|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Skeeter mail the manuscript to Harper and Row?
(a) Shortly before Christmas.
(b) In January.
(c) Too late for the deadline.
(d) She does not.
2. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Five or six.
(b) Twelve or more.
(c) Thirty or less.
(d) Twenty or more.
3. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That Johnny knows about her.
(b) That she has five kids.
(c) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(d) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
4. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
(a) The peach tree.
(b) The magnolia tree.
(c) The pecan tree.
(d) The mimosa tree.
5. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(b) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(c) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(d) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
2. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
3. How long does Dr. Neal tell Skeeter in chapter 28 her mother has to live?
4. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
5. What is the Shinalator?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)