|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too skinny.
(b) She's too skittish.
(c) She's too inexperienced.
(d) She's too busy.
2. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(d) Polishing silver.
3. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) William Holbrook.
(c) Stuart Townsend.
(d) Johnny Foote.
4. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Stealing jewelry.
(b) Not cleaning properly.
(c) Stealing silver.
(d) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
5. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
2. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
3. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
4. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
5. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Skeeter begin visiting Aibileen at Mrs. Leefolt's house? What does Skeeter talk to Aibileen about?
2. Who sets up the first date between Stuart Whitworth and Skeeter? How does it go?
3. What does Hilly Holbrook ask Aibileen that she feels she must answer honestly for Mae Mobley's sake? Why does Hilly ask this question of Aibileen?
4. Who is killed blocks from Aibileen's home? What is the aftermath of this death?
5. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
6. What does Skeeter show to Aibileen in chapter 14? Why does Aibileen later show this same thing to Minny?
7. How does the first interview between Skeeter and Aibileen go? What does Skeeter think will happen next?
8. What does Miss Celia do that Minny finds odd? Why does Minny have trouble teaching Miss Celia to cook?
9. Who is Constantine? What does Skeeter think happened to her?
10. What worries Minny about the day that Celia Foote will tell her husband that she has hired a maid? How does Johnny Foote finally find out about Minny?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)