|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
(a) An antique sword.
(b) A broom handle.
(c) A fireplace poker.
(d) A hunting knife.
2. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
(a) Her brother, Carlton.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
3. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(b) Old clothes for charity.
(c) A stack of old books.
(d) A collection of mismatched silver.
4. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
(a) Celia told her she was fired.
(b) Celia's mother-in-law fired her.
(c) Johnny Foote found her in the house and fired her.
(d) Hilly Holbrook told Celia the truth about Minny and Celia fired her.
5. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
2. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
3. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
4. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
5. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)