|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
(b) She is firing Aibileen.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is divorcing Raleigh.
2. What does Skeeter think her life would be like if she had not written the book?
(a) Endless criticism from her mother.
(b) A loveless marriage and huge brood of children.
(c) Endless social engagements and marriage to Stuart.
(d) A lifelong friendship with Hilly and Lou Anne.
3. Why do Minny and Aibileen insist Skeeter take the job in New York City?
(a) She needs to go where no one knows her to regain her social status.
(b) She has to think of her safety.
(c) She has nothing left in Mississippi.
(d) She has to move past her past.
4. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
(a) He wants to keep Skeeter to himself.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) Skeeter's skirt is too short.
(d) Skeeter is drunk.
5. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(a) Ole Miss.
(c) University of Texas at Austin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
2. How old was Treelore when he died?
3. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
4. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
5. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)