|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
(a) Mrs. Walters.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt's mother.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
2. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
3. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Spilling flour on the floor.
(b) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(c) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(d) Breaking one of her toys.
4. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) A down payment on a new house.
(b) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
(c) A down payment on a new car.
(d) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
5. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(b) State senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
2. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
3. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
4. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
5. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
2. Who sets up the first date between Stuart Whitworth and Skeeter? How does it go?
3. What does Miss Celia do that Minny finds odd? Why does Minny have trouble teaching Miss Celia to cook?
4. Who is Skeeter Phelan? How does she know Hilly Holbrook? What did Hilly threaten to do in the beginning of chapter 5 to Skeeter?
5. Who is Constantine? What does Skeeter think happened to her?
6. Why does Skeeter begin visiting Aibileen at Mrs. Leefolt's house? What does Skeeter talk to Aibileen about?
7. What letter does Skeeter receive in chapter 6 that inspires her to begin searching for a writing job and to find unique topics to write about?
8. What does Aibileen ask of Skeeter during their sixth session together working on Skeeter's book?
9. Why does Skeeter try to pay money to Aibileen in chapter 8? How does Aibileen react?
10. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)