|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(b) Chicken pox.
2. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting a job.
(b) Getting a home of her own.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Getting a haircut.
3. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Breaking one of her toys.
(b) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(c) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(d) Spilling flour on the floor.
4. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(c) University of Texas at Austin.
(d) Ole Miss.
5. How old was Treelore when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Skeeter's christian name?
2. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
4. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
5. Who is Pascagoula?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)