|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(b) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(c) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(d) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
2. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is firing Aibileen.
(b) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
3. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting a home of her own.
(b) Getting a haircut.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Getting married.
4. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
(a) She told her.
(b) Mrs. Walters told her they used to play together.
(c) Minny told Johnny Foote she knew how.
(d) They played the game once when Minny first came to work for her.
5. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(b) A new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
2. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
3. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
4. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
5. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)