|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Ignore Hilly Holbrook's overtures of friendship.
(b) Write a tell all book about Jackson housewives.
(c) Move closer into Jackson.
(d) Leave her husband.
2. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
(a) Johnny Foote.
(c) Skeeter Phelan.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
3. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
(a) Lou Anne.
(d) Mrs. Walters.
4. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
(b) Yule May.
5. Why does Stuart take back the marriage proposal he makes to Skeeter in chapter 28?
(a) He claims he does not know her after she tells him about her book.
(b) He has decided he does not like her sense of style.
(c) Hilly tells him about Skeeter's possession of the Jim Crow laws.
(d) He has just learned her mother is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
2. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
3. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
4. What does Dr. Tate accuse Celia of in chapter 18?
5. When does Skeeter mail the manuscript to Harper and Row?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)