|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Mrs. Walters.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
2. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Sixty five dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) Eight hundred dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
3. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
(a) Southern Help.
(b) Southern Domestics.
(c) The Help.
(d) Colored Domestics and their Southern Families.
4. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
(a) A few months.
5. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
(a) They dislike her hair.
(b) They dislike her clothing.
(c) They think she is not good enough for Stuart.
(d) They know about her book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
2. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
3. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
4. What reason does Stuart give Skeeter in chapter 28 for not working on the oil rigs any longer?
5. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 that her mother is suffering? What are her prospects?
2. What is the Terrible Awful? Why does Minny tell it to Celia in chapter 26?
3. In chapter 24, Minny fights with a naked man in the Foote's backyard. Who is the man? Why is Minny fighting him? What happens?
4. Who shows up at Elizabeth Leefolt's door in chapter 23 to buy tickets to the League's Children's Benefit? Why is this potentially a disaster for Minny and Aibileen?
5. Why does Minny feel that Celia Foote does not understand the line between whites and blacks?
6. What does Mrs. Stein ask Skeeter to add to the book in chapter 27? What does Skeeter ask Aibileen in order to help her with this?
7. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
8. In chapter 28, Skeeter goes shopping and finally finds her own style. What style is that? What has inspired it?
9. What television show discusses Skeeter's book in chapter 29? What is the result?
10. What are the secret stories that Aibileen tells Mae Mobley? Why does Aibileen tell these stories?
This section contains 1,407 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)