|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair say happened to him during the seance?
2. How does Amanda feel when Janie gets her sacrifice back?
3. Who hired the medium for the Westerly House?
4. Where does Amanda like to go to think about things?
5. What do neophytes have to create for themselves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in this book , and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Witchcraft was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)