|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which famous painting is Charles depicted?
(b) Luncheon of he Boating Party.
(c) Falling in Love.
(d) Venus in Furs.
2. Whose work did Renoir call Jew Art?
(c) Van Gogh's.
3. Why was Freud once called a dirty Jew on a train?
(a) He ate a sandwich in a train carriage.
(b) He opened a window.
(c) He kissed a gentile woman.
(d) He spilled his coffee.
4. What color eyes does the netsuke hair have?
5. In which Russian city were Jews allowed to live?
(b) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author say is the best place out side of Japan to see Japanese art?
2. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
3. Who was elected mayor of Vienna in 1897?
4. What was the occupation of Jules Laforgue?
5. What painter did Charles help out when he was broke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
2. How did the Dreyfus affair effect Jewish people?
3. What were Herr Wessel's teaching methods?
4. What was expected of Viktor and his friends?
5. How did anti-Jewish feeling in France effect Charles?
6. Why did Westerners view Japanese art as so different?
7. What was the family's goal in terms of their grain business?
8. Why was Odessa an important city for the Jews?
9. Describe Edmund's relative Ignace von Ephrussi.
10. What passion did Charles and his love share?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)