|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
(a) Hilly thinks Celia stole Minny with a promise of higher wages.
(b) Hilly thinks Celia trapped Johnny into marriage.
(c) Hilly thinks Celia has told lies about her around town.
(d) Hilly thinks Johnny cheated on her with Celia.
2. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
(a) A what not to wear list.
(b) A list of things every new bride should know.
(c) A list of skills every new mother should know.
(d) A what not to say in public list.
3. Who is waiting for Skeeter as she arrives home at the end of chapter 27?
(c) Dr. Neal.
4. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
(a) For Two-Slice Hilly.
(b) For starving children in Africa.
(c) For the spoiled housewives of Jackson.
(d) For the torn dress.
5. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
(a) A red satchel that her grandmother once used for her gardening tools.
(b) A large canvas backpack.
(c) A green army knapsack.
(d) A black attache case with a broken latch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Celia know in chapter 17 that Minny knows how to play bridge?
2. Who does Skeeter mail the chapter with Aibileen's story to in chapter 12?
3. Why does Stuart fail to greet his own parents in chapter 28 when he and Skeeter see them during a dinner out?
4. What does Aibileen reveal in chapter 12 about the kitchen in the governor's mansion?
5. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)