|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing Aibileen admits that she admires about Hilly Holbrook in chapter 14?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her love for her husband.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her love for her children.
2. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
(a) Aibileen no longer works for the Leefolts.
(b) She has begun preschool.
(c) She has moved in with her grandmother.
(d) Aibileen spends more time with baby Ross.
3. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(a) Rebecca Whitworth.
(c) Skeeter Phelan.
(d) Eugenia Phelan.
4. What book does Skeeter steal from the white library in chapter 13 because it has been damaged and defamed?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(c) The Biography of Martin Luther King Jr.
(d) Frederick Douglass, an American Slave.
5. What does Aibileen's church give her to celebrate the publication of the book?
(a) A book signed by everyone in the church.
(b) A painted portrait.
(c) A plaque with her name on it.
(d) A new Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
2. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
3. What does Mrs. Leefolt tell Mae Mobley about using Aibileen's toilet in chapter 7?
4. What does Celia have delivered to the house that Minny thinks is homemade alcohol?
5. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)