|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jeff marry Molly?
2. What kind of animal is Rolor?
3. What does Esther do too much of when she meets Amanda?
4. What is Jeff's occupation?
5. What does Janie do that upsets Amanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David come to accept his father's new marriage?
2. What does Amanda say about her animals?
3. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
4. How did Esther get her nickname?
5. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
6. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
7. What is the first ordeal?
8. What angers David during the first ordeal?
9. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
10. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)