|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(b) Rebecca Whitworth.
(c) Skeeter Phelan.
(d) Eugenia Phelan.
2. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
3. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
(a) Celia's mother-in-law fired her.
(b) Johnny Foote found her in the house and fired her.
(c) Hilly Holbrook told Celia the truth about Minny and Celia fired her.
(d) Celia told her she was fired.
4. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(b) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(c) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(d) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
5. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) A stack of old books.
(b) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(c) Old clothes for charity.
(d) A collection of mismatched silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
2. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
3. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
4. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
5. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)