|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Skeeter Phelan.
(d) Lou Anne Templeton.
2. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Cocktail party.
(b) Bridge party.
(c) Birthday party.
(d) Tupperware party.
3. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
(b) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(c) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(d) She told him it would stunt his growth.
4. What is the Shinalator?
(a) A floor polishing machine.
(b) A hair dryer.
(c) A hair conditioner.
(d) A silver polishing machine.
5. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
(a) Stuart Townsend.
(b) William Holbrook.
(c) Stuart Whitworth.
(d) Johnny Foote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
2. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
3. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
5. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)