|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Footes' maid.
(b) The Phelans' maid.
(c) The Leefolts' maid.
(d) The Holbrooks' maid.
2. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(b) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is dirty.
3. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Playing tennis.
4. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Tupperware party.
(b) Bridge party.
(c) Cocktail party.
(d) Birthday party.
5. How old was Treelore when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
2. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
3. What is Hotstack?
4. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
5. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Treelore hoping to do before his death? How did Aibileen feel about this?
2. What does Hilly Holbrook ask Aibileen that she feels she must answer honestly for Mae Mobley's sake? Why does Hilly ask this question of Aibileen?
3. What letter does Skeeter receive in chapter 6 that inspires her to begin searching for a writing job and to find unique topics to write about?
4. In chapter 10, Celia locks herself in the bathroom and yells at Minny when she comes to change the bedsheets. What does this and other odd behaviors say about Celia?
5. Who is Constantine? What does Skeeter think happened to her?
6. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
7. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
8. What worries Minny about the day that Celia Foote will tell her husband that she has hired a maid? How does Johnny Foote finally find out about Minny?
9. How did Minny Jackson get an interview with Celia Foote? What happens at the interview?
10. Why does Skeeter try to pay money to Aibileen in chapter 8? How does Aibileen react?
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)