|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt is spending unnecessary money building a bathroom for Aibileen.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt donated too much to a Junior League charity.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt hired a maid they cannot afford.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt overspent on a shopping trip.
2. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Lou Anne Templeton.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
3. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(c) Skeeter Phelan.
(d) Mrs. Walters.
4. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with black maids about their families.
(b) Interviews with southern women about their families.
(c) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
(d) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
5. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Mr. Leefolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
2. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
3. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
4. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
5. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)