|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was appointed the German Chancellor in 1933?
2. Which of the following objects is placed on a tray to play Kim's Game?
(a) Pip's revolver.
(b) Charles' netsuke.
(c) Emmy's book of poetry.
(d) Vitkors sword.
3. By what name was James Morris later called?
(a) Patra Yearly.
(b) Gay Talese.
(c) Jan Morris.
(d) Frank Morris.
4. What is Thomas an expert on?
(a) The conflict in Odessa.
(b) The conflict in Berlin.
(c) The conflict in Vienna.
(d) The conflict in Caucasus.
5. What did Iggy visit for the first time in October 1947?
(a) His grandchildren.
(b) His mother's grave.
(c) The house in Tunbridge Wells.
(d) His father's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 20?
2. What was printed on the dial of the English Radio?
3. What is the title of Chapter 31?
4. Which South American country declared war on Austria?
5. What does Richter and Henker translate to in English?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Anna save the netsuke?
2. Why are Joseph Roth's novels so interesting to Edmund?
3. Why does the author think the Japanese are so good with their hands?
4. Describe Hendrik de Waal.
5. What does Edmund discover about how Viktor and Emmy lived their lives?
6. Why did Iggy like Japan?
7. How did life in Vienna change after Hitler visited the city?
8. What signs are there in Chapter 24 that the Nazis are taking over?
9. How did Austrian government react to the atrocities of World War Two?
10. How did Elisabeth help her parents flee the country?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)