|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Yun not preach after his escape?
(a) His wife was against it.
(b) He could not find his Bible.
(c) The authorities would punish anyone found helping him.
(d) His illness prevented him from doing so.
2. When Yun was beaten again after the authorities apprehended him in 1997, where did the tormentors focus their attack?
(a) On Yun's legs.
(b) On Yun's back.
(c) On Yun's hands.
(d) On Yun's head.
3. What finally encouraged Yun to attempt the escape from prison?
(a) A letter from a Christian friend.
(b) A vision from God.
(c) A Scripture verse.
(d) An unlocked door.
4. How did Deling smuggle pieces of a Bible to Yun?
(a) She bribed a prison guard.
(b) In a baked loaf of bread.
(c) She stitched it in the hem of a blanket.
(d) She hid it in a shoe.
5. How did the verse strengthen Yun's resolve?
(a) He gathered his strength for additional beatings.
(b) He knew he would be with his family soon.
(c) He vowed not to answer any questions about other Christians.
(d) He was determined to share the Gospel with everyone.
6. When Deling was released from prison, which family member did she meet with who worried about the future?
(b) Yun's mother.
(d) Yun's brother-in-law.
7. Yun described aid for the Christians that came from what source?
(a) Foreign countries.
(b) The underground churches.
(c) The families of imprisoned Christians.
(d) The Chinese government.
8. Why does China have a "one-child law"?
(a) Water shortage.
(b) Food shortage.
(d) Too many Christians.
9. How long was Yun's sentence to the Xinyang Prison Labour Camp?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Seven years.
10. Why did the court officials think that Yun may have had a change in attitude?
(a) He said he was sorry.
(b) He admitted the items held in evidence were his.
(c) He wept on the stand.
(d) He was willing to turn in other Christians.
11. What reason does Isaac give for being tormented at school?
(a) Because his clothes were worn out.
(b) Because he was Yun's son.
(c) Because he was a Christian.
(d) Because his mother had to work in the fields.
12. What country did Yun go to when he got out of China?
13. After his hospitalization, where was Yun held after he crossed the border out of China?
(a) In a German prison.
(b) At the local police station.
(c) In a refugee detention center.
(d) In a prison.
14. Yun heard that his mother died in what year?
15. In 1997, what happened when Yun attempted to flee from authorities?
(a) Some neighboring farmers hid him.
(b) He tried to jump out of a window and was injured.
(c) The police tazed him.
(d) He walked right through the crowd without harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of agreement did Yun have to sign to be released from prison?
2. What was included in that aid that began to cause division in the church?
3. What word did Yun use to describe the Western church?
4. What did Yun say was common for Western Christians to give in an offering for missionaries?
5. In Chapter Twenty-Two, even though Yun was unable to walk, someone encouraged Yun to escape from prison. Who was it?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)