|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
(a) She told her.
(b) They played the game once when Minny first came to work for her.
(c) Mrs. Walters told her they used to play together.
(d) Minny told Johnny Foote she knew how.
2. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
(a) All the same size.
(b) More open minded.
(c) Color blind.
(d) Less prone to bad moods.
3. What reason does Stuart give Skeeter in chapter 28 for not working on the oil rigs any longer?
(a) He dislikes the work.
(b) He does not have the body strength anymore.
(c) He is too important to his company to get that dirty.
(d) He would have to leave her.
4. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since college.
(b) Since infancy.
(c) Since elementary school.
(d) Since high school.
5. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(d) It is dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
2. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
3. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
4. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
5. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)