|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
(a) A broom handle.
(b) A fireplace poker.
(c) An antique sword.
(d) A hunting knife.
2. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
(a) Southern Help.
(b) Southern Domestics.
(c) Colored Domestics and their Southern Families.
(d) The Help.
3. What job has Skeeter been offered in New York City?
(a) Editor at a publishing house.
(b) Writer for a small magazine.
(c) Copy editor at Harper & Row.
(d) Copy-editor's assistant for a magazine.
4. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Five or six.
(b) Thirty or less.
(c) Twelve or more.
(d) Twenty or more.
5. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother, Carlton.
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
2. Why does Aibileen obsessively check Mrs. Leefolt's progress in reading the book written by Skeeter and Aibileen?
3. Who comes into the drug store with Lou Anne in chapter 33?
4. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
5. What new gadget has Celia Foote bought that Minny is impressed by in chapter 30?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)