|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
(a) Her love for her children.
(b) Her love for her husband.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her clothing.
2. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
(a) The Biography of Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Frederick Douglass, an American Slave.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
3. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) Her grocery lists.
(c) Her fictional stories.
(d) Her thoughts and emotions.
4. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Constantine, their former maid.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
5. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Holbrooks' maid.
(b) The Leefolts' maid.
(c) The Phelans' maid.
(d) The Footes' maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
2. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
3. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
4. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
5. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)