|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
(a) Discuss her family business.
(b) Print stories about Hilly Holbrook.
(c) Call Celia Foote.
(d) Go to the Benefit.
2. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
(b) Johnny Foote.
(c) Hilly Holbrook.
(d) Skeeter Phelan.
3. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
(a) The appearance of her sorority sister on the show.
(b) The review of Little Big Man.
(c) The newly decorated set of the show.
(d) The speculation the book was written about Jackson.
4. What are Yule May, Hilly Holbrook's maid, and her husband saving up for as she tells Aibileen in chapter 16?
(a) Tuition for their daughter to go to college.
(b) A down payment on a new house.
(c) Tuition for their twin sons to go to college.
(d) A down payment on a new car.
5. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(b) She has decided to move out of the area.
(c) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
(d) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
2. How much does Skeeter tell Aibileen Harper and Row has agreed to pay as an advance for the book?
3. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
4. What tree does Celia Foote keep threatening to cut down in her yard?
5. How old is Mae Mobley at the beginning of chapter 22?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)