|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Treelore when he died?
2. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(b) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(c) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(d) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
3. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
(a) William Holbrook.
(b) Stuart Whitworth.
(c) Stuart Farnsworth.
(d) Johnny Foote.
4. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
5. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(a) A new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Stein?
2. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
3. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
4. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
5. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Skeeter try to pay money to Aibileen in chapter 8? How does Aibileen react?
2. What does Hilly Holbrook complain about at Elizabeth Leefolt's? How does this lead to the Leefolt's building a new bathroom in the carport of their home?
3. Who is Skeeter Phelan? How does she know Hilly Holbrook? What did Hilly threaten to do in the beginning of chapter 5 to Skeeter?
4. How does the first interview between Skeeter and Aibileen go? What does Skeeter think will happen next?
5. What rules did Minny's mother tell her about working for a white woman? Which rule does Minny constantly break?
6. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
7. Who does Aibileen go to work for at the beginning of the novel? What happened just a few months before she accepted this job?
8. What does Miss Celia do that Minny finds odd? Why does Minny have trouble teaching Miss Celia to cook?
9. What does Aibileen write in her small notebook? How did she get into this habit?
10. Why does Skeeter begin visiting Aibileen at Mrs. Leefolt's house? What does Skeeter talk to Aibileen about?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)