|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
(a) William Holbrook.
(b) Stuart Townsend.
(c) Johnny Foote.
(d) Stuart Whitworth.
2. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother, Carlton.
3. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(b) Chicken pox.
4. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
(a) Stuart Farnsworth.
(b) William Holbrook.
(c) Stuart Whitworth.
(d) Johnny Foote.
5. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Cystic fibrosis.
(b) Stomach ulcers.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
2. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
3. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
4. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
5. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hilly Holbrook complain about at Elizabeth Leefolt's? How does this lead to the Leefolt's building a new bathroom in the carport of their home?
2. In chapter 22, it is Mae Mobley's birthday. What kind of cake does Aibileen want to make? Why? What kind does Elizabeth Leefolt insist on Aibileen making?
3. What does Mrs. Stein tell Skeeter in chapter 27 about the deadline for the book? How does this change things?
4. What rules did Minny's mother tell her about working for a white woman? Which rule does Minny constantly break?
5. What does Hilly Holbrook ask Aibileen that she feels she must answer honestly for Mae Mobley's sake? Why does Hilly ask this question of Aibileen?
6. What are the interviews like between Skeeter and Minny? Who does Minny refuse to allow Skeeter to place in her book?
7. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
8. What does Skeeter begin searching for a job outside of Jackson in chapter 33?
9. How did Minny Jackson get an interview with Celia Foote? What happens at the interview?
10. In chapter 18, Minny finds Celia in the bathroom of her bedroom. What has happened to Celia? How does this explain her odd behavior since Minny came to work for her?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)