|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
(a) That Aibileen is unwilling to get other maids to help.
(b) That Aibileen is doing the writing.
(c) That Aibileen is unwilling to do any of the writing.
(d) That Aibileen is unwilling to help.
2. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(b) Breaking one of her toys.
(c) Spilling flour on the floor.
(d) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
3. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A Confederate flag.
(b) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(c) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
(d) A Confederate pistol.
4. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(a) State senate.
5. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) Polishing silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
2. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
3. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
4. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
5. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)