|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(b) Spilling flour on the floor.
(c) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(d) Breaking one of her toys.
2. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her car keys.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her satchel.
(d) Her coat.
3. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since high school.
(b) Since college.
(c) Since infancy.
(d) Since elementary school.
4. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) Potty training time.
(b) The beginning of preschool.
(c) She just began to talk.
(d) She just began to walk.
5. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(b) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(c) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
(d) She told him it would stunt his growth.
6. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
(c) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
7. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(b) Celia Foote.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Lou Anne Templeton.
8. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a maid.
(b) She was a house slave.
(c) She was a wet nurse.
(d) She was a teacher.
9. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(a) Playing tennis.
(d) Playing golf.
10. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(c) Lou Anne Templeton.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
11. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
(b) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
(c) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
(d) She would tap herself on the chest.
12. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person.
13. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is firing Aibileen.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(d) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
14. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(c) Polishing silver.
15. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
(a) A large canvas backpack.
(b) A green army knapsack.
(c) A red satchel that her grandmother once used for her gardening tools.
(d) A black attache case with a broken latch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
2. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
3. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
4. Who is Patricia van Devender?
5. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)