|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(d) State senate.
2. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Getting a home of her own.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Getting a haircut.
3. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(b) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(c) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(d) Constantine, her family's former maid.
4. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Jackson Journal.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) The Junior League newsletter.
(d) The Jackson Daily News.
5. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is firing Aibileen.
(b) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
(c) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
2. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
3. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
4. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
5. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Skeeter begin visiting Aibileen at Mrs. Leefolt's house? What does Skeeter talk to Aibileen about?
2. What does Skeeter show to Aibileen in chapter 14? Why does Aibileen later show this same thing to Minny?
3. Who is Constantine? What does Skeeter think happened to her?
4. In chapter 10, Celia locks herself in the bathroom and yells at Minny when she comes to change the bedsheets. What does this and other odd behaviors say about Celia?
5. What does Hilly Holbrook complain about at Elizabeth Leefolt's? How does this lead to the Leefolt's building a new bathroom in the carport of their home?
6. What rules did Minny's mother tell her about working for a white woman? Which rule does Minny constantly break?
7. What are the interviews like between Skeeter and Minny? Who does Minny refuse to allow Skeeter to place in her book?
8. Why does Skeeter try to pay money to Aibileen in chapter 8? How does Aibileen react?
9. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
10. Why does Aibileen begin telling Mae Mobley she is a smart, kind girl?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)