|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) A clothes washer.
(b) A dish washer.
(c) Air conditioning.
(d) A refrigertor.
2. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
(a) Stuart and her brother.
(b) Pascagoula's brothers.
(c) Aibileen's cousin and nephew.
(d) Her own brother and a friend.
3. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
(a) Boo Radley.
(c) Cathrine Linton.
(d) Holden Caulfield.
4. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That Johnny knows about her.
(b) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(c) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
(d) That she has five kids.
5. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) One day.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
6. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
7. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
(a) All the same size.
(b) More open minded.
(c) Color blind.
(d) Less prone to bad moods.
8. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
(a) Very common.
(b) Everyone did it.
(c) Not common, but it was done.
9. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(b) Celia is angry with her again.
(c) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
(d) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
10. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
(a) Severe allergies.
11. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Write a tell all book about Jackson housewives.
(b) Ignore Hilly Holbrook's overtures of friendship.
(c) Move closer into Jackson.
(d) Leave her husband.
12. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) The truth of why Constantine left.
(b) A resume.
(c) A confession by Yule May.
(d) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
13. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She uses one.
(c) She cries.
(d) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
14. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
(a) A self propelled vaccuum cleaner.
(b) A garbage disposal.
(c) An automatic dishwasher.
(d) A television remote control.
15. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) What caused their break up.
(b) Whether they ever traveled together.
(c) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
(d) Whether they shared a bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
2. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
3. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
4. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
5. How much time does Mrs. Stein cut off of Skeeter's deadline for completing her book in chapter 26?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)