|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Skeeter go in chapter 19 to cool off in the overwhelming heat?
(a) The house.
(b) The local department store.
(c) Hilly's house.
(d) The Cadillac.
2. What list does Mrs. Phelan start writing for Skeeter with the understanding that she is dying?
(a) A what not to say in public list.
(b) A what not to wear list.
(c) A list of things every new bride should know.
(d) A list of skills every new mother should know.
3. What does Skeeter push Stuart to tell her about his ex-fiancee in chapter 19 that causes some tension between them?
(a) What her feelings regarding the civil rights movement were.
(b) Whether they ever traveled together.
(c) What caused their break up.
(d) Whether they shared a bed.
4. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
(a) Print stories about Hilly Holbrook.
(b) Discuss her family business.
(c) Call Celia Foote.
(d) Go to the Benefit.
5. How many interviews with maids does the editor suggest Skeeter include in her book?
(a) Thirty or less.
(b) Twelve or more.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Twenty or more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skeeter try to give Aibileen at Elizabeth Leefolt's house that Aibileen refuses to take in chapter 8?
2. Why does Celia think Hilly does not like her, a misunderstanding she wants to clear up in chapter 25?
3. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
4. Who is Patricia van Devender?
5. Why is Mae Mobley spending less time with Aibileen in chapter 29?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)