|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Treelore when he died?
2. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Jackson Daily News.
(b) The Jackson Journal.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Junior League newsletter.
3. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would tap herself on the chest.
(b) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
(c) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
(d) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
4. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(b) Editor for a New York magazine.
(c) Editor for Harper & Row.
(d) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
5. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Tupperware party.
(b) Cocktail party.
(c) Bridge party.
(d) Birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
2. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
3. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
4. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
5. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hilly Holbrook ask Aibileen that she feels she must answer honestly for Mae Mobley's sake? Why does Hilly ask this question of Aibileen?
2. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
3. Why does Skeeter begin visiting Aibileen at Mrs. Leefolt's house? What does Skeeter talk to Aibileen about?
4. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
5. Why does Aibileen begin telling Mae Mobley she is a smart, kind girl?
6. What are the interviews like between Skeeter and Minny? Who does Minny refuse to allow Skeeter to place in her book?
7. Who is Skeeter Phelan? How does she know Hilly Holbrook? What did Hilly threaten to do in the beginning of chapter 5 to Skeeter?
8. How does the first interview between Skeeter and Aibileen go? What does Skeeter think will happen next?
9. In chapter 10, Celia locks herself in the bathroom and yells at Minny when she comes to change the bedsheets. What does this and other odd behaviors say about Celia?
10. What was Treelore hoping to do before his death? How did Aibileen feel about this?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)