|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edmund say the netsuke were different from most other art pieces?
(a) Very little time was spent making them.
(b) They could only be viewed under a microscope.
(c) The were made to be touched.
(d) They were unbreakable.
2. What was the name of the man that Charles brought his netsukes from?
3. What was the name of the party Dr. Karl Lueger founded?
(a) The Christian Social Parts.
(b) The Green Party.
(c) The Nazi Party.
(d) The Social National Party.
4. What is this the name of the affair that was seen as the peak of anti-Semitism in France?
(a) The Rothschild Affair.
(b) The American Affair.
(c) The Zola Affair.
(d) The Dreyfus Affair.
5. What is the name of the book Herr Wessel made Viktor translate from English into German?
(a) The Guiness Book of World Records.
(b) The Wandering Jew.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 3?
2. What does the staircase in the medical insurance office curl up like?
3. In which city does Hotel Ephrussi have its counterpart?
4. What is Edmund"s occupation?
5. Which famous person found the Ringstrasse enchanting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Drumont write about Jews in his anti-Semetic newspaper?
2. How did Charles help Laforgue?
3. What evidence does de Waal to prove Charles was friends with all the great Paris artists of the late 19th century?
4. What does Edmund think was strange about Charles' relationship with the Impressionist painters?
5. How did the Dreyfus affair effect Jewish people?
6. How did Charles live his life differently from his brothers?
7. What was expected of Viktor and his friends?
8. How does the author describe Proust?
9. How does Edmund describe his family's palais?
10. How does Edmund imagine the house was like when Charles and his brothers lived there?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)