|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
2. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(b) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(c) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
(d) She told him it would stunt his growth.
3. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) Stonewall Jackson.
(b) George Patton.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
4. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(a) State senate.
5. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
2. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
3. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
4. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
5. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)