|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dish is Skeeter left to prepare on New Year's Day?
(a) Black eyed peas.
(b) A ham.
(c) Pinto beans.
(d) A turkey feast.
2. What does Aibileen's church give her to celebrate the publication of the book?
(a) A plaque with her name on it.
(b) A painted portrait.
(c) A new Bible.
(d) A book signed by everyone in the church.
3. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
(a) Dr. Neal.
4. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) The Biography of Washington Carver.
(c) Stride Toward Freedom.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
5. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
(b) Whether they ever traveled together.
(c) Whether they shared a bed.
(d) What caused their break up.
6. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Mr. Leefolt.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
7. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
(a) Lou Anne.
(b) Mrs. Walters.
8. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(b) Mrs. Walters.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
9. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
(a) Gertrude Black.
(b) Rebecca Jones.
(c) Toni Franklin.
(d) Sarah Ross.
10. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
(a) Hilly thinks Celia stole Minny with a promise of higher wages.
(b) Hilly thinks Johnny cheated on her with Celia.
(c) Hilly thinks Celia trapped Johnny into marriage.
(d) Hilly thinks Celia has told lies about her around town.
11. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
(a) Minny Jackson.
(b) Celia Foote.
(c) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
12. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
(a) It is her civic duty.
(b) She hopes Hilly will someday forgive her.
(c) Elizabeth is still her friend.
(d) She is editor of the newsletter.
13. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
14. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(b) Celia is angry with her again.
(c) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
(d) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
15. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
(a) Hilly has decided to disban the Jackson League.
(b) Hilly has voted to end the newsletter.
(c) Hilly will take over as editor of the newsletter.
(d) Hilly has thrown Skeeter out of the League.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Carl Roberts?
2. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
3. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
4. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
5. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)