|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Mrs. Walters.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
2. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
(a) The book will never be published.
(b) All names and professions will not be changed.
(c) The book will never be sold in Jackson.
(d) All names and locations will be changed.
3. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) Stonewall Jackson.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) George Patton.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
4. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too skinny.
(b) She's too busy.
(c) She's too inexperienced.
(d) She's too skittish.
5. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(b) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(c) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(d) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
2. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
3. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
4. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
5. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)