|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
(a) Constantine was single and could not care for her.
(b) Constantine was hiding her from her biological father.
(c) Her skin was too white for her to go unnoticed in the south.
(d) She was ill and Constantine no longer wanted her.
2. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
(b) The truth of why Constantine left.
(c) A confession by Yule May.
(d) A resume.
3. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
(a) Her love for her husband.
(b) Her love for her children.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her clothing.
4. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
(a) Boo Radley.
(c) Cathrine Linton.
(d) Holden Caulfield.
5. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
(a) Robert E. Lee hotel.
(b) Broadmoore pool.
(c) Blackshire Club.
(d) Jackson Country Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
2. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
3. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
4. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
5. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)