|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Breaking one of her toys.
(b) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(c) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(d) Spilling flour on the floor.
2. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
3. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
(b) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
(c) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
(d) She would tap herself on the chest.
4. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
(a) It has a separate set of dishes for the black workers.
(b) It has a separate eating area for the domestic help.
(c) It has a separate bathroom for the domestic help.
(d) It has a separate refrigerator for the black workers' food.
5. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too busy.
(b) She's too skittish.
(c) She's too inexperienced.
(d) She's too skinny.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
2. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
3. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
4. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
5. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)