|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) The March on Washington.
(b) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(c) Skeeter Phelan's book.
(d) Medgar Evers' murder.
2. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
3. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Constantine, their former maid.
(d) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
4. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her car keys.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her satchel.
(d) Her purse.
5. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(b) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
(c) Celia is angry with her again.
(d) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
2. What is the Shinalator?
3. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
4. What does Aibileen promise all the women she approaches about helping with Skeeter's book will be done to protect their identities?
5. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)