|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
(b) She would tap herself on the chest.
(c) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
(d) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
2. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Skeeter and her family.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Celia Foote.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
3. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Twelve or more.
(b) Five or six.
(c) Twenty or more.
(d) Thirty or less.
4. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(c) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(d) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
5. What is the Shinalator?
(a) A hair dryer.
(b) A hair conditioner.
(c) A silver polishing machine.
(d) A floor polishing machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
2. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
3. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
4. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
5. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)