|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
(a) It has a separate set of dishes for the black workers.
(b) It has a separate refrigerator for the black workers' food.
(c) It has a separate bathroom for the domestic help.
(d) It has a separate eating area for the domestic help.
2. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her satchel.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her car keys.
3. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
(b) She is too odd.
(c) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(d) She does not offer to pay enough.
4. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
(a) Mrs. Stein.
(b) Her mother.
(c) An editor at Harper's Bizarre.
(d) Carlton, her brother.
5. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
2. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
3. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
4. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
5. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)