|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
2. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt hired a maid they cannot afford.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt is spending unnecessary money building a bathroom for Aibileen.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt donated too much to a Junior League charity.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt overspent on a shopping trip.
3. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(b) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(c) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(d) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
4. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(c) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
5. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her satchel.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her car keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
2. What is Skeeter's christian name?
3. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
4. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
5. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)