|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
(a) The book will never be published.
(b) All names and professions will not be changed.
(c) The book will never be sold in Jackson.
(d) All names and locations will be changed.
2. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A Confederate flag.
(b) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(c) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
(d) A Confederate pistol.
3. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(b) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(c) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(d) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
4. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Spilling flour on the floor.
(b) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(c) Breaking one of her toys.
(d) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
5. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(a) A new job.
6. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) Old clothes for charity.
(b) A collection of mismatched silver.
(c) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(d) A stack of old books.
7. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Holbrooks' maid.
(b) The Phelans' maid.
(c) The Leefolts' maid.
(d) The Footes' maid.
8. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
9. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
(b) William Holbrook's cousin.
(c) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(d) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
10. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her car keys.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her satchel.
11. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) The blacks would harm the whites.
(b) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(c) They are too different.
(d) The risk of the transmission of disease.
12. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Skeeter and her family.
(b) Celia Foote.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
13. How old was Treelore when he died?
14. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
15. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(b) She is too odd.
(c) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
(d) She does not offer to pay enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
2. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
3. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
4. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
5. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)