|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(b) Chicken pox.
2. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
(a) Made repairs around the house.
(b) Did some grocery shopping for her.
(c) Mowed her yard free of charge.
(d) Cleaned out Treelore's apartment.
3. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Constantine, their former maid.
(c) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(d) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
4. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
(a) The Biography of Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) Frederick Douglass, an American Slave.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
5. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
2. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
3. What is Skeeter's christian name?
4. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
5. What is Hotstack?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)