|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children climb on the piano during one of the ordeals?
(a) To make a distraction.
(b) To play a game.
(c) To hide from the loose reptiles.
(d) To avoid the floor.
2. What does Tesser refuse to do during the initiation?
(a) Choose a different name.
(b) Drink the broth.
(c) Burn her ceremonial clothes.
(d) Kill her animal.
3. Who chooses the initiation day?
4. Why does Amanda think the poltergeist has returned?
(a) It is angry at the new tennants.
(b) It senses her powers.
(c) She is the same age as Harriett was.
(d) She called it in the seance.
5. What room in the house has the forbidden flooring for one of the ordeals?
(a) The garage.
(b) The living room.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David meet Amanda after she has been gone all day?
2. When do the children hold the seance?
3. When was the Westerly House built?
4. What is the tricky part about the reptiles?
5. What caused the poltergeist to stop appearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led Molly to call Mr. Golanski?
2. Why does Amanda choose a particular day for the initiation ceremony?
3. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
4. What does Amanda study at the library and why?
5. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
6. What makes Amanda so frustrated after the seance?
7. What stopped the trouble from the original Poltergeist in the Westerly House?
8. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
9. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
10. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)