|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Japanese decide to accept the Pan Pan girls?
2. Why is it seen as dishonorable when Germany invaded Belgium?
3. What is the title of Part 4?
4. Who was appointed the German Chancellor in 1933?
5. Which country do the Ephrussi go to for their long month away?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Dreyfus affair.
1. What was the Dreyfus affair?
2. How was de Waal affected by the Dreyfus affair?
3. What was Emile Zola's role in the Dreyfus affair?
Essay Topic 2
Why do the students think de Waal only shows the life of the rich Jews such as his family members in his book? In light of all the problems, what are the disadvantages with representing only the rich Jewish members of society? How would the meaning of the book changed if he had represented the lives of some of the poorer members of Jewish society?
Essay Topic 3
What does de Waal learn about his family in the book? Why is it so important for him to know about his family? How will this new knowledge about his family help him?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)