|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) Stuart Farnsworth.
(c) William Holbrook.
(d) Johnny Foote.
2. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her treatment of Skeeter.
(b) Her treatment of Constantine.
(c) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
(d) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
3. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Constantine, their former maid.
(d) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
4. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
(b) William Holbrook's cousin.
(c) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(d) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
5. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(b) A new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
2. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
3. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
4. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
5. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)