|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
(a) She was a house slave.
(b) She was a wet nurse.
(c) She was a maid.
(d) She was a teacher.
2. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(d) Chicken pox.
3. Why does Celia Foote refuse to tell her husband she has hired a maid in chapter 3?
(a) She is afraid he will not like having a black maid in the house.
(b) She is afriad he will not like the money she is spending on the maid.
(c) She wants him to think she can care for him and the house herself.
(d) She does not want him to know she is afraid to be alone.
4. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
5. What does Dr. Tate accuse Celia of in chapter 18?
(a) Intentionally causing her miscarriages.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Alcohol use.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
2. Who does Skeeter ask for advice in regards to her new job in chapter 6?
3. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
4. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
5. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)