|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
2. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(c) Mr. Leefolt.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
3. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
(c) Yule May.
4. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
(a) The peach tree.
(b) The magnolia tree.
(c) The pecan tree.
(d) The mimosa tree.
5. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
(a) Her skin was too white for her to go unnoticed in the south.
(b) Constantine was hiding her from her biological father.
(c) Constantine was single and could not care for her.
(d) She was ill and Constantine no longer wanted her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
2. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
3. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
4. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
5. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are most of the women at the Benefit dressed? How does Celia Foote stand out?
2. What does Minny insist on adding to her section of the book? For what reason?
3. What does Celia tell her husband, Johnny Foote, that prompts him to tell Minny she will have a job for life in chapter 30?
4. What are the secret stories that Aibileen tells Mae Mobley? Why does Aibileen tell these stories?
5. Who shows up at Elizabeth Leefolt's door in chapter 23 to buy tickets to the League's Children's Benefit? Why is this potentially a disaster for Minny and Aibileen?
6. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
7. What television show discusses Skeeter's book in chapter 29? What is the result?
8. Why does Celia threaten to leave her husband in chapter 26? How does Minny talk her out of it?
9. In chapter 28, Skeeter goes shopping and finally finds her own style. What style is that? What has inspired it?
10. Hilly Holbrook wins Minny's chocolate pie in the silent auction at the Benefit. Who bid on the pie for Hilly? Who does she think bid on it for her?
This section contains 1,353 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)