|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David meet Amanda after she has been gone all day?
2. What did Mr. Golanski's father make for the house?
3. Why does Molly hire Mr. Golanski?
4. Who caused the headless cupid?
5. What is Harriett's sister's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
2. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
3. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
4. What connection does Mr. Golanski have with the Westerly House?
5. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
6. What ability does David think Mr. Golanksi has?
7. What makes David angry during the initiation?
8. What makes Amanda angry during the initiation?
9. What causes Tesser to sleep in Molly's bed?
10. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in this book , and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
David performed many acts of service for his family in this book that would not be expected of most children his age. What are some of the most significant examples of this service, and how did these events affects the characters involved in them?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)