|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
(a) Stuart Farnsworth.
(b) Johnny Foote.
(c) William Holbrook.
(d) Stuart Whitworth.
2. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Constantine, their former maid.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
3. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(b) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(c) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(d) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
4. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) Playing golf.
5. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt hired a maid they cannot afford.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt overspent on a shopping trip.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt is spending unnecessary money building a bathroom for Aibileen.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt donated too much to a Junior League charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
2. What is Hotstack?
3. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
4. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
5. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)