|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What herb does Amanda say she finds while with David?
(a) All of these.
(c) Blood root.
(d) Death cup.
2. What injury does Amanda say she caused with her powers?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A stomach problem.
(c) A headache.
(d) A bruised arm.
3. What does Amanda say that the test results revealed?
(a) She is more powerful.
(b) They are not hopeless.
(c) She has never seen weaker.
(d) There is potential.
4. Where do David and Amanda have their first lengthy conversation?
(a) Her room.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The garage.
5. What does David put his food in on the day of the first ordeal?
(a) A plastic bag.
(b) The garbage disposal.
(c) His back pack.
(d) The trash can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Molly not notice all the strange things happening during dinner during the first ordeal?
2. How does Amanda get hurt by her familiar?
3. What is Jeff's occupation?
4. How does David describe Amanda's clothing?
5. What does Janie use to complete the first ordeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David come to accept his father's new marriage?
2. What is the second ordeal?
3. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
4. What angers David during the first ordeal?
5. How did Esther get her nickname?
6. What does Blair tell David about Rolor, and what does this indicate?
7. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
8. What surprises Amanda about the Stanley children during the second ordeal?
9. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
10. Why is Amanda so upset when she hears there are no cemeteries nearby?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)