|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the poltergeist to stop appearing?
2. What causes Amanda to ask Mr. Golanski so many questions?
3. How many people were with Harriett when the cupid lost its head?
4. What does Amanda teach David about after Mr. Golanski leaves?
5. How does David know his father would approach magical things?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes David angry during the initiation?
2. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
3. What is the first thing about the Westerly house that interests Amanda?
4. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
5. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
6. What causes Tesser to sleep in Molly's bed?
7. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
8. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
9. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
10. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Zilpha Keatley Snyder in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)