|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Molly's occupation?
2. How long does Amanda say each ordeal will last?
3. How long will Jeff be gone for work?
4. How does Molly look when she first brings Amanda to the house?
5. What is Esther's nick name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
2. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
3. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
4. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
5. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
6. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
7. What does Amanda realize about the Stanley children when she tests them?
8. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
9. What is the first ordeal?
10. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)