|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is David at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Amanda need David to help with when she gets to the house?
(a) Changing her clothes.
(b) Learning names.
(c) Finding her room.
(d) Getting her bags inside.
3. Where do David and Amanda have their first lengthy conversation?
(a) Her room.
(b) The front porch.
(c) A bathroom.
(d) The garage.
4. What does Esther think of Amanda when they first meet?
(a) She is weird.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She is exciting.
5. Where do Amanda and David have their first long talk?
(a) The garage.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The attic.
(d) The garden.
6. Why does Molly not notice all the strange things happening during dinner during the first ordeal?
(a) David distracts her.
(b) Amanda is reading to her.
(c) She is painting.
(d) She has a headache.
7. What is the second ordeal?
(a) Collecting reptiles.
(b) Purifying the house.
(c) Cleansing their auras.
(d) Learning their past history.
8. How does David know Amanda was fighting with Molly before they got to the house?
(a) He could sense the anger.
(b) All of these.
(c) Molly was crying.
(d) Amanda stayed in the car.
9. What is on Amanda's forehead?
(a) A dot.
(b) A triangle.
(c) A painted eye.
(d) A poem.
10. What surprises Molly about David?
(a) He is welcoming to her.
(b) He is not sad all the time.
(c) He likes to cook.
(d) He is helpful.
11. What does Amanda say they must be serious about to be initiated?
12. What does David say is the only thing he can count on Amanda for?
(d) Being late.
13. What does Amanda ask David to help her hunt for?
14. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
(a) He is not comfortable in the house.
(b) They don't have a connection yet.
(c) It is afraid of her.
(d) It senses her unhappiness.
15. How did Esther come by her nick name?
(a) She couldn't say her full name as a child.
(b) She told a school teacher that was her princess name.
(c) Her father studied Tesla.
(d) Her little sister called her that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leah study?
2. What is David's new house called?
3. Why id Amanda disappointed that there are no nearby cemeteries?
4. What does Janie use to complete the first ordeal?
5. Which sibling does Amanda prefer?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)