|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Cocktail party.
(b) Tupperware party.
(c) Birthday party.
(d) Bridge party.
2. How old was Treelore when he died?
3. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(b) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(c) They are too different.
(d) The blacks would harm the whites.
4. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(b) Playing golf.
(c) Playing tennis.
5. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(a) University of Texas at Austin.
(c) Ole Miss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
2. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
3. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
4. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
5. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)