|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hotstack?
(a) A black community near Longleaf.
(b) A type of dish in Mississippi.
(c) A new magazine in Mississippi.
(d) A store in Jackson.
2. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Stomach ulcers.
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Cystic fibrosis.
3. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(a) A new job.
4. What is Skeeter's christian name?
5. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt's mother.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Mrs. Walters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
2. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
3. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
4. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
5. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Skeeter show to Aibileen in chapter 14? Why does Aibileen later show this same thing to Minny?
2. What does Miss Celia do that Minny finds odd? Why does Minny have trouble teaching Miss Celia to cook?
3. Why does Skeeter begin visiting Aibileen at Mrs. Leefolt's house? What does Skeeter talk to Aibileen about?
4. Why does Aibileen begin telling Mae Mobley she is a smart, kind girl?
5. Who is Constantine? What does Skeeter think happened to her?
6. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
7. Why does Skeeter try to pay money to Aibileen in chapter 8? How does Aibileen react?
8. How did Minny Jackson get an interview with Celia Foote? What happens at the interview?
9. What does Hilly Holbrook ask Aibileen that she feels she must answer honestly for Mae Mobley's sake? Why does Hilly ask this question of Aibileen?
10. Who sets up the first date between Stuart Whitworth and Skeeter? How does it go?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)