|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appeared all over the house after the Westerly House was built?
2. What makes David squirm with his reptile?
3. What does David refer to his reptile as?
4. What does Blair say he learned about during the seance?
5. What causes Mr. Golanski to get annoyed with Amanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
2. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
3. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
4. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
5. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
6. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
7. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
8. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
9. What are the requirements for the ceremonial garb?
10. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Stanleys accomplish their ordeals and what does this indicate about them?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)