|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That she has five kids.
(b) That Johnny knows about her.
(c) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
(d) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
2. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(b) Polishing silver.
3. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
(a) It has a separate eating area for the domestic help.
(b) It has a separate refrigerator for the black workers' food.
(c) It has a separate bathroom for the domestic help.
(d) It has a separate set of dishes for the black workers.
4. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
(a) He wants to keep Skeeter to himself.
(b) Skeeter's skirt is too short.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) Skeeter is drunk.
5. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
(a) She is hoping he will come back.
(b) She does not want to hear 'I told you so'.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She does not want to disappoint her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
2. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
3. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
4. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
5. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)