|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
(a) Old clothes for charity.
(b) A stack of old books.
(c) Old clothes from her mother's house.
(d) A collection of mismatched silver.
2. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(b) Celia is angry with her again.
(c) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
(d) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
3. Why does Minny think she no longer has a job with the Footes at the end of chapter 17?
(a) Johnny Foote found her in the house and fired her.
(b) Hilly Holbrook told Celia the truth about Minny and Celia fired her.
(c) Celia told her she was fired.
(d) Celia's mother-in-law fired her.
4. What captivates Mrs. Leefolt most about People Will Talk's review of Skeeter and Aibileen's book?
(a) The review of Little Big Man.
(b) The appearance of her sorority sister on the show.
(c) The newly decorated set of the show.
(d) The speculation the book was written about Jackson.
5. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
(a) Her refusal to pay a fair wage.
(b) Her treatment of Skeeter.
(c) Her treatment of Constantine.
(d) Her affiliation with the Daughters of the Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
2. What instrument does Celia Foote use to protect Minny from a crazy, naked man in chapter 24?
3. What reason does Stuart give Skeeter in chapter 28 for not working on the oil rigs any longer?
4. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
5. Who has Skeeter pinpointed as her first interviewee for her book in chapter 8?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)