|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Treelore when he died?
2. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(b) Spilling flour on the floor.
(c) Breaking one of her toys.
(d) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
3. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Lou Anne Templeton.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
4. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) William Holbrook.
(c) Stuart Farnsworth.
(d) Johnny Foote.
5. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(d) Chicken pox.
6. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
(a) Her love for her husband.
(b) Her love for her children.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her clothing.
7. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) Stonewall Jackson.
(b) Robert E. Lee.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) George Patton.
8. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(b) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(c) They are too different.
(d) The blacks would harm the whites.
9. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(b) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(c) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(d) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
10. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(b) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(c) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(d) Constantine, her family's former maid.
11. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
12. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(c) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(d) It is dirty.
13. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(b) A maid working in Jackson.
(c) An editor for Harper & Row.
(d) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
14. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) The Jackson Daily News.
(c) The Junior League newsletter.
(d) The Jackson Journal.
15. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Twelve or more.
(b) Thirty or less.
(c) Twenty or more.
(d) Five or six.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
2. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
3. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
4. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
5. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)