|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject at school does the author say Iggy is not good at?
2. What did Iggy visit for the first time in October 1947?
(a) His father's grave.
(b) His grandchildren.
(c) The house in Tunbridge Wells.
(d) His mother's grave.
3. Who dies on October 12, 1938?
4. In which city did Henrik de Waal grow up?
5. Who is talking to Emmy in the picture in Chapter 17 taken in 1906?
(a) The Archduke.
(c) The Empress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author call the woman cleaning the steps at the Sushi restaurant?
2. Where did Viktor live in England?
3. What country does Viktor help his cousins get to?
4. Who was appointed the German Chancellor in 1933?
5. Who had bombed Tokyo for three years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Viktor escape Slovakia?
2. What signs are there in Chapter 24 that the Nazis are taking over?
3. What were conditions like in Tokyo in 1947?
4. What was Elisabeth's passion as a student?
5. What does Edmund's father find for Edmund that he thinks will be important to his research?
6. How did Anna save the netsuke?
7. Why were the netsuke so important to the children?
8. How did the Japanese company Sony develop?
9. What problems does Viktor have with the vitrine in Chapter 15?
10. How is it suggested that the American took advantage of the Japanese during their occupation of the country?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)