|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda ask David to help her hunt for?
2. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
(a) It is afraid of her.
(b) He is not comfortable in the house.
(c) They don't have a connection yet.
(d) It senses her unhappiness.
3. What is David's new house called?
(a) The Haunted House.
(b) The old Westerly House.
(c) The Convent Place.
(d) The Professor's Keep.
4. What does David say is the only thing he can count on Amanda for?
(b) Being late.
5. How old are the twins at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David reset an alarm clock before the first ordeal?
2. Why does Amanda want the second ordeal kept secret?
3. What injury does Amanda say her powers once caused?
4. Why does Amanda prefer a particular sibling?
5. Why does Molly not notice all the strange things happening during dinner during the first ordeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What angers David during the first ordeal?
2. How do each of the children eat their dinner during the first ordeal?
3. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
4. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
5. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
6. What is the first ordeal?
7. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
8. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
9. How did Esther get her nickname?
10. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)