|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Amanda say she caused with her powers?
(a) A headache.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) A stomach problem.
(d) A bruised arm.
2. Why does Jeff have to go away for work so suddenly?
(a) There was a last minute opening.
(b) He was recently promoted.
(c) The man who planned the trip got sick.
(d) His funding came through suddenly.
3. What is Esther's nick name?
4. Why id Amanda disappointed that there are no nearby cemeteries?
(a) She likes to pray at cemeteries.
(b) She needs one for a ritual.
(c) Herbs from there are the best.
(d) They are so quiet.
5. Who argues about the test results?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose alarm clock does David reset before the first ordeal?
2. Why does David reset an alarm clock before the first ordeal?
3. How old are the twins at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Amanda say they must be serious about to be initiated?
5. How does David describe Amanda's clothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
2. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
3. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
4. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
5. How did Esther get her nickname?
6. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
7. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
8. What caused Jeff to get rid of his strange collection?
9. What angers David during the first ordeal?
10. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)