|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Footes' maid.
(b) The Phelans' maid.
(c) The Leefolts' maid.
(d) The Holbrooks' maid.
2. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a wet nurse.
(b) She was a house slave.
(c) She was a maid.
(d) She was a teacher.
3. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Junior League newsletter.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) The Jackson Daily News.
(d) The Jackson Journal.
4. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
5. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) George Patton.
(c) Robert E. Lee.
(d) Stonewall Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
2. What is the Shinalator?
3. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
4. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
5. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)