|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eighteen months.
2. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
3. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
(a) He wants to keep Skeeter to himself.
(b) Skeeter's skirt is too short.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) Skeeter is drunk.
4. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
(d) A few months.
5. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
(a) The local department store.
(b) The house.
(c) Hilly's house.
(d) The Cadillac.
6. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) A confession by Yule May.
(b) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
(c) The truth of why Constantine left.
(d) A resume.
7. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
8. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
(a) The appearance of her sorority sister on the show.
(b) The newly decorated set of the show.
(c) The review of Little Big Man.
(d) The speculation the book was written about Jackson.
9. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
(a) It was a typo.
(b) It was someone else.
(c) It was a joke.
(d) It was an accident.
10. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(b) She has decided to move out of the area.
(c) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
(d) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
11. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Celia is angry with her again.
(b) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
(c) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(d) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
12. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
(a) Elizabeth Taylor.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Rita Hayworth.
(d) Katherine Hepburn.
13. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(b) Johnny Foote.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
14. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Rebecca Whitworth.
(d) Eugenia Phelan.
15. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(b) That she has five kids.
(c) That Johnny knows about her.
(d) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
2. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
3. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
4. What does Aibileen's church give her to celebrate the publication of the book?
5. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)