Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Amanda say each ordeal will last?
2. How does David know Amanda was fighting with Molly before they got to the house?
3. What does Amanda test her new siblings for?
4. What does Esther do too much of when she meets Amanda?
5. What does Janie use to complete the first ordeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Tesser to sleep in Molly's bed?
2. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
3. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
4. What does David find on the stairs after all the commotion?
5. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
6. How was Harriett Westerly cleared of blame with then Cupid lost its head?
7. How did Esther get her nickname?
8. What is the second ordeal?
9. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
10. What angers David during the first ordeal?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Witchcraft was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)