|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
2. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
(a) A vitamin tonic.
(b) A catching tonic.
(c) A celery tonic.
(d) Hair tonic.
3. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) What caused their break up.
(b) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
(c) Whether they ever traveled together.
(d) Whether they shared a bed.
4. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Playing tennis.
5. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
2. Why have nearly half a dozen maids refused to work for Celia Foote, as revealed in chapter 3?
3. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
4. What point of view is used in this novel?
5. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)