|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the poltergeist to stop appearing?
(a) The replacement of the cupid.
(b) The absence of Harriett.
(c) The new owners.
(d) The exorcism.
2. Where does Amanda like to go to think about things?
(a) A tree house.
(b) Her room.
(c) The library.
(d) The garden.
3. What is a poltergeist?
(a) An undead being.
(b) A demon.
(c) A noisy ghost.
(d) An apparition.
4. When was the Westerly House built?
5. What did the medium say about the Westerly House?
(a) There was an evil spirit there.
(b) The girls were involved in something strange.
(c) Something terrible had happened there.
(d) There was no haunting there.
6. What is burning during the initiation?
(a) Old books.
7. How does David feel while Amanda is gone the day after meeting Mr. Golanski?
8. How does Amanda react to the clothing worn to the initiation?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She laughs out loud.
(c) She makes them change.
(d) She scoffs.
9. What do neophytes have to create for themselves?
(a) A pact.
(b) A certificate of completion.
(c) Some magic possessions.
(d) Ceremonial garb.
10. Who does David want to tell about the ordeals?
(b) Amanda's father.
(c) His father.
11. Who chooses the initiation day?
12. When do the children hold the seance?
(a) At noon.
(b) At midnight.
(c) When the sun sets.
(d) When Molly is in bed.
13. What makes the initiation most interesting?
(a) Rolor is crowing.
(b) She has strange music playing.
(c) A storm is brewing outside.
(d) They are alone in the house.
14. What is the mark of a good sacrifice during the initiation?
(a) It has to be old.
(b) It has to be valuable.
(c) It has to be important.
(d) It has to be magic in nature.
15. What corresponds to Amanda's questions during the seance?
(b) Tapping noises.
(c) Falling pebbles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is broken during the night after the milk jug is broken?
2. How does David know his father would approach magical things?
3. What did the Westerly parents do after talking to the medium?
4. How does Amanda respond to Blair's story about the seance?
5. What does Tesser refuse to do during the initiation?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)