|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
2. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
(a) Minny, Mrs. Walters' maid.
(b) Treelore, Aibileen's son.
(c) Louvenia, Lou Anne's maid.
(d) Constantine, her family's former maid.
3. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(b) A collection of mismatched silver.
(c) Old clothes for charity.
(d) A stack of old books.
4. Who does Aibileen recommend Minny to, lying about Elizabeth Leefolt recommending her as a good maid?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Lou Anne Templeton.
(d) Celia Foote.
5. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) Robert E. Lee.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Stonewall Jackson.
(d) George Patton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
2. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
3. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
4. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
5. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)