|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Molly about David?
(a) He likes to cook.
(b) He is not sad all the time.
(c) He is helpful.
(d) He is welcoming to her.
2. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
(a) He is not comfortable in the house.
(b) It senses her unhappiness.
(c) They don't have a connection yet.
(d) It is afraid of her.
3. What herb does Amanda say she finds while with David?
(a) Blood root.
(b) All of these.
(c) Death cup.
4. What does Amanda do when she is alone in her room for the first time?
(a) Calls Leah.
5. What is David's new house called?
(a) The Professor's Keep.
(b) The old Westerly House.
(c) The Convent Place.
(d) The Haunted House.
6. What is on Amanda's forehead?
(a) A triangle.
(b) A dot.
(c) A poem.
(d) A painted eye.
7. How does Amanda get hurt by her familiar?
(a) It bites her.
(b) It rams its head into her.
(c) It scratches her.
(d) All of these.
8. How does Amanda speak when she talks about her animals?
9. What does Janie do that upsets Amanda?
(a) Reads her book.
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Pets the animals.
10. Where does Amanda hope to find some herbs?
(a) The woods.
(b) The garden.
(c) A school house.
(d) A cemetery.
11. Who argues about the test results?
12. How old is David at the beginning of the book?
13. Where do David and Amanda have their first lengthy conversation?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) Her room.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The garage.
14. Why did Jeff marry Molly?
(a) His wife died.
(b) His wife left him.
(c) His children wanted him to.
(d) He left his wife.
15. What does David think will be the biggest challenge in the first ordeal?
(b) Going to school.
(c) Doing chores.
(d) Using the restroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ordeals does Amanda have planned?
2. What does Amanda say she can help David become?
3. How did Esther come by her nick name?
4. Whose alarm clock does David reset before the first ordeal?
5. Who usually stops the twins' arguments?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)