|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her brother, Carlton.
2. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(b) An editor for Harper & Row.
(c) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(d) A maid working in Jackson.
3. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Not cleaning properly.
(b) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
(c) Stealing jewelry.
(d) Stealing silver.
4. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too skittish.
(b) She's too inexperienced.
(c) She's too skinny.
(d) She's too busy.
5. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(b) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(c) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(d) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
2. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
3. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
4. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
5. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)