|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A Confederate pistol.
(b) A Confederate flag.
(c) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(d) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
2. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(c) A new job.
3. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
(b) Skeeter's new boss.
(c) A maid in Jackson.
(d) The name of a weekly love advice column.
4. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) The beginning of preschool.
(b) She just began to talk.
(c) Potty training time.
(d) She just began to walk.
5. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too inexperienced.
(b) She's too busy.
(c) She's too skinny.
(d) She's too skittish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
2. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
3. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
4. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
5. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)