|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
2. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
(a) Mrs. Walters told her they used to play together.
(b) They played the game once when Minny first came to work for her.
(c) She told her.
(d) Minny told Johnny Foote she knew how.
3. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) The truth of why Constantine left.
(b) A resume.
(c) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
(d) A confession by Yule May.
4. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
(a) All the maids who helped write the book.
(b) Just Aibileen.
(c) Aibileen and Minny.
(d) Her mother.
5. What reason does Stuart give Skeeter in chapter 28 for not working on the oil rigs any longer?
(a) He would have to leave her.
(b) He dislikes the work.
(c) He is too important to his company to get that dirty.
(d) He does not have the body strength anymore.
6. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
(a) Aibileen no longer works for the Leefolts.
(b) She has begun preschool.
(c) Aibileen spends more time with baby Ross.
(d) She has moved in with her grandmother.
7. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
(a) A vitamin tonic.
(b) Hair tonic.
(c) A celery tonic.
(d) A catching tonic.
8. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Minny Jackson.
(c) Celia Foote.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
9. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Eight hundred dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) Sixty five dollars.
10. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
(a) It was someone else.
(b) It was a joke.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) It was a typo.
11. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
(a) Mrs. Walters.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
12. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) Six months.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) Eighteen months.
13. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) The Biography of Washington Carver.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(d) Stride Toward Freedom.
14. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Move closer into Jackson.
(b) Write a tell all book about Jackson housewives.
(c) Ignore Hilly Holbrook's overtures of friendship.
(d) Leave her husband.
15. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
(a) Skeeter is drunk.
(b) Skeeter's skirt is too short.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He wants to keep Skeeter to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
2. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
3. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
4. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
5. Who was Carl Roberts?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)