|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
(b) Not cleaning properly.
(c) Stealing silver.
(d) Stealing jewelry.
2. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Cystic fibrosis.
(c) Stomach ulcers.
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
3. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) George Patton.
(b) Robert E. Lee.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) Stonewall Jackson.
4. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(b) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(c) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(d) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
5. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(b) Celia Foote.
(c) Skeeter and her family.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
2. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
3. Who is Patricia van Devender?
4. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
5. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Treelore hoping to do before his death? How did Aibileen feel about this?
2. What worries Minny about the day that Celia Foote will tell her husband that she has hired a maid? How does Johnny Foote finally find out about Minny?
3. Why does Skeeter begin visiting Aibileen at Mrs. Leefolt's house? What does Skeeter talk to Aibileen about?
4. What begins to happen throughout town as people begin to read Skeeter's book?
5. What trouble does Mae Mobley begin to have with her preschool teacher, Miss Taylor, in chapter 31?
6. What television show discusses Skeeter's book in chapter 29? What is the result?
7. Who shows up at Skeeter's at the end of chapter 33? What is this person's intention?
8. With whom does Skeeter and her parents have dinner in chapter 20? What happens between Skeeter and Stuart during this evening?
9. What does Hilly tell Skeeter to publish in the League newsletter or she will throw her out of the league?
10. Who does Skeeter run into at the drug store in chapter 33? What does this person tell her?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)