|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting a home of her own.
(b) Getting a haircut.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Getting a job.
2. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
(a) Her thoughts and emotions.
(b) Her prayers.
(c) Her grocery lists.
(d) Her fictional stories.
3. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(b) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(c) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(d) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
4. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Stomach ulcers.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Cystic fibrosis.
5. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Seventeen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
2. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
3. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
4. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
5. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)