|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(b) Eugenia Phelan.
(c) Rebecca Whitworth.
2. What dish is Skeeter left to prepare on New Year's Day?
(a) Black eyed peas.
(b) A ham.
(c) A turkey feast.
(d) Pinto beans.
3. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(a) Mr. Leefolt.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
4. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
(a) Hilly thinks Celia has told lies about her around town.
(b) Hilly thinks Celia stole Minny with a promise of higher wages.
(c) Hilly thinks Johnny cheated on her with Celia.
(d) Hilly thinks Celia trapped Johnny into marriage.
5. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(b) Celia is angry with her again.
(c) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(d) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
2. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
3. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
4. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
5. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 24, Minny fights with a naked man in the Foote's backyard. Who is the man? Why is Minny fighting him? What happens?
2. What does Minny insist on adding to her section of the book? For what reason?
3. Why does Minny feel that Celia Foote does not understand the line between whites and blacks?
4. What begins to happen throughout town as people begin to read Skeeter's book?
5. What does Mrs. Stein ask Skeeter to add to the book in chapter 27? What does Skeeter ask Aibileen in order to help her with this?
6. What does Hilly tell Skeeter to publish in the League newsletter or she will throw her out of the league?
7. What happens at Hilly Holbrook's house in chapter 22? Who is responsible?
8. What is the Terrible Awful? Why does Minny tell it to Celia in chapter 26?
9. What are the secret stories that Aibileen tells Mae Mobley? Why does Aibileen tell these stories?
10. In chapter 28, Skeeter goes shopping and finally finds her own style. What style is that? What has inspired it?
This section contains 1,361 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)