|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(b) Mr. Leefolt.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
2. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(b) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(c) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(d) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
3. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(b) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
(c) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
(d) She has decided to move out of the area.
4. How much time has passed between chapter 28 and chapter 29?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
5. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Seventeen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
2. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
3. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
4. Why does Stuart take back the marriage proposal he makes to Skeeter in chapter 28?
5. Who was Carl Roberts?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)