|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) William Holbrook.
(c) Stuart Farnsworth.
(d) Johnny Foote.
2. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Cystic fibrosis.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
3. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(b) Playing tennis.
(d) Playing golf.
4. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
(b) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
(c) She would tap herself on the chest.
(d) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
5. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
(a) A large canvas backpack.
(b) A black attache case with a broken latch.
(c) A red satchel that her grandmother once used for her gardening tools.
(d) A green army knapsack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hotstack?
2. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
3. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
4. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
5. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)