Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the writer who famously supported Dreyfus?
2. Which of Charles' engravings does Edmund wonder if visitors to his house saw?
(a) The Nuovo Rebeccani.
(b) The uno la.
(c) The English Patient.
(d) The lit de parade
3. What rumors are going around about Charles at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) He is homosexual.
(b) He Jewish.
(c) He is bisexual.
(d) He is an antisemite.
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Thoughful Ponderings.
(c) A Box of Children's Sweets.
(d) Examining the Japnese.
5. What was the name of Viktor's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did people say the Japanese created small artwork?
2. What is the name of the woman whose Salon Charles visits?
3. What was the name of the artist that Charles wrote about?
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
5. What was Renoir accused of by his peers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Emmy's relationship with her children.
2. What evidence does de Waal to prove Charles was friends with all the great Paris artists of the late 19th century?
3. What does Edmund do while they are in Odessa?
4. Why does Edmund think Emmy had so many lovers over the years?
5. Describe Edmund's relative Ignace von Ephrussi.
6. How does Edmund describe his family's palais?
7. How did anti-Jewish feeling in France effect Charles?
8. What did Drumont write about Jews in his anti-Semetic newspaper?
9. How does Edmund imagine the house was like when Charles and his brothers lived there?
10. In what way were conditions worsening at the end of Chapter 23?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)