|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to notice items from the poltergeist?
2. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything about the seance?
3. What makes David squirm with his reptile?
4. Who goes into a trance during the seance?
5. How does David know his father would approach magical things?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the requirements for the ceremonial garb?
2. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
3. What connection does Mr. Golanski have with the Westerly House?
4. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
5. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
6. What makes David angry during the initiation?
7. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
8. What led Molly to call Mr. Golanski?
9. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
10. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Stanleys accomplish their ordeals and what does this indicate about them?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)