|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
(a) Mrs. Walters.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt's mother.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt.
2. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
(a) Since elementary school.
(b) Since high school.
(c) Since college.
(d) Since infancy.
3. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(b) Editor for Harper & Row.
(c) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
(d) Editor for a New York magazine.
4. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
(a) Cleaned out Treelore's apartment.
(b) Did some grocery shopping for her.
(c) Mowed her yard free of charge.
(d) Made repairs around the house.
5. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) Potty training time.
(b) The beginning of preschool.
(c) She just began to walk.
(d) She just began to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Patricia van Devender?
2. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
3. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
4. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
5. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)