|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(d) Polishing silver.
2. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Lou Anne Templeton.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
3. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
(a) Johnny Foote.
(b) Stuart Whitworth.
(c) William Holbrook.
(d) Stuart Farnsworth.
4. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since infancy.
(b) Since high school.
(c) Since elementary school.
(d) Since college.
5. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) A down payment on a new car.
(b) A down payment on a new house.
(c) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
(d) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Treelore when he died?
2. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
3. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
4. What point of view is used in this novel?
5. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)