|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
(a) Johnny Foote.
(b) William Holbrook.
(c) Stuart Farnsworth.
(d) Stuart Whitworth.
2. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
(b) Severe allergies.
3. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
(a) The War Between the States.
(b) Mississippi State.
(c) His parents.
(d) His dead grandfather.
4. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Sarah Ross.
(b) Margret Green.
(c) Rebecca Jones.
(d) Abilene Johnson.
5. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with black maids about their families.
(b) Interviews with southern women about their families.
(c) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
(d) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
2. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
3. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
4. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
5. What habit has baby Ross developed that makes changing diapers a treasure hunt?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)