|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
(a) Go to the Benefit.
(b) Discuss her family business.
(c) Call Celia Foote.
(d) Print stories about Hilly Holbrook.
2. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(b) Breaking one of her toys.
(c) Spilling flour on the floor.
(d) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
3. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Eugenia Phelan.
(d) Rebecca Whitworth.
4. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(d) State senate.
5. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(b) Mrs. Walters.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
2. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
3. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
4. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
5. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)