|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) Polishing silver.
2. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
3. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(b) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(c) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(d) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
4. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) The beginning of preschool.
(b) She just began to walk.
(c) She just began to talk.
(d) Potty training time.
5. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
(a) All names and professions will not be changed.
(b) The book will never be sold in Jackson.
(c) All names and locations will be changed.
(d) The book will never be published.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
2. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
3. Who is Patricia van Devender?
4. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
5. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)