|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her car keys.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her satchel.
2. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Skeeter and her family.
(d) Celia Foote.
3. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Playing tennis.
4. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) The house is too large and it is too much work.
(b) She is too odd.
(c) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
(d) She does not offer to pay enough.
5. How much younger than Aibileen is Minny Jackson?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
2. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
3. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
4. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
5. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)