1. What point of view is used in this novel?
(a) Third person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
2. How many babies does Aibileen tell the reader she has cared for in her career?
3. What ailment does Mae Mobley suffer when Aibileen first begins to care for her?
(b) Chicken pox.
4. Why does Aibileen say in chapter 1 that Miss Leefolt cannot soothe her own baby?
(a) She's too inexperienced.
(b) She's too busy.
(c) She's too skittish.
(d) She's too skinny.
5. How old was Treelore when he died?
6. What kind of party does Mrs. Leefolt have in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Tupperware party.
(b) Cocktail party.
(c) Birthday party.
(d) Bridge party.
7. Why does Hilly express distaste at using Mrs. Leefolt's guest bathroom in chapter 1?
(a) It is the same bathroom the yard man uses.
(b) It is dirty.
(c) It is the same bathroom the black maid, Aibileen, uses.
(d) It is too small.
This section contains 5,451 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)