|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
(b) Not common, but it was done.
(c) Very common.
(d) Everyone did it.
2. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her treatment of Constantine.
(b) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
(c) Her treatment of Skeeter.
(d) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
3. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(b) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Lou Anne Templeton.
4. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(c) State senate.
5. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) Whether they ever traveled together.
(b) What caused their break up.
(c) Whether they shared a bed.
(d) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
2. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
3. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
4. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
5. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)