|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(a) Ole Miss.
(c) University of Texas at Austin.
2. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will fall into the comode.
(b) She will get injured walking to the carport.
(c) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
(d) She will get some terrible disease.
3. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(b) Constantine, their former maid.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
4. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) A down payment on a new car.
(b) A down payment on a new house.
(c) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
(d) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
5. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) William Holbrook's cousin.
(b) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
(c) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(d) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
2. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
3. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
4. What is the Shinalator?
5. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)