|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blair say happened to him during the seance?
(a) The spirit spoke to him.
(b) He had a dream.
(c) There were animals speaking to him.
(d) He saw a vision.
2. Who falls asleep during the seance?
3. Why was Harriett not blamed for the headless cupid?
(a) She was out of town.
(b) She was sleeping when it happened.
(c) She was at a dance.
(d) She was in the hospital.
4. What did the Westerly parents do after talking to the medium?
(a) Hired a body guard.
(b) Sent the girls to boarding school.
(c) Has a priest bless the house.
(d) Sold the house.
5. Who does David want to tell about the ordeals?
(a) Amanda's father.
(c) His father.
6. What caused the poltergeist to stop appearing?
(a) The replacement of the cupid.
(b) The exorcism.
(c) The new owners.
(d) The absence of Harriett.
7. What does Amanda ban the children from while she prepares for the initiation?
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The outdoors.
(d) The garage.
8. Why does Amanda think the poltergeist has returned?
(a) It is angry at the new tennants.
(b) She is the same age as Harriett was.
(c) It senses her powers.
(d) She called it in the seance.
9. What did the medium say about the Westerly House?
(a) There was no haunting there.
(b) There was an evil spirit there.
(c) Something terrible had happened there.
(d) The girls were involved in something strange.
10. What makes the initiation most interesting?
(a) A storm is brewing outside.
(b) She has strange music playing.
(c) They are alone in the house.
(d) Rolor is crowing.
11. What does Amanda want to know more about after meeting Mr. Golanski?
(a) Mr. Golanski's family.
(b) Mind reading.
(d) The Westerly house.
12. Why do the children climb on the piano during one of the ordeals?
(a) To play a game.
(b) To make a distraction.
(c) To hide from the loose reptiles.
(d) To avoid the floor.
13. What is broken during the night after the milk jug is broken?
(a) An art set.
(b) A crystal goblet.
(c) A philodendron.
(d) The piano.
14. How does David feel while Amanda is gone the day after meeting Mr. Golanski?
15. What causes Mr. Golanski to get annoyed with Amanda?
(a) All of these.
(b) She asks him too many questions.
(c) She touches his tools.
(d) She knocks over his water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda have planned for the day after the initiation?
2. What color is forbidden to neophytes?
3. How many people were with Harriett when the cupid lost its head?
4. What does David refer to his reptile as?
5. What makes David squirm with his reptile?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)