|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
(c) A few months.
2. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
(a) Poor Starving Children of Africa.
(b) The Starving Children of Ethiopia.
(c) The poor of Jackson.
(d) The local schools.
3. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) Stride Toward Freedom.
(b) The Biography of Washington Carver.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
4. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
(a) Her skin was too white for her to go unnoticed in the south.
(b) Constantine was single and could not care for her.
(c) She was ill and Constantine no longer wanted her.
(d) Constantine was hiding her from her biological father.
5. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She uses one.
6. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
(a) Aibileen spends more time with baby Ross.
(b) She has begun preschool.
(c) She has moved in with her grandmother.
(d) Aibileen no longer works for the Leefolts.
7. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
(b) Severe allergies.
8. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
(a) The Robert E. Lee Hotel.
(b) The Jackson Country Club.
(c) The Governor's Mansion.
(d) Hilly Holbrook's house.
9. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
(a) She hopes Hilly will someday forgive her.
(b) It is her civic duty.
(c) Elizabeth is still her friend.
(d) She is editor of the newsletter.
10. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
(b) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(c) That she has five kids.
(d) That Johnny knows about her.
11. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
(a) Out of respect for the death of President Kennedy.
(b) Out of respect for the family of Medgar Evers.
(c) Out of a lack of money.
(d) Out of a lack of facilities.
12. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
(a) An automatic dishwasher.
(b) A television remote control.
(c) A self propelled vaccuum cleaner.
(d) A garbage disposal.
13. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
(a) Hilly thinks Celia stole Minny with a promise of higher wages.
(b) Hilly thinks Celia trapped Johnny into marriage.
(c) Hilly thinks Johnny cheated on her with Celia.
(d) Hilly thinks Celia has told lies about her around town.
14. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(b) She has decided to move out of the area.
(c) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
(d) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
15. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
(c) Air conditioning.
(d) Convection oven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
2. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
3. Why does Stuart take back the marriage proposal he makes to Skeeter in chapter 28?
4. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
5. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)