|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting a haircut.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Getting a home of her own.
2. What is Hotstack?
(a) A new magazine in Mississippi.
(b) A type of dish in Mississippi.
(c) A black community near Longleaf.
(d) A store in Jackson.
3. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
(a) Stuart Farnsworth.
(b) Johnny Foote.
(c) William Holbrook.
(d) Stuart Whitworth.
4. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Lou Anne Templeton.
5. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt hired a maid they cannot afford.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt is spending unnecessary money building a bathroom for Aibileen.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt overspent on a shopping trip.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt donated too much to a Junior League charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
2. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
3. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
4. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
5. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)