|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt's mother.
(c) Mrs. Walters.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
2. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(b) University of Texas at Austin.
(c) Ole Miss.
3. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
4. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
(a) She is afraid he will not like having a black maid in the house.
(b) She wants him to think she can care for him and the house herself.
(c) She does not want him to know she is afraid to be alone.
(d) She is afriad he will not like the money she is spending on the maid.
5. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
(b) A Confederate pistol.
(c) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(d) A Confederate flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Treelore when he died?
2. What point of view is used in this novel?
3. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
4. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
5. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)