|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) The beginning of preschool.
(b) Potty training time.
(c) She just began to talk.
(d) She just began to walk.
2. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(b) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is dirty.
3. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
(a) War on drugs.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War II.
4. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(b) That Johnny knows about her.
(c) That she has five kids.
(d) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
5. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
(a) An antique sword.
(b) A broom handle.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A fireplace poker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
2. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
3. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
4. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
5. What is Skeeter's christian name?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)