|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen tell Minny in chapter 2 that Hilly Hobrook accused her of?
(a) Stealing jewelry.
(b) Stealing silver.
(c) Not feeding Mrs. Walters.
(d) Not cleaning properly.
2. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(b) Playing tennis.
(c) Playing golf.
3. What is Hotstack?
(a) A new magazine in Mississippi.
(b) A black community near Longleaf.
(c) A store in Jackson.
(d) A type of dish in Mississippi.
4. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Skeeter and her family.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Celia Foote.
5. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Thirty or less.
(b) Twenty or more.
(c) Twelve or more.
(d) Five or six.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
2. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
3. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
5. What point of view is used in this novel?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)