|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeff have to go away for work so suddenly?
(a) There was a last minute opening.
(b) His funding came through suddenly.
(c) He was recently promoted.
(d) The man who planned the trip got sick.
2. How old is David at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Amanda do when she first gets to the house to show she doesn't want to be there?
(a) Stays in the car.
(b) Hits others.
(d) Slams doors.
4. Where do Amanda and David have their first long talk?
(a) The garden.
(b) The attic.
(c) The garage.
(d) The kitchen.
5. How many ordeals does Amanda have planned?
6. How does David know Amanda was fighting with Molly before they got to the house?
(a) All of these.
(b) Amanda stayed in the car.
(c) Molly was crying.
(d) He could sense the anger.
7. What does Janie do that upsets Amanda?
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Pets the animals.
(d) Reads her book.
8. How did Esther come by her nick name?
(a) She couldn't say her full name as a child.
(b) Her father studied Tesla.
(c) Her little sister called her that.
(d) She told a school teacher that was her princess name.
9. What does Amanda test her new siblings for?
(a) Reading abilities.
(b) Open minds.
(c) Psychic talents.
(d) Linguistic talents.
10. Whose alarm clock does David reset before the first ordeal?
11. Where does Amanda hope to find some herbs?
(a) The woods.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A school house.
(d) The garden.
12. What does David say is the only thing he can count on Amanda for?
(b) Being late.
13. Where do David and Amanda have their first lengthy conversation?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) Her room.
(c) The garage.
(d) The front porch.
14. What is the second ordeal?
(a) Purifying the house.
(b) Cleansing their auras.
(c) Collecting reptiles.
(d) Learning their past history.
15. Why does Amanda have so many animals?
(a) She is a naturalist.
(b) She saved them when they were found injured.
(c) She needs them for her occult studies.
(d) She wants to be a vet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David reset an alarm clock before the first ordeal?
2. What does Leah study?
3. What does Tesser use at dinner on the day of the first ordeal?
4. What is Jeff's occupation?
5. Why does Amanda want the second ordeal kept secret?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)