|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Skeeter Phelan.
(d) Lou Anne Templeton.
2. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a maid.
(b) She was a teacher.
(c) She was a wet nurse.
(d) She was a house slave.
3. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(b) Constantine, their former maid.
(c) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
4. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Skeeter Phelan's book.
(b) Medgar Evers' murder.
(c) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(d) The March on Washington.
5. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
(a) It has a separate bathroom for the domestic help.
(b) It has a separate set of dishes for the black workers.
(c) It has a separate eating area for the domestic help.
(d) It has a separate refrigerator for the black workers' food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
2. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
3. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
4. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
5. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)