|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(b) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(c) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(d) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
2. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
(a) She is afraid he will not like having a black maid in the house.
(b) She wants him to think she can care for him and the house herself.
(c) She does not want him to know she is afraid to be alone.
(d) She is afriad he will not like the money she is spending on the maid.
3. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(b) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(c) A maid working in Jackson.
(d) An editor for Harper & Row.
4. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
(b) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(c) Editor for a New York magazine.
(d) Editor for Harper & Row.
5. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
(a) Her thoughts and emotions.
(b) Her fictional stories.
(c) Her grocery lists.
(d) Her prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
2. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
3. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
4. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
5. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)