|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
(a) Out of respect for the family of Medgar Evers.
(b) Out of a lack of facilities.
(c) Out of a lack of money.
(d) Out of respect for the death of President Kennedy.
2. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
(a) It has a separate eating area for the domestic help.
(b) It has a separate set of dishes for the black workers.
(c) It has a separate bathroom for the domestic help.
(d) It has a separate refrigerator for the black workers' food.
3. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her love for her children.
(d) Her love for her husband.
4. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) A collection of mismatched silver.
(b) A stack of old books.
(c) Old clothes for charity.
(d) Old clothes from her mother's house.
5. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
(a) Her thoughts and emotions.
(b) Her fictional stories.
(c) Her prayers.
(d) Her grocery lists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
2. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
3. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
4. How old was Treelore when he died?
5. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)