|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Constantine, their former maid.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
2. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(b) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(c) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(d) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
3. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
4. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) She just began to talk.
(b) She just began to walk.
(c) The beginning of preschool.
(d) Potty training time.
5. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) The name of a weekly love advice column.
(b) Skeeter's new boss.
(c) A maid in Jackson.
(d) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
2. What is Hotstack?
3. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
4. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
5. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Minny about the day that Celia Foote will tell her husband that she has hired a maid? How does Johnny Foote finally find out about Minny?
2. Why does Skeeter try to pay money to Aibileen in chapter 8? How does Aibileen react?
3. Who does Aibileen go to work for at the beginning of the novel? What happened just a few months before she accepted this job?
4. Why does Aibileen begin telling Mae Mobley she is a smart, kind girl?
5. Who sets up the first date between Stuart Whitworth and Skeeter? How does it go?
6. What rules did Minny's mother tell her about working for a white woman? Which rule does Minny constantly break?
7. What does Aibileen write in her small notebook? How did she get into this habit?
8. What does Aibileen ask of Skeeter during their sixth session together working on Skeeter's book?
9. What does Miss Celia do that Minny finds odd? Why does Minny have trouble teaching Miss Celia to cook?
10. How does the first interview between Skeeter and Aibileen go? What does Skeeter think will happen next?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)