|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) A clothes washer.
(b) A refrigertor.
(c) A dish washer.
(d) Air conditioning.
2. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Sixty five dollars.
(b) Eight hundred dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
3. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
(b) She will fall into the comode.
(c) She will get some terrible disease.
(d) She will get injured walking to the carport.
4. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
(a) For the torn dress.
(b) For the spoiled housewives of Jackson.
(c) For starving children in Africa.
(d) For Two-Slice Hilly.
5. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) A down payment on a new house.
(b) A down payment on a new car.
(c) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
(d) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
2. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
3. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
4. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
5. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)