|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Molly not notice all the strange things happening during dinner during the first ordeal?
2. How does David know Amanda was fighting with Molly before they got to the house?
3. How does David feel after his first lengthy conversation with Amanda?
4. How old are the twins at the beginning of the book?
5. Whose alarm clock does David reset before the first ordeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
2. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
3. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
4. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
5. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
6. What does Amanda realize about the Stanley children when she tests them?
7. What does Amanda say about her animals?
8. What is the second ordeal?
9. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
10. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)