|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeff have to go away for work so suddenly?
(a) The man who planned the trip got sick.
(b) There was a last minute opening.
(c) He was recently promoted.
(d) His funding came through suddenly.
2. Whose alarm clock does David reset before the first ordeal?
3. What does Amanda ask David to help her hunt for?
4. Which sibling does Amanda prefer?
5. What does Esther do too much of when she meets Amanda?
(a) Asks questions.
(c) Plays with her.
(d) Touches her.
6. What does Amanda do when she is alone in her room for the first time?
(b) Calls Leah.
7. What is Molly's occupation?
8. Who usually stops the twins' arguments?
9. How does David feel after his first lengthy conversation with Amanda?
(a) That she is strange.
(b) That she is hurting.
(c) That she will never be happy.
(d) That he understands her.
10. What is David's new house called?
(a) The old Westerly House.
(b) The Convent Place.
(c) The Professor's Keep.
(d) The Haunted House.
11. What does Esther think of Amanda when they first meet?
(a) She is exciting.
(b) She is weird.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She is sad.
12. How does David describe Amanda's clothing?
13. What injury does Amanda say she caused with her powers?
(a) A bruised arm.
(b) A stomach problem.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A headache.
14. How does Molly look when she first brings Amanda to the house?
15. What caused David to dislike Molly at first?
(a) She was not educated.
(b) She had a daughter.
(c) She could not cook.
(d) She was different than his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Jeff be gone for work?
2. Where does Amanda hope to find some herbs?
3. How does David know Amanda was fighting with Molly before they got to the house?
4. What does Amanda test her new siblings for?
5. How does Amanda ask David for help when she gets to the house?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)