|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) William Holbrook.
(c) Stuart Townsend.
(d) Johnny Foote.
2. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(b) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(c) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(d) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
3. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too busy.
(b) She's too inexperienced.
(c) She's too skittish.
(d) She's too skinny.
4. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(b) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(c) An editor for Harper & Row.
(d) A maid working in Jackson.
5. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(c) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(d) It is dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
2. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
3. What is Skeeter's christian name?
4. What point of view is used in this novel?
5. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)