|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her satchel.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her car keys.
2. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
(a) They think she is not good enough for Stuart.
(b) They dislike her hair.
(c) They know about her book.
(d) They dislike her clothing.
3. What habit has baby Ross developed that makes changing diapers a treasure hunt?
(a) Playing with his diaper contents.
(b) Hiding toys in his diaper.
(c) Eating odd objects.
(d) Hiding stolen items in his diaper.
4. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(b) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(c) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(d) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
5. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(b) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(c) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(d) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job has Skeeter been offered in New York City?
2. What were shock treatments used to treat in 1964?
3. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
4. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
5. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)