|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(c) Celia Foote.
(d) Minny Jackson.
2. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
(a) Less prone to bad moods.
(b) All the same size.
(c) More open minded.
(d) Color blind.
3. Who was Carl Roberts?
(a) A black man jailed for a sit in at a lunch counter.
(b) A white activist in Mississippi.
(c) A friend of Stuart Whitworth.
(d) A young black man lynched from speaking out against the Mississippi governor.
4. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
(a) It was someone else.
(b) It was a joke.
(c) It was a typo.
(d) It was an accident.
5. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) Korean War.
(c) World War II.
(d) War on drugs.
6. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
(a) She does not want to hear 'I told you so'.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is hoping he will come back.
(d) She does not want to disappoint her.
7. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
(a) Katherine Hepburn.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Rita Hayworth.
8. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
(a) Mrs. Walters.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
9. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
(a) Hilly thinks Celia trapped Johnny into marriage.
(b) Hilly thinks Johnny cheated on her with Celia.
(c) Hilly thinks Celia stole Minny with a promise of higher wages.
(d) Hilly thinks Celia has told lies about her around town.
10. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
(a) Very common.
(b) Not common, but it was done.
(c) Everyone did it.
11. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
(a) Toni Franklin.
(b) Gertrude Black.
(c) Rebecca Jones.
(d) Sarah Ross.
12. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
(a) The Robert E. Lee Hotel.
(b) Hilly Holbrook's house.
(c) The Jackson Country Club.
(d) The Governor's Mansion.
13. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
(b) Whether they ever traveled together.
(c) Whether they shared a bed.
(d) What caused their break up.
14. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
(a) An automatic dishwasher.
(b) A garbage disposal.
(c) A television remote control.
(d) A self propelled vaccuum cleaner.
15. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
(a) The peach tree.
(b) The magnolia tree.
(c) The mimosa tree.
(d) The pecan tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
2. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
3. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
4. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
5. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)