|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
(a) Johnny Foote found her in the house and fired her.
(b) Celia told her she was fired.
(c) Hilly Holbrook told Celia the truth about Minny and Celia fired her.
(d) Celia's mother-in-law fired her.
2. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
(a) Out of respect for the family of Medgar Evers.
(b) Out of a lack of facilities.
(c) Out of a lack of money.
(d) Out of respect for the death of President Kennedy.
3. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) She has decided to seek alternative treatments.
(b) She has decided not to let Skeeter marry Stuart.
(c) She has decided to commit suicide.
(d) She has decided not to die.
4. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
(a) Hilly has decided to disban the Jackson League.
(b) Hilly will take over as editor of the newsletter.
(c) Hilly has thrown Skeeter out of the League.
(d) Hilly has voted to end the newsletter.
5. Where does Skeeter tell the reader writers are supposed to live?
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
2. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
3. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
4. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
5. What does Aibileen's church give her to celebrate the publication of the book?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)