|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
(a) The house.
(b) Hilly's house.
(c) The Cadillac.
(d) The local department store.
2. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting a job.
(b) Getting a haircut.
(c) Getting a home of her own.
(d) Getting married.
3. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her car keys.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her satchel.
(d) Her coat.
4. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(b) They are too different.
(c) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(d) The blacks would harm the whites.
5. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
(b) Her treatment of Constantine.
(c) Her treatment of Skeeter.
(d) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
2. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
3. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
4. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
5. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)