|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel after his first lengthy conversation with Amanda?
(a) That she is hurting.
(b) That she will never be happy.
(c) That she is strange.
(d) That he understands her.
2. What is Esther's nick name?
3. What does Amanda do when she is alone in her room for the first time?
(c) Calls Leah.
4. Why does Molly not notice all the strange things happening during dinner during the first ordeal?
(a) Amanda is reading to her.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) She is painting.
(d) David distracts her.
5. Where does Amanda hope to find some herbs?
(a) A school house.
(b) The garden.
(c) The woods.
(d) A cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of outfit does Amanda say she is wearing when she gets to the house?
2. What does Amanda say she can help David become?
3. How does Esther feel when she hears about the injury caused by Amanda's power?
4. What caused David to dislike Molly at first?
5. What does Amanda say the thing on her forehead signifies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
2. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
3. What does Amanda say about her animals?
4. Why does Jeff have to go away for a while?
5. What is the first ordeal?
6. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
7. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
8. What caused Jeff to get rid of his strange collection?
9. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
10. What does Blair say about Amanda, and why is this so surprising?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)