|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
2. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) A collection of mismatched silver.
(b) A stack of old books.
(c) Old clothes for charity.
(d) Old clothes from her mother's house.
3. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Jackson Journal.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) The Junior League newsletter.
(d) The Jackson Daily News.
4. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(b) University of Texas at Austin.
(d) Ole Miss.
5. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
(b) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
(c) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(d) William Holbrook's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
2. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
4. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
5. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)