|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Skeeter mail the manuscript to Harper and Row?
(a) She does not.
(b) In January.
(c) Shortly before Christmas.
(d) Too late for the deadline.
2. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
(a) Air conditioning.
(b) Convection oven.
3. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Mr. Leefolt.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
4. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) A clothes washer.
(b) A dish washer.
(c) A refrigertor.
(d) Air conditioning.
5. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is firing Aibileen.
(d) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
2. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
3. Why does Aibileen obsessively check Mrs. Leefolt's progress in reading the book written by Skeeter and Aibileen?
4. What condition does Minny have that she hopes will keep Leroy from beating her anymore?
5. What is Skeeter's christian name?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)