|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David's new house called?
(a) The Convent Place.
(b) The old Westerly House.
(c) The Haunted House.
(d) The Professor's Keep.
2. How old are the twins at the beginning of the book?
3. Why is Jeff so relieved to go on a trip for work?
(a) Molly needs to get to know the kids.
(b) He is awkward around Molly.
(c) They need money for house repairs.
(d) He wants to avoid Amanda.
4. What does Amanda tell Esther she studies?
(c) African History.
(d) The occult.
5. What has to be avoided in the first ordeal?
6. What does David think will be the biggest challenge in the first ordeal?
(a) Doing chores.
(c) Using the restroom.
(d) Going to school.
7. What does Amanda say the thing on her forehead signifies?
(a) Her rank.
(b) Her heritage.
(c) Her power.
(d) Her birthright.
8. What is Esther's nick name?
9. What does Esther do too much of when she meets Amanda?
(a) Plays with her.
(b) Asks questions.
(d) Touches her.
10. How many ordeals does Amanda have planned?
11. What does Amanda say she can help David become?
(a) A neophyte.
(b) A warlock.
(c) An initiate.
(d) An intern.
12. How does David describe Amanda's clothing?
13. What injury does Amanda say her powers once caused?
(a) Bruised arm.
(c) Stomach problem.
(d) Broken arm.
14. Why does Amanda want the second ordeal kept secret?
(a) It forces them to lie to Molly.
(b) Molly is afraid of snakes.
(c) She wants to be in charge.
(d) Jeff will be angry.
15. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
(a) It is afraid of her.
(b) They don't have a connection yet.
(c) It senses her unhappiness.
(d) He is not comfortable in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David at the beginning of the book?
2. How is David related to Amanda?
3. Why does Molly not notice all the strange things happening during dinner during the first ordeal?
4. Why does Blair say Rolor is unhappy?
5. Why does David reset an alarm clock before the first ordeal?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)