|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
(a) Johnny Foote found her in the house and fired her.
(b) Celia's mother-in-law fired her.
(c) Hilly Holbrook told Celia the truth about Minny and Celia fired her.
(d) Celia told her she was fired.
2. Why did Constantine give her daughter to an orphanage in Chicago when she was just a little girl?
(a) Constantine was hiding her from her biological father.
(b) She was ill and Constantine no longer wanted her.
(c) Constantine was single and could not care for her.
(d) Her skin was too white for her to go unnoticed in the south.
3. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
(a) Elizabeth Leefolt.
(b) Lou Anne Templeton.
(c) Skeeter Phelan.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
4. How common does Aibileen tell Skeeter it was for women to give up their children to care for white families?
(a) Not common, but it was done.
(b) Everyone did it.
(c) Very common.
5. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
(a) The War Between the States.
(b) His parents.
(c) His dead grandfather.
(d) Mississippi State.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
2. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
3. What item does Skeeter take to carrying around in chapter 11?
4. What does Skeeter's mother announce to her at the end of Chapter 28?
5. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)