|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Mr. Leefolt.
2. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) Whether they ever traveled together.
(b) What caused their break up.
(c) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
(d) Whether they shared a bed.
3. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She cries.
(b) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She uses one.
4. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) A month.
5. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) The Biography of Washington Carver.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Stride Toward Freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
2. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
3. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
4. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
5. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 18, Minny finds Celia in the bathroom of her bedroom. What has happened to Celia? How does this explain her odd behavior since Minny came to work for her?
2. In chapter 24, Minny fights with a naked man in the Foote's backyard. Who is the man? Why is Minny fighting him? What happens?
3. What does Mrs. Stein ask Skeeter to add to the book in chapter 27? What does Skeeter ask Aibileen in order to help her with this?
4. What does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 that her mother is suffering? What are her prospects?
5. Who has Skeeter started dating in chapter 19? Why does she refuse to go to Biloxi with him?
6. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
7. Why does Minny feel that Celia Foote does not understand the line between whites and blacks?
8. What does Skeeter learn about Yule May in chapter 19? What does the letter from Yule May to Skeeter say? What is the result of this situation?
9. Hilly Holbrook wins Minny's chocolate pie in the silent auction at the Benefit. Who bid on the pie for Hilly? Who does she think bid on it for her?
10. What does Celia tell her husband, Johnny Foote, that prompts him to tell Minny she will have a job for life in chapter 30?
This section contains 1,348 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)