|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
(a) They don't have a connection yet.
(b) It is afraid of her.
(c) It senses her unhappiness.
(d) He is not comfortable in the house.
2. Who usually stops the twins' arguments?
3. Where do Amanda and David have their first long talk?
(a) The attic.
(b) The garden.
(c) The garage.
(d) The kitchen.
4. Which animal is Amanda's familiar?
5. How does David know Amanda was fighting with Molly before they got to the house?
(a) Amanda stayed in the car.
(b) All of these.
(c) He could sense the anger.
(d) Molly was crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Amanda say each ordeal will last?
2. What is the second ordeal?
3. What is Jeff's occupation?
4. What kind of outfit does Amanda say she is wearing when she gets to the house?
5. Why does Molly not notice all the strange things happening during dinner during the first ordeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda realize about the Stanley children when she tests them?
2. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
3. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
4. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
5. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
6. What is the first ordeal?
7. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
8. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
9. What does Amanda say about her animals?
10. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)