|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
(a) Frederick Douglass, an American Slave.
(b) The Biography of Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
2. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
3. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Holbrooks' maid.
(b) The Phelans' maid.
(c) The Footes' maid.
(d) The Leefolts' maid.
4. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
5. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Bridge party.
(b) Birthday party.
(c) Tupperware party.
(d) Cocktail party.
6. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Skeeter and her family.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt.
(d) Celia Foote.
7. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt is spending unnecessary money building a bathroom for Aibileen.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt donated too much to a Junior League charity.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt hired a maid they cannot afford.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt overspent on a shopping trip.
8. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(a) A new job.
9. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(c) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(d) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
10. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
(a) The book will never be sold in Jackson.
(b) All names and professions will not be changed.
(c) All names and locations will be changed.
(d) The book will never be published.
11. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
(a) She does not want him to know she is afraid to be alone.
(b) She is afraid he will not like having a black maid in the house.
(c) She is afriad he will not like the money she is spending on the maid.
(d) She wants him to think she can care for him and the house herself.
12. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(b) Polishing silver.
13. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(b) University of Texas at Austin.
(d) Ole Miss.
14. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will get some terrible disease.
(b) She will fall into the comode.
(c) She will get injured walking to the carport.
(d) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
15. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
2. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
3. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
4. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
5. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)