|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jeff so relieved to go on a trip for work?
(a) He is awkward around Molly.
(b) Molly needs to get to know the kids.
(c) He wants to avoid Amanda.
(d) They need money for house repairs.
2. Why does Amanda have so many animals?
(a) She needs them for her occult studies.
(b) She wants to be a vet.
(c) She is a naturalist.
(d) She saved them when they were found injured.
3. How does David watch Amanda when she first gets to the house?
(a) Looks through a peep hole.
(b) Stands on the porch.
(c) Peeks around the house.
(d) Watches out the window.
4. What does Amanda say that the test results revealed?
(a) She is more powerful.
(b) She has never seen weaker.
(c) There is potential.
(d) They are not hopeless.
5. What does Amanda do when she first gets to the house to show she doesn't want to be there?
(a) Hits others.
(b) Stays in the car.
(d) Slams doors.
6. Why does Molly not notice all the strange things happening during dinner during the first ordeal?
(a) Amanda is reading to her.
(b) David distracts her.
(c) She is painting.
(d) She has a headache.
7. What does Esther do too much of when she meets Amanda?
(b) Plays with her.
(c) Asks questions.
(d) Touches her.
8. What did David say Amanda rarely did when they met?
(a) Touched others.
9. How does Amanda ask David for help when she gets to the house?
(a) She tells her mother to get David.
(b) She cries out for him.
(c) She gestures for him to come ot her.
(d) She sends him a text message.
10. What does Amanda do when she is alone in her room for the first time?
(c) Calls Leah.
11. How old is David at the beginning of the book?
12. How does David feel after his first lengthy conversation with Amanda?
(a) That she is hurting.
(b) That he understands her.
(c) That she will never be happy.
(d) That she is strange.
13. What is Esther's nick name?
14. Why does Amanda want the second ordeal kept secret?
(a) Molly is afraid of snakes.
(b) It forces them to lie to Molly.
(c) She wants to be in charge.
(d) Jeff will be angry.
15. How does David describe Amanda's clothing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda say the thing on her forehead signifies?
2. What does Amanda test her new siblings for?
3. How many ordeals does Amanda have planned?
4. What injury does Amanda say her powers once caused?
5. What is David's new house called?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)