|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
(a) Johnny Foote found her in the house and fired her.
(b) Celia's mother-in-law fired her.
(c) Celia told her she was fired.
(d) Hilly Holbrook told Celia the truth about Minny and Celia fired her.
2. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
(a) Southern Domestics.
(b) Southern Help.
(c) The Help.
(d) Colored Domestics and their Southern Families.
3. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(b) Mr. Leefolt.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
4. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
(a) Dr. Neal.
5. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
(a) A vitamin tonic.
(b) Hair tonic.
(c) A celery tonic.
(d) A catching tonic.
6. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Leave her husband.
(b) Ignore Hilly Holbrook's overtures of friendship.
(c) Write a tell all book about Jackson housewives.
(d) Move closer into Jackson.
7. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
(a) Aibileen spends more time with baby Ross.
(b) She has moved in with her grandmother.
(c) She has begun preschool.
(d) Aibileen no longer works for the Leefolts.
8. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
(b) She has decided to move out of the area.
(c) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
(d) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
9. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Sixty five dollars.
(c) Eight hundred dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
10. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Rebecca Jones.
(b) Abilene Johnson.
(c) Sarah Ross.
(d) Margret Green.
11. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
(a) She does not want to disappoint her.
(b) She is hoping he will come back.
(c) She does not want to hear 'I told you so'.
(d) She is embarrassed.
12. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
(a) Out of a lack of money.
(b) Out of respect for the death of President Kennedy.
(c) Out of respect for the family of Medgar Evers.
(d) Out of a lack of facilities.
13. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
(d) A few months.
14. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three days.
15. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) Six months.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) Eighteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
2. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
3. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
4. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
5. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)