|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Treelore when he died?
2. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(c) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(d) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
3. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(b) A collection of mismatched silver.
(c) Old clothes for charity.
(d) A stack of old books.
4. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(b) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(c) A maid working in Jackson.
(d) An editor for Harper & Row.
5. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(b) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(c) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
2. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
3. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
4. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
5. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)