|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
(b) Her treatment of Skeeter.
(c) Her treatment of Constantine.
(d) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
2. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
(a) The Starving Children of Ethiopia.
(b) The local schools.
(c) Poor Starving Children of Africa.
(d) The poor of Jackson.
3. What does Aibileen's church give her to celebrate the publication of the book?
(a) A book signed by everyone in the church.
(b) A plaque with her name on it.
(c) A painted portrait.
(d) A new Bible.
4. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
(a) She told her.
(b) Minny told Johnny Foote she knew how.
(c) They played the game once when Minny first came to work for her.
(d) Mrs. Walters told her they used to play together.
5. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) A maid in Jackson.
(b) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
(c) Skeeter's new boss.
(d) The name of a weekly love advice column.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
2. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
3. What does Aibileen threaten to do if Hilly Holbrook has her put in jail for theft in chapter 34?
4. What is Skeeter's biggest fear in light of the publication of her book?
5. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)