|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She cries.
(b) She uses one.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
2. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
(a) The pecan tree.
(b) The peach tree.
(c) The magnolia tree.
(d) The mimosa tree.
3. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
(a) Call Celia Foote.
(b) Discuss her family business.
(c) Print stories about Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Go to the Benefit.
4. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
(a) Not common, but it was done.
(b) Everyone did it.
(d) Very common.
5. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
(a) A list of things every new bride should know.
(b) A what not to say in public list.
(c) A list of skills every new mother should know.
(d) A what not to wear list.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aibileen's church give her to celebrate the publication of the book?
2. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
3. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
4. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
5. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)