|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
(a) A broom handle.
(b) An antique sword.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A fireplace poker.
2. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Lou Anne Templeton.
(c) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
3. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) A maid in Jackson.
(b) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
(c) Skeeter's new boss.
(d) The name of a weekly love advice column.
4. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Stealing silver.
(b) Stealing jewelry.
(c) Not cleaning properly.
(d) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
5. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(b) The March on Washington.
(c) Medgar Evers' murder.
(d) Skeeter Phelan's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
2. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
3. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
4. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
5. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)