|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
(a) Constantine was hiding her from her biological father.
(b) Her skin was too white for her to go unnoticed in the south.
(c) She was ill and Constantine no longer wanted her.
(d) Constantine was single and could not care for her.
2. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(b) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(c) Celia is angry with her again.
(d) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
3. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(c) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
(d) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
4. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Holbrooks' maid.
(b) The Leefolts' maid.
(c) The Phelans' maid.
(d) The Footes' maid.
5. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
(b) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
(c) Her treatment of Skeeter.
(d) Her treatment of Constantine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
2. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
3. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
4. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
5. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)