|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the seance held?
2. Who goes into a trance during the seance?
3. What caused the poltergeist to stop appearing?
4. What do neophytes have to create for themselves?
5. How does Amanda react to the clothing worn to the initiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
2. What are the requirements for the ceremonial garb?
3. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
4. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
5. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
6. What led Molly to call Mr. Golanski?
7. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
8. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
9. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
10. What is the first thing about the Westerly house that interests Amanda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)