|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(b) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(c) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(d) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
2. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(b) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
(c) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(d) She told him it would stunt his growth.
3. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Jackson Daily News.
(b) The Junior League newsletter.
(c) The Jackson Journal.
(d) Reader's Digest.
4. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since high school.
(b) Since infancy.
(c) Since elementary school.
(d) Since college.
5. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
(b) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(c) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Stein?
2. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
3. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
4. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
5. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)