|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
2. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
(a) It has a separate set of dishes for the black workers.
(b) It has a separate bathroom for the domestic help.
(c) It has a separate eating area for the domestic help.
(d) It has a separate refrigerator for the black workers' food.
3. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Medgar Evers' murder.
(b) The March on Washington.
(c) Skeeter Phelan's book.
(d) Racial tensions in Jackson.
4. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(d) State senate.
5. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) A stack of old books.
(b) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(c) Old clothes for charity.
(d) A collection of mismatched silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
2. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
3. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
4. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
5. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)