|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
2. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(b) It is dirty.
(c) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(d) It is too small.
3. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
(a) Her skirt.
(b) Her cuff.
(c) Her hem.
(d) Her collar.
4. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
(a) For starving children in Africa.
(b) For Two-Slice Hilly.
(c) For the torn dress.
(d) For the spoiled housewives of Jackson.
5. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) A down payment on a new car.
(b) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
(c) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
(d) A down payment on a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
2. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
3. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
4. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
5. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)