|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Phelan tell the Whitworths Skeeter has been writing about in chapter 20?
(a) Black maids working in white households in the south.
(b) Housekeeping hints.
(d) The civil rights movement.
2. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(b) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(c) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(d) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
3. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) The Biography of Washington Carver.
(d) Stride Toward Freedom.
4. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too skinny.
(b) She's too busy.
(c) She's too inexperienced.
(d) She's too skittish.
5. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
(b) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
(c) A down payment on a new car.
(d) A down payment on a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Carl Roberts?
2. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
3. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
4. Who is Patricia van Devender?
5. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)