|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(b) Medgar Evers' murder.
(c) The March on Washington.
(d) Skeeter Phelan's book.
2. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
(a) War on drugs.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War II.
3. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Carlton, her brother.
(c) Mrs. Stein.
(d) An editor at Harper's Bizarre.
4. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Editor for a New York magazine.
(b) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
(c) Editor for Harper & Row.
(d) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
5. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Lou Anne Templeton.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
2. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
3. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
4. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
5. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)