|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
(a) Rebecca Jones.
(b) Toni Franklin.
(c) Sarah Ross.
(d) Gertrude Black.
2. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
(a) Go to the Benefit.
(b) Discuss her family business.
(c) Call Celia Foote.
(d) Print stories about Hilly Holbrook.
3. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
(b) Convection oven.
(c) Air conditioning.
4. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) A month.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
5. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
(b) A few months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
2. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
3. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
4. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
5. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 22, it is Mae Mobley's birthday. What kind of cake does Aibileen want to make? Why? What kind does Elizabeth Leefolt insist on Aibileen making?
2. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
3. How are most of the women at the Benefit dressed? How does Celia Foote stand out?
4. Why does Minny feel that Celia Foote does not understand the line between whites and blacks?
5. What does Minny insist on adding to her section of the book? For what reason?
6. Why does Celia threaten to leave her husband in chapter 26? How does Minny talk her out of it?
7. Why does Skeeter feel it is important to change the location and names in the book she is writing?
8. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
9. What are the secret stories that Aibileen tells Mae Mobley? Why does Aibileen tell these stories?
10. Who has Skeeter started dating in chapter 19? Why does she refuse to go to Biloxi with him?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)