|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be out of the house on initiation day?
2. What corresponds to Amanda's questions during the seance?
3. Who goes into a trance during the seance?
4. What caused the poltergeist to stop appearing?
5. What does Blair say he learned about during the seance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amanda choose a particular day for the initiation ceremony?
2. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
3. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
4. What makes David angry during the initiation?
5. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
6. How does David feel when Mr. Golanski comes to the house?
7. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
8. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
9. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
10. What are the requirements for the ceremonial garb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
David performed many acts of service for his family in this book that would not be expected of most children his age. What are some of the most significant examples of this service, and how did these events affects the characters involved in them?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Stanleys accomplish their ordeals and what does this indicate about them?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)