|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amanda act the day after the initiation?
2. Who will be out of the house on initiation day?
3. Where does something appear during the seance?
4. What did the medium say about the Westerly House?
5. What does David expect from the initiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
2. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
3. What is the first thing about the Westerly house that interests Amanda?
4. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
5. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
6. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
7. What happens to a painting one night in the Westerly House?
8. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
9. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
10. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Witchcraft was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)