|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amanda ask David for help when she gets to the house?
2. What has to be avoided in the first ordeal?
3. What does Esther think of Amanda when they first meet?
4. How does Amanda get hurt by her familiar?
5. How does David feel after his first lengthy conversation with Amanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
2. What caused Jeff to get rid of his strange collection?
3. How do each of the children eat their dinner during the first ordeal?
4. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
5. What is the second ordeal?
6. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
7. What does Amanda say about her animals?
8. How did Esther get her nickname?
9. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
10. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)