|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amanda ask David for help when she gets to the house?
2. How does Amanda speak when she talks about her animals?
3. What does Tesser use at dinner on the day of the first ordeal?
4. What does Janie do that upsets Amanda?
5. How does David feel after his first lengthy conversation with Amanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
2. How did Esther get her nickname?
3. How did David come to accept his father's new marriage?
4. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
5. What does Amanda say about her animals?
6. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
7. What is the second ordeal?
8. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
9. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
10. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in this book , and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)