|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Skeeter and her family.
(d) Celia Foote.
2. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
3. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(b) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(c) Spilling flour on the floor.
(d) Breaking one of her toys.
4. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Junior League newsletter.
(b) The Jackson Journal.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Jackson Daily News.
5. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Seventeen years.
6. How old was Treelore when he died?
7. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(d) State senate.
8. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
9. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) The blacks would harm the whites.
(b) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(c) They are too different.
(d) The risk of the transmission of disease.
10. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A maid working in Jackson.
(b) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(c) An editor for Harper & Row.
(d) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
11. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is firing Aibileen.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(d) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
12. What is the Shinalator?
(a) A silver polishing machine.
(b) A floor polishing machine.
(c) A hair conditioner.
(d) A hair dryer.
13. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
(a) Johnny Foote.
(b) William Holbrook.
(c) Stuart Farnsworth.
(d) Stuart Whitworth.
14. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would tap herself on the chest.
(b) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
(c) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
(d) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
15. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(b) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(c) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(d) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
2. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
3. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
4. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
5. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)