|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
(a) Celia Foote.
(b) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(c) Minny Jackson.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
2. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
(a) Holden Caulfield.
(b) Cathrine Linton.
(d) Boo Radley.
3. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) A clothes washer.
(b) A dish washer.
(c) Air conditioning.
(d) A refrigertor.
4. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
(a) A what not to wear list.
(b) A what not to say in public list.
(c) A list of things every new bride should know.
(d) A list of skills every new mother should know.
5. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
(a) The local department store.
(b) Hilly's house.
(c) The house.
(d) The Cadillac.
6. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
(a) A self propelled vaccuum cleaner.
(b) A garbage disposal.
(c) A television remote control.
(d) An automatic dishwasher.
7. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
(a) Hilly thinks Johnny cheated on her with Celia.
(b) Hilly thinks Celia has told lies about her around town.
(c) Hilly thinks Celia stole Minny with a promise of higher wages.
(d) Hilly thinks Celia trapped Johnny into marriage.
8. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Katherine Hepburn.
(c) Elizabeth Taylor.
(d) Rita Hayworth.
9. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) A month.
10. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
(a) Call Celia Foote.
(b) Discuss her family business.
(c) Go to the Benefit.
(d) Print stories about Hilly Holbrook.
11. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) Stride Toward Freedom.
(b) The Biography of Washington Carver.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
12. What reason does Stuart give Skeeter in chapter 28 for not working on the oil rigs any longer?
(a) He dislikes the work.
(b) He does not have the body strength anymore.
(c) He is too important to his company to get that dirty.
(d) He would have to leave her.
13. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
(a) For Two-Slice Hilly.
(b) For the spoiled housewives of Jackson.
(c) For starving children in Africa.
(d) For the torn dress.
14. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
(a) Her own brother and a friend.
(b) Aibileen's cousin and nephew.
(c) Pascagoula's brothers.
(d) Stuart and her brother.
15. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
(a) Her skirt.
(b) Her collar.
(c) Her cuff.
(d) Her hem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
2. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
3. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
4. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
5. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)