|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Leefolt instruct his wife to have his daughter's preschool teacher changed?
(a) Mae Mobley claims the teacher allowed another student to hit her.
(b) Mae Mobley claims her teacher does not teach her anything.
(c) Mae Mobley tells him her teacher hit her.
(d) Mae Mobley tells him her teacher taught her about sit ins and bus boycotts.
2. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(b) A maid working in Jackson.
(c) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(d) An editor for Harper & Row.
3. Why does Minny suggest Hilly can never tell anyone what she knows about the book Skeeter wrote?
(a) Then everyone will know she ate the Terrible Awful pie.
(b) Then everyone will know what she did to Yule May.
(c) Then everyone will know how unfair she was to Minny.
(d) Then everyone will know how she treated her mother.
4. Who does Skeeter claim she misses the most in the aftermath of finishing the book in chapter 33?
5. What job has Skeeter been offered in New York City?
(a) Copy editor at Harper & Row.
(b) Copy-editor's assistant for a magazine.
(c) Writer for a small magazine.
(d) Editor at a publishing house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
2. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
3. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
4. What does Skeeter think her life would be like if she had not written the book?
5. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)