|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
(a) Less prone to bad moods.
(b) Color blind.
(c) All the same size.
(d) More open minded.
2. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(b) She has decided to move out of the area.
(c) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
(d) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
3. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
(a) A fireplace poker.
(b) An antique sword.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A broom handle.
4. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
(a) It is her civic duty.
(b) She hopes Hilly will someday forgive her.
(c) Elizabeth is still her friend.
(d) She is editor of the newsletter.
5. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
(a) It was a joke.
(b) It was a typo.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) It was someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Tate accuse Celia of in chapter 18?
2. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
3. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
4. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
5. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins to happen throughout town as people begin to read Skeeter's book?
2. What is the Terrible Awful? Why does Minny tell it to Celia in chapter 26?
3. Why does Celia threaten to leave her husband in chapter 26? How does Minny talk her out of it?
4. In chapter 28, Skeeter goes shopping and finally finds her own style. What style is that? What has inspired it?
5. What happens at Hilly Holbrook's house in chapter 22? Who is responsible?
6. In chapter 18, Minny finds Celia in the bathroom of her bedroom. What has happened to Celia? How does this explain her odd behavior since Minny came to work for her?
7. What does Mrs. Stein ask Skeeter to add to the book in chapter 27? What does Skeeter ask Aibileen in order to help her with this?
8. Hilly Holbrook wins Minny's chocolate pie in the silent auction at the Benefit. Who bid on the pie for Hilly? Who does she think bid on it for her?
9. Why does Minny feel that Celia Foote does not understand the line between whites and blacks?
10. What does Minny insist on adding to her section of the book? For what reason?
This section contains 1,413 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)