|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
(a) For the spoiled housewives of Jackson.
(b) For the torn dress.
(c) For Two-Slice Hilly.
(d) For starving children in Africa.
2. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
(a) It was someone else.
(b) It was a joke.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) It was a typo.
3. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(b) Eugenia Phelan.
(c) Rebecca Whitworth.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
4. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) A confession by Yule May.
(b) A resume.
(c) The truth of why Constantine left.
(d) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
5. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Margret Green.
(b) Abilene Johnson.
(c) Rebecca Jones.
(d) Sarah Ross.
6. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
(a) The newly decorated set of the show.
(b) The review of Little Big Man.
(c) The appearance of her sorority sister on the show.
(d) The speculation the book was written about Jackson.
7. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
(a) Mrs. Walters.
(c) Lou Anne.
8. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
(a) The War Between the States.
(b) Mississippi State.
(c) His dead grandfather.
(d) His parents.
9. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
(a) Air conditioning.
(b) Convection oven.
10. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
(a) Katherine Hepburn.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Rita Hayworth.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
11. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
(a) Hilly thinks Johnny cheated on her with Celia.
(b) Hilly thinks Celia stole Minny with a promise of higher wages.
(c) Hilly thinks Celia trapped Johnny into marriage.
(d) Hilly thinks Celia has told lies about her around town.
12. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
(a) She does not want to hear 'I told you so'.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is hoping he will come back.
(d) She does not want to disappoint her.
13. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
(a) The poor of Jackson.
(b) The local schools.
(c) Poor Starving Children of Africa.
(d) The Starving Children of Ethiopia.
14. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
(a) A garbage disposal.
(b) A television remote control.
(c) A self propelled vaccuum cleaner.
(d) An automatic dishwasher.
15. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(b) She has decided to move out of the area.
(c) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
(d) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
2. How much time does Mrs. Stein cut off of Skeeter's deadline for completing her book in chapter 26?
3. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
4. What reason does Stuart give Skeeter in chapter 28 for not working on the oil rigs any longer?
5. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)