|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David put his food in on the day of the first ordeal?
(a) A plastic bag.
(b) The garbage disposal.
(c) His back pack.
(d) The trash can.
2. What does Amanda say she can help David become?
(a) An intern.
(b) A neophyte.
(c) A warlock.
(d) An initiate.
3. How old are the twins at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Amanda tell Esther she studies?
(a) African History.
(c) The occult.
5. Where do David and Amanda have their first lengthy conversation?
(a) Her room.
(b) The garage.
(c) The front porch.
(d) A bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Amanda say she caused with her powers?
2. How did Esther come by her nick name?
3. Which animal is Amanda's familiar?
4. Why does David reset an alarm clock before the first ordeal?
5. What does Amanda test her new siblings for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do each of the children eat their dinner during the first ordeal?
2. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
3. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
4. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
5. What angers David during the first ordeal?
6. What does Amanda say about her animals?
7. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
8. What caused Jeff to get rid of his strange collection?
9. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
10. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)