|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Part 4?
2. Which South American country declared war on Austria?
3. What country does Gisela go to during the war?
4. What philosopher did Emmy call a bear with the manners of a bear?
5. Why didn't the critics like netsuke?
(a) They thought they were overdone.
(b) They thought they were too delicate.
(c) They thought no effort went into making them.
(d) They thought they had no color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a young Jew shoot Ernst von Rath?
2. What is the title of Chapter 31?
3. In which city was it arranged for Iggy to begin his studies?
4. What does Rilke celebrate in his poem Funf Gesange?
5. What did many Japanese men have to wear after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it suggested that the American took advantage of the Japanese during their occupation of the country?
2. Describe Emmy's relationship with her children.
3. Why does the author think the Japanese are so good with their hands?
4. How did Vienna change during the war?
5. What was the children's relationship with the netsuke?
6. How did the Japanese company Sony develop?
7. Why were the netsuke so important to the children?
8. How did the First World War start?
9. What does Edmund's father find for Edmund that he thinks will be important to his research?
10. Describe the family apartment when Elisabeth visits after the second world war.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)