|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(c) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(d) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
2. What reason does Stuart give Skeeter in chapter 28 for not working on the oil rigs any longer?
(a) He would have to leave her.
(b) He does not have the body strength anymore.
(c) He is too important to his company to get that dirty.
(d) He dislikes the work.
3. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
(b) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(c) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(d) Celia is angry with her again.
4. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
(a) It was a typo.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) It was a joke.
(d) It was someone else.
5. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) A refrigertor.
(b) A dish washer.
(c) A clothes washer.
(d) Air conditioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
2. Why does Aibileen obsessively check Mrs. Leefolt's progress in reading the book written by Skeeter and Aibileen?
3. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
4. What has inspired Skeeter's new fashion sense?
5. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)