|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Constantine, her family's former maid.
(b) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(c) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(d) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
2. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
(a) She refuses to tell her husband about hiring a maid.
(b) She is too odd.
(c) She does not offer to pay enough.
(d) The house is too large and it is too much work.
3. What is the Shinalator?
(a) A silver polishing machine.
(b) A hair conditioner.
(c) A floor polishing machine.
(d) A hair dryer.
4. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(c) Polishing silver.
5. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(c) A new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
2. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
3. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
4. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
5. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)