|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
(a) A red satchel that her grandmother once used for her gardening tools.
(b) A large canvas backpack.
(c) A green army knapsack.
(d) A black attache case with a broken latch.
2. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
3. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her car keys.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her satchel.
4. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) She just began to talk.
(b) Potty training time.
(c) She just began to walk.
(d) The beginning of preschool.
5. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a teacher.
(b) She was a wet nurse.
(c) She was a maid.
(d) She was a house slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Patricia van Devender?
2. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
3. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
4. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
5. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the first interview between Skeeter and Aibileen go? What does Skeeter think will happen next?
2. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
3. Who is Skeeter Phelan? How does she know Hilly Holbrook? What did Hilly threaten to do in the beginning of chapter 5 to Skeeter?
4. How did Minny Jackson get an interview with Celia Foote? What happens at the interview?
5. What does Skeeter show to Aibileen in chapter 14? Why does Aibileen later show this same thing to Minny?
6. What does Miss Celia do that Minny finds odd? Why does Minny have trouble teaching Miss Celia to cook?
7. What was Treelore hoping to do before his death? How did Aibileen feel about this?
8. Who is Constantine? What does Skeeter think happened to her?
9. What does Aibileen write in her small notebook? How did she get into this habit?
10. What does Hilly Holbrook complain about at Elizabeth Leefolt's? How does this lead to the Leefolt's building a new bathroom in the carport of their home?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)