|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Amanda say she caused with her powers?
2. What is Molly's occupation?
3. What does Esther do too much of when she meets Amanda?
4. What has to be avoided in the first ordeal?
5. How does Amanda ask David for help when she gets to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
2. What angers David during the first ordeal?
3. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
4. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
5. How do each of the children eat their dinner during the first ordeal?
6. What is the second ordeal?
7. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
8. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
9. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
10. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David performed many acts of service for his family in this book that would not be expected of most children his age. What are some of the most significant examples of this service, and how did these events affects the characters involved in them?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book , and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)