|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Christians prayed for Sister Zhi's boy?
(a) Nothing happened.
(b) Sister Zhi's family became angry.
(c) The whole town became believers.
(d) The boy was healed and his father became a believer.
2. To whom did Yun give credit for establishing Christianity in China?
(a) James, the Apostle.
(b) David Livingstone.
(c) Hudson Taylor.
(d) Maria Monsen.
3. What reason did Zhang's brother give for this heinous act?
(a) He was depressed.
(b) Satan was commanding him to do it.
(c) Buddha was angry with him.
(d) Zhang was persecuting Christians.
4. What did the family believe was causing the cancer?
(a) A demon.
(b) Improper diet.
(c) Radiation poisoning.
(d) Bad luck.
5. How did the guards responsible for beating Yun react to his hospitalization?
(a) They told the other prisoners that Yun had died.
(b) They were uncaring.
(c) The guards were concerned that they would be in trouble if Yun died.
(d) They came to know Christ.
6. What type of person did the family call for a cure for the cancer?
(a) The family doctor.
(b) A Daoist priest.
(c) A witch doctor.
(d) A cancer specialist.
7. What was Yun's roommate's response to the Gospel after witnessing Yun's life?
(a) He made a commitment to Christ.
(b) He ignored Yun.
(c) He turned Yun over to the guards.
(d) He became physically abusive.
8. What was Yun told to do when he told of his desire to own a Bible?
(a) Go to the nearest city to buy one.
(b) Pray for one.
(c) Join a church.
(d) Ask the local priest.
9. How did Yun get over the wall?
(a) He stacked trash cans and climbed them.
(b) He used a rope left there by a friend.
(c) He climbed partway and was hoisted over the wall to safety.
(d) He used the gate which was open.
10. Why was reading the Bible such a painstaking task for Yun when he first received his Bible?
(a) The type hurt his eyes.
(b) The Bible was in pieces and was hard to put together.
(c) He did not understand all the characters and had to look them up.
(d) The Bible was in a language Yun did not understand.
11. What comforted Yun as he continued to be persecuted?
(a) Jesus comforted him.
(b) The fact that the Gospel was being preached.
(c) The fact that his family was safe.
(d) The fact that many predecessors had also been persecuted.
12. What was the local Christians' response to Yun when he visited them in the Hubei Province?
(a) They took up an offering to help.
(b) There were no Christians in Hubei Province.
(c) They were happy to help in any way possible.
(d) They were fearful.
13. What news did Deling bring to Yun in prison?
(a) There had been more arrests from their church.
(b) Her father died.
(c) She tried to obtain his release through letters.
(d) She was pregnant.
14. What was Deling's first reaction when she saw Yun in prison?
(a) She did not recognize him.
(b) She was angered that he had been beaten.
(c) She broke down and wept.
(d) She felt physically ill.
15. Yun told a story about a woman named Sister Zhi. Where did she live?
(a) Lio Lau Zhuang.
(b) Hubei Province.
(c) Gao Village.
(d) Iron Buddhist Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Deling's mother choose Yun for her daughter to marry?
2. The first time Yun went to preach, which book of the Bible did he recite from memory?
3. What happened when Yun wanted to read a Bible himself?
4. Why wasn't Yun arrested with the 120 others at one meeting?
5. What was the final outcome for Zhang's family?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)