|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(b) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(c) She told him it would stunt his growth.
(d) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
2. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her car keys.
(b) Her satchel.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her purse.
3. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
(a) The Biography of Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(c) Frederick Douglass, an American Slave.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
4. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) Robert E. Lee.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Stonewall Jackson.
(d) George Patton.
5. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(b) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(c) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(d) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
6. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Fifteen years.
7. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
(b) A Confederate flag.
(c) A Confederate pistol.
(d) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
8. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) The name of a weekly love advice column.
(b) Skeeter's new boss.
(c) A maid in Jackson.
(d) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
9. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(c) Polishing silver.
10. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
(a) Carlton, her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) An editor at Harper's Bizarre.
(d) Mrs. Stein.
11. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
(a) A red satchel that her grandmother once used for her gardening tools.
(b) A large canvas backpack.
(c) A black attache case with a broken latch.
(d) A green army knapsack.
12. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(d) State senate.
13. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with southern women about their families.
(b) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
(c) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
(d) Interviews with black maids about their families.
14. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Celia Foote.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Skeeter and her family.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
15. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
(a) She is afraid he will not like having a black maid in the house.
(b) She is afriad he will not like the money she is spending on the maid.
(c) She does not want him to know she is afraid to be alone.
(d) She wants him to think she can care for him and the house herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
2. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
3. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
4. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
5. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)