|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 34?
(a) Laughing Eith the Dead
(b) Working Through the Mud and Grain.
(c) On a Hatstand.
(d) On Polish.
2. Where are the three cities the author travels to in the Coda section?
(a) Tokoyo, Odessa, London.
(b) Birmingham, Berlin, Munich.
(c) Vienna, Kyoto, St. Petersburg.
(d) Paris, Moscow, Vienna.
3. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Family in Trouble.
(b) Liberty Hall.
(c) Belly Up.
(d) Kristall Nacht.
4. Where did Viktor live in England?
(d) Tunbridge Wells.
5. By what name was James Morris later called?
(a) Jan Morris.
(b) Frank Morris.
(c) Gay Talese.
(d) Patra Yearly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 20?
2. Who does Elisabeth write a letter to in Chapter 20?
3. Who had bombed Tokyo for three years?
4. What did Tomokazu excel in making?
5. What subject at school does the author say Iggy is not good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the children's relationship with the netsuke?
2. Why was Iggy happy to settle down in Tokyo?
3. In what way were conditions worsening at the end of Chapter 23?
4. How did Elisabeth help her parents flee the country?
5. How did Anna save the netsuke?
6. What does Edmund's father find for Edmund that he thinks will be important to his research?
7. Why did Iggy find it easy to settle down in Tokyo than some other foreigners?
8. Why does the author think the Japanese are so good with their hands?
9. How did the Japanese company Sony develop?
10. What signs are there in Chapter 24 that the Nazis are taking over?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)