|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
2. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her car keys.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her satchel.
3. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
(b) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
(c) Interviews with black maids about their families.
(d) Interviews with southern women about their families.
4. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(a) Playing golf.
(d) Playing tennis.
5. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Breaking one of her toys.
(b) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(c) Spilling flour on the floor.
(d) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
2. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
3. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
4. What is the Shinalator?
5. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)