|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
(a) His parents.
(b) The War Between the States.
(c) His dead grandfather.
(d) Mississippi State.
2. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Skeeter and her family.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt.
(d) Celia Foote.
3. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
(a) It was someone else.
(b) It was a typo.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) It was a joke.
4. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That Johnny knows about her.
(b) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(c) That she has five kids.
(d) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
5. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) The beginning of preschool.
(b) She just began to talk.
(c) Potty training time.
(d) She just began to walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
2. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
3. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
4. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
5. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)