|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David refer to his reptile as?
2. What makes the initiation most interesting?
3. What is Janie's sacrifice during the initiation?
4. What do neophytes have to create for themselves?
5. What does David expect from the initiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David feel when Mr. Golanski comes to the house?
2. Why does Amanda choose a particular day for the initiation ceremony?
3. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
4. What are the requirements for the ceremonial garb?
5. What is the first thing about the Westerly house that interests Amanda?
6. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
7. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
8. What connection does Mr. Golanski have with the Westerly House?
9. What happens to a painting one night in the Westerly House?
10. What makes David angry during the initiation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)