|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda say they must be serious about to be initiated?
2. Why does David reset an alarm clock before the first ordeal?
(a) To make Amanda angry.
(b) To make everyone run late.
(c) To keep his part of the first ordeal.
(d) To get more sleep.
3. How did Esther come by her nick name?
(a) Her father studied Tesla.
(b) She told a school teacher that was her princess name.
(c) She couldn't say her full name as a child.
(d) Her little sister called her that.
4. What is the second ordeal?
(a) Cleansing their auras.
(b) Learning their past history.
(c) Collecting reptiles.
(d) Purifying the house.
5. Where does Amanda hope to find some herbs?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) The woods.
(c) The garden.
(d) A school house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argues about the test results?
2. What has to be avoided in the first ordeal?
3. Where did Amanda get her familiar?
4. Where do David and Amanda have their first lengthy conversation?
5. What does Leah study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What angers David during the first ordeal?
2. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
3. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
4. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
5. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
6. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
7. What does Amanda say about her animals?
8. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
9. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
10. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)