|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her treatment of Skeeter.
(b) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
(c) Her treatment of Constantine.
(d) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
2. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
(a) Convection oven.
(c) Air conditioning.
3. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
4. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
(a) Aibileen and Minny.
(b) Just Aibileen.
(c) Her mother.
(d) All the maids who helped write the book.
5. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since elementary school.
(b) Since infancy.
(c) Since high school.
(d) Since college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
2. How many more copies does Skeeter tell Aibileen that Mrs. Stein has ordered for their book?
3. What point of view is used in this novel?
4. What were shock treatments used to treat in 1964?
5. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)