|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
(a) The Starving Children of Ethiopia.
(b) Poor Starving Children of Africa.
(c) The local schools.
(d) The poor of Jackson.
2. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
(a) Southern Help.
(b) The Help.
(c) Colored Domestics and their Southern Families.
(d) Southern Domestics.
3. What does Dr. Tate accuse Celia of in chapter 18?
(a) Drug use.
(b) Alcohol use.
(d) Intentionally causing her miscarriages.
4. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
5. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
(a) The house.
(b) The local department store.
(c) The Cadillac.
(d) Hilly's house.
6. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
(a) More open minded.
(b) Color blind.
(c) All the same size.
(d) Less prone to bad moods.
7. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) A fireplace poker.
(c) An antique sword.
(d) A broom handle.
8. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She cries.
(b) She uses one.
(c) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
(d) She laughs.
9. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
(a) Minny told Johnny Foote she knew how.
(b) They played the game once when Minny first came to work for her.
(c) Mrs. Walters told her they used to play together.
(d) She told her.
10. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(b) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
(c) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
(d) She has decided to move out of the area.
11. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
12. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
13. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
(a) Johnny Foote.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
14. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
(b) Whether they shared a bed.
(c) Whether they ever traveled together.
(d) What caused their break up.
15. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
2. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
3. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
4. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
5. What does Mrs. Phelan tell the Whitworths Skeeter has been writing about in chapter 20?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)