|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) The March on Washington.
(b) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(c) Medgar Evers' murder.
(d) Skeeter Phelan's book.
2. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person.
(d) First person.
3. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
(a) Her brother, Carlton.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
4. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Jackson Daily News.
(b) The Jackson Journal.
(c) The Junior League newsletter.
(d) Reader's Digest.
5. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) Old clothes for charity.
(b) A stack of old books.
(c) A collection of mismatched silver.
(d) Old clothes from her mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
2. What is Hotstack?
3. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
4. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
5. How old was Treelore when he died?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)