|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(a) Playing golf.
(c) Playing tennis.
2. How old was Treelore when he died?
3. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(b) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(c) She told him it would stunt his growth.
(d) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
4. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
(a) William Holbrook.
(b) Stuart Farnsworth.
(c) Stuart Whitworth.
(d) Johnny Foote.
5. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(b) Lou Anne Templeton.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
6. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will fall into the comode.
(b) She will get some terrible disease.
(c) She will get injured walking to the carport.
(d) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
7. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
8. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(b) Breaking one of her toys.
(c) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(d) Spilling flour on the floor.
9. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
(a) Broadmoore pool.
(b) Robert E. Lee hotel.
(c) Jackson Country Club.
(d) Blackshire Club.
10. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
(a) A black attache case with a broken latch.
(b) A large canvas backpack.
(c) A green army knapsack.
(d) A red satchel that her grandmother once used for her gardening tools.
11. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is firing Aibileen.
(d) She is divorcing Raleigh.
12. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since infancy.
(b) Since elementary school.
(c) Since college.
(d) Since high school.
13. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
14. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A maid working in Jackson.
(b) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(c) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(d) An editor for Harper & Row.
15. What is Hotstack?
(a) A new magazine in Mississippi.
(b) A store in Jackson.
(c) A type of dish in Mississippi.
(d) A black community near Longleaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
2. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
3. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
4. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
5. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)