|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) They are too different.
(b) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(c) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(d) The blacks would harm the whites.
2. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
(a) Made repairs around the house.
(b) Cleaned out Treelore's apartment.
(c) Mowed her yard free of charge.
(d) Did some grocery shopping for her.
3. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) Old clothes for charity.
(b) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(c) A stack of old books.
(d) A collection of mismatched silver.
4. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(b) Celia is angry with her again.
(c) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(d) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
5. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
(a) Yule May.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
2. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
3. Who is Pascagoula?
4. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
5. What is Skeeter's christian name?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)