|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Skeeter Phelan's book.
(b) The March on Washington.
(c) Medgar Evers' murder.
(d) Racial tensions in Jackson.
2. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
3. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
(a) She does not want him to know she is afraid to be alone.
(b) She is afraid he will not like having a black maid in the house.
(c) She wants him to think she can care for him and the house herself.
(d) She is afriad he will not like the money she is spending on the maid.
4. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Frederick Douglass, an American Slave.
(d) The Biography of Martin Luther King Jr.
5. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(a) A new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
2. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
3. Who is Mrs. Stein?
4. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
5. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)