|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Breaking one of her toys.
(b) Spilling flour on the floor.
(c) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(d) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
2. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Editor for a New York magazine.
(b) Editor for Harper & Row.
(c) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(d) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
3. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Cystic fibrosis.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
4. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five years.
5. What is Skeeter's christian name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
2. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
3. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
4. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
5. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)