Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Amanda say each ordeal will last?
2. How does David know Amanda was fighting with Molly before they got to the house?
3. What does Amanda test her new siblings for?
4. What does Esther do too much of when she meets Amanda?
5. What does Janie use to complete the first ordeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Tesser to sleep in Molly's bed?
2. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
3. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
4. What does David find on the stairs after all the commotion?
5. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
6. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
7. How did Esther get her nickname?
8. What is the second ordeal?
9. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
10. What angers David during the first ordeal?
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
David performed many acts of service for his family in this book that would not be expected of most children his age. What are some of the most significant examples of this service, and how did these events affects the characters involved in them?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)