|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
(a) Air conditioning.
(d) Convection oven.
2. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Mrs. Stein.
(c) An editor at Harper's Bizarre.
(d) Carlton, her brother.
3. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(b) She is too odd.
(c) She does not offer to pay enough.
(d) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
4. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A Confederate pistol.
(b) A Confederate flag.
(c) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(d) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
5. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
(a) Her love for her children.
(b) Her love for her husband.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
2. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
3. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
4. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
5. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)