|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) A stack of old books.
(b) A collection of mismatched silver.
(c) Old clothes for charity.
(d) Old clothes from her mother's house.
2. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) The Biography of Washington Carver.
(c) Stride Toward Freedom.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
3. What does Skeeter think her life would be like if she had not written the book?
(a) Endless criticism from her mother.
(b) A lifelong friendship with Hilly and Lou Anne.
(c) A loveless marriage and huge brood of children.
(d) Endless social engagements and marriage to Stuart.
4. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
(a) Out of respect for the death of President Kennedy.
(b) Out of a lack of money.
(c) Out of a lack of facilities.
(d) Out of respect for the family of Medgar Evers.
5. Who did Johnny Foote tell Minny he had asked to come play bridge with Celia?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(b) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(c) Mrs. Walters.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
2. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
3. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
4. Why do Minny and Aibileen insist Skeeter take the job in New York City?
5. Why does Mr. Leefolt instruct his wife to have his daughter's preschool teacher changed?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)