|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(c) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(d) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
2. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
(a) Her hem.
(b) Her cuff.
(c) Her collar.
(d) Her skirt.
3. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) Old clothes for charity.
(b) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(c) A stack of old books.
(d) A collection of mismatched silver.
4. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
(b) She is too odd.
(c) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(d) She does not offer to pay enough.
5. How much time does Mrs. Stein cut off of Skeeter's deadline for completing her book in chapter 26?
(a) Two months.
(b) A month.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
2. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
3. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
4. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
5. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)