|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) Playing golf.
2. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(d) Polishing silver.
3. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Fifteen years.
4. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Spilling flour on the floor.
(b) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(c) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(d) Breaking one of her toys.
5. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Stomach ulcers.
(b) Cystic fibrosis.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
2. What is the Shinalator?
3. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
4. How old was Treelore when he died?
5. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)