|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yun was beaten again after the authorities apprehended him in 1997, where did the tormentors focus their attack?
2. What act of humility began the unification process?
3. For how long was he sent to Da'an Prison Camp?
4. How did Yun react to a recording played during his trial?
5. Why did the court officials think that Yun may have had a change in attitude?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the miraculous circumstances of Yun's escape from prison in Chapter Twenty-Two.
2. In Chapter Twenty-Five, what did Yun describe as the difference between the Western church and the Chinese church when it came to financial giving for missions?
3. When the prison camp officials ordered the prisoners to write a plan for their lives, how was Yun encouraged to renew his walk with God?
4. In Chapter Sixteen, what were the conditions of Yun's release?
5. What devastating news did Yun hear in Chapter Twenty-Five?
6. In Chapter Seventeen, what led to Yun's next arrest?
7. If Yun could not walk due to his severe beatings, how did he escape at all?
8. What was it about his family visiting Yun in prison that made this prison stay so difficult for him?
9. In Chapter Twenty-Three, what was Yun's life like after the prison escape?
10. How did Brother Xu attempt to help Yun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the book, Brother Yun's life was filled with supernatural miracles from God that he could not explain away. Cite three different occasions when Yun believed God intervened in his life in a miraculous way, and the results of those miracles. Cite examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Yun noted that 1985 was "a powerful year" for Christianity in China. What did he mean by this? Discuss how the attitudes of some of his guards began to change, and note what you think might cause those changes. Was the attitude of the government changing as well? Discuss two different circumstances where Yun was shown that the intolerance towards Christianity might be waning.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter Twenty-Three, Yun escaped from prison. What was his life like on the run? Provide some specific examples from the book showing how Yun believed God miraculously intervened in his life to protect him and get him out of China.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)