|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
(a) Stuart Townsend.
(b) Johnny Foote.
(c) Stuart Whitworth.
(d) William Holbrook.
2. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
(a) Her brother, Carlton.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
3. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Editor for a New York magazine.
(b) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
(c) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(d) Editor for Harper & Row.
4. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(b) Stomach ulcers.
(d) Cystic fibrosis.
5. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(b) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(c) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(d) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
2. Who is Pascagoula?
3. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
4. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
5. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)