|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
(a) Broadmoore pool.
(b) Robert E. Lee hotel.
(c) Blackshire Club.
(d) Jackson Country Club.
2. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) A maid in Jackson.
(b) Skeeter's new boss.
(c) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
(d) The name of a weekly love advice column.
3. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would stunt his growth.
(b) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(c) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(d) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
4. Who was Carl Roberts?
(a) A young black man lynched from speaking out against the Mississippi governor.
(b) A black man jailed for a sit in at a lunch counter.
(c) A friend of Stuart Whitworth.
(d) A white activist in Mississippi.
5. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(c) Yule May.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
2. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
3. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
4. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
5. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)