|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Austrian national anthem?
(a) Schon Tag.
(b) Menshen, Menschen.
(c) Gott Liebe Dich.
(d) Gott Erhalte.
2. Who does Elisabeth write a letter to in Chapter 20?
(b) Her mother.
(c) The Archduke.
(d) Her father.
3. What did the Japanese call the make-up clad girls who used to go with American soldiers?
(a) Lo Lo girls.
(b) Pan Pan girls.
(c) Wild Things.
(d) Go Go girls.
4. Who dies on October 12, 1938?
5. In which city did Henrik de Waal grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Thomas travel to Odessa from by taxi?
2. Where is the chest from that the wooden Buddha in Iggy's house sits on?
3. Which country do the Ephrussi go to for their long month away?
4. What product are people in Vienna most in need of in the autumn of 1914?
5. What did Tomokazu excel in making?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were conditions like in Tokyo in 1947?
2. Describe Emmy's relationship with her children.
3. Describe the family apartment when Elisabeth visits after the second world war.
4. How did Vienna change during the war?
5. How did the Japanese company Sony develop?
6. Describe Hendrik de Waal.
7. What does Edmund discover about how Viktor and Emmy lived their lives?
8. How is it suggested that the American took advantage of the Japanese during their occupation of the country?
9. Why does Edmund think Emmy had so many lovers over the years?
10. How did Viktor escape Slovakia?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)