|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
(a) She is afraid he will not like having a black maid in the house.
(b) She wants him to think she can care for him and the house herself.
(c) She does not want him to know she is afraid to be alone.
(d) She is afriad he will not like the money she is spending on the maid.
2. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
(a) Lou Anne Templeton.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Celia Foote.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
3. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) Stuart Townsend.
(c) Johnny Foote.
(d) William Holbrook.
4. What is Skeeter's christian name?
5. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(b) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
2. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
3. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
4. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
5. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)