|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a wet nurse.
(b) She was a house slave.
(c) She was a maid.
(d) She was a teacher.
2. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) The Junior League newsletter.
(c) The Jackson Daily News.
(d) The Jackson Journal.
3. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
(a) A few months.
4. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
5. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
(a) Southern Help.
(b) The Help.
(c) Colored Domestics and their Southern Families.
(d) Southern Domestics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
2. With whom does Skeeter plan to share the advance money and subsequent royalty payments with?
3. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
4. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
5. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)