|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(b) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(c) Spilling flour on the floor.
(d) Breaking one of her toys.
2. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
3. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too skittish.
(b) She's too skinny.
(c) She's too busy.
(d) She's too inexperienced.
4. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(b) It is dirty.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
5. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(c) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
2. What is Hotstack?
3. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who is Mrs. Stein?
5. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)