|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
2. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Cystic fibrosis.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
3. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A Confederate pistol.
(b) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(c) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
(d) A Confederate flag.
4. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Bridge party.
(b) Birthday party.
(c) Cocktail party.
(d) Tupperware party.
5. How old was Treelore when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
2. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
3. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
4. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
5. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)