|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David refer to his reptile as?
2. What breaks a pitcher of milk?
3. What kind of floors have to be avoided in one of the ordeals?
4. What does Blair say happened to him during the seance?
5. How does Amanda respond to Blair's story about the seance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
2. How does David feel when Mr. Golanski comes to the house?
3. What makes David angry during the initiation?
4. What ability does David think Mr. Golanksi has?
5. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
6. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
7. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
8. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
9. What is the first thing about the Westerly house that interests Amanda?
10. What are the requirements for the ceremonial garb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in this book , and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)