|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the children hold the seance?
2. What does Tesser refuse to do during the initiation?
3. Who does David share a room with?
4. Where do sparks appear in the house?
5. What is Mr. Golanski's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to a painting one night in the Westerly House?
2. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
3. What connection does Mr. Golanski have with the Westerly House?
4. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
5. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
6. What is the first thing about the Westerly house that interests Amanda?
7. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
8. How does David feel when Mr. Golanski comes to the house?
9. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
10. What causes Tesser to sleep in Molly's bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Witchcraft was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)