|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
(a) Hilly thinks Celia trapped Johnny into marriage.
(b) Hilly thinks Celia stole Minny with a promise of higher wages.
(c) Hilly thinks Celia has told lies about her around town.
(d) Hilly thinks Johnny cheated on her with Celia.
2. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
3. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
(a) Her cuff.
(b) Her collar.
(c) Her skirt.
(d) Her hem.
4. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
(b) She will get some terrible disease.
(c) She will fall into the comode.
(d) She will get injured walking to the carport.
5. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(b) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(c) A maid working in Jackson.
(d) An editor for Harper & Row.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
2. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
3. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
4. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
5. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)