|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
(a) A television remote control.
(b) A garbage disposal.
(c) An automatic dishwasher.
(d) A self propelled vaccuum cleaner.
2. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
(a) She was ill and Constantine no longer wanted her.
(b) Constantine was single and could not care for her.
(c) Her skin was too white for her to go unnoticed in the south.
(d) Constantine was hiding her from her biological father.
3. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Move closer into Jackson.
(b) Ignore Hilly Holbrook's overtures of friendship.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Write a tell all book about Jackson housewives.
4. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) A clothes washer.
(b) A dish washer.
(c) A refrigertor.
(d) Air conditioning.
5. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A Confederate flag.
(b) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
(c) A Confederate pistol.
(d) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
2. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
3. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
4. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
5. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)