|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hotstack?
(a) A black community near Longleaf.
(b) A new magazine in Mississippi.
(c) A type of dish in Mississippi.
(d) A store in Jackson.
2. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
(a) Ole Miss.
(c) University of Texas at Austin.
3. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt's mother.
(b) Mrs. Walters.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
4. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with black maids about their families.
(b) Interviews with southern women about their families.
(c) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
(d) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
5. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too skittish.
(b) She's too busy.
(c) She's too inexperienced.
(d) She's too skinny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
2. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
3. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
4. What point of view is used in this novel?
5. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)