|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
(a) All names and professions will not be changed.
(b) The book will never be sold in Jackson.
(c) All names and locations will be changed.
(d) The book will never be published.
2. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(c) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
3. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(c) Playing golf.
(d) Playing tennis.
4. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
(b) A down payment on a new car.
(c) A down payment on a new house.
(d) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
5. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Spilling flour on the floor.
(b) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(c) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(d) Breaking one of her toys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
2. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
3. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
4. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
5. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Constantine? What does Skeeter think happened to her?
2. What does Aibileen write in her small notebook? How did she get into this habit?
3. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
4. Who sets up the first date between Stuart Whitworth and Skeeter? How does it go?
5. What does Aibileen ask of Skeeter during their sixth session together working on Skeeter's book?
6. What rules did Minny's mother tell her about working for a white woman? Which rule does Minny constantly break?
7. What are the interviews like between Skeeter and Minny? Who does Minny refuse to allow Skeeter to place in her book?
8. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
9. What does Skeeter show to Aibileen in chapter 14? Why does Aibileen later show this same thing to Minny?
10. What letter does Skeeter receive in chapter 6 that inspires her to begin searching for a writing job and to find unique topics to write about?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)