|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
2. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
(a) The Jackson Country Club.
(b) Hilly Holbrook's house.
(c) The Robert E. Lee Hotel.
(d) The Governor's Mansion.
3. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Aibileen and Minny.
(c) All the maids who helped write the book.
(d) Just Aibileen.
4. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She uses one.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
5. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
(b) That she has five kids.
(c) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(d) That Johnny knows about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
2. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
3. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
4. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
5. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 18, Minny finds Celia in the bathroom of her bedroom. What has happened to Celia? How does this explain her odd behavior since Minny came to work for her?
2. In chapter 28, Skeeter goes shopping and finally finds her own style. What style is that? What has inspired it?
3. What begins to happen throughout town as people begin to read Skeeter's book?
4. What happens at Hilly Holbrook's house in chapter 22? Who is responsible?
5. What is the Terrible Awful? Why does Minny tell it to Celia in chapter 26?
6. How are most of the women at the Benefit dressed? How does Celia Foote stand out?
7. Why does Celia threaten to leave her husband in chapter 26? How does Minny talk her out of it?
8. Why does Skeeter feel it is important to change the location and names in the book she is writing?
9. What television show discusses Skeeter's book in chapter 29? What is the result?
10. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
This section contains 1,398 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)