|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Viktor receive a visa for on March 1, 1939?
2. What does Rilke celebrate in his poem Funf Gesange?
3. What subject did Elisabeth teach in England to earn extra money?
4. Who died on November 21, 1916?
5. What two countries had Iggy been offered placements in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What has Western Europe done to stop anti-Semitism since World War Two? Have they been successful?
Essay Topic 3
Why do the students think de Waal only shows the life of the rich Jews such as his family members in his book? In light of all the problems, what are the disadvantages with representing only the rich Jewish members of society? How would the meaning of the book changed if he had represented the lives of some of the poorer members of Jewish society?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)