|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is Rolor?
2. What kind of outfit does Amanda say she is wearing when she gets to the house?
3. What does Amanda do when she first gets to the house to show she doesn't want to be there?
4. Where did Amanda get her familiar?
5. What does Amanda say the thing on her forehead signifies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
2. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
3. What does Amanda realize about the Stanley children when she tests them?
4. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
5. What is the first ordeal?
6. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
7. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
8. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
9. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
10. What angers David during the first ordeal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Stanleys accomplish their ordeals and what does this indicate about them?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)