|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
(a) Severe allergies.
2. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
(a) For the torn dress.
(b) For starving children in Africa.
(c) For the spoiled housewives of Jackson.
(d) For Two-Slice Hilly.
3. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
(a) Aibileen spends more time with baby Ross.
(b) She has begun preschool.
(c) Aibileen no longer works for the Leefolts.
(d) She has moved in with her grandmother.
4. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She uses one.
(b) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She cries.
5. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) Stride Toward Freedom.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) The Biography of Washington Carver.
6. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
(a) Not common, but it was done.
(b) Everyone did it.
(c) Very common.
7. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
(b) A few months.
8. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) A refrigertor.
(b) A clothes washer.
(c) Air conditioning.
(d) A dish washer.
9. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
(a) The War Between the States.
(b) His dead grandfather.
(c) Mississippi State.
(d) His parents.
10. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
11. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
(a) All the maids who helped write the book.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Just Aibileen.
(d) Aibileen and Minny.
12. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
(a) A list of things every new bride should know.
(b) A list of skills every new mother should know.
(c) A what not to say in public list.
(d) A what not to wear list.
13. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Four days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
14. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
(a) Southern Help.
(b) Colored Domestics and their Southern Families.
(c) The Help.
(d) Southern Domestics.
15. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
(a) Print stories about Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Discuss her family business.
(c) Call Celia Foote.
(d) Go to the Benefit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
2. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
3. What dish is Skeeter left to prepare on New Year's Day?
4. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
5. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)