|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maverick thanks Black Jesus for helping Seven do something he himself did not do, what is it?
(a) Get a high school diploma.
(b) Have safe sex throughout high school.
(c) Escape the projects.
(d) Avoid a criminal record.
2. Starr thinks that what music artist(s) on Maverick's tee shirt makes the police harass Maverick more than Mr. Harris?
(a) The Notorious B.I.G.
(b) Ice T.
3. For what organization does April Ofrah work?
(a) LA Resolution Center.
(c) Just Us for Justice.
(d) Amnesty International.
4. What quality does Starr say that she qualifies as at Williamson Prep because she is black?
(a) An expert on other cultures.
(b) An outsider.
5. Who does Starr say had been the best friend she had ever had?
(b) Uncle Carlos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT listed among the list of poster subjects when Starr describes the posters hanging on the walls of April Ofrah's organization?
2. To what point total do Seven and Starr agree to play when they play one-on-one basketball the day after the riots break out in their neighborhood?
3. On her new blog, what does Starr write that Khalil had loved almost as much as he had loved his grandma?
4. What detail about her birth does Starr learn for the first time as Lisa drives her to her Uncle Carlos's house?
5. What term does Starr apply to the corpses of both Khalil and Natasha as they lie in their coffins?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)