|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Looting the City.
(b) An Ideal Spot for Mass Marches.
(c) Flying to a New Destiny.
(d) Waiting for Disaster.
2. What did Iggy learn how to sketch at the third rung fashion house?
(b) Tea gowns.
(d) Female models.
3. Where did a young Jew shoot Ernst von Rath?
(a) The Ring Strasse.
(b) The German Parliament.
(c) The German Embassy in London.
(d) The German Embassy in Paris.
4. What instrument does Henrik de Waal play?
5. What was the name of the hit song in Japan in the summer of 1948?
(a) Kyoko Kaps.
(b) Tokyo Boogie Woogie.
(c) Twist and Shout.
(d) The Waltz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part 4?
2. What was the name of Iggy's partner?
3. What do Mussolini, Chamberlain and Daladier sign on September 30th?
4. What two places does the author say Emmy knows how to live in?
5. Who does Elisabeth write a letter to in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Emmy's relationship with her children.
2. Why does Edmund think Emmy had so many lovers over the years?
3. What signs are there in Chapter 24 that the Nazis are taking over?
4. Why did Iggy like Japan?
5. How did the Japanese company Sony develop?
6. How did Vienna change during the war?
7. How did life in Vienna change after Hitler visited the city?
8. Describe Hendrik de Waal.
9. How did the First World War start?
10. How did Anna save the netsuke?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)