|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 27?
(a) The Years of Thinking.
(b) Finding Nothing but Hate.
(c) The Tears of Things.
(d) Feeling Through the Darkness.
2. What is the name of the Austrian national anthem?
(a) Menshen, Menschen.
(b) Gott Erhalte.
(c) Gott Liebe Dich.
(d) Schon Tag.
3. Which country promises to support Austria against the Serbs?
4. What was printed on the dial of the English Radio?
(a) The names of countries.
(b) The names of German novels.
(c) The names of capital cities.
(d) The names of English singers.
5. What is the nationality of the man who assassinates the Archduke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Iggy go to from Paris?
2. Which of the author's family dies on September 30, 1905?
3. Which South American country declared war on Austria?
4. What did Charles leave Emmy in his will?
5. Why kind of parties did Iggy find very boring?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Japanese company Sony develop?
2. Why does the author think the Japanese are so good with their hands?
3. How does the author describe Emmy and Viktor's three children?
4. What does Edmund's father find for Edmund that he thinks will be important to his research?
5. Describe Hendrik de Waal.
6. What was Elisabeth's passion as a student?
7. Describe Emmy's relationship with her children.
8. Why did Iggy find it easy to settle down in Tokyo than some other foreigners?
9. Why does Edmund think Emmy had so many lovers over the years?
10. How did the First World War start?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)