefolt's door in chapter 23 to buy tickets to the League's Children's Benefit? Why is this potentially a disaster for Minny and Aibileen?
5. Who has Skeeter started dating in chapter 19? Why does she refuse to go to Biloxi with him?
6. What does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 that her mother is suffering? What are her prospects?
7. What does Hilly tell Skeeter to publish in the League newsletter or she will throw her out of the league?
8. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
9. In chapter 24, Minny fights with a naked man in the Foote's backyard. Who is the man? Why is Minny fighting him? What happens?
10. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)