|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is burning during the initiation?
2. How does Mr. Golanski get to the house so fast?
3. Where does something appear during the seance?
4. Where does Amanda like to go to think about things?
5. When does Amanda show herself while thinking about the poltergeist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes David angry during the initiation?
2. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
3. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
4. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
5. What is the first thing about the Westerly house that interests Amanda?
6. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
7. Why does Amanda choose a particular day for the initiation ceremony?
8. What ability does David think Mr. Golanksi has?
9. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
10. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)