|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(b) Chicken pox.
2. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
(b) Skeeter's new boss.
(c) A maid in Jackson.
(d) The name of a weekly love advice column.
3. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(b) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(c) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(d) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
4. What is Hotstack?
(a) A new magazine in Mississippi.
(b) A type of dish in Mississippi.
(c) A store in Jackson.
(d) A black community near Longleaf.
5. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Spilling flour on the floor.
(b) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(c) Breaking one of her toys.
(d) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
2. Who is Pascagoula?
3. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
4. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
5. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)