|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Cystic fibrosis.
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
2. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Celia Foote.
(c) Skeeter and her family.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
3. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Bridge party.
(b) Cocktail party.
(c) Birthday party.
(d) Tupperware party.
4. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Stealing silver.
(b) Not cleaning properly.
(c) Stealing jewelry.
(d) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
5. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
(b) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
(c) She would tap herself on the chest.
(d) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
2. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
3. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
4. How old was Treelore when he died?
5. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)