|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
2. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother, Carlton.
(c) Her father.
3. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(a) A new job.
4. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
(a) She is afriad he will not like the money she is spending on the maid.
(b) She does not want him to know she is afraid to be alone.
(c) She wants him to think she can care for him and the house herself.
(d) She is afraid he will not like having a black maid in the house.
5. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) A stack of old books.
(b) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(c) A collection of mismatched silver.
(d) Old clothes for charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
2. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
3. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
4. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
5. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)