|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David reset an alarm clock before the first ordeal?
(a) To make Amanda angry.
(b) To get more sleep.
(c) To make everyone run late.
(d) To keep his part of the first ordeal.
2. Where did Amanda get her familiar?
(a) At an occult store.
(b) A pet store.
(c) The veterinarian.
(d) On a picnic.
3. What is Jeff's occupation?
(d) Land lord.
4. What does Janie use to complete the first ordeal?
(b) Pretend games.
5. What does Amanda say that the test results revealed?
(a) There is potential.
(b) She is more powerful.
(c) She has never seen weaker.
(d) They are not hopeless.
6. Why did Jeff marry Molly?
(a) His children wanted him to.
(b) His wife left him.
(c) His wife died.
(d) He left his wife.
7. What is on Amanda's forehead?
(a) A painted eye.
(b) A triangle.
(c) A dot.
(d) A poem.
8. How old are the twins at the beginning of the book?
9. Where do Amanda and David have their first long talk?
(a) The garage.
(b) The attic.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garden.
10. What does Janie do that upsets Amanda?
(a) Hugs her.
(c) Pets the animals.
(d) Reads her book.
11. What does Amanda say they must be serious about to be initiated?
12. What is Esther's nick name?
13. How does David feel after his first lengthy conversation with Amanda?
(a) That she is hurting.
(b) That she will never be happy.
(c) That she is strange.
(d) That he understands her.
14. What does Esther think of Amanda when they first meet?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She is weird.
(c) She is exciting.
(d) She is sad.
15. Why does Amanda say her familiar hurts her?
(a) It senses her unhappiness.
(b) He is not comfortable in the house.
(c) It is afraid of her.
(d) They don't have a connection yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda say she can help David become?
2. How does David know Amanda was fighting with Molly before they got to the house?
3. What caused David to dislike Molly at first?
4. What does Amanda tell Esther she studies?
5. Which sibling does Amanda prefer?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)