|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Phelan tell the Whitworths Skeeter has been writing about in chapter 20?
(a) Black maids working in white households in the south.
(c) The civil rights movement.
(d) Housekeeping hints.
2. Where is the Junior League Benefit for Children held in chapter 25?
(a) Hilly Holbrook's house.
(b) The Jackson Country Club.
(c) The Robert E. Lee Hotel.
(d) The Governor's Mansion.
3. What political office is Hilly's husband running for as she announces in chapter 12?
(d) State senate.
4. Who is the Benefit to benefit?
(a) Poor Starving Children of Africa.
(b) The local schools.
(c) The poor of Jackson.
(d) The Starving Children of Ethiopia.
5. What does Minny say God would have made people if he had intended for whites and blacks to spend a large amount of time together?
(a) More open minded.
(b) Less prone to bad moods.
(c) Color blind.
(d) All the same size.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skeeter reveal she paid twenty-five dollars each to put the thirty plus toilets on Hilly's front lawn?
2. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
3. What actress does Skeeter note is on the cover of Life magazine?
4. What does Skeeter feel the Whitworth house is a museum in honor of in chapter 20?
5. What does Minny forbid Skeeter to do in chapter 17?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)