|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(b) They are too different.
(c) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(d) The blacks would harm the whites.
2. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
(b) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
(c) Interviews with black maids about their families.
(d) Interviews with southern women about their families.
3. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Constantine, their former maid.
(c) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
4. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her coat.
(b) Her car keys.
(c) Her satchel.
(d) Her purse.
5. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
(a) William Holbrook.
(b) Stuart Townsend.
(c) Johnny Foote.
(d) Stuart Whitworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Stein?
2. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
3. Who is Patricia van Devender?
4. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
5. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)