|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David say Amanda rarely did when they met?
2. What does Amanda ask for breakfast on the morning of the first ordeal?
3. Which sibling does Amanda prefer?
4. How does Molly look when she first brings Amanda to the house?
5. How long does Amanda say each ordeal will last?
Short Essay Questions
1. What angers David during the first ordeal?
2. What caused Jeff to get rid of his strange collection?
3. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
4. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
5. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
6. How do each of the children eat their dinner during the first ordeal?
7. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
8. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
9. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
10. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
David performed many acts of service for his family in this book that would not be expected of most children his age. What are some of the most significant examples of this service, and how did these events affects the characters involved in them?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Stanleys accomplish their ordeals and what does this indicate about them?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)