|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
(b) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
(c) Interviews with southern women about their families.
(d) Interviews with black maids about their families.
2. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Celia Foote.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt.
(d) Skeeter and her family.
3. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(d) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
4. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) She is too odd.
(b) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(c) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
(d) She does not offer to pay enough.
5. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
(b) Constantine, their former maid.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Elizabeth Leefolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Patricia van Devender?
2. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
3. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
4. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
5. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)