|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
(a) Boo Radley.
(b) Holden Caulfield.
(c) Cathrine Linton.
2. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) Whether they ever traveled together.
(b) Whether they shared a bed.
(c) What caused their break up.
(d) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
3. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
(a) The magnolia tree.
(b) The peach tree.
(c) The pecan tree.
(d) The mimosa tree.
4. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
(a) Aibileen and Minny.
(b) Just Aibileen.
(c) Her mother.
(d) All the maids who helped write the book.
5. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
(d) Severe allergies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
2. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
3. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
4. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
5. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Skeeter feel it is important to change the location and names in the book she is writing?
2. What begins to happen throughout town as people begin to read Skeeter's book?
3. Why does Minny feel that Celia Foote does not understand the line between whites and blacks?
4. What are the secret stories that Aibileen tells Mae Mobley? Why does Aibileen tell these stories?
5. What does Hilly tell Skeeter to publish in the League newsletter or she will throw her out of the league?
6. Hilly Holbrook wins Minny's chocolate pie in the silent auction at the Benefit. Who bid on the pie for Hilly? Who does she think bid on it for her?
7. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
8. What does Mrs. Stein ask Skeeter to add to the book in chapter 27? What does Skeeter ask Aibileen in order to help her with this?
9. Who shows up at Elizabeth Leefolt's door in chapter 23 to buy tickets to the League's Children's Benefit? Why is this potentially a disaster for Minny and Aibileen?
10. What does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 that her mother is suffering? What are her prospects?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)