|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
(b) Dr. Neal.
2. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
(a) They know about her book.
(b) They dislike her hair.
(c) They dislike her clothing.
(d) They think she is not good enough for Stuart.
3. Why does Hilly claim that blacks and white should never attend the same school together in chapter 14?
(a) They are too different.
(b) The blacks would harm the whites.
(c) The risk of the transmission of disease.
(d) Blacks are not smart enough to keep up with whites.
4. Who was Carl Roberts?
(a) A young black man lynched from speaking out against the Mississippi governor.
(b) A white activist in Mississippi.
(c) A friend of Stuart Whitworth.
(d) A black man jailed for a sit in at a lunch counter.
5. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Celia stay in bed after the disaster at the Benefit?
2. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
3. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
4. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
5. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)