|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Seventeen, why was Yun arrested again?
(a) He ignored a vision and advice from Deling and his co-workers.
(b) He was caught handing out Bibles.
(c) A friend turned him in.
(d) He broke the conditions of his release.
2. What did Brother Xu and Brother Musheng have to do with Yun's escape from prison?
(a) They prayed for Yun's escape.
(b) They hid him.
(c) They unlocked the gates.
(d) They took him to safety.
3. For how long was he sent to Da'an Prison Camp?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six years.
4. After Yun's beatings in prison in 1997, how did he get to the torture chamber for more beatings?
(a) Others had to carry him.
(b) He crawled.
(c) He walked, dragging his legs.
(d) He couldn't go.
5. What happened to Yun's mother when she tried to bring the harvest in?
(a) The cart turned over and she was injured.
(b) She was attacked by police.
(c) She stumbled and broke her foot.
(d) She found a Bible hidden in the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yun described aid for the Christians that came from what source?
2. Who was Father Yu?
3. Why did Yun feel that the Church in China was not complacent?
4. Where did Yun go when his work with the doctor's family was finished?
5. What did Yun say was common for Western Christians to give in an offering for missionaries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it about his family visiting Yun in prison that made this prison stay so difficult for him?
2. In Chapter Twenty, how did the church experience disunity?
3. If Yun could not walk due to his severe beatings, how did he escape at all?
4. How did Yun eventually end up hospitalized in a German refugee detention center?
5. In Chapter Fourteen, Yun went to trial. How was his devotional book, "Streams in the Desert" used to help him stay faithful to his fellow Christians on the outside?
6. In Chapter Eighteen, how did Yun and Chaun become "unofficial pastors" of the prison?
7. In Chapter Twenty-Five, what did Yun describe as the difference between the Western church and the Chinese church when it came to financial giving for missions?
8. In Chapter Twenty-Three, what was Yun's life like after the prison escape?
9. How did Brother Xu reach out to unify the Christians?
10. How did Brother Xu attempt to help Yun?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)