|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an animal Amanda has?
2. What does Janie do that upsets Amanda?
3. What did David say Amanda rarely did when they met?
4. What is Jeff's occupation?
5. Where does Amanda hope to find some herbs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blair say about Amanda, and why is this so surprising?
2. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
3. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
4. What caused Jeff to get rid of his strange collection?
5. What is the second ordeal?
6. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
7. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
8. What is the first ordeal?
9. How do each of the children eat their dinner during the first ordeal?
10. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in this book , and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)