|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(b) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(c) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(d) Constantine, her family's former maid.
2. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
(a) It has a separate refrigerator for the black workers' food.
(b) It has a separate bathroom for the domestic help.
(c) It has a separate set of dishes for the black workers.
(d) It has a separate eating area for the domestic help.
3. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
(b) She will get some terrible disease.
(c) She will get injured walking to the carport.
(d) She will fall into the comode.
4. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a maid.
(b) She was a teacher.
(c) She was a house slave.
(d) She was a wet nurse.
5. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt's mother.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Mrs. Walters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
2. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
3. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
4. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
5. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)