|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) Johnny Foote.
(c) Stuart Townsend.
(d) William Holbrook.
2. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(a) University of Texas at Austin.
(b) Ole Miss.
3. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting a job.
(b) Getting a home of her own.
(c) Getting a haircut.
(d) Getting married.
4. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Leefolts' maid.
(b) The Footes' maid.
(c) The Holbrooks' maid.
(d) The Phelans' maid.
5. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt's mother.
(c) Mrs. Walters.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
6. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(b) Polishing silver.
7. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(b) A new job.
8. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(b) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
(c) Editor for a New York magazine.
(d) Editor for Harper & Row.
9. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Second person.
10. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
(b) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
(c) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(d) William Holbrook's cousin.
11. How old was Treelore when he died?
12. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too skinny.
(b) She's too inexperienced.
(c) She's too skittish.
(d) She's too busy.
13. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(b) An editor for Harper & Row.
(c) A maid working in Jackson.
(d) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
14. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
(a) Celia Foote.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Lou Anne Templeton.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
15. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(d) State senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
2. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
3. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
4. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
5. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)