|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda do when she first gets to the house to show she doesn't want to be there?
2. What does David think will be the biggest challenge in the first ordeal?
3. Who argues about the test results?
4. What does Amanda ask David to help her hunt for?
5. Why does Molly not notice all the strange things happening during dinner during the first ordeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda say about her animals?
2. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
3. What angers David during the first ordeal?
4. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
5. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
6. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
7. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
8. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
9. What does Amanda realize about the Stanley children when she tests them?
10. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)