|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Amanda's forehead?
2. What injury does Amanda say her powers once caused?
3. How many ordeals does Amanda have planned?
4. Why id Amanda disappointed that there are no nearby cemeteries?
5. Which of these is NOT an animal Amanda has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
2. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
3. What angers David during the first ordeal?
4. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
5. What does Blair say about Amanda, and why is this so surprising?
6. What caused Jeff to get rid of his strange collection?
7. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
8. How did Esther get her nickname?
9. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
10. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Zilpha Keatley Snyder in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)