|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
(a) She is hoping he will come back.
(b) She does not want to hear 'I told you so'.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She does not want to disappoint her.
2. What gesture would Constantine use to let Skeeter knew she wanted her to pay close attention to her?
(a) She would tap her finger on her own chin.
(b) She would cup Skeeter's chin in her hand.
(c) She would tap herself on the chest.
(d) She would press her thumb into Skeeter's palm.
3. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
(b) Her treatment of Constantine.
(c) Her treatment of Skeeter.
(d) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
4. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(d) Chicken pox.
5. For what act does Mrs. Leefolt punish Mae Mobley in chapter 2 that makes Aibileen feel outrage for the child?
(a) Tearing up her mother's stationary.
(b) Breaking one of her toys.
(c) Pulling the phone out of her mother's hand.
(d) Spilling flour on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
2. What college did Skeeter graduate from?
3. What does Aibileen tell Skeeter in chapter 11 her grandmother did for a living?
4. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
5. What did Robert Brown do for Aibileen in the aftermath of Treelore's death?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)