|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skeeter's christian name?
2. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(c) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(d) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
3. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(c) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
4. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(c) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(d) It is dirty.
5. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a teacher.
(b) She was a wet nurse.
(c) She was a maid.
(d) She was a house slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
2. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
3. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
4. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
5. What point of view is used in this novel?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)