|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose alarm clock does David reset before the first ordeal?
2. How did Esther come by her nick name?
3. What does Amanda say they must be serious about to be initiated?
4. What surprises Molly about David?
5. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blair say about Amanda, and why is this so surprising?
2. What caused Jeff to get rid of his strange collection?
3. What angers David during the first ordeal?
4. What does Amanda realize about the Stanley children when she tests them?
5. How does Molly respond to all the talk about a poltergeist?
6. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
7. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
8. How does David know that Amanda didn't cause the trouble while Molly was away?
9. Why is David certain that Amanda won't cause problems while Molly is away?
10. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Zilpha Keatley Snyder in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)