|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Monet painting Charles convinced his friend to buy?
(a) Venus in Furs.
2. What was Charles' nickname?
(a) Waltzing Boy.
(b) Dancing Dave.
(c) Cheeky Charlie.
(d) Fox Trotter.
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) So Light, So Soft to the Touch.
(b) A Mahout to Guide Her.
(c) People are so Kind.
(d) A Penny From Heaven.
4. Why did Renoir say Charles was drawn to gaudy colors?
(a) He wasn't an artist.
(b) He was too rich to understand.
(c) He was a Jew.
(d) He had working class roots.
5. What businessman was given the title of King of the Jews?
(a) James de Rothschild.
(b) Emile Zola.
(c) Rupert Murdoch.
(d) Joel Coen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Renoir's portraits of Louise's two daughters exhibited?
2. What was the name of the man that Charles brought his netsukes from?
3. In which art gallery does Monet's Les bains de la Grenouillere now hang?
4. What does the author call an art?
5. What did Charles give Viktor for a wedding present?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Westerners view Japanese art as so different?
2. What does Edmund think was strange about Charles' relationship with the Impressionist painters?
3. What passion did Charles and his love share?
4. How did Charles live his life differently from his brothers?
5. Describe the Ringstrasse when it was first built in Vienna.
6. What does Edmund learn about Charles at the end of Chapter 3?
7. How did the Dreyfus affair change Charles' attitude towards life?
8. How did Charles start collecting?
9. What was expected of Viktor and his friends?
10. How does Edmund describe his family's palais?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)