|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
(a) It is afraid of her.
(b) It senses her unhappiness.
(c) They don't have a connection yet.
(d) He is not comfortable in the house.
2. What does David put his food in on the day of the first ordeal?
(a) His back pack.
(b) A plastic bag.
(c) The garbage disposal.
(d) The trash can.
3. Why is Jeff so relieved to go on a trip for work?
(a) He is awkward around Molly.
(b) Molly needs to get to know the kids.
(c) He wants to avoid Amanda.
(d) They need money for house repairs.
4. What does Amanda say they must be serious about to be initiated?
5. What does Amanda ask for breakfast on the morning of the first ordeal?
(b) Ham and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused David to dislike Molly at first?
2. Why does Blair say Rolor is unhappy?
3. How long does Amanda say each ordeal will last?
4. Which of these is NOT an animal Amanda has?
5. What is Jeff's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
2. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
3. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
4. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
5. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
6. How do each of the children eat their dinner during the first ordeal?
7. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
8. What does Amanda realize about the Stanley children when she tests them?
9. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
10. How did David come to accept his father's new marriage?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)