|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hotstack?
(a) A store in Jackson.
(b) A black community near Longleaf.
(c) A new magazine in Mississippi.
(d) A type of dish in Mississippi.
2. What threat did Hilly make against Skeeter early in the novel that causes her angst in chapter 5?
(a) To kick her out of the Junior League if she does not publish the bathroom initiative.
(b) To tell her mother she refuses to follow instructions in editing the League newsletter.
(c) To cancel the date she has planned with Stuart Whitworth.
(d) To throw her out of the bridge game if she does not stop cheating.
3. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Twenty or more.
(b) Twelve or more.
(c) Thirty or less.
(d) Five or six.
4. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Playing tennis.
5. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(b) William Holbrook's cousin.
(c) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
(d) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
2. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
3. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
4. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
5. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)