|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
(b) The truth of why Constantine left.
(c) A resume.
(d) A confession by Yule May.
2. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
3. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(b) Rebecca Whitworth.
(c) Eugenia Phelan.
4. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
(b) Celia is angry with her again.
(c) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(d) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
5. Who was Carl Roberts?
(a) A friend of Stuart Whitworth.
(b) A white activist in Mississippi.
(c) A black man jailed for a sit in at a lunch counter.
(d) A young black man lynched from speaking out against the Mississippi governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
2. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
3. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
4. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
5. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Minny feel that Celia Foote does not understand the line between whites and blacks?
2. In chapter 22, it is Mae Mobley's birthday. What kind of cake does Aibileen want to make? Why? What kind does Elizabeth Leefolt insist on Aibileen making?
3. How are most of the women at the Benefit dressed? How does Celia Foote stand out?
4. Who has Skeeter started dating in chapter 19? Why does she refuse to go to Biloxi with him?
5. What does Hilly tell Skeeter to publish in the League newsletter or she will throw her out of the league?
6. What does Minny insist on adding to her section of the book? For what reason?
7. In chapter 18, Minny finds Celia in the bathroom of her bedroom. What has happened to Celia? How does this explain her odd behavior since Minny came to work for her?
8. In chapter 28, Skeeter goes shopping and finally finds her own style. What style is that? What has inspired it?
9. What does Skeeter learn about Yule May in chapter 19? What does the letter from Yule May to Skeeter say? What is the result of this situation?
10. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)