|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
(b) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(c) Editor for Harper & Row.
(d) Editor for a New York magazine.
2. Who does Hilly Holbrook set up a date for Skeeter with in chapter 5?
(a) Stuart Whitworth.
(b) Johnny Foote.
(c) Stuart Townsend.
(d) William Holbrook.
3. Who is Patricia van Devender?
(a) Stuart Whitworth's former fiancee.
(b) William Holbrook's cousin.
(c) Stuart Farnsworth's sister.
(d) Johnny Foote's mother-in-law.
4. Why does one of Aibileen's grown white children tell her he still does not drink coffee in chapter 7?
(a) She told him it would make him turn colored.
(b) She told him it would stunt his growth.
(c) She told him it would give him ulcers.
(d) She told him it would make his asthma worse.
5. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
2. What point of view is used in this novel?
3. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
4. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
5. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)