|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Maverick want to give Starr's old laptop?
2. Maverick tells Starr that a rage is passed down through the generations to every black man and that the rage had originated when the black men had been unable to stop what group from hurting their families?
(a) Slave masters.
(d) Government agencies.
3. In what gang are the teens who try to rob Seven and Starr on the basketball court?
(b) Grape Street Crips.
(c) King Lords.
(d) Garden Disciples.
4. When Starr rightly accuses Khalil of selling crack cocaine, what two necessities does he say he had tired of choosing between?
(a) Heat and light.
(b) Food and gas.
(c) Lights and food.
(d) Milk money and bus fare.
5. What type of literature is Mr. Warren teaching about when Starr asks him to continue his lesson to help distract her from her pain on the day of the school protest?
Short Answer Questions
1. For two members of what 90s R and B group are DeVante and Dalvin named?
2. Who is Khalil's biological mother who struggles with a crack cocaine addiction?
3. On her new blog, what does Starr write that Khalil had loved almost as much as he had loved his grandma?
4. Which one of Starr's friends at Williamson Prep has a pixie cut and stays in the school during the protest?
5. What do the Williamson Prep students chant to begin their day of protesting?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)