|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther do too much of when she meets Amanda?
2. What does Amanda do when she first gets to the house to show she doesn't want to be there?
3. What does Amanda say they must be serious about to be initiated?
4. Which of these is NOT an animal Amanda has?
5. What does Leah study?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
2. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
3. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
4. How did David come to accept his father's new marriage?
5. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
6. What is the second ordeal?
7. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
8. What does Amanda say about her animals?
9. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
10. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Golanski is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)