|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
(d) Dr. Neal.
2. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Sixty five dollars.
(c) Eight hundred dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
3. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
(a) Aibileen's cousin and nephew.
(b) Stuart and her brother.
(c) Pascagoula's brothers.
(d) Her own brother and a friend.
4. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
5. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
(c) She uses one.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
2. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
3. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
4. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
5. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Skeeter feel it is important to change the location and names in the book she is writing?
2. What television show discusses Skeeter's book in chapter 29? What is the result?
3. In chapter 22, it is Mae Mobley's birthday. What kind of cake does Aibileen want to make? Why? What kind does Elizabeth Leefolt insist on Aibileen making?
4. What happens at Hilly Holbrook's house in chapter 22? Who is responsible?
5. What does Skeeter learn about Yule May in chapter 19? What does the letter from Yule May to Skeeter say? What is the result of this situation?
6. In chapter 18, Minny finds Celia in the bathroom of her bedroom. What has happened to Celia? How does this explain her odd behavior since Minny came to work for her?
7. Who shows up at Elizabeth Leefolt's door in chapter 23 to buy tickets to the League's Children's Benefit? Why is this potentially a disaster for Minny and Aibileen?
8. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
9. In chapter 24, Minny fights with a naked man in the Foote's backyard. Who is the man? Why is Minny fighting him? What happens?
10. How are most of the women at the Benefit dressed? How does Celia Foote stand out?
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)