|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia tear from Hilly's dress that Hilly later insists Celia make a two hundred dollar donation to the Junior League to make up for?
(a) Her collar.
(b) Her cuff.
(c) Her skirt.
(d) Her hem.
2. When does Skeeter mail the manuscript to Harper and Row?
(a) Too late for the deadline.
(b) In January.
(c) Shortly before Christmas.
(d) She does not.
3. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
(a) She has begun working for Lou Anne.
(b) She has decided to move out of the area.
(c) She no longer works for Hilly Holbrook.
(d) She moved to Mrs. Leefolt's house.
4. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
(a) The Robert E. Lee Hotel.
(b) The Governor's Mansion.
(c) Hilly Holbrook's house.
(d) The Jackson Country Club.
5. What is Skeeter doing when she runs into Hilly Holbrook and Elizabeth Leefolt in chapter 15?
(c) Playing golf.
(d) Playing tennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia call Minny at the end of chapter 17 that makes Minny annoyed with Celia?
2. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
3. Who is Patricia van Devender?
4. What name has Aibileen chosen to use in the book she is writing with Skeeter?
5. Who did Celia's husband date before he married Celia?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)