|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
(a) Sarah Ross.
(b) Rebecca Jones.
(c) Gertrude Black.
(d) Toni Franklin.
2. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Birthday party.
(b) Tupperware party.
(c) Cocktail party.
(d) Bridge party.
3. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
(a) An antique sword.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) A broom handle.
(d) A fireplace poker.
4. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
(d) Severe allergies.
5. What secret does Minny finally reveal to Celia as they wait for the doctor to come in chapter 18?
(a) That Elizabeth Leefolt did not really recommend her.
(b) That she was accused of theft by Hilly Holbrook.
(c) That Johnny knows about her.
(d) That she has five kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
2. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
3. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
4. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
5. Who lives on Longleaf Plantation?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)