|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
(a) Celia told her she was fired.
(b) Celia's mother-in-law fired her.
(c) Johnny Foote found her in the house and fired her.
(d) Hilly Holbrook told Celia the truth about Minny and Celia fired her.
2. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
(b) Yule May.
3. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her treatment of Constantine.
(b) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
(c) Her treatment of Skeeter.
(d) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
4. What reason does Stuart give Skeeter in chapter 28 for not working on the oil rigs any longer?
(a) He dislikes the work.
(b) He does not have the body strength anymore.
(c) He would have to leave her.
(d) He is too important to his company to get that dirty.
5. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
2. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
3. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
4. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
5. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Skeeter feel it is important to change the location and names in the book she is writing?
2. What does Minny insist on adding to her section of the book? For what reason?
3. Who shows up at Elizabeth Leefolt's door in chapter 23 to buy tickets to the League's Children's Benefit? Why is this potentially a disaster for Minny and Aibileen?
4. Who has Skeeter started dating in chapter 19? Why does she refuse to go to Biloxi with him?
5. Why does Celia threaten to leave her husband in chapter 26? How does Minny talk her out of it?
6. What are the secret stories that Aibileen tells Mae Mobley? Why does Aibileen tell these stories?
7. In chapter 24, Minny fights with a naked man in the Foote's backyard. Who is the man? Why is Minny fighting him? What happens?
8. What happens at Hilly Holbrook's house in chapter 22? Who is responsible?
9. What does Mrs. Stein ask Skeeter to add to the book in chapter 27? What does Skeeter ask Aibileen in order to help her with this?
10. What does Hilly tell Skeeter to publish in the League newsletter or she will throw her out of the league?
This section contains 1,374 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)