|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does something appear during the seance?
2. What is Mr. Golanski's occupation?
3. What is Janie's sacrifice during the initiation?
4. What color is forbidden to neophytes?
5. How does Amanda act the day after the initiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
2. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
3. What causes Tesser to sleep in Molly's bed?
4. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
5. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
6. What makes Amanda angry during the initiation?
7. What ability does David think Mr. Golanksi has?
8. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
9. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
10. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in this book , and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)