|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David say Amanda rarely did when they met?
2. How does David feel after his first lengthy conversation with Amanda?
3. What does Amanda ask David to help her hunt for?
4. How is David related to Amanda?
5. Where does Amanda hope to find some herbs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first ordeal?
2. What caused Jeff to get rid of his strange collection?
3. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
4. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
5. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
6. What does Amanda say about her animals?
7. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
8. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
9. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
10. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)