|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
(a) Johnny Foote found her in the house and fired her.
(b) Hilly Holbrook told Celia the truth about Minny and Celia fired her.
(c) Celia told her she was fired.
(d) Celia's mother-in-law fired her.
2. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
(c) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(d) She is firing Aibileen.
3. Why does Stuart take back the marriage proposal he makes to Skeeter in chapter 28?
(a) He has just learned her mother is dying.
(b) He claims he does not know her after she tells him about her book.
(c) Hilly tells him about Skeeter's possession of the Jim Crow laws.
(d) He has decided he does not like her sense of style.
4. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
5. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
(b) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(c) Editor for Harper & Row.
(d) Editor for a New York magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
2. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
3. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
4. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
5. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)