|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys a copy of Skeeter and Aibileen's book for Hilly Holbrook?
(a) Mrs. Walters.
(c) Lou Anne.
2. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
3. How much time does Mrs. Stein cut off of Skeeter's deadline for completing her book in chapter 26?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two months.
4. When does Skeeter mail the manuscript to Harper and Row?
(a) She does not.
(b) Shortly before Christmas.
(c) Too late for the deadline.
(d) In January.
5. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(b) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
(c) Celia is angry with her again.
(d) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
2. On what day is Celia supposed to tell her husband that she has hired Minny as their maid?
3. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
4. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
5. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)