|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Yun prayed to God to take him to heaven after a severe beating?
(a) He went to heaven for a brief time.
(b) He realized that any way God chose to use him was a gift.
(c) He felt that God abandoned him.
(d) God told him "No."
2. How did the Christians view the act by Zhang's brother?
(a) As God's judgement.
(b) As an act of insanity.
(c) As a crime againt humanity.
(d) As a reason to retaliate.
3. What was the name of the murderer placed in Yun's care in prison?
4. Why did the man on a bicycle bring Yun a Bible?
(a) The Daoist priest told him that Yun needed a Bible.
(b) He read in the newspaper that Yun needed a Bible.
(c) God instructed him in a vision to take the Bible to Yun.
(d) A neighbor told him Yun needed a Bible.
5. How did Yun speak of God's miracles in his life?
(a) He downplayed them.
(b) He said that if you didn't experience miracles, then you weren't really a Christian.
(c) He tried to explain them logically.
(d) Only that they happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name Yun gives the police?
2. What was the name of Yun's baby boy?
3. A Christian group was arrested by a man named Zhang, whose brother was mentally ill. What had this brother done?
4. Why wasn't the man there who was expected at his house after teaching?
5. When Yun was arrested in 1981, the car taking him to jail had a flat tire. What happened after that?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Eleven, both Deling and Yun's mother had the same vision on the same night. What was it?
2. Why was Yun's first preaching experience so unusual?
3. How did Yun believe God protected him when he was found after sleeping in a cornfield?
4. Why were there no Bibles for Yun to read?
5. In Chapter Thirteen, Yun was placed in charge of a murderer named Huang, who continually tried to kill himself and hurt the guards. How did Yun react to him?
6. How did Deling show her faithfulness to Yun when she was encouraged by some to divorce him?
7. On the eve of his execution, Huang wrote a letter to his parents. What did it say, and how did he write it?
8. In Chapter 1, how did the illness and recovery of Yun's father affect Yun's life and the lives of his family and friends?
9. In 1983, many church leaders were arrested in what Yun called a "crime wave." How was Yun persecuted and humiliated following his arrest in Shangnan County?
10. In Chapter Seven, Yun experienced a reaction from the Christians in Hubei Province that was different than what he was used to. Explain what happened there.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)