|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Esther feel when she hears about the injury caused by Amanda's power?
2. Whose alarm clock does David reset before the first ordeal?
3. What is on Amanda's forehead?
4. What does Amanda say the thing on her forehead signifies?
5. How does David watch Amanda when she first gets to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David know that Amanda didn't cause the trouble while Molly was away?
2. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
3. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
4. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
5. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
6. Why is David certain that Amanda won't cause problems while Molly is away?
7. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
8. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
9. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
10. What connection does Mr. Golanski have with the Westerly House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Stanleys accomplish their ordeals and what does this indicate about them?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)