|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children climb on the piano during one of the ordeals?
(a) To make a distraction.
(b) To hide from the loose reptiles.
(c) To play a game.
(d) To avoid the floor.
2. What does David expect from the initiation?
(a) He doesn't know what to expect.
(b) That Amanda will make them all break the rules.
(c) To be scared and interested.
(d) That Amanda will do something cruel.
3. What color is forbidden to neophytes?
4. What did the medium say about the Westerly House?
(a) Something terrible had happened there.
(b) There was no haunting there.
(c) There was an evil spirit there.
(d) The girls were involved in something strange.
5. What room in the house has the forbidden flooring for one of the ordeals?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The garage.
(d) The dining room.
6. When do the children hold the seance?
(a) When Molly is in bed.
(b) At midnight.
(c) When the sun sets.
(d) At noon.
7. When does Amanda show herself while thinking about the poltergeist?
(a) Bed time.
(b) Meal times.
(c) During chores.
(d) When the kids play games.
8. Who hired the medium for the Westerly House?
(a) Mrs. Westerly.
(b) Mr. Westerly.
(c) The nanny.
9. What is the tricky part about the reptiles?
(a) They have to kill them in the end.
(b) They have to keep them quiet.
(c) They have to keep them with them at all times.
(d) They have to find different kinds.
10. What is burning during the initiation?
(c) Old books.
11. Where does David meet Amanda after she has been gone all day?
(a) The library.
(b) The driveway.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) The garage.
12. Who will be out of the house on initiation day?
13. What do neophytes have to create for themselves?
(a) Some magic possessions.
(b) A pact.
(c) Ceremonial garb.
(d) A certificate of completion.
14. What does Tesser refuse to do during the initiation?
(a) Burn her ceremonial clothes.
(b) Drink the broth.
(c) Choose a different name.
(d) Kill her animal.
15. How does David feel while Amanda is gone the day after meeting Mr. Golanski?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Golanski's occupation?
2. What is broken during the night after the milk jug is broken?
3. How does David think he looks during the initiation?
4. How does Amanda react to the clothing worn to the initiation?
5. Where did Amanda find the information she was looking for?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)