|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(c) Yule May.
2. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
(a) William Holbrook.
(b) Stuart Farnsworth.
(c) Stuart Whitworth.
(d) Johnny Foote.
3. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
4. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her love for her children.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her love for her husband.
5. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(b) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(c) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(d) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
2. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
3. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
4. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
5. Who is Pascagoula?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sets up the first date between Stuart Whitworth and Skeeter? How does it go?
2. What does Aibileen write in her small notebook? How did she get into this habit?
3. Why does Skeeter try to pay money to Aibileen in chapter 8? How does Aibileen react?
4. Who is Constantine? What does Skeeter think happened to her?
5. In chapter 10, Celia locks herself in the bathroom and yells at Minny when she comes to change the bedsheets. What does this and other odd behaviors say about Celia?
6. How does the first interview between Skeeter and Aibileen go? What does Skeeter think will happen next?
7. What was Treelore hoping to do before his death? How did Aibileen feel about this?
8. Who does Aibileen go to work for at the beginning of the novel? What happened just a few months before she accepted this job?
9. Who is Skeeter Phelan? How does she know Hilly Holbrook? What did Hilly threaten to do in the beginning of chapter 5 to Skeeter?
10. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)