|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
(a) The peach tree.
(b) The magnolia tree.
(c) The pecan tree.
(d) The mimosa tree.
2. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) William Holbrook's cousin.
(b) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(c) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
(d) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
3. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(d) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
4. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(b) Cystic fibrosis.
(c) Stomach ulcers.
5. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is hoping he will come back.
(c) She does not want to disappoint her.
(d) She does not want to hear 'I told you so'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Phelan tell the Whitworths Skeeter has been writing about in chapter 20?
2. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
3. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
4. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
5. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)