|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yun go when his work with the doctor's family was finished?
2. Why were Deling and Yun's mother ridiculed by their neighbors?
3. Yun heard that his mother died in what year?
4. Who was Father Yu?
5. When Yun got home after being released from prison, what was he immediately asked to do by the Christians who had been waiting for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-One, Deling was jailed with Yun. How did their children avoid being taken by the government?
2. Explain the miraculous circumstances of Yun's escape from prison in Chapter Twenty-Two.
3. In Chapter Twenty-Three, what was Yun's life like after the prison escape?
4. In Chapter Twenty-Five, what did Yun describe as the difference between the Western church and the Chinese church when it came to financial giving for missions?
5. What devastating news did Yun hear in Chapter Twenty-Five?
6. How did Brother Xu attempt to help Yun?
7. If Yun could not walk due to his severe beatings, how did he escape at all?
8. In Chapter Fourteen, Yun went to trial. How was his devotional book, "Streams in the Desert" used to help him stay faithful to his fellow Christians on the outside?
9. In Chapter Seventeen, what led to Yun's next arrest?
10. What was the Prophet Samuel Training Centre?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Because Yun spent so much time is prison, his family suffered as well. Discuss in an essay how prison effected:
1) His marriage
2) His children
3) His family's reputation.
Cite examples from the book to support your view.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Six, Yun described a miraculous escape from prison. Look up an account in the Bible found in Acts Chapter 12, verses 6-11, where Peter escapes from prison. Compare and contrast Yun's escape with Peter's escape. What things are similar? What things are different?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Marie Monsen, and why did Yun admire her? Discuss from the book why Yun was upset that there's no tombstone for her grave, and what Yun did about it.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)