|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Ignace's children does the author call long-faced and huge-eyed?
2. Who was elected mayor of Vienna in 1897?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Karl Lueger.
(c) Thomas Mann.
(d) Franz Ferdinant.
3. Where in Vienna was Viktor"s mansion located?
4. What building's ceiling did Baudry decorate?
(a) The Paris Cathredral.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) The Paris Opera.
(d) The Eiffel Tower
5. What is the name of the book Herr Wessel made Viktor translate from English into German?
(a) The Wandering Jew.
(b) The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Guiness Book of World Records.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered the Ring to be be built?
2. Whose work did Renoir call Jew Art?
3. What did Viktor and his wife, Emmy, inherit?
4. What rumors are going around about Charles at the end of Chapter 9?
5. In which Russian city were Jews allowed to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does de Waal to prove Charles was friends with all the great Paris artists of the late 19th century?
2. How did the Dreyfus affair change Charles' attitude towards life?
3. What was expected of Viktor and his friends?
4. What does Edmund think was strange about Charles' relationship with the Impressionist painters?
5. Why was Odessa an important city for the Jews?
6. What were Herr Wessel's teaching methods?
7. What passion did Charles and his love share?
8. Describe Edmund's relative Ignace von Ephrussi.
9. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
10. How does Edmund imagine the house was like when Charles and his brothers lived there?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)