Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the hit song in Japan in the summer of 1948?
2. What philosopher did Emmy call a bear with the manners of a bear?
3. Who wrote the novel, "The Radetzky March"?
4. What did Iggy say it was unwise for a Jewish person to work as during the Depression?
5. What is the title of Chapter 16?
Choose one of the city's de Waal visits in the book.
1. How did war change the city? What was it like before the war?
2. How did each city help develop the identity of de Waal's family?
Examine the Dreyfus affair.
1. What was the Dreyfus affair?
2. How was de Waal affected by the Dreyfus affair?
3. What was Emile Zola's role in the Dreyfus affair?
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)