|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
(a) The War Between the States.
(b) His dead grandfather.
(c) His parents.
(d) Mississippi State.
2. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) She does not offer to pay enough.
(b) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
(c) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(d) She is too odd.
3. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(c) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(d) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
4. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
(d) Yule May.
5. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(b) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(c) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(d) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
2. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
3. What famous literary character does Skeeter compare herself to in chapter 27?
4. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
5. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)