|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(b) Yule May.
2. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) A down payment on a new house.
(b) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
(c) A down payment on a new car.
(d) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
3. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(a) Chicken pox.
4. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Frederick Douglass, an American Slave.
(d) The Biography of Martin Luther King Jr.
5. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Stonewall Jackson.
(c) George Patton.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
6. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(b) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(c) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(d) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
7. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(b) University of Texas at Austin.
(c) Ole Miss.
8. What is Hotstack?
(a) A black community near Longleaf.
(b) A type of dish in Mississippi.
(c) A new magazine in Mississippi.
(d) A store in Jackson.
9. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(b) Medgar Evers' murder.
(c) The March on Washington.
(d) Skeeter Phelan's book.
10. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
(a) Her love for her children.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her love for her husband.
11. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(d) Constantine, their former maid.
12. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Spilling flour on the floor.
(b) Breaking one of her toys.
(c) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(d) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
13. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
(a) Made repairs around the house.
(b) Did some grocery shopping for her.
(c) Cleaned out Treelore's apartment.
(d) Mowed her yard free of charge.
14. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
15. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
(b) She will fall into the comode.
(c) She will get injured walking to the carport.
(d) She will get some terrible disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pascagoula?
2. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
3. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
4. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
5. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)