|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
2. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) A down payment on a new house.
(b) A down payment on a new car.
(c) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
(d) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
3. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(a) Ole Miss.
(b) University of Texas at Austin.
4. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(b) Yule May.
5. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A Confederate pistol.
(b) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(c) A Confederate flag.
(d) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
2. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
3. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
4. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
5. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hilly Holbrook ask Aibileen that she feels she must answer honestly for Mae Mobley's sake? Why does Hilly ask this question of Aibileen?
2. Who sets up the first date between Stuart Whitworth and Skeeter? How does it go?
3. What rules did Minny's mother tell her about working for a white woman? Which rule does Minny constantly break?
4. Why does Skeeter try to pay money to Aibileen in chapter 8? How does Aibileen react?
5. What does Miss Celia do that Minny finds odd? Why does Minny have trouble teaching Miss Celia to cook?
6. Who is killed blocks from Aibileen's home? What is the aftermath of this death?
7. What letter does Skeeter receive in chapter 6 that inspires her to begin searching for a writing job and to find unique topics to write about?
8. What does Aibileen ask of Skeeter during their sixth session together working on Skeeter's book?
9. In chapter 10, Celia locks herself in the bathroom and yells at Minny when she comes to change the bedsheets. What does this and other odd behaviors say about Celia?
10. Who is Skeeter Phelan? How does she know Hilly Holbrook? What did Hilly threaten to do in the beginning of chapter 5 to Skeeter?
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)