|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Margret Green.
(b) Rebecca Jones.
(c) Abilene Johnson.
(d) Sarah Ross.
2. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Katherine Hepburn.
(c) Rita Hayworth.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
3. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(b) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(c) Celia is angry with her again.
(d) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
4. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
(a) The speculation the book was written about Jackson.
(b) The review of Little Big Man.
(c) The newly decorated set of the show.
(d) The appearance of her sorority sister on the show.
5. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
(a) Mrs. Walters told her they used to play together.
(b) They played the game once when Minny first came to work for her.
(c) Minny told Johnny Foote she knew how.
(d) She told her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
2. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
3. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
4. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
5. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What television show discusses Skeeter's book in chapter 29? What is the result?
2. In chapter 24, Minny fights with a naked man in the Foote's backyard. Who is the man? Why is Minny fighting him? What happens?
3. What is the Terrible Awful? Why does Minny tell it to Celia in chapter 26?
4. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
5. What does Minny insist on adding to her section of the book? For what reason?
6. What does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 that her mother is suffering? What are her prospects?
7. What happens at Hilly Holbrook's house in chapter 22? Who is responsible?
8. Why does Celia threaten to leave her husband in chapter 26? How does Minny talk her out of it?
9. What does Skeeter learn about Yule May in chapter 19? What does the letter from Yule May to Skeeter say? What is the result of this situation?
10. In chapter 28, Skeeter goes shopping and finally finds her own style. What style is that? What has inspired it?
This section contains 1,454 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)