|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused David to dislike Molly at first?
2. What is Esther's nick name?
3. What did David say Amanda rarely did when they met?
4. What is Jeff's occupation?
5. What is on Amanda's forehead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Jeff to get rid of his strange collection?
2. What angers David during the first ordeal?
3. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
4. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
5. How did Esther get her nickname?
6. What does Blair say about Amanda, and why is this so surprising?
7. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
8. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
9. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
10. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened during the seance, and how did this change Amanda's ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)