|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Phelans' maid.
(b) The Leefolts' maid.
(c) The Holbrooks' maid.
(d) The Footes' maid.
2. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
(b) Interviews with southern women about their families.
(c) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
(d) Interviews with black maids about their families.
3. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since elementary school.
(b) Since high school.
(c) Since infancy.
(d) Since college.
4. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
(a) She will get some terrible disease.
(b) She will fall into the comode.
(c) She will get injured walking to the carport.
(d) She will spoil Aibileen's privacy.
5. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(b) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is firing Aibileen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
2. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
3. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
4. Who is Miss Myrna?
5. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)