|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
(b) The blacks would harm the whites.
(c) They are too different.
(d) The risk of the transmission of disease.
2. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her satchel.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her car keys.
3. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five years.
4. Why does Stuart take back the marriage proposal he makes to Skeeter in chapter 28?
(a) He has just learned her mother is dying.
(b) He claims he does not know her after she tells him about her book.
(c) Hilly tells him about Skeeter's possession of the Jim Crow laws.
(d) He has decided he does not like her sense of style.
5. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) Stuart Farnsworth.
(c) William Holbrook.
(d) Johnny Foote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
2. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
3. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
4. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
5. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)