|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
(a) The mimosa tree.
(b) The pecan tree.
(c) The magnolia tree.
(d) The peach tree.
2. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
(a) An antique sword.
(b) A broom handle.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A fireplace poker.
3. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
4. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
(a) The poor of Jackson.
(b) The Starving Children of Ethiopia.
(c) The local schools.
(d) Poor Starving Children of Africa.
5. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
(a) Katherine Hepburn.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Rita Hayworth.
6. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
(a) Color blind.
(b) Less prone to bad moods.
(c) All the same size.
(d) More open minded.
7. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
(a) Her collar.
(b) Her skirt.
(c) Her cuff.
(d) Her hem.
8. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
(a) For starving children in Africa.
(b) For the spoiled housewives of Jackson.
(c) For Two-Slice Hilly.
(d) For the torn dress.
9. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
(a) It was a joke.
(b) It was a typo.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) It was someone else.
10. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
(a) Celia Foote.
(b) Minny Jackson.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
11. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) A year.
12. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
(a) The newly decorated set of the show.
(b) The appearance of her sorority sister on the show.
(c) The speculation the book was written about Jackson.
(d) The review of Little Big Man.
13. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(b) Johnny Foote.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
14. What dish is Skeeter left to prepare on New Year's Day?
(a) A ham.
(b) Pinto beans.
(c) A turkey feast.
(d) Black eyed peas.
15. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
(a) Pascagoula's brothers.
(b) Stuart and her brother.
(c) Aibileen's cousin and nephew.
(d) Her own brother and a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
2. How much time does Mrs. Stein cut off of Skeeter's deadline for completing her book in chapter 26?
3. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
4. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
5. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)