|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will get injured walking to the carport.
(b) She will get some terrible disease.
(c) She will fall into the comode.
(d) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
2. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Lou Anne Templeton.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
3. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(a) Ole Miss.
(c) University of Texas at Austin.
4. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
(a) Robert E. Lee hotel.
(b) Blackshire Club.
(c) Broadmoore pool.
(d) Jackson Country Club.
5. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
(a) Lou Anne Templeton.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Celia Foote.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
2. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
3. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
4. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
5. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Minny about the day that Celia Foote will tell her husband that she has hired a maid? How does Johnny Foote finally find out about Minny?
2. What letter does Skeeter receive in chapter 6 that inspires her to begin searching for a writing job and to find unique topics to write about?
3. What does Aibileen ask of Skeeter during their sixth session together working on Skeeter's book?
4. Who is killed blocks from Aibileen's home? What is the aftermath of this death?
5. What does Miss Celia do that Minny finds odd? Why does Minny have trouble teaching Miss Celia to cook?
6. Who is Yule May? What does she want to speak to Aibileen about at a meeting at their church?
7. In chapter 10, Celia locks herself in the bathroom and yells at Minny when she comes to change the bedsheets. What does this and other odd behaviors say about Celia?
8. Why does Aibileen begin telling Mae Mobley she is a smart, kind girl?
9. What does Aibileen write in her small notebook? How did she get into this habit?
10. What does Celia spend most of her days doing? What is the result?
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)