|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair say he learned about during the seance?
2. Why do the children climb on the piano during one of the ordeals?
3. What did the Westerly parents do after talking to the medium?
4. What do neophytes have to create for themselves?
5. What makes David squirm with his reptile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
2. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
3. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
4. What connection does Mr. Golanski have with the Westerly House?
5. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
6. What makes David angry during the initiation?
7. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
8. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
9. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
10. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Witchcraft was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 2
David performed many acts of service for his family in this book that would not be expected of most children his age. What are some of the most significant examples of this service, and how did these events affects the characters involved in them?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)