|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When told of the outcome of the family's prayer, what was the reaction of the friends and family?
(a) They were angry at having been deceived.
(b) Many came to a belief in God.
(c) They called the police.
(d) They didn't believe it.
2. Yun was first arrested when he did what?
(a) Preached in the town square.
(b) Threw a rock at a policeman.
(c) Applied for a marriage license.
(d) Taught a Bible study to children.
3. Who became the accepted spiritual leader of this group of new believers?
(b) Yun's father.
(c) Yun's mother.
(d) Yun's brother.
4. Brother Yun was born in the Henan Province of China in what year?
5. What was the "food" Yun told his family that he wanted?
(a) That they share the Gospel.
(b) That Deling keep his mother safe.
(c) More bread.
(d) Help for his fellow prisoners.
6. What news did Deling bring to Yun in prison?
(a) Her father died.
(b) She was pregnant.
(c) There had been more arrests from their church.
(d) She tried to obtain his release through letters.
7. How did Yun get over the wall?
(a) He climbed partway and was hoisted over the wall to safety.
(b) He used a rope left there by a friend.
(c) He stacked trash cans and climbed them.
(d) He used the gate which was open.
8. What miracle happened on the way home from Yun's first teaching experience?
(a) The sun rolled across the sky.
(b) The sun darkened.
(c) A beggar by the roadside was healed.
(d) The long walk home was accomplished in minutes.
9. What was the name of the man in the cell with Yun in Chapter Ten?
10. How did Sister Zhi's husband help Yun?
(a) He wrote letters to the prison warden.
(b) He intervened for him at the prison.
(c) He gave Yun's family free food.
(d) He helped Deling with the farming.
11. Why was reading the Bible such a painstaking task for Yun when he first received his Bible?
(a) The Bible was in pieces and was hard to put together.
(b) He did not understand all the characters and had to look them up.
(c) The type hurt his eyes.
(d) The Bible was in a language Yun did not understand.
12. When Yun was arrested, forced to carry a cross, and led through the streets, what was his announced crime?
(a) Preaching, disturbing the peace, and confusing people.
(b) Insubordination of authorities.
(c) Crimes against the State.
(d) Telling lies and leading people to the devil.
13. The first time Yun went to preach, which book of the Bible did he recite from memory?
14. How old was Yun when first arrested?
15. Yun described a time in 1983 during which many church leaders are arrested as what?
(a) "The people's persecution."
(b) "Suffering for Jesus."
(d) "Crime wave."
Short Answer Questions
1. A Christian group was arrested by a man named Zhang, whose brother was mentally ill. What had this brother done?
2. What were Yun's mother and Deling's visions about in Chapter Eleven?
3. What did Yun and his family share in prison?
4. While Yun was in prison, Deling gave birth to a son. Who named Yun's son?
5. To whom did Yun give credit for establishing Christianity in China?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)