|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dish is Skeeter left to prepare on New Year's Day?
(a) Black eyed peas.
(b) A ham.
(c) Pinto beans.
(d) A turkey feast.
2. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) Air conditioning.
(b) A refrigertor.
(c) A clothes washer.
(d) A dish washer.
3. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Mrs. Walters.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
4. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Second person.
5. What is the best part of having written the book in Skeeter's mind?
(a) That she no longer has to pretend to agree with Hilly and Elizabeth.
(b) She can use it on her resume.
(c) She has money coming in.
(d) She has the experience she needs to write a new book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
2. Who is Miss Myrna?
3. Why has Mrs. Leefolt borrowed a silver service from Hilly Holbrook in chapter 34?
4. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
5. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)