|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(b) A new job.
2. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(c) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(d) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
3. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Twelve or more.
(b) Five or six.
(c) Twenty or more.
(d) Thirty or less.
4. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) A down payment on a new house.
(b) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
(c) A down payment on a new car.
(d) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
5. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) William Holbrook's cousin.
(b) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
(c) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(d) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What point of view is used in this novel?
2. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
3. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
4. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
5. What is Skeeter's christian name?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)