|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
(a) She does not want to hear 'I told you so'.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She does not want to disappoint her.
(d) She is hoping he will come back.
2. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
(b) A new job.
3. What book does Minny discover Johnny Foote is reading in chapter 18?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(c) The Biography of Washington Carver.
(d) Stride Toward Freedom.
4. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Medgar Evers' murder.
(b) The March on Washington.
(c) Skeeter Phelan's book.
(d) Racial tensions in Jackson.
5. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(b) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
(c) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(d) Celia is angry with her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
2. What point of view is used in this novel?
3. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
4. Who gave Skeeter her nickname?
5. Who was Carl Roberts?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)