|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
(a) His parents.
(b) His dead grandfather.
(c) The War Between the States.
(d) Mississippi State.
2. What modern convenience does Skeeter's mother refuse to have added to the house as Skeeter explains in chapter 19?
(c) Air conditioning.
(d) Convection oven.
3. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
(a) The poor of Jackson.
(b) The local schools.
(c) The Starving Children of Ethiopia.
(d) Poor Starving Children of Africa.
4. Why does Minny fear for her job in chapter 24?
(a) Celia is angry with her again.
(b) Mr. Johnny is unhappy with her work.
(c) Leroy showed up at the Foote house and caused trouble.
(d) Hilly Holbrook found out she works for Celia Foote.
5. In chapter 27, why does Skeeter claim she continues to go to League meetings?
(a) She hopes Hilly will someday forgive her.
(b) Elizabeth is still her friend.
(c) She is editor of the newsletter.
(d) It is her civic duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
2. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
3. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
4. What deadline is Skeeter originally given for her book in chapter 12?
5. What does Hilly give to Aibileen after a bridge party in chapter 12?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)