|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) A clothes washer.
(b) Air conditioning.
(c) A refrigertor.
(d) A dish washer.
2. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
(a) A catching tonic.
(b) A vitamin tonic.
(c) Hair tonic.
(d) A celery tonic.
3. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
(a) Go to the Benefit.
(b) Call Celia Foote.
(c) Print stories about Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Discuss her family business.
4. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) Skeeter's skirt is too short.
(c) Skeeter is drunk.
(d) He wants to keep Skeeter to himself.
5. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Sixty five dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) Eight hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
2. What does Aibileen's church give her to celebrate the publication of the book?
3. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
4. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
5. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)