|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) She has decided to seek alternative treatments.
(b) She has decided not to die.
(c) She has decided not to let Skeeter marry Stuart.
(d) She has decided to commit suicide.
2. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
(a) The local schools.
(b) The Starving Children of Ethiopia.
(c) The poor of Jackson.
(d) Poor Starving Children of Africa.
3. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
4. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(a) Rebecca Whitworth.
(c) Skeeter Phelan.
(d) Eugenia Phelan.
5. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Move closer into Jackson.
(b) Ignore Hilly Holbrook's overtures of friendship.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Write a tell all book about Jackson housewives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
2. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
3. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
4. Who was Carl Roberts?
5. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Celia threaten to leave her husband in chapter 26? How does Minny talk her out of it?
2. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
3. In chapter 18, Minny finds Celia in the bathroom of her bedroom. What has happened to Celia? How does this explain her odd behavior since Minny came to work for her?
4. What happens at Hilly Holbrook's house in chapter 22? Who is responsible?
5. What are the secret stories that Aibileen tells Mae Mobley? Why does Aibileen tell these stories?
6. Why does Minny feel that Celia Foote does not understand the line between whites and blacks?
7. Hilly Holbrook wins Minny's chocolate pie in the silent auction at the Benefit. Who bid on the pie for Hilly? Who does she think bid on it for her?
8. In chapter 22, it is Mae Mobley's birthday. What kind of cake does Aibileen want to make? Why? What kind does Elizabeth Leefolt insist on Aibileen making?
9. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
10. Who shows up at Elizabeth Leefolt's door in chapter 23 to buy tickets to the League's Children's Benefit? Why is this potentially a disaster for Minny and Aibileen?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)