|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes into a trance during the seance?
2. What is Mr. Golanski's occupation?
3. Why does Amanda think the poltergeist has returned?
4. Where does something appear during the seance?
5. When does Amanda show herself while thinking about the poltergeist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
2. What are the requirements for the ceremonial garb?
3. What makes David angry during the initiation?
4. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
5. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
6. What causes Tesser to sleep in Molly's bed?
7. Why does Amanda choose a particular day for the initiation ceremony?
8. What led Molly to call Mr. Golanski?
9. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
10. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)