|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt overspent on a shopping trip.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt hired a maid they cannot afford.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt is spending unnecessary money building a bathroom for Aibileen.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt donated too much to a Junior League charity.
2. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too skinny.
(b) She's too skittish.
(c) She's too inexperienced.
(d) She's too busy.
3. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(b) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(c) An editor for Harper & Row.
(d) A maid working in Jackson.
4. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Five years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seventeen years.
5. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Junior League newsletter.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) The Jackson Journal.
(d) The Jackson Daily News.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
2. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
3. Who is Pascagoula?
4. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
5. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)