|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say is the only thing he can count on Amanda for?
(a) Being late.
2. What is Jeff's occupation?
(d) Land lord.
3. What caused David to dislike Molly at first?
(a) She had a daughter.
(b) She was not educated.
(c) She could not cook.
(d) She was different than his mother.
4. How does David watch Amanda when she first gets to the house?
(a) Peeks around the house.
(b) Stands on the porch.
(c) Looks through a peep hole.
(d) Watches out the window.
5. Why does Blair say Rolor is unhappy?
(a) The house is too cold.
(b) Amanda mistreats him.
(c) He misses his mate.
(d) He is wounded.
6. What surprises Molly about David?
(a) He is helpful.
(b) He likes to cook.
(c) He is not sad all the time.
(d) He is welcoming to her.
7. Where does Amanda hope to find some herbs?
(a) The garden.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) The woods.
(d) A school house.
8. How does Esther feel when she hears about the injury caused by Amanda's power?
9. What has to be avoided in the first ordeal?
10. How long will Jeff be gone for work?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
11. What does Esther think of Amanda when they first meet?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is pretty.
(c) She is weird.
(d) She is exciting.
12. Whose alarm clock does David reset before the first ordeal?
13. What herb does Amanda say she finds while with David?
(a) All of these.
(b) Blood root.
(c) Death cup.
14. What kind of animal is Rolor?
15. Which animal is Amanda's familiar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an animal Amanda has?
2. How old are the twins at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Amanda tell Esther she studies?
4. How does Molly look when she first brings Amanda to the house?
5. What injury does Amanda say her powers once caused?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)