|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
(b) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
(c) She would tap herself on the chest.
(d) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
2. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her love for her children.
(c) Her love for her husband.
(d) Her jewelry.
3. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(b) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(c) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(d) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
4. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(b) A maid working in Jackson.
(c) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(d) An editor for Harper & Row.
5. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Five or six.
(b) Twelve or more.
(c) Twenty or more.
(d) Thirty or less.
6. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Stealing jewelry.
(b) Stealing silver.
(c) Not cleaning properly.
(d) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
7. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) She just began to talk.
(b) Potty training time.
(c) The beginning of preschool.
(d) She just began to walk.
8. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
(d) She is firing Aibileen.
9. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her coat.
(b) Her car keys.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her satchel.
10. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(b) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is too small.
11. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
(b) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
(c) Interviews with southern women about their families.
(d) Interviews with black maids about their families.
12. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(b) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(c) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(d) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
13. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
14. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(b) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(c) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(d) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
15. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
(b) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(c) She told him it would stunt his growth.
(d) She told him it would make him turn colored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
2. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
3. Who is Patricia van Devender?
4. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
5. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)