|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David know his father would approach magical things?
2. What does Amanda teach David about after Mr. Golanski leaves?
3. Which of the following do NOT have to be collected by neophytes?
4. What makes David squirm with his reptile?
5. What does Tesser refuse to do during the initiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
2. Why does Amanda choose a particular day for the initiation ceremony?
3. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
4. What causes Tesser to sleep in Molly's bed?
5. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
6. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
7. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
8. What makes Amanda angry during the initiation?
9. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
10. What led Molly to call Mr. Golanski?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Stanleys accomplish their ordeals and what does this indicate about them?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)