|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What detail appears in Skeeter's book that she is afraid will identify her as Sarah Ross?
(a) A rusty piece of silver in Mrs. Leefolt's collection.
(b) A broken vase at the Leefolt home.
(c) An L shaped crack on Mrs. Leefolt's table.
(d) A coffee stain on Mrs. Leefolt's counter.
2. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) Stonewall Jackson.
(b) George Patton.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
3. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(b) Constantine, their former maid.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
4. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) She has decided to seek alternative treatments.
(b) She has decided to commit suicide.
(c) She has decided not to let Skeeter marry Stuart.
(d) She has decided not to die.
5. Who comes into the drug store with Lou Anne in chapter 33?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Skeeter's biggest fear in light of the publication of her book?
2. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
3. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
4. What has inspired Skeeter's new fashion sense?
5. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)