|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Harriett not blamed for the headless cupid?
2. What makes the initiation most interesting?
3. What caused the poltergeist to stop appearing?
4. What does David refer to his reptile as?
5. Who will be out of the house on initiation day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led Molly to call Mr. Golanski?
2. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
3. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
4. What makes David angry during the initiation?
5. What causes Tesser to sleep in Molly's bed?
6. What makes Amanda angry during the initiation?
7. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
8. What happens to a painting one night in the Westerly House?
9. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
10. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Stanleys accomplish their ordeals and what does this indicate about them?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)