|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
2. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(b) Skeeter Phelan's book.
(c) The March on Washington.
(d) Medgar Evers' murder.
3. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Bridge party.
(b) Tupperware party.
(c) Birthday party.
(d) Cocktail party.
4. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
(a) Rebecca Jones.
(b) Margret Green.
(c) Sarah Ross.
(d) Abilene Johnson.
5. Why does Minny tell Aibileen she needs to find a new job in chapter 2?
(a) Hilly wants Minny to come to work for her so she told lies to Mrs. Walters about Minny.
(b) Hilly fired Minny for stealing.
(c) Hilly wants to put Mrs. Walters in a nursing home.
(d) Hilly fired Minny for not feeding her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, in chapter 16, approaches Aibileen at a Community Concerns Meeting at her church about Skeeter's book?
2. What name has Minny chosen as her secret identity in Skeeter's book?
3. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
4. Who visits the Phelans in chapter 9?
5. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)