|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother, Carlton.
2. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
(a) They know about her book.
(b) They think she is not good enough for Stuart.
(c) They dislike her clothing.
(d) They dislike her hair.
3. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(c) Yule May.
4. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Stealing silver.
(b) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
(c) Not cleaning properly.
(d) Stealing jewelry.
5. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) A clothes washer.
(b) A dish washer.
(c) A refrigertor.
(d) Air conditioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
2. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
3. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
4. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
5. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)