|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Medgar Evers' murder.
(b) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(c) The March on Washington.
(d) Skeeter Phelan's book.
2. Who calls Minny at home in the beginning of chapter 26 to speak about Celia Foote?
(a) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Johnny Foote.
(d) Hilly Holbrook.
3. Under what name does Skeeter plan to publish her book?
(b) Skeeter Phelan.
(c) Eugenia Phelan.
(d) Rebecca Whitworth.
4. What new pill does Skeeter read about in the newspaper in chapter 19 that is hailed as a pill 'to help women cope with everyday challenges'?
5. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
(a) Hilly has decided to disban the Jackson League.
(b) Hilly will take over as editor of the newsletter.
(c) Hilly has thrown Skeeter out of the League.
(d) Hilly has voted to end the newsletter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Skeeter refuse to tell her mother of her break up with Stuart?
2. What does Skeeter admit caused her some disappointment at first in chapter 12?
3. Why does Stuart take back the marriage proposal he makes to Skeeter in chapter 28?
4. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
5. What ailment does Minny's son, Benny, suffer?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)