|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too skittish.
(b) She's too busy.
(c) She's too inexperienced.
(d) She's too skinny.
2. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) Her fictional stories.
(c) Her thoughts and emotions.
(d) Her grocery lists.
3. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
4. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
(a) Did some grocery shopping for her.
(b) Mowed her yard free of charge.
(c) Cleaned out Treelore's apartment.
(d) Made repairs around the house.
5. What is Hotstack?
(a) A store in Jackson.
(b) A type of dish in Mississippi.
(c) A new magazine in Mississippi.
(d) A black community near Longleaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
2. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
3. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
4. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
5. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aibileen ask of Skeeter during their sixth session together working on Skeeter's book?
2. What letter does Skeeter receive in chapter 6 that inspires her to begin searching for a writing job and to find unique topics to write about?
3. Why does Aibileen begin telling Mae Mobley she is a smart, kind girl?
4. Who is Skeeter Phelan? How does she know Hilly Holbrook? What did Hilly threaten to do in the beginning of chapter 5 to Skeeter?
5. Who is killed blocks from Aibileen's home? What is the aftermath of this death?
6. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
7. Who sets up the first date between Stuart Whitworth and Skeeter? How does it go?
8. What rules did Minny's mother tell her about working for a white woman? Which rule does Minny constantly break?
9. How does the first interview between Skeeter and Aibileen go? What does Skeeter think will happen next?
10. What does Aibileen write in her small notebook? How did she get into this habit?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)