|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Jackson Daily News.
(b) The Junior League newsletter.
(c) The Jackson Journal.
(d) Reader's Digest.
2. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A maid working in Jackson.
(b) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(c) An editor for Harper & Row.
(d) A neighbor to Longleaf.
3. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(b) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(c) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(d) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
4. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Cystic fibrosis.
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
5. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
2. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
3. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
4. What is Hotstack?
5. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)