|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
(a) Her fictional stories.
(b) Her grocery lists.
(c) Her thoughts and emotions.
(d) Her prayers.
2. Who was Carl Roberts?
(a) A white activist in Mississippi.
(b) A young black man lynched from speaking out against the Mississippi governor.
(c) A black man jailed for a sit in at a lunch counter.
(d) A friend of Stuart Whitworth.
3. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Constantine, their former maid.
(c) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
4. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
(a) She tells Aibileen to take her home.
(b) She uses one.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
5. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
(a) She was ill and Constantine no longer wanted her.
(b) Constantine was single and could not care for her.
(c) Her skin was too white for her to go unnoticed in the south.
(d) Constantine was hiding her from her biological father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
2. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
3. What point of view is used in this novel?
4. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
5. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)