|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) She is too odd.
(b) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
(c) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(d) She does not offer to pay enough.
2. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) A down payment on a new house.
(b) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
(c) A down payment on a new car.
(d) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
3. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since elementary school.
(b) Since college.
(c) Since high school.
(d) Since infancy.
4. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
(c) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
5. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(d) A new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
2. What is Hotstack?
3. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
4. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
5. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)