Short Answer Questions
1. What point of view is used in this novel?
2. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
3. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
4. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
5. How old was Treelore when he died?
6. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
7. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
This section contains 5,451 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)