|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
(a) They think she is not good enough for Stuart.
(b) They dislike her clothing.
(c) They know about her book.
(d) They dislike her hair.
2. What does Skeeter's mother nag her about in chapter 5?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Getting a haircut.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Getting a home of her own.
3. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Playing tennis.
4. What job did Skeeter apply before in her final days at college?
(a) Copywriter for a New York magazine.
(b) Editor for Harper & Row.
(c) Copywriter for Harper & Row.
(d) Editor for a New York magazine.
5. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her treatment of Skeeter.
(b) Her treatment of Constantine.
(c) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
(d) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
2. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
3. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
4. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
5. What chronic condition does Skeeter's mother suffer from at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)