|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aibileen obsessively check Mrs. Leefolt's progress in reading the book written by Skeeter and Aibileen?
(a) To see if she has finished.
(b) To see if she is making notes in the margins.
(c) To see if she has read the chapter based on Aibileen's stories.
(d) To see if she has reached Minny's chapter yet.
2. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her satchel.
(d) Her car keys.
3. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
(a) She hopes Hilly will someday forgive her.
(b) It is her civic duty.
(c) Elizabeth is still her friend.
(d) She is editor of the newsletter.
4. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
(c) Dr. Neal.
5. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
(a) Constantine was hiding her from her biological father.
(b) She was ill and Constantine no longer wanted her.
(c) Constantine was single and could not care for her.
(d) Her skin was too white for her to go unnoticed in the south.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
2. What is the point of Skeeter's book?
3. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
4. What does Skeeter think her life would be like if she had not written the book?
5. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)