|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would stunt his growth.
(b) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(c) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(d) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
2. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(b) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
(c) William Holbrook's cousin.
(d) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
3. Who tells Aibileen to stay away from Skeeter if she wants to keep her job?
(a) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt.
(d) Mr. Leefolt.
4. What item in the living room of the Foote residence frightens Minny?
(a) A full size, stuffed grizzly bear.
(b) A Confederate flag.
(c) A Confederate pistol.
(d) A blood colored stain on the shag carpet.
5. Who is Mrs. Stein?
(a) A friend of Skeeter's mother.
(b) A neighbor to Longleaf.
(c) A maid working in Jackson.
(d) An editor for Harper & Row.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
2. Who does Skeeter ask Aibileen about at the end of chapter 1?
3. What is Hotstack?
4. In chapter 15, who accuses Aibileen of not teaching Mae Mobley manners?
5. Who is Miss Myrna?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)