|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
(a) The pecan tree.
(b) The peach tree.
(c) The magnolia tree.
(d) The mimosa tree.
2. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
3. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
(a) Celia told her she was fired.
(b) Johnny Foote found her in the house and fired her.
(c) Hilly Holbrook told Celia the truth about Minny and Celia fired her.
(d) Celia's mother-in-law fired her.
4. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting a home of her own.
(b) Getting a haircut.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Getting a job.
5. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
(a) The Robert E. Lee Hotel.
(b) The Governor's Mansion.
(c) Hilly Holbrook's house.
(d) The Jackson Country Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
2. Why does Minny say that Celia Foote will more than likely never read their book?
3. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
4. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
5. Why does Aibileen obsessively check Mrs. Leefolt's progress in reading the book written by Skeeter and Aibileen?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)