|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skeeter think her life would be like if she had not written the book?
(a) A loveless marriage and huge brood of children.
(b) Endless criticism from her mother.
(c) Endless social engagements and marriage to Stuart.
(d) A lifelong friendship with Hilly and Lou Anne.
2. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(b) Constantine, their former maid.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
3. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(b) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(c) Celia is angry with her again.
(d) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
4. How old was Treelore when he died?
5. What job has Skeeter arranged for Aibileen to take at ten dollars a week?
(a) Writing articles for a New York magazine.
(b) Working in her father's cotton fields.
(c) The Miss Myrna column.
(d) Cleaning her family's windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
2. What is Skeeter's biggest fear in light of the publication of her book?
3. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
4. What detail appears in Skeeter's book that she is afraid will identify her as Sarah Ross?
5. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)