|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia Foote threaten to do in the aftermath of the disaster at the Benefit?
(a) Ignore Hilly Holbrook's overtures of friendship.
(b) Move closer into Jackson.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Write a tell all book about Jackson housewives.
2. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Sixty five dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) Eight hundred dollars.
3. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(b) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
(c) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(d) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
4. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since infancy.
(b) Since high school.
(c) Since college.
(d) Since elementary school.
5. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
(a) A catching tonic.
(b) Hair tonic.
(c) A celery tonic.
(d) A vitamin tonic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Minny say that Celia Foote will more than likely never read their book?
2. Where does Hilly Holbrook invite Mrs. Leefolt and Mae Mobley to go in chapter 15?
3. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
4. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
5. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)