|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Molly look when she first brings Amanda to the house?
2. What caused David to dislike Molly at first?
(a) She was different than his mother.
(b) She was not educated.
(c) She had a daughter.
(d) She could not cook.
3. How does David describe Amanda's clothing?
4. What does Amanda say she can help David become?
(a) An initiate.
(b) An intern.
(c) A warlock.
(d) A neophyte.
5. Why does Amanda prefer a particular sibling?
(a) He doesn't talk.
(b) He is her age.
(c) She is kind.
(d) She likes animals.
6. What does Amanda need David to help with when she gets to the house?
(a) Changing her clothes.
(b) Learning names.
(c) Getting her bags inside.
(d) Finding her room.
7. What surprises Molly about David?
(a) He likes to cook.
(b) He is helpful.
(c) He is welcoming to her.
(d) He is not sad all the time.
8. What does Tesser use at dinner on the day of the first ordeal?
(a) A plastic shovel.
(b) Disposable utensils.
(c) A wooden stick.
(d) The rubber spatula.
9. Why does David reset an alarm clock before the first ordeal?
(a) To keep his part of the first ordeal.
(b) To make everyone run late.
(c) To get more sleep.
(d) To make Amanda angry.
10. What is David's new house called?
(a) The old Westerly House.
(b) The Professor's Keep.
(c) The Haunted House.
(d) The Convent Place.
11. How does Amanda get hurt by her familiar?
(a) It scratches her.
(b) All of these.
(c) It bites her.
(d) It rams its head into her.
12. How does David feel after his first lengthy conversation with Amanda?
(a) That she is hurting.
(b) That she is strange.
(c) That he understands her.
(d) That she will never be happy.
13. How does David know Amanda was fighting with Molly before they got to the house?
(a) All of these.
(b) He could sense the anger.
(c) Amanda stayed in the car.
(d) Molly was crying.
14. What does Janie use to complete the first ordeal?
(d) Pretend games.
15. Why does Blair say Rolor is unhappy?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) Amanda mistreats him.
(c) He misses his mate.
(d) The house is too cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jeff marry Molly?
2. Which sibling does Amanda prefer?
3. Who usually stops the twins' arguments?
4. What does Amanda say the thing on her forehead signifies?
5. What does David say is the only thing he can count on Amanda for?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)