|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the hit song in Japan in the summer of 1948?
2. What country did Thomas travel to Odessa from by taxi?
3. Where is the chest from that the wooden Buddha in Iggy's house sits on?
4. What is the title of Chapter 16?
5. What was the name of the Japanese religion implicated in the rise of nationalism?
Essay Topic 1
What has Western Europe done to stop anti-Semitism since World War Two? Have they been successful?
Essay Topic 2
What does de Waal learn about his family in the book? Why is it so important for him to know about his family? How will this new knowledge about his family help him?
Essay Topic 3
How was Hitler able to turn the public against the Jews and other minorities in Germany? What was the environment in Germany that allowed him to create such hatred towards the minorities? What has western Europe done to ensure this won't happen again?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)