|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
(b) Dr. Neal.
2. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
(a) Lou Anne Templeton.
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Celia Foote.
3. What is in a letter Aibileen gives to Skeeter in chapter 27?
(a) The truth of why Constantine left.
(b) A resume.
(c) Her reasons for pulling out of the book project.
(d) A confession by Yule May.
4. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(b) Mr. Leefolt.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
5. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
(a) Her fictional stories.
(b) Her grocery lists.
(c) Her thoughts and emotions.
(d) Her prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
2. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
3. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
4. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
5. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)