|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) George Patton.
(c) Stonewall Jackson.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
2. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A maid working in Jackson.
(b) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(c) An editor for Harper & Row.
(d) A neighbor to Longleaf.
3. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(b) Breaking one of her toys.
(c) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(d) Spilling flour on the floor.
4. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since college.
(b) Since high school.
(c) Since elementary school.
(d) Since infancy.
5. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(b) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(c) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(d) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
2. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
3. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
4. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
5. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)