|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
2. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) Air conditioning.
(b) A clothes washer.
(c) A dish washer.
(d) A refrigertor.
3. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That Johnny knows about her.
(b) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(c) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
(d) That she has five kids.
4. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
(a) It has a separate refrigerator for the black workers' food.
(b) It has a separate eating area for the domestic help.
(c) It has a separate set of dishes for the black workers.
(d) It has a separate bathroom for the domestic help.
5. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
(b) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(c) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
(d) She has decided to move out of the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
2. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
3. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
4. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
5. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)