|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia write in chapter 26 on a check made out to the Junior League?
(a) For the torn dress.
(b) For the spoiled housewives of Jackson.
(c) For starving children in Africa.
(d) For Two-Slice Hilly.
2. When does Skeeter mail the manuscript to Harper and Row?
(a) Too late for the deadline.
(b) Shortly before Christmas.
(c) She does not.
(d) In January.
3. What news does Elizabeth Leefolt announce to Skeeter and Hilly in chapter 12?
(a) She is firing Aibileen.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is divorcing Raleigh.
(d) She is giving Mae Mobley up for adoption.
4. What is the main topic of conversation at a Community Concerns meeting at Aibileen's church in chapter 16?
(a) Skeeter Phelan's book.
(b) Medgar Evers' murder.
(c) Racial tensions in Jackson.
(d) The March on Washington.
5. What book idea has Skeeter proposed to Mrs. Stein in chapter 8?
(a) Interviews with black maids about their families.
(b) Interviews with black maids about their white employers.
(c) Interviews with southern women about their families.
(d) Interviews with white housewives about their black maids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pascagoula tell Skeeter in chapter 19 that no one would work for her mother except her?
2. What milestone has Mae Mobley entered in chapter 7?
3. Why does Skeeter think the maids in the state senator's house are looking at her oddly in chapter 20?
4. When Skeeter calls Aibileen in chapter 19 to tell her Yule May's decision, what does Aibileen say she was told about Yule May's working status?
5. Who is Pascagoula's cousin?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)