|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
(a) Her brother, Carlton.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) A maid in Jackson.
(b) The name of a weekly love advice column.
(c) Skeeter's new boss.
(d) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
3. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
4. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(b) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(c) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(d) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
5. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Stomach ulcers.
(c) Cystic fibrosis.
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
2. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
3. Who is Pascagoula?
4. What is Hotstack?
5. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)