|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Yun have to be carried into the interrogation room after his fast?
(a) He was too weak to walk.
(b) He was too ill.
(c) He had been beaten.
(d) His feet hurt.
2. Yun instead told his captors what?
(a) He would reflect on his past if he could recouperate.
(b) That prison would not stop him.
(c) That Christians would never stop preaching.
(d) That Jesus was coming soon and to prepare.
3. Why did Yun refuse to give his name to the authorities?
(a) To suffer for the name of Christ.
(b) To protect his own people.
(c) He feared he would be beaten or killed if they knew his identity.
(d) He feared his wife would get arrested, too.
4. What happened when Christians prayed for Sister Zhi's boy?
(a) Sister Zhi's family became angry.
(b) The boy was healed and his father became a believer.
(c) The whole town became believers.
(d) Nothing happened.
5. What were Yun's mother and Deling's visions about in Chapter Eleven?
(a) The death of a friend.
(b) The police were coming.
(c) Yun's safety.
(d) Someone who needed help.
6. What did Yun want to tell his captors?
(a) That they were going to hell.
(b) That Jesus died for them.
(c) That he was sorry.
(d) That he would never stop preaching.
7. Why was reading the Bible such a painstaking task for Yun when he first received his Bible?
(a) He did not understand all the characters and had to look them up.
(b) The Bible was in pieces and was hard to put together.
(c) The type hurt his eyes.
(d) The Bible was in a language Yun did not understand.
8. What did the family believe was causing the cancer?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) Radiation poisoning.
(c) Improper diet.
(d) A demon.
9. When Deling was young, what disease affected her mother?
10. What convinced Yun's mother that Yun should go and teach others?
(a) A man came to the house dressed exactly as Yun said he would be.
(b) Yun's mother saw a vision from God that showed Yun teaching.
(c) Yun convinced his mother using Bible verses.
(d) Yun's mother never really agreed that he should teach.
11. To whom did Yun give credit for establishing Christianity in China?
(a) Hudson Taylor.
(b) James, the Apostle.
(c) Maria Monsen.
(d) David Livingstone.
12. What happened when Yun prayed to God to take him to heaven after a severe beating?
(a) God told him "No."
(b) He felt that God abandoned him.
(c) He went to heaven for a brief time.
(d) He realized that any way God chose to use him was a gift.
13. Yun was first arrested when he did what?
(a) Taught a Bible study to children.
(b) Applied for a marriage license.
(c) Preached in the town square.
(d) Threw a rock at a policeman.
14. How did prison officials persuade the other prisoners to tell on Yun?
(a) By threatening extra beatings.
(b) By offering extra food rations to informants.
(c) By offering lenient sentences to informants.
(d) By offering extra visiting privileges to informants.
15. What was the "food" Yun told his family that he wanted?
(a) Help for his fellow prisoners.
(b) More bread.
(c) That they share the Gospel.
(d) That Deling keep his mother safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the government controlled church?
2. In Chapter Twelve, Yun was beaten again, but preached to other prisoners afterward. What was the outcome?
3. Yun told a story about a woman named Sister Zhi. Where did she live?
4. While Yun was in jail, Deling was pressured to do what?
5. Why did Deling's mother choose Yun for her daughter to marry?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)