|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) They are too different.
(b) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(c) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(d) The blacks would harm the whites.
2. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is firing Aibileen.
(b) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is divorcing Raleigh.
3. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(d) A new job.
4. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(c) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
5. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Cystic fibrosis.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
2. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
3. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
4. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
5. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)