|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Rebecca Jones.
(b) Abilene Johnson.
(c) Sarah Ross.
(d) Margret Green.
2. Who does Lou Anne think wrote the book?
(c) Celia Foote.
3. Why does Minny say that Celia Foote will more than likely never read their book?
(a) She only reads tabloid magazines.
(b) She only reads romance novels.
(c) She dislikes nonfiction.
(d) She does not read.
4. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(b) She does not offer to pay enough.
(c) She is too odd.
(d) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
5. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) Whether they ever traveled together.
(b) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
(c) Whether they shared a bed.
(d) What caused their break up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
2. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
3. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
4. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
5. What does Mrs. Phelan tell the Whitworths Skeeter has been writing about in chapter 20?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)