|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
(b) A few months.
2. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
(b) Editor for Harper & Row.
(c) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(d) Editor for a New York magazine.
3. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
4. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(b) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(c) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
(d) Celia is angry with her again.
5. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) They are too different.
(b) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(c) The blacks would harm the whites.
(d) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
2. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
3. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
4. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
5. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)