|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Harriett not blamed for the headless cupid?
2. How many people were with Harriett when the cupid lost its head?
3. How does Amanda react to the clothing worn to the initiation?
4. What makes the initiation most interesting?
5. How does Amanda feel when Janie gets her sacrifice back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
2. What makes Amanda angry during the initiation?
3. How does David feel when Mr. Golanski comes to the house?
4. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
5. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
6. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
7. What happens to a painting one night in the Westerly House?
8. What makes David angry during the initiation?
9. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
10. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book , and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)