|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would stunt his growth.
(b) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
(c) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(d) She told him it would make him turn colored.
2. What item does Skeeter accidentally leave at behind in chapter 13 when she rushes out of the League meeting?
(a) Her satchel.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her car keys.
(d) Her purse.
3. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
(a) Katherine Hepburn.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Elizabeth Taylor.
(d) Rita Hayworth.
4. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(b) Breaking one of her toys.
(c) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(d) Spilling flour on the floor.
5. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
(a) The magnolia tree.
(b) The pecan tree.
(c) The peach tree.
(d) The mimosa tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
2. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
3. How long have Hilly, Skeeter, and Elizabeth been friends?
4. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
5. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)