|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do sparks appear in the house?
2. How does Amanda respond to Blair's story about the seance?
3. What appeared all over the house after the Westerly House was built?
4. What does Tesser refuse to do during the initiation?
5. What does Blair say happened to him during the seance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
2. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
3. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
4. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
5. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
6. What makes David angry during the initiation?
7. What are the requirements for the ceremonial garb?
8. What ability does David think Mr. Golanksi has?
9. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
10. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Witchcraft was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)