|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
(a) An antique sword.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) A fireplace poker.
(d) A broom handle.
2. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
(a) The Robert E. Lee Hotel.
(b) The Jackson Country Club.
(c) The Governor's Mansion.
(d) Hilly Holbrook's house.
3. How much time does Mrs. Stein cut off of Skeeter's deadline for completing her book in chapter 26?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three days.
(d) A month.
4. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
5. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Margret Green.
(b) Sarah Ross.
(c) Rebecca Jones.
(d) Abilene Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
2. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
3. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
4. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
5. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 22, it is Mae Mobley's birthday. What kind of cake does Aibileen want to make? Why? What kind does Elizabeth Leefolt insist on Aibileen making?
2. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
3. Who shows up at Elizabeth Leefolt's door in chapter 23 to buy tickets to the League's Children's Benefit? Why is this potentially a disaster for Minny and Aibileen?
4. What begins to happen throughout town as people begin to read Skeeter's book?
5. What does Skeeter learn about Yule May in chapter 19? What does the letter from Yule May to Skeeter say? What is the result of this situation?
6. In chapter 18, Minny finds Celia in the bathroom of her bedroom. What has happened to Celia? How does this explain her odd behavior since Minny came to work for her?
7. What does Mrs. Stein ask Skeeter to add to the book in chapter 27? What does Skeeter ask Aibileen in order to help her with this?
8. What happens at Hilly Holbrook's house in chapter 22? Who is responsible?
9. What does Celia tell her husband, Johnny Foote, that prompts him to tell Minny she will have a job for life in chapter 30?
10. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)