|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(b) Playing golf.
(d) Playing tennis.
2. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Stomach ulcers.
(c) Cystic fibrosis.
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
3. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will get injured walking to the carport.
(b) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
(c) She will get some terrible disease.
(d) She will fall into the comode.
4. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Phelans' maid.
(b) The Leefolts' maid.
(c) The Holbrooks' maid.
(d) The Footes' maid.
5. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Constantine, their former maid.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
6. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(a) Yule May.
7. What is Skeeter's christian name?
8. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
(a) Blackshire Club.
(b) Jackson Country Club.
(c) Robert E. Lee hotel.
(d) Broadmoore pool.
9. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
(a) All names and locations will be changed.
(b) The book will never be sold in Jackson.
(c) The book will never be published.
(d) All names and professions will not be changed.
10. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(b) An editor for Harper & Row.
(c) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(d) A maid working in Jackson.
11. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
(b) She is firing Aibileen.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is divorcing Raleigh.
12. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
(b) Stealing silver.
(c) Not cleaning properly.
(d) Stealing jewelry.
13. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(b) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(c) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(d) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
14. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(b) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
(c) She told him it would stunt his growth.
(d) She told him it would give him ulcers.
15. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(c) State senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
2. What is Hotstack?
3. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
4. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
5. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)