|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yun sought unification in the Church, what was the result?
(a) Many Christians joined the Three-Self Church.
(b) He was met with opposition.
(c) He brought all sides together.
(d) He angered the Christians.
2. In Chapter Fifteen, what happened to Yun when the prison warden realized the real reason Yun was in prison?
(a) He was granted more prison visitors.
(b) He was given half his food rations.
(c) He was given another beating.
(d) He was taken off the most difficult jobs.
3. At Yun's trial, what did he listen to as evidence against him?
(a) A recording of himself preaching.
(b) A testimony from his preacher friend.
(c) Deling's voice pleading for his return.
(d) An eyewitness account of his crimes.
4. What happened when Yun and others prayed for four men to be delivered from demons?
(a) Yun could not help the men.
(b) The men would not let Yun pray for them.
(c) Three were delivered immediately, one was healed later.
(d) All four men were delivered immediately.
5. How did the Christians react when families violated the One-Child Law and were persecuted?
(a) They hid expectant mothers and helped the children whenever possible.
(b) They sent the families out of the country.
(c) They ridiculed them publicly.
(d) They report families like law-abiding citizens.
6. Why did Yun think he was in trouble when called by the prison education director?
(a) Because he had written damaging things in a letter to Deling.
(b) Because he had been playing gospel music over the prison loudspeaker.
(c) Because someone saw him with a Bible.
(d) Because he had spoken out against the guards.
7. Yun heard that his mother died in what year?
8. What did Father Yu do after his time in prison?
(a) He became a bishop in the underground Catholic Church.
(b) He left China.
(c) He was never seen again.
(d) He warned the prison officials of Yun's activities.
9. When Yun got home after being released from prison, what was he immediately asked to do by the Christians who had been waiting for him?
(a) Take care of his mother's farm.
(b) Go many places to preach and teach.
(c) Minister to the remaining prisoners.
(d) Travel out of China.
10. What act of humility began the unification process?
(a) Foot washing.
(b) A public admittance of failure.
(c) A sincere apology.
(d) A written letter of apology.
11. What did Brother Xu and Brother Musheng have to do with Yun's escape from prison?
(a) They hid him.
(b) They took him to safety.
(c) They unlocked the gates.
(d) They prayed for Yun's escape.
12. After his hospitalization, where was Yun held after he crossed the border out of China?
(a) In a German prison.
(b) In a refugee detention center.
(c) At the local police station.
(d) In a prison.
13. What was the condition of Yun's release?
(a) There were no conditions.
(b) He had to stay at home unless he had permission to leave.
(c) He had to remain in his village unless he had permission to leave.
(d) He had to agree to halt all Christian activity.
14. To whom is Yun introduced in the meeting with the prison education director?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A lawyer.
15. Why could Yun not preach after his escape?
(a) His wife was against it.
(b) The authorities would punish anyone found helping him.
(c) His illness prevented him from doing so.
(d) He could not find his Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Yun's sentence to the Xinyang Prison Labour Camp?
2. How did Yun's mother die?
3. Why did Yun feel that the Church in China was not complacent?
4. What was the name of Yun's second child?
5. Where was Yun when he heard his mother died?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)