|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pascagoula?
(a) The Holbrooks' maid.
(b) The Footes' maid.
(c) The Leefolts' maid.
(d) The Phelans' maid.
2. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
3. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting a job.
(b) Getting a haircut.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Getting a home of her own.
4. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(c) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(d) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
5. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
(b) Yule May.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
2. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
3. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
4. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
5. Who was Carl Roberts?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)