|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) An editor for Harper & Row.
(b) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(c) A maid working in Jackson.
(d) A neighbor to Longleaf.
2. What were shock treatments used to treat in 1964?
3. Who attracts a large amount of attention upon her arrival at the Benefit?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Celia Foote.
(c) Minny Jackson.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
4. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) The March on Washington.
(b) Skeeter Phelan's book.
(c) Medgar Evers' murder.
(d) Racial tensions in Jackson.
5. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
(a) For the spoiled housewives of Jackson.
(b) For the torn dress.
(c) For starving children in Africa.
(d) For Two-Slice Hilly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
2. What reason does Stuart give Skeeter in chapter 28 for not working on the oil rigs any longer?
3. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
4. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
5. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)