|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yun go after his beating?
(a) Hubei Province.
(b) Shangnan County.
(d) To hide in the mountains.
2. What caused Deling's miscarriage?
(a) Prison conditions.
(b) An accident in the street.
(c) A bad diet.
(d) The stress of constantly running from the police.
3. The murderer accepted Christ, and wrote a letter to his parents. What did he do when he ran out of ink?
(a) He finished the letter in his own blood.
(b) He traded a meal for a pen.
(c) He stole a pen from the prison guard.
(d) He carved the end of the letter in his prison bunk.
4. What happened when Christians prayed for Sister Zhi's boy?
(a) The whole town became believers.
(b) Sister Zhi's family became angry.
(c) The boy was healed and his father became a believer.
(d) Nothing happened.
5. What was the local Christians' response to Yun when he visited them in the Hubei Province?
(a) There were no Christians in Hubei Province.
(b) They were fearful.
(c) They were happy to help in any way possible.
(d) They took up an offering to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the murderer placed in Yun's care in prison?
2. What did Yun and his family share in prison?
3. What was Yun's roommate's response to the Gospel after witnessing Yun's life?
4. What was the prevailing attitude towards Christianity in China when Brother Yen was a boy?
5. Yun fasted for how long?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news did Deling bring to Yun when she visited him? What were her friends urging her to do?
2. How did Deling show her faithfulness to Yun when she was encouraged by some to divorce him?
3. In Chapter Eight, how did Yun earn his nickname of "Heavenly Man"?
4. In Chapter 2, Deling described her own childhood, including her own healing. What did she say God had done in her life?
5. Why did Yun fear the government's Three-Self Church?
6. What was the reaction of the man in Yun's vision when he learned that Yun would come to his village and teach?
7. What happened when Yun and Deling went to apply for a marriage license?
8. Once in jail, the authorities bound Yun and left him in a room while they tried to determine his identity. How did Yun escape?
9. In 1983, many church leaders were arrested in what Yun called a "crime wave." How was Yun persecuted and humiliated following his arrest in Shangnan County?
10. Why were there no Bibles for Yun to read?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)