|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David know his father would approach magical things?
2. What do neophytes have to create for themselves?
3. What makes the initiation most interesting?
4. How does Mr. Golanski get to the house so fast?
5. Which of the following do NOT have to be collected by neophytes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
2. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
3. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
4. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
5. What is the first thing about the Westerly house that interests Amanda?
6. What makes Amanda angry during the initiation?
7. What makes David angry during the initiation?
8. What causes Tesser to sleep in Molly's bed?
9. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
10. Why does Amanda choose a particular day for the initiation ceremony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
David performed many acts of service for his family in this book that would not be expected of most children his age. What are some of the most significant examples of this service, and how did these events affects the characters involved in them?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)