|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(b) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is too small.
2. What is Skeeter's christian name?
3. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
(a) She wants him to think she can care for him and the house herself.
(b) She is afraid he will not like having a black maid in the house.
(c) She does not want him to know she is afraid to be alone.
(d) She is afriad he will not like the money she is spending on the maid.
4. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(b) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(c) Spilling flour on the floor.
(d) Breaking one of her toys.
5. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(b) State senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
2. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
3. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
4. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
5. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Constantine? What does Skeeter think happened to her?
2. In chapter 10, Celia locks herself in the bathroom and yells at Minny when she comes to change the bedsheets. What does this and other odd behaviors say about Celia?
3. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
4. What rules did Minny's mother tell her about working for a white woman? Which rule does Minny constantly break?
5. What does Hilly Holbrook ask Aibileen that she feels she must answer honestly for Mae Mobley's sake? Why does Hilly ask this question of Aibileen?
6. Why does Skeeter try to pay money to Aibileen in chapter 8? How does Aibileen react?
7. What does Skeeter show to Aibileen in chapter 14? Why does Aibileen later show this same thing to Minny?
8. How does the first interview between Skeeter and Aibileen go? What does Skeeter think will happen next?
9. What worries Minny about the day that Celia Foote will tell her husband that she has hired a maid? How does Johnny Foote finally find out about Minny?
10. Why does Skeeter begin visiting Aibileen at Mrs. Leefolt's house? What does Skeeter talk to Aibileen about?
This section contains 1,435 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)