Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) Stride Toward Freedom.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) The Biography of Washington Carver.
2. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
(a) The newly decorated set of the show.
(b) The appearance of her sorority sister on the show.
(c) The review of Little Big Man.
(d) The speculation the book was written about Jackson.
3. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
(a) They dislike her hair.
(b) They dislike her clothing.
(c) They think she is not good enough for Stuart.
(d) They know about her book.
4. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
(c) A few months.
5. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
(a) It was someone else.
(b) It was a typo.
(c) It was a joke.
(d) It was an accident.
6. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
7. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Rebecca Jones.
(b) Margret Green.
(c) Sarah Ross.
(d) Abilene Johnson.
8. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
(a) Skeeter's skirt is too short.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He wants to keep Skeeter to himself.
(d) Skeeter is drunk.
9. Why does Stuart take back the marriage proposal he makes to Skeeter in chapter 28?
(a) He has just learned her mother is dying.
(b) He has decided he does not like her sense of style.
(c) He claims he does not know her after she tells him about her book.
(d) Hilly tells him about Skeeter's possession of the Jim Crow laws.
10. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One day.
11. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(a) Eugenia Phelan.
(b) Rebecca Whitworth.
(c) Skeeter Phelan.
12. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Sixty five dollars.
(c) Eight hundred dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
13. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) Whether they shared a bed.
(b) What caused their break up.
(c) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
(d) Whether they ever traveled together.
14. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) She has decided not to let Skeeter marry Stuart.
(b) She has decided not to die.
(c) She has decided to commit suicide.
(d) She has decided to seek alternative treatments.
15. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
(a) Very common.
(c) Everyone did it.
(d) Not common, but it was done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
2. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
3. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
4. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
5. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)