|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does Edmund live?
2. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) People are so Kind.
(b) A Mahout to Guide Her.
(c) So Light, So Soft to the Touch.
(d) A Penny From Heaven.
3. Where does the author say was the best place to buy Japanese art?
4. What was the name of the party Dr. Karl Lueger founded?
(a) The Social National Party.
(b) The Green Party.
(c) The Nazi Party.
(d) The Christian Social Parts.
5. What is the name of the woman whose Salon Charles visits?
(a) Madame Straus.
(b) Miss Little.
(c) Miss Weaver.
(d) madame Beatrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which modern art movement did Charles most admire?
2. In which city did Jules become a successful business man?
3. Which of Charles' brothers was a playboy?
4. What businessman was given the title of King of the Jews?
5. Why was Freud once called a dirty Jew on a train?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
2. How did Charles start collecting?
3. How did anti-Jewish feeling in France effect Charles?
4. What problems were Charles and his relative having at the end of Chapter 20?
5. What were Herr Wessel's teaching methods?
6. What was Sichel's view of Japan?
7. Describe the Ringstrasse when it was first built in Vienna.
8. How does Edmund imagine the house was like when Charles and his brothers lived there?
9. How did the Dreyfus affair effect Jewish people?
10. What evidence does de Waal to prove Charles was friends with all the great Paris artists of the late 19th century?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)