|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda say they must be serious about to be initiated?
2. Why id Amanda disappointed that there are no nearby cemeteries?
3. Why does Amanda want the second ordeal kept secret?
4. How long will Jeff be gone for work?
5. Why does David reset an alarm clock before the first ordeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
2. What is the second ordeal?
3. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
4. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
5. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
6. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
7. What is the first ordeal?
8. What does Blair say about Amanda, and why is this so surprising?
9. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
10. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Zilpha Keatley Snyder in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)