|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amanda hope to find some herbs?
2. What is the second ordeal?
3. What injury does Amanda say her powers once caused?
4. Why does Amanda want the second ordeal kept secret?
5. What does Amanda say the thing on her forehead signifies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises David the most about Amanda while Molly is picking up Ingrid?
2. What does Amanda say about her animals?
3. What injury of Amanda's makes her suspicious in David's eyes?
4. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
5. What makes Amanda angry during the initiation?
6. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
7. What connection does Mr. Golanski have with the Westerly House?
8. Why does Amanda say that she doesn't like adults?
9. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
10. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Zilpha Keatley Snyder in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)