|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen threaten to do if Hilly Holbrook has her put in jail for theft in chapter 34?
(a) Go on television and tell more stories about Hilly.
(b) Write a letter to everyone in Jackson telling the truth about the Terrible Awful.
(c) Sue her for slander.
(d) Write another book.
2. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
(a) They dislike her hair.
(b) They think she is not good enough for Stuart.
(c) They know about her book.
(d) They dislike her clothing.
3. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) Johnny Foote.
(c) Stuart Farnsworth.
(d) William Holbrook.
4. Where does Skeeter get a job in chapter 6?
(a) The Junior League newsletter.
(b) The Jackson Journal.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Jackson Daily News.
5. Why does Miss Hester decide not to fire her maid, Flora Lou, even though she knows it was her in Skeeter's book?
(a) Everyone would know.
(b) She would have to pay a new maid too much.
(c) She likes her too much.
(d) She could never get another maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
2. Who comes into the drug store with Lou Anne in chapter 33?
3. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
4. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
5. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)