|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is David at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Amanda need David to help with when she gets to the house?
(a) Learning names.
(b) Getting her bags inside.
(c) Changing her clothes.
(d) Finding her room.
3. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
(a) He is not comfortable in the house.
(b) It senses her unhappiness.
(c) They don't have a connection yet.
(d) It is afraid of her.
4. What has to be avoided in the first ordeal?
5. How long does Amanda say each ordeal will last?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 1 day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the twins at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Amanda ask David for help when she gets to the house?
3. What does Esther do too much of when she meets Amanda?
4. How is David related to Amanda?
5. Where do Amanda and David have their first long talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda say about her animals?
2. What does Amanda realize about the Stanley children when she tests them?
3. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
4. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
5. What is the second ordeal?
6. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
7. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
8. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
9. What is the first ordeal?
10. How did Esther get her nickname?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)