|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the twins at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Amanda do when she is alone in her room for the first time?
3. Why id Amanda disappointed that there are no nearby cemeteries?
4. How does Esther feel when she hears about the injury caused by Amanda's power?
5. Why does Amanda prefer a particular sibling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
2. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
3. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
4. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
5. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
6. What is the main challenge of the ordeal about the wooden floors?
7. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
8. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
9. What causes Molly to be so late in coming home after picking up Ingrid?
10. Why is David not scared when the commotion on the stairs first takes place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)