|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yun and his family share in prison?
(a) The blankets they brought.
(b) Some smuggled candy.
(c) Their favorite Bible verses.
(d) The Lord's Supper.
2. What happened when Christians prayed for Sister Zhi's boy?
(a) The whole town became believers.
(b) The boy was healed and his father became a believer.
(c) Nothing happened.
(d) Sister Zhi's family became angry.
3. What caused Yun's family to become destitute and beg for food?
(a) A rice famine.
(b) The cost of medicine.
(c) Thieves stole everything they owned.
(d) A tsumani ravaged the area.
4. What happened when Yun's mother and children prayed for healing?
(a) Some symptoms subsided.
(b) The family was publicly ridiculed.
(c) Yun's father miraculously recovered.
5. Yun instead told his captors what?
(a) That Christians would never stop preaching.
(b) That prison would not stop him.
(c) He would reflect on his past if he could recouperate.
(d) That Jesus was coming soon and to prepare.
6. Why did the man on a bicycle bring Yun a Bible?
(a) The Daoist priest told him that Yun needed a Bible.
(b) He read in the newspaper that Yun needed a Bible.
(c) A neighbor told him Yun needed a Bible.
(d) God instructed him in a vision to take the Bible to Yun.
7. What type of person did the family call for a cure for the cancer?
(a) The family doctor.
(b) A Daoist priest.
(c) A cancer specialist.
(d) A witch doctor.
8. How old was Yun when first arrested?
9. What did the family believe was causing the cancer?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) A demon.
(c) Improper diet.
(d) Radiation poisoning.
10. Why wasn't Yun arrested with the 120 others at one meeting?
(a) He went to sleep in the cornfield.
(b) He outran the police.
(c) He showed his official papers.
(d) He wore a disguise and couldn't be recognized.
11. How did Yun escape when he was bound and left alone while the authorities tried to learn his identity?
(a) He ran out the door and into the street.
(b) He hid under a mound of clothing.
(c) The ropes snapped of their own accord.
(d) He dug a tunnel.
12. At home, while Yun was in prison, what was Deling being urged to do?
(a) Preach in the smaller towns.
(b) Sell her farm.
(c) Get an abortion.
(d) Come and live at the prison.
13. Yun fasted for how long?
(a) Forty days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Thirty-eight days.
14. When Deling was young, what disease affected her mother?
15. What was the name of the government controlled church?
(a) The People's Church.
(b) Three-Person Church.
(c) Three-Self Church.
(d) Two-Self Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Yun taken to the hospital?
2. How did prison officials persuade the other prisoners to tell on Yun?
3. Why was Yun unhappy when he visited Monsen's grave in Norway?
4. What was Yun's roommate's response to the Gospel after witnessing Yun's life?
5. What was Deling's first reaction when she saw Yun in prison?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)