|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) She does not offer to pay enough.
(b) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(c) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
(d) She is too odd.
2. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her car keys.
(b) Her satchel.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her coat.
3. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
(a) All names and locations will be changed.
(b) All names and professions will not be changed.
(c) The book will never be sold in Jackson.
(d) The book will never be published.
4. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is dirty.
(c) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(d) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
5. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) Stuart Farnsworth.
(c) William Holbrook.
(d) Johnny Foote.
6. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Seventeen years.
7. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) The name of a weekly love advice column.
(b) Skeeter's new boss.
(c) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
(d) A maid in Jackson.
8. What is Skeeter's christian name?
9. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Twelve or more.
(b) Twenty or more.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Thirty or less.
10. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(b) Chicken pox.
11. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
12. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(c) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(d) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
13. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Junior League newsletter.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) The Jackson Journal.
(d) The Jackson Daily News.
14. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too skinny.
(b) She's too inexperienced.
(c) She's too busy.
(d) She's too skittish.
15. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Skeeter and her family.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt.
(d) Celia Foote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
2. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
3. What is the Shinalator?
4. Who is Mrs. Stein?
5. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)