|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a wet nurse.
(b) She was a teacher.
(c) She was a maid.
(d) She was a house slave.
2. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(b) University of Texas at Austin.
(d) Ole Miss.
3. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
4. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
(a) A large canvas backpack.
(b) A red satchel that her grandmother once used for her gardening tools.
(c) A green army knapsack.
(d) A black attache case with a broken latch.
5. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her satchel.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her car keys.
6. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(d) Chicken pox.
7. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(c) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
8. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too busy.
(b) She's too inexperienced.
(c) She's too skittish.
(d) She's too skinny.
9. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Stealing silver.
(b) Not cleaning properly.
(c) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
(d) Stealing jewelry.
10. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
(b) Skeeter's new boss.
(c) The name of a weekly love advice column.
(d) A maid in Jackson.
11. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
(a) William Holbrook.
(b) Stuart Whitworth.
(c) Stuart Farnsworth.
(d) Johnny Foote.
12. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Thirty or less.
(b) Twenty or more.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Twelve or more.
13. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
(b) Her brother, Carlton.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
14. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(b) Yule May.
15. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
2. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
3. How old was Treelore when he died?
4. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
5. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)