|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(b) An editor for Harper & Row.
(c) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(d) A maid working in Jackson.
2. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
(a) All names and locations will be changed.
(b) The book will never be published.
(c) All names and professions will not be changed.
(d) The book will never be sold in Jackson.
3. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Skeeter Phelan's book.
(b) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(c) The March on Washington.
(d) Medgar Evers' murder.
4. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(d) State senate.
5. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(d) Polishing silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
2. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
3. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
4. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
5. What is the Shinalator?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)