Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part 4?
2. Which of the author's family dies on September 30, 1905?
3. Where did Viktor live in England?
4. Who is heir to the Hapsburg Empire in 1914?
5. Who occupied Japan after the Second World War?
Essay Topic 1
How did his family's suffering effect de Waal's own upbringing? How has de Waal tried to cope with what his family has been through? Do the students think second and third generations can be effected by problems that occurred within their family over 50 years before?
Essay Topic 2
In the book the author describes how the American attack and occupation changed Japan.
1. What was Japan like before the war? How did America ideals change Japan?
2. How did the Japanese cope with the change? Do they harbor any bitterness towards the Americans?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)