|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
2. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
(a) He wants to keep Skeeter to himself.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) Skeeter's skirt is too short.
(d) Skeeter is drunk.
3. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She cries.
(b) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
(c) She uses one.
(d) She laughs.
4. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
(a) They think she is not good enough for Stuart.
(b) They dislike her clothing.
(c) They dislike her hair.
(d) They know about her book.
5. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
(b) She has decided to move out of the area.
(c) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(d) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
2. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
3. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
4. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
5. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 28, Skeeter goes shopping and finally finds her own style. What style is that? What has inspired it?
2. How are most of the women at the Benefit dressed? How does Celia Foote stand out?
3. Who shows up at Elizabeth Leefolt's door in chapter 23 to buy tickets to the League's Children's Benefit? Why is this potentially a disaster for Minny and Aibileen?
4. What does Hilly tell Skeeter to publish in the League newsletter or she will throw her out of the league?
5. What is the Terrible Awful? Why does Minny tell it to Celia in chapter 26?
6. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
7. What does Mrs. Stein ask Skeeter to add to the book in chapter 27? What does Skeeter ask Aibileen in order to help her with this?
8. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
9. What does Skeeter learn about Yule May in chapter 19? What does the letter from Yule May to Skeeter say? What is the result of this situation?
10. What does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 that her mother is suffering? What are her prospects?
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)