|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(b) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(c) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(d) Constantine, her family's former maid.
2. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(c) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(d) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
3. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Cystic fibrosis.
(c) Stomach ulcers.
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
4. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A Confederate flag.
(b) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
(c) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(d) A Confederate pistol.
5. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(c) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(d) It is too small.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
2. Who is Miss Myrna?
3. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
4. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
5. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)