|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would tap herself on the chest.
(b) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
(c) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
(d) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
2. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) The beginning of preschool.
(b) She just began to walk.
(c) She just began to talk.
(d) Potty training time.
3. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Birthday party.
(b) Cocktail party.
(c) Tupperware party.
(d) Bridge party.
4. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Holbrooks' maid.
(b) The Footes' maid.
(c) The Leefolts' maid.
(d) The Phelans' maid.
5. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a house slave.
(b) She was a maid.
(c) She was a wet nurse.
(d) She was a teacher.
6. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
(a) The book will never be sold in Jackson.
(b) All names and professions will not be changed.
(c) The book will never be published.
(d) All names and locations will be changed.
7. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(d) Valentine's Day.
8. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(a) Yule May.
9. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting a home of her own.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Getting a haircut.
10. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
11. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(c) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
(d) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
12. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(c) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(d) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
13. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her car keys.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her satchel.
14. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(b) Chicken pox.
15. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt is spending unnecessary money building a bathroom for Aibileen.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt overspent on a shopping trip.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt hired a maid they cannot afford.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt donated too much to a Junior League charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
2. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
3. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
4. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
5. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)