|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appeared all over the house after the Westerly House was built?
(b) Broken glass.
(c) Drops of blood.
(d) Rocks and pebbles.
2. What is a poltergeist?
(a) An apparition.
(b) A demon.
(c) An undead being.
(d) A noisy ghost.
3. What does Amanda ban the children from while she prepares for the initiation?
(a) The garage.
(b) The outdoors.
(c) Her bedroom.
4. Where does David meet Amanda after she has been gone all day?
(a) The driveway.
(b) The garage.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) The library.
5. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything about the seance?
(a) She was asleep.
(b) She has a veil in her memory.
(c) All of these.
(d) She was in a trance.
6. What does Blair say he learned about during the seance?
(b) The house.
7. How old was Harriett when she got involved with the poltergeist?
8. What causes Amanda to ask Mr. Golanski so many questions?
(a) He pays attention to her.
(b) He knows about the Westerly sisters.
(c) He believes in ghosts.
(d) He knows about electricity.
9. What makes David squirm with his reptile?
(a) It it slimy.
(b) It bites him.
(c) It has strange colorings.
(d) It crawls inside his shirt.
10. How does Amanda react to the clothing worn to the initiation?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She makes them change.
(c) She scoffs.
(d) She laughs out loud.
11. What do neophytes have to create for themselves?
(a) A certificate of completion.
(b) A pact.
(c) Ceremonial garb.
(d) Some magic possessions.
12. When do the children hold the seance?
(a) When the sun sets.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At noon.
(d) When Molly is in bed.
13. Why do the children climb on the piano during one of the ordeals?
(a) To avoid the floor.
(b) To play a game.
(c) To make a distraction.
(d) To hide from the loose reptiles.
14. What is Mr. Golanski's occupation?
15. Who gets most upset about the broken milk jug?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David think he looks during the initiation?
2. Who goes into a trance during the seance?
3. What makes the initiation most interesting?
4. What is broken during the night after the milk jug is broken?
5. How many people were with Harriett when the cupid lost its head?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)