|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(c) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(d) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
2. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
(a) The War Between the States.
(b) Mississippi State.
(c) His dead grandfather.
(d) His parents.
3. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
4. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) What caused their break up.
(b) Whether they shared a bed.
(c) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
(d) Whether they ever traveled together.
5. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
(a) It has a separate set of dishes for the black workers.
(b) It has a separate bathroom for the domestic help.
(c) It has a separate eating area for the domestic help.
(d) It has a separate refrigerator for the black workers' food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
2. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
3. What is Hotstack?
4. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
5. What does Mrs. Phelan tell the Whitworths Skeeter has been writing about in chapter 20?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)