|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
(a) Her skirt.
(b) Her hem.
(c) Her collar.
(d) Her cuff.
2. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Mrs. Walters.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
3. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Sixty five dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) Eight hundred dollars.
4. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
(b) She uses one.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
5. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) The truth of why Constantine left.
(b) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
(c) A confession by Yule May.
(d) A resume.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
2. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
3. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
4. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
5. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Celia tell her husband, Johnny Foote, that prompts him to tell Minny she will have a job for life in chapter 30?
2. What does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 that her mother is suffering? What are her prospects?
3. What does Hilly tell Skeeter to publish in the League newsletter or she will throw her out of the league?
4. Why does Skeeter feel it is important to change the location and names in the book she is writing?
5. What happens at Hilly Holbrook's house in chapter 22? Who is responsible?
6. In chapter 24, Minny fights with a naked man in the Foote's backyard. Who is the man? Why is Minny fighting him? What happens?
7. What television show discusses Skeeter's book in chapter 29? What is the result?
8. What begins to happen throughout town as people begin to read Skeeter's book?
9. Why does Minny feel that Celia Foote does not understand the line between whites and blacks?
10. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)