|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
(a) Her mother.
(b) An editor at Harper's Bizarre.
(c) Carlton, her brother.
(d) Mrs. Stein.
2. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
(a) Out of a lack of money.
(b) Out of respect for the family of Medgar Evers.
(c) Out of respect for the death of President Kennedy.
(d) Out of a lack of facilities.
3. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(b) A maid working in Jackson.
(c) An editor for Harper & Row.
(d) A neighbor to Longleaf.
4. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(c) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
5. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
(b) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(c) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
(d) William Holbrook's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
2. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
3. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
4. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
5. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)