|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
(a) A list of skills every new mother should know.
(b) A what not to say in public list.
(c) A what not to wear list.
(d) A list of things every new bride should know.
2. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) The name of a weekly love advice column.
(b) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
(c) A maid in Jackson.
(d) Skeeter's new boss.
3. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
(a) Just Aibileen.
(b) Aibileen and Minny.
(c) All the maids who helped write the book.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does Aibileen's church give her to celebrate the publication of the book?
(a) A book signed by everyone in the church.
(b) A new Bible.
(c) A painted portrait.
(d) A plaque with her name on it.
5. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
(a) Her grocery lists.
(b) Her thoughts and emotions.
(c) Her fictional stories.
(d) Her prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
2. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
3. How much time does Mrs. Stein cut off of Skeeter's deadline for completing her book in chapter 26?
4. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
5. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)