|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) The name of a weekly love advice column.
(b) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
(c) Skeeter's new boss.
(d) A maid in Jackson.
2. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
(b) The truth of why Constantine left.
(c) A confession by Yule May.
(d) A resume.
3. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a wet nurse.
(b) She was a maid.
(c) She was a teacher.
(d) She was a house slave.
4. Why does Mr. Leefolt instruct his wife to have his daughter's preschool teacher changed?
(a) Mae Mobley claims the teacher allowed another student to hit her.
(b) Mae Mobley claims her teacher does not teach her anything.
(c) Mae Mobley tells him her teacher hit her.
(d) Mae Mobley tells him her teacher taught her about sit ins and bus boycotts.
5. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aibileen threaten to do if Hilly Holbrook has her put in jail for theft in chapter 34?
2. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
3. Why does Stuart take back the marriage proposal he makes to Skeeter in chapter 28?
4. Who is Pascagoula?
5. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)