|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amanda speak when she talks about her animals?
2. Why does David reset an alarm clock before the first ordeal?
(a) To make everyone run late.
(b) To make Amanda angry.
(c) To keep his part of the first ordeal.
(d) To get more sleep.
3. Which of these is NOT an animal Amanda has?
4. Where do David and Amanda have their first lengthy conversation?
(a) Her room.
(b) The garage.
(c) The front porch.
(d) A bathroom.
5. Why does Jeff have to go away for work so suddenly?
(a) His funding came through suddenly.
(b) There was a last minute opening.
(c) He was recently promoted.
(d) The man who planned the trip got sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
2. What does Amanda say they must be serious about to be initiated?
3. How is David related to Amanda?
4. Who argues about the test results?
5. What is Molly's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
2. How do each of the children eat their dinner during the first ordeal?
3. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
4. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
5. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
6. What does Blair say about Amanda, and why is this so surprising?
7. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
8. What is the second ordeal?
9. How did Esther get her nickname?
10. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)