|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(b) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(c) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
(d) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
2. Why does Mr. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley she will not go to college in chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Leefolt overspent on a shopping trip.
(b) Mrs. Leefolt is spending unnecessary money building a bathroom for Aibileen.
(c) Mrs. Leefolt hired a maid they cannot afford.
(d) Mrs. Leefolt donated too much to a Junior League charity.
3. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) Potty training time.
(b) She just began to talk.
(c) She just began to walk.
(d) The beginning of preschool.
4. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
(a) World War II.
(b) War on drugs.
(c) Korean War.
(d) Vietnam War.
5. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
(a) Katherine Hepburn.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Elizabeth Taylor.
(d) Rita Hayworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Skeeter's christian name?
2. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
3. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
4. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
5. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)