|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
(c) Severe allergies.
2. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a teacher.
(b) She was a wet nurse.
(c) She was a house slave.
(d) She was a maid.
3. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
(a) A catching tonic.
(b) A vitamin tonic.
(c) A celery tonic.
(d) Hair tonic.
4. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
(a) All the maids who helped write the book.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Aibileen and Minny.
(d) Just Aibileen.
5. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Third person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
2. Why do Minny and Aibileen insist Skeeter take the job in New York City?
3. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
4. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
5. Why has Mrs. Leefolt borrowed a silver service from Hilly Holbrook in chapter 34?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)