|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesser refuse to do during the initiation?
2. What does Blair say happened to him during the seance?
3. How old was Harriett when she got involved with the poltergeist?
4. What causes Mr. Golanski to get annoyed with Amanda?
5. Who caused the headless cupid?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
2. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
3. What ability does David think Mr. Golanksi has?
4. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
5. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
6. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
7. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
8. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
9. What makes David angry during the initiation?
10. What led Molly to call Mr. Golanski?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)