|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
(a) A television remote control.
(b) A self propelled vaccuum cleaner.
(c) An automatic dishwasher.
(d) A garbage disposal.
2. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
(a) Gertrude Black.
(b) Toni Franklin.
(c) Sarah Ross.
(d) Rebecca Jones.
3. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
(c) Yule May.
4. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Rebecca Jones.
(b) Abilene Johnson.
(c) Margret Green.
(d) Sarah Ross.
5. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
6. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Leave her husband.
(b) Move closer into Jackson.
(c) Ignore Hilly Holbrook's overtures of friendship.
(d) Write a tell all book about Jackson housewives.
7. What does Dr. Tate accuse Celia of in chapter 18?
(a) Drug use.
(b) Alcohol use.
(c) Intentionally causing her miscarriages.
8. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) A month.
(d) Eighteen months.
9. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
(a) She has begun preschool.
(b) She has moved in with her grandmother.
(c) Aibileen no longer works for the Leefolts.
(d) Aibileen spends more time with baby Ross.
10. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
(a) Her hem.
(b) Her skirt.
(c) Her cuff.
(d) Her collar.
11. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Eight hundred dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) Sixty five dollars.
12. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Mr. Leefolt.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
13. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
(a) The local schools.
(b) The poor of Jackson.
(c) The Starving Children of Ethiopia.
(d) Poor Starving Children of Africa.
14. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) The truth of why Constantine left.
(b) A resume.
(c) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
(d) A confession by Yule May.
15. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her treatment of Constantine.
(b) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
(c) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
(d) Her treatment of Skeeter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
2. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
3. When does Skeeter mail the manuscript to Harper and Row?
4. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
5. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)