|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many Japanese men have to wear after the war?
(a) Their army uniforms.
(b) Their swimming costumes.
(c) Their gowns.
(d) Their kimonos.
2. What famous writer said a library was an act of faith?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Franz Kafka.
(d) Thomas Mann.
3. What subject did Elisabeth teach in England to earn extra money?
4. What country does Gisela go to during the war?
5. What was printed on the dial of the English Radio?
(a) The names of countries.
(b) The names of English singers.
(c) The names of capital cities.
(d) The names of German novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Germany declare war on on the 1st of August?
2. What did Iggy visit for the first time in October 1947?
3. Which of the following objects is placed on a tray to play Kim's Game?
4. What does Rilke celebrate in his poem Funf Gesange?
5. What two countries had Iggy been offered placements in?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)