|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
(a) The poor of Jackson.
(b) The Starving Children of Ethiopia.
(c) The local schools.
(d) Poor Starving Children of Africa.
2. What does Dr. Tate accuse Celia of in chapter 18?
(b) Intentionally causing her miscarriages.
(c) Alcohol use.
(d) Drug use.
3. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
(a) Go to the Benefit.
(b) Call Celia Foote.
(c) Print stories about Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Discuss her family business.
4. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Johnny Foote.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
5. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
(a) She told her.
(b) They played the game once when Minny first came to work for her.
(c) Minny told Johnny Foote she knew how.
(d) Mrs. Walters told her they used to play together.
6. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
(a) Southern Help.
(b) Southern Domestics.
(c) Colored Domestics and their Southern Families.
(d) The Help.
7. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Ignore Hilly Holbrook's overtures of friendship.
(b) Move closer into Jackson.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Write a tell all book about Jackson housewives.
8. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) Whether they shared a bed.
(b) Whether they ever traveled together.
(c) What caused their break up.
(d) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
9. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
(a) Mississippi State.
(b) The War Between the States.
(c) His dead grandfather.
(d) His parents.
10. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
(a) Hilly has decided to disban the Jackson League.
(b) Hilly has thrown Skeeter out of the League.
(c) Hilly will take over as editor of the newsletter.
(d) Hilly has voted to end the newsletter.
11. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
(b) Yule May.
12. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That she has five kids.
(b) That Johnny knows about her.
(c) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(d) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
13. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
(b) Holden Caulfield.
(c) Cathrine Linton.
(d) Boo Radley.
14. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
(a) Gertrude Black.
(b) Toni Franklin.
(c) Sarah Ross.
(d) Rebecca Jones.
15. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
(a) A list of skills every new mother should know.
(b) A what not to wear list.
(c) A what not to say in public list.
(d) A list of things every new bride should know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dish is Skeeter left to prepare on New Year's Day?
2. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
3. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
4. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
5. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)