|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Abilene Johnson.
(b) Sarah Ross.
(c) Margret Green.
(d) Rebecca Jones.
2. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
3. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
(a) Less prone to bad moods.
(b) All the same size.
(c) Color blind.
(d) More open minded.
4. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
(a) Korean War.
(b) War on drugs.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
5. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Sixty five dollars.
(b) Eight hundred dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
6. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
7. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Johnny Foote.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
8. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
(a) Air conditioning.
(d) Convection oven.
9. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
(a) Mrs. Walters told her they used to play together.
(b) Minny told Johnny Foote she knew how.
(c) She told her.
(d) They played the game once when Minny first came to work for her.
10. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
(a) She is hoping he will come back.
(b) She does not want to hear 'I told you so'.
(c) She does not want to disappoint her.
(d) She is embarrassed.
11. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
(a) Out of a lack of money.
(b) Out of respect for the family of Medgar Evers.
(c) Out of respect for the death of President Kennedy.
(d) Out of a lack of facilities.
12. When does Skeeter mail the manuscript to Harper and Row?
(a) Too late for the deadline.
(b) Shortly before Christmas.
(c) In January.
(d) She does not.
13. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
(b) That Johnny knows about her.
(c) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(d) That she has five kids.
14. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
(a) Skeeter is drunk.
(b) Skeeter's skirt is too short.
(c) He wants to keep Skeeter to himself.
(d) He is drunk.
15. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
(a) Hilly Holbrook's house.
(b) The Robert E. Lee Hotel.
(c) The Jackson Country Club.
(d) The Governor's Mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Mrs. Stein cut off of Skeeter's deadline for completing her book in chapter 26?
2. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
3. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
4. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
5. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)