|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Brother Yun's family members was diagnosed with cancer?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
2. The first time Yun went to preach, which book of the Bible did he recite from memory?
3. What were Yun's mother and Deling's visions about in Chapter Eleven?
(a) The police were coming.
(b) Yun's safety.
(c) Someone who needed help.
(d) The death of a friend.
4. While Yun was in prison, Deling gave birth to a son. Who named Yun's son?
(b) Yun's mother.
(d) The village elder.
5. When told of the outcome of the family's prayer, what was the reaction of the friends and family?
(a) They were angry at having been deceived.
(b) They called the police.
(c) Many came to a belief in God.
(d) They didn't believe it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yun was arrested, forced to carry a cross, and led through the streets, what was his announced crime?
2. What was the final outcome for Zhang's family?
3. Where did Sister Zhi's husband work?
4. Why was Yun's roommate moved to another cell?
5. When Deling was young, what disease affected her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, a man named Li was put in Yun's cell with him. How did he become a Christian?
2. On the eve of his execution, Huang wrote a letter to his parents. What did it say, and how did he write it?
3. In Chapter Twelve, the authorities severely beat Yun. Were the Chinese officials succeeding in squelching the spread of the Gospel? What happened in the prison?
4. In Chapter Seven, Yun experienced a reaction from the Christians in Hubei Province that was different than what he was used to. Explain what happened there.
5. In Chapter 1, how did the illness and recovery of Yun's father affect Yun's life and the lives of his family and friends?
6. In 1983, many church leaders were arrested in what Yun called a "crime wave." How was Yun persecuted and humiliated following his arrest in Shangnan County?
7. Did Yun's constant beatings and sufferings in prison make his faith in God waver?
8. What happened when Yun and Deling went to apply for a marriage license?
9. In Chapter 2, Deling described her own childhood, including her own healing. What did she say God had done in her life?
10. Why were there no Bibles for Yun to read?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)