|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is firing Aibileen.
(d) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
2. What reason does Stuart give Skeeter in chapter 28 for not working on the oil rigs any longer?
(a) He does not have the body strength anymore.
(b) He would have to leave her.
(c) He is too important to his company to get that dirty.
(d) He dislikes the work.
3. What war does Skeeter see a news report about on the television in chapter 19?
(a) Korean War.
(b) War on drugs.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
4. What appliance does Mrs. Phelan finally allow installed in her house in chapter 21 after receiving doctors orders to do so?
(a) A dish washer.
(b) A clothes washer.
(c) Air conditioning.
(d) A refrigertor.
5. What name does Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny chose for the book they are writing?
(a) Colored Domestics and their Southern Families.
(b) Southern Help.
(c) The Help.
(d) Southern Domestics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Skeeter tell her mother in chapter 28 that most of the holiday parties have been canceled?
2. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
3. What does Hilly announce at the League meeting in chapter 26 that officially cuts Skeeter out of her final tenuous attachment to Jackson social society?
4. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
5. Who shows up at Skeeter's door and surprises her in chapter 13?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)