|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther think of Amanda when they first meet?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is weird.
(d) She is exciting.
2. What kind of animal is Rolor?
3. Why does Amanda want the second ordeal kept secret?
(a) Molly is afraid of snakes.
(b) Jeff will be angry.
(c) She wants to be in charge.
(d) It forces them to lie to Molly.
4. Where do David and Amanda have their first lengthy conversation?
(a) Her room.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The garage.
5. What did David say Amanda rarely did when they met?
(c) Touched others.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is David related to Amanda?
2. What does Janie use to complete the first ordeal?
3. Which animal is Amanda's familiar?
4. What does Amanda do when she is alone in her room for the first time?
5. How did Esther come by her nick name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first ordeal?
2. How did Esther get her nickname?
3. How did David come to accept his father's new marriage?
4. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
5. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
6. What does Blair say about Amanda, and why is this so surprising?
7. What does Amanda realize about the Stanley children when she tests them?
8. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
9. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
10. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)