|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
(a) Skeeter is drunk.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He wants to keep Skeeter to himself.
(d) Skeeter's skirt is too short.
2. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
(c) Mrs. Walters.
(d) Lou Anne.
3. What does Aibileen's church give her to celebrate the publication of the book?
(a) A new Bible.
(b) A painted portrait.
(c) A book signed by everyone in the church.
(d) A plaque with her name on it.
4. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
(a) Frederick Douglass, an American Slave.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(d) The Biography of Martin Luther King Jr.
5. Who does Skeeter feel understands the point of her book more than she ever did?
(b) Lou Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
2. What is the best part of having written the book in Skeeter's mind?
3. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
4. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
5. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)