|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda have planned for the day after the initiation?
(a) A spell.
(b) Another ritual.
(c) A sacrifice.
(d) A seance.
2. Why does Amanda say she doesn't remember anything about the seance?
(a) She has a veil in her memory.
(b) All of these.
(c) She was in a trance.
(d) She was asleep.
3. What does Amanda wear during the seance?
(a) Her pajamas.
(c) Ceremonial garb.
(d) A formal dress.
4. Who falls asleep during the seance?
5. How does Amanda respond to Blair's story about the seance?
(a) She writes down everything he says.
(b) She walks out and slams the door.
(c) She gets angry and yells.
(d) She asks him questions.
6. How many people were with Harriett when the cupid lost its head?
7. When do the children hold the seance?
(a) At noon.
(b) When Molly is in bed.
(c) At midnight.
(d) When the sun sets.
8. What does David refer to his reptile as?
(a) His pet.
(b) His friend.
(c) His item.
(d) His familiar.
9. Who finds Janie's sacrifice after the initiation?
10. How does David know his father would approach magical things?
11. What does Blair say happened to him during the seance?
(a) He saw a vision.
(b) The spirit spoke to him.
(c) He had a dream.
(d) There were animals speaking to him.
12. What breaks a pitcher of milk?
(a) A toad.
(b) An ice cube.
(c) A rock.
(d) A screw driver.
13. What appeared all over the house after the Westerly House was built?
(a) Rocks and pebbles.
(b) Broken glass.
(c) Drops of blood.
14. Why do the children climb on the piano during one of the ordeals?
(a) To play a game.
(b) To make a distraction.
(c) To hide from the loose reptiles.
(d) To avoid the floor.
15. What is Harriett's sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair say he learned about during the seance?
2. Where do sparks appear in the house?
3. What room in the house has the forbidden flooring for one of the ordeals?
4. When was the Westerly House built?
5. What kind of floors have to be avoided in one of the ordeals?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)