|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(b) Playing golf.
(c) Playing tennis.
2. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
3. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) She just began to talk.
(b) Potty training time.
(c) She just began to walk.
(d) The beginning of preschool.
4. What is the Shinalator?
(a) A hair conditioner.
(b) A floor polishing machine.
(c) A hair dryer.
(d) A silver polishing machine.
5. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
2. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
3. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
4. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
5. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hilly Holbrook complain about at Elizabeth Leefolt's? How does this lead to the Leefolt's building a new bathroom in the carport of their home?
2. Why does Skeeter begin visiting Aibileen at Mrs. Leefolt's house? What does Skeeter talk to Aibileen about?
3. In chapter 10, Celia locks herself in the bathroom and yells at Minny when she comes to change the bedsheets. What does this and other odd behaviors say about Celia?
4. Who does Aibileen go to work for at the beginning of the novel? What happened just a few months before she accepted this job?
5. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
6. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
7. How does the first interview between Skeeter and Aibileen go? What does Skeeter think will happen next?
8. What does Aibileen ask of Skeeter during their sixth session together working on Skeeter's book?
9. How did Minny Jackson get an interview with Celia Foote? What happens at the interview?
10. What does Aibileen write in her small notebook? How did she get into this habit?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)