|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
(b) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(c) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(d) She told him it would stunt his growth.
2. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) The Biography of Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Frederick Douglass, an American Slave.
3. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) The beginning of preschool.
(b) Potty training time.
(c) She just began to talk.
(d) She just began to walk.
4. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her satchel.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her car keys.
5. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Jackson Journal.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) The Junior League newsletter.
(d) The Jackson Daily News.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
2. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
3. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
4. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
5. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Minny about the day that Celia Foote will tell her husband that she has hired a maid? How does Johnny Foote finally find out about Minny?
2. Who sets up the first date between Stuart Whitworth and Skeeter? How does it go?
3. What does Aibileen ask of Skeeter during their sixth session together working on Skeeter's book?
4. What letter does Skeeter receive in chapter 6 that inspires her to begin searching for a writing job and to find unique topics to write about?
5. What was Treelore hoping to do before his death? How did Aibileen feel about this?
6. What does Miss Celia do that Minny finds odd? Why does Minny have trouble teaching Miss Celia to cook?
7. What does Hilly Holbrook complain about at Elizabeth Leefolt's? How does this lead to the Leefolt's building a new bathroom in the carport of their home?
8. How does the first interview between Skeeter and Aibileen go? What does Skeeter think will happen next?
9. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
10. What does Skeeter show to Aibileen in chapter 14? Why does Aibileen later show this same thing to Minny?
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)