|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(b) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Constantine, their former maid.
2. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
(a) All the maids who helped write the book.
(b) Just Aibileen.
(c) Aibileen and Minny.
(d) Her mother.
3. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
(b) She has decided to move out of the area.
(c) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(d) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
4. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
5. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Ignore Hilly Holbrook's overtures of friendship.
(b) Move closer into Jackson.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Write a tell all book about Jackson housewives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
2. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
3. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
4. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
5. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)