|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Cystic fibrosis.
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Stomach ulcers.
2. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
(a) Blackshire Club.
(b) Jackson Country Club.
(c) Robert E. Lee hotel.
(d) Broadmoore pool.
3. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) The blacks would harm the whites.
(b) They are too different.
(c) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(d) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
4. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Getting a home of her own.
(d) Getting a haircut.
5. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(b) She told him it would stunt his growth.
(c) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(d) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Myrna?
2. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
3. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
4. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
5. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)