|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) A year.
2. Who was Carl Roberts?
(a) A friend of Stuart Whitworth.
(b) A white activist in Mississippi.
(c) A young black man lynched from speaking out against the Mississippi governor.
(d) A black man jailed for a sit in at a lunch counter.
3. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) An antique sword.
(c) A fireplace poker.
(d) A broom handle.
4. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
(a) Everyone did it.
(b) Very common.
(c) Not common, but it was done.
5. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) She has decided to commit suicide.
(b) She has decided to seek alternative treatments.
(c) She has decided not to die.
(d) She has decided not to let Skeeter marry Stuart.
6. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
(a) Hilly Holbrook told Celia the truth about Minny and Celia fired her.
(b) Celia told her she was fired.
(c) Celia's mother-in-law fired her.
(d) Johnny Foote found her in the house and fired her.
7. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) The truth of why Constantine left.
(b) A confession by Yule May.
(c) A resume.
(d) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
8. What does Mrs. Phelan tell the Whitworths Skeeter has been writing about in chapter 20?
(a) Housekeeping hints.
(c) Black maids working in white households in the south.
(d) The civil rights movement.
9. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
(a) A self propelled vaccuum cleaner.
(b) A garbage disposal.
(c) An automatic dishwasher.
(d) A television remote control.
10. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
(a) A what not to wear list.
(b) A what not to say in public list.
(c) A list of skills every new mother should know.
(d) A list of things every new bride should know.
11. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
(a) He wants to keep Skeeter to himself.
(b) Skeeter's skirt is too short.
(c) Skeeter is drunk.
(d) He is drunk.
12. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Sarah Ross.
(b) Rebecca Jones.
(c) Margret Green.
(d) Abilene Johnson.
13. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She does not want to hear 'I told you so'.
(c) She does not want to disappoint her.
(d) She is hoping he will come back.
14. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
(a) Elizabeth is still her friend.
(b) She hopes Hilly will someday forgive her.
(c) It is her civic duty.
(d) She is editor of the newsletter.
15. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
(a) Mississippi State.
(b) His dead grandfather.
(c) His parents.
(d) The War Between the States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
2. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
3. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
4. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
5. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)