|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls asleep during the seance?
2. How does David know his father would approach magical things?
3. What does Amanda ban the children from while she prepares for the initiation?
4. Why does Amanda think the poltergeist has returned?
5. Who finds Janie's sacrifice after the initiation?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Witchcraft was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)