|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
(a) She was ill and Constantine no longer wanted her.
(b) Constantine was single and could not care for her.
(c) Her skin was too white for her to go unnoticed in the south.
(d) Constantine was hiding her from her biological father.
2. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Mr. Leefolt.
3. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
(a) It was a typo.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) It was someone else.
(d) It was a joke.
4. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
5. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Rita Hayworth.
(c) Katherine Hepburn.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
2. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
3. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
4. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
5. What does Aibileen's church give her to celebrate the publication of the book?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)