|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aibileen write in a small blue notepad?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) Her grocery lists.
(c) Her thoughts and emotions.
(d) Her fictional stories.
2. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(c) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(d) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
3. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) The beginning of preschool.
(b) Potty training time.
(c) She just began to walk.
(d) She just began to talk.
4. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(a) State senate.
5. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
(a) World War II.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) War on drugs.
(d) Korean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
2. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
3. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
4. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
5. What does Mae Mobley do when she sees the toilets on Hilly Holbrook's front lawn in chapter 22?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)