|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jeff so relieved to go on a trip for work?
(a) He is awkward around Molly.
(b) They need money for house repairs.
(c) Molly needs to get to know the kids.
(d) He wants to avoid Amanda.
2. What kind of outfit does Amanda say she is wearing when she gets to the house?
3. How old is David at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
(a) It senses her unhappiness.
(b) It is afraid of her.
(c) He is not comfortable in the house.
(d) They don't have a connection yet.
5. Why does Jeff have to go away for work so suddenly?
(a) There was a last minute opening.
(b) His funding came through suddenly.
(c) He was recently promoted.
(d) The man who planned the trip got sick.
6. What does Janie do that upsets Amanda?
(a) Reads her book.
(b) Pets the animals.
(d) Hugs her.
7. What surprises Molly about David?
(a) He is not sad all the time.
(b) He is helpful.
(c) He is welcoming to her.
(d) He likes to cook.
8. What does Leah study?
(a) Egyptian History.
9. Where did Amanda get her familiar?
(a) On a picnic.
(b) The veterinarian.
(c) A pet store.
(d) At an occult store.
10. How does David describe Amanda's clothing?
11. Why does Molly not notice all the strange things happening during dinner during the first ordeal?
(a) David distracts her.
(b) She is painting.
(c) She has a headache.
(d) Amanda is reading to her.
12. Why does Amanda want the second ordeal kept secret?
(a) She wants to be in charge.
(b) Jeff will be angry.
(c) It forces them to lie to Molly.
(d) Molly is afraid of snakes.
13. What does Esther think of Amanda when they first meet?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is pretty.
(c) She is weird.
(d) She is exciting.
14. How does David watch Amanda when she first gets to the house?
(a) Looks through a peep hole.
(b) Watches out the window.
(c) Stands on the porch.
(d) Peeks around the house.
15. Why did Jeff marry Molly?
(a) His wife died.
(b) He left his wife.
(c) His wife left him.
(d) His children wanted him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda say she can help David become?
2. How many ordeals does Amanda have planned?
3. How long does Amanda say each ordeal will last?
4. What is Esther's nick name?
5. What does Esther do too much of when she meets Amanda?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)