|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with black maids about their families.
(b) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
(c) Interviews with southern women about their families.
(d) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
2. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt's mother.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt.
(d) Mrs. Walters.
3. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(c) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
4. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(b) A Confederate flag.
(c) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
(d) A Confederate pistol.
5. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) Playing golf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
2. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
3. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
4. Who is Patricia van Devender?
5. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hilly tell Skeeter to publish in the League newsletter or she will throw her out of the league?
2. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
3. Who is killed blocks from Aibileen's home? What is the aftermath of this death?
4. What television show discusses Skeeter's book in chapter 29? What is the result?
5. What does Skeeter learn about Yule May in chapter 19? What does the letter from Yule May to Skeeter say? What is the result of this situation?
6. Who does Aibileen go to work for at the beginning of the novel? What happened just a few months before she accepted this job?
7. Hilly Holbrook wins Minny's chocolate pie in the silent auction at the Benefit. Who bid on the pie for Hilly? Who does she think bid on it for her?
8. What letter does Skeeter receive in chapter 6 that inspires her to begin searching for a writing job and to find unique topics to write about?
9. What does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 that her mother is suffering? What are her prospects?
10. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)