|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
(c) Yule May.
2. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) The blacks would harm the whites.
(b) They are too different.
(c) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(d) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
3. Who is Miss Myrna?
(a) The name of a weekly love advice column.
(b) Skeeter's new boss.
(c) A maid in Jackson.
(d) The name of a weekly housecleaning column.
4. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
(a) Her grocery lists.
(b) Her prayers.
(c) Her fictional stories.
(d) Her thoughts and emotions.
5. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
(a) It has a separate eating area for the domestic help.
(b) It has a separate bathroom for the domestic help.
(c) It has a separate refrigerator for the black workers' food.
(d) It has a separate set of dishes for the black workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hotstack?
2. With whom does Skeeter have a date in chapter 9?
3. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
4. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
5. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)