|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David meet Amanda after she has been gone all day?
2. What does Amanda have planned for the day after the initiation?
3. How does Amanda react to the clothing worn to the initiation?
4. What did the Westerly parents do after talking to the medium?
5. What is burning during the initiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
2. What ability does David think Mr. Golanksi has?
3. What connection does Mr. Golanski have with the Westerly House?
4. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
5. How does David feel when Mr. Golanski comes to the house?
6. What makes David angry during the initiation?
7. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
8. What makes Amanda angry during the initiation?
9. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
10. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)