|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yun told a story about a woman named Sister Zhi. Where did she live?
(a) Iron Buddhist Temple.
(b) Hubei Province.
(c) Lio Lau Zhuang.
(d) Gao Village.
2. In Chapter Twelve, Yun was beaten again, but preached to other prisoners afterward. What was the outcome?
(a) One prisoner accepted Christ.
(b) The guards found out and punished him.
(c) He led them in a mass revival in the prison.
(d) The prisoners turned on Yun and reported him.
3. Why did Deling's mother choose Yun for her daughter to marry?
(a) Yun was the only unmarried man in the village.
(b) Yun's family had wealth.
(c) She wanted Deling to marry a preacher.
(d) She knew that Yun would give Deling a good life.
4. What was the final outcome for Zhang's family?
(a) They left the area in shame.
(b) They turned in Zhang's brother to the police.
(c) They all accepted Christ.
(d) They were all sent to prison.
5. Deling had what disease as a girl?
(a) Hodgkin's Disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Yun dislike the government church?
2. A Christian group was arrested by a man named Zhang, whose brother was mentally ill. What had this brother done?
3. Yun was first arrested when he did what?
4. What happened when Christians prayed for Sister Zhi's boy?
5. When Yun's mother decided to pray, to whom did she pray?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, how did Yun earn his nickname of "Heavenly Man"?
2. How did Deling's mother come to choose Yun as a husband for her daughter? What was she looking for?
3. On the eve of his execution, Huang wrote a letter to his parents. What did it say, and how did he write it?
4. Why did Yun fear the government's Three-Self Church?
5. In Chapter Eight, what did he mean when Yun yelled to his followers that he wasn't "a Judas"?
6. In Chapter Thirteen, Yun was placed in charge of a murderer named Huang, who continually tried to kill himself and hurt the guards. How did Yun react to him?
7. How did Yun begin his study of the Bible?
8. In Chapter Twelve, the authorities severely beat Yun. Were the Chinese officials succeeding in squelching the spread of the Gospel? What happened in the prison?
9. How did Yun believe God protected him when he was found after sleeping in a cornfield?
10. Once in jail, the authorities bound Yun and left him in a room while they tried to determine his identity. How did Yun escape?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)