|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
2. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since infancy.
(b) Since college.
(c) Since high school.
(d) Since elementary school.
3. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(b) Yule May.
4. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
(a) All the same size.
(b) Less prone to bad moods.
(c) More open minded.
(d) Color blind.
5. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(b) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(c) The blacks would harm the whites.
(d) They are too different.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
2. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
3. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
4. What is the Shinalator?
5. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)