Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David so good at helping around the house?
2. What does Blair say about Amanda, and why is this so surprising?
3. What does Amanda say about her animals?
4. How did David come to accept his father's new marriage?
5. What does Jeff ask of David the first morning Amanda is in their home?
6. What does Janie do while they weed the garden?
7. How does Amanda get the younger children to help weed the garden?
8. Why does Amanda tell David that she prefers living with her father?
9. How is David motivated by his mother with his situation with Amanda?
10. Why is David seen as so mature for his age?
11. How did Esther get her nickname?
12. Who is Amanda's favorite new sibling, and why?
13. What does Amanda try to always be to keep up her appearance?
14. What happens after David and Amanda speak in the garage?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)