|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(b) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(c) They are too different.
(d) The blacks would harm the whites.
2. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Lou Anne Templeton.
(b) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
3. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) She is too odd.
(b) She does not offer to pay enough.
(c) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(d) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
4. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Cystic fibrosis.
(c) Stomach ulcers.
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
5. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) The March on Washington.
(b) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(c) Skeeter Phelan's book.
(d) Medgar Evers' murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
2. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
3. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
4. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
5. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)