|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What general shares a name with a popular hotel and restaurant in this book?
(a) Robert E. Lee.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Stonewall Jackson.
(d) George Patton.
2. What one housekeeping skill is Celia Foote very bad at, as revealed in chapter 3?
(c) Polishing silver.
3. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
(a) She just began to talk.
(b) The beginning of preschool.
(c) She just began to walk.
(d) Potty training time.
4. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too busy.
(b) She's too skinny.
(c) She's too inexperienced.
(d) She's too skittish.
5. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
(a) Constantine, their former maid.
(b) Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(d) Carlton, Skeeter's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
2. What excuse does Aibileen think Skeeter will use for the toilet confusion at Hilly Holbrook's house?
3. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
4. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
5. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)