|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the poltergeist to stop appearing?
(a) The absence of Harriett.
(b) The new owners.
(c) The replacement of the cupid.
(d) The exorcism.
2. What do neophytes have to create for themselves?
(a) Ceremonial garb.
(b) A certificate of completion.
(c) Some magic possessions.
(d) A pact.
3. What makes the initiation most interesting?
(a) A storm is brewing outside.
(b) Rolor is crowing.
(c) They are alone in the house.
(d) She has strange music playing.
4. What color is forbidden to neophytes?
5. How does Amanda respond to Blair's story about the seance?
(a) She writes down everything he says.
(b) She walks out and slams the door.
(c) She asks him questions.
(d) She gets angry and yells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be out of the house on initiation day?
2. Where did Amanda find the information she was looking for?
3. What breaks a pitcher of milk?
4. When does Amanda show herself while thinking about the poltergeist?
5. Why does Amanda think the poltergeist has returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David choose to do after the milk jug is broken?
2. What makes Amanda angry during the initiation?
3. What does Molly say before leaving the house that hurts Amanda's feelings?
4. What happens to a painting one night in the Westerly House?
5. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything that happened in the seance?
6. Why does Amanda say that the poltergeist has returned to the house?
7. What does Amanda do that bothers Mr. Golanksi?
8. What does the flashlight on the staircase indicate?
9. What is the first thing about the Westerly house that interests Amanda?
10. Why does Amanda choose a particular day for the initiation ceremony?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)