|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
(b) A maid in Jackson.
(c) The name of a weekly love advice column.
(d) Skeeter's new boss.
2. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Editor for a New York magazine.
(b) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(c) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
(d) Editor for Harper & Row.
3. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
(a) Made repairs around the house.
(b) Did some grocery shopping for her.
(c) Cleaned out Treelore's apartment.
(d) Mowed her yard free of charge.
4. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(d) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
5. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
2. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
3. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
4. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
5. What point of view is used in this novel?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)