|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Not cleaning properly.
(b) Stealing jewelry.
(c) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
(d) Stealing silver.
2. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(b) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(c) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(d) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
3. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Breaking one of her toys.
(b) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(c) Spilling flour on the floor.
(d) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
4. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) The blacks would harm the whites.
(b) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(c) They are too different.
(d) The risk of the transmission of disease.
5. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(b) She is firing Aibileen.
(c) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
2. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
3. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
4. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
5. What is the Shinalator?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)