|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(b) A maid working in Jackson.
(c) An editor for Harper & Row.
(d) A neighbor to Longleaf.
2. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Getting a home of her own.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Getting a haircut.
3. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
4. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will fall into the comode.
(b) She will get some terrible disease.
(c) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
(d) She will get injured walking to the carport.
5. How old was Treelore when he died?
6. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Constantine, their former maid.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
7. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) She does not offer to pay enough.
(b) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(c) She is too odd.
(d) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
8. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
9. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(d) Yule May.
10. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(a) A new job.
11. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) Playing golf.
12. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
(a) She is afraid he will not like having a black maid in the house.
(b) She wants him to think she can care for him and the house herself.
(c) She does not want him to know she is afraid to be alone.
(d) She is afriad he will not like the money she is spending on the maid.
13. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(d) State senate.
14. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Lou Anne Templeton.
(c) Celia Foote.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
15. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
2. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
3. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
4. What point of view is used in this novel?
5. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)