|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too busy.
(b) She's too skinny.
(c) She's too inexperienced.
(d) She's too skittish.
2. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(b) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is dirty.
3. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
4. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A maid working in Jackson.
(b) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(c) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(d) An editor for Harper & Row.
5. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(b) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
2. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
3. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
4. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
5. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)