|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Cystic fibrosis.
(c) Stomach ulcers.
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
2. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) A collection of mismatched silver.
(b) A stack of old books.
(c) Old clothes for charity.
(d) Old clothes from her mother's house.
3. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Breaking one of her toys.
(b) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(c) Spilling flour on the floor.
(d) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
4. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(b) A maid working in Jackson.
(c) An editor for Harper & Row.
(d) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
5. How old was Treelore when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
2. What point of view is used in this novel?
3. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
4. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
5. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)