|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act of humility began the unification process?
(a) A sincere apology.
(b) A written letter of apology.
(c) A public admittance of failure.
(d) Foot washing.
2. How did Yun get past the guards of the prison for his escape?
(a) He left with a guard.
(b) He disguised himself.
(c) He hid in a laundry basket.
(d) They just let him pass.
3. What reason does Isaac give for being tormented at school?
(a) Because he was Yun's son.
(b) Because his clothes were worn out.
(c) Because he was a Christian.
(d) Because his mother had to work in the fields.
4. Why did the court officials think that Yun may have had a change in attitude?
(a) He admitted the items held in evidence were his.
(b) He was willing to turn in other Christians.
(c) He wept on the stand.
(d) He said he was sorry.
5. When foreign teachers became common, what stipulation did Yun put on those who wanted to teach?
(a) They had to report to the West what was happening in China.
(b) They had to teach for more than two hours.
(c) They had to teach against the Chinese government.
(d) They had to bring Bibles for everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Yun go to when he got out of China?
2. According to Yun, what would an average Chinese Christian give in an offering for missions?
3. For how long was he sent to Da'an Prison Camp?
4. Where did Yun go when his work with the doctor's family was finished?
5. After his hospitalization, where was Yun held after he crossed the border out of China?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Yun was in prison, his wife and mother worked their family fields. What did they do, and what was the result?
2. How did Yun eventually end up hospitalized in a German refugee detention center?
3. How did the Christians begin to help people who violated the "one child law" as Yun and Deling had?
4. In Chapter Fifteen, Yun met Father Yu at the prison camp. Who was he and what did he do upon his own release?
5. In Chapter Fourteen, Yun went to trial. How was his devotional book, "Streams in the Desert" used to help him stay faithful to his fellow Christians on the outside?
6. What did Yun say was the difference between the Western church and the Chinese church as far as sermon content?
7. Explain the miraculous circumstances of Yun's escape from prison in Chapter Twenty-Two.
8. In Chapter Nineteen, Yun had a realization about family and ministry. What was it?
9. What devastating news did Yun hear in Chapter Twenty-Five?
10. In Chapter Twenty-One, Deling was jailed with Yun. How did their children avoid being taken by the government?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)