|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) She just began to walk.
(b) Potty training time.
(c) She just began to talk.
(d) The beginning of preschool.
2. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Margret Green.
(b) Abilene Johnson.
(c) Rebecca Jones.
(d) Sarah Ross.
3. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Jackson Journal.
(b) The Junior League newsletter.
(c) The Jackson Daily News.
(d) Reader's Digest.
4. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
(b) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(c) A Confederate pistol.
(d) A Confederate flag.
5. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) Old clothes for charity.
(b) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(c) A stack of old books.
(d) A collection of mismatched silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
2. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
3. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
4. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
5. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)