|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
2. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) The Biography of Washington Carver.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Stride Toward Freedom.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
3. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
(c) Convection oven.
(d) Air conditioning.
4. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
5. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Phelans' maid.
(b) The Footes' maid.
(c) The Leefolts' maid.
(d) The Holbrooks' maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
2. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
3. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
4. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
5. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)