|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(b) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(c) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(d) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
2. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
(b) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
(c) She would tap herself on the chest.
(d) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
3. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
(a) Mowed her yard free of charge.
(b) Made repairs around the house.
(c) Cleaned out Treelore's apartment.
(d) Did some grocery shopping for her.
4. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(b) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is too small.
5. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt's mother.
(b) Mrs. Walters.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
2. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
3. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
4. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
5. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)