|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What publication does Charles write for?
(a) The Guardian.
(b) The Gazette.
(c) The Journal.
(d) The Times.
2. In which city did Viktor live?
3. What was the name of the writer who famously supported Dreyfus?
4. What was the name of the Monet painting Charles convinced his friend to buy?
(b) Venus in Furs.
5. What rumors are going around about Charles at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) He is bisexual.
(b) He is an antisemite.
(c) He is homosexual.
(d) He Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Vienna was Viktor"s mansion located?
2. What can Edmund envision Charles wearing as he sits in his yellow armchair?
3. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
4. What was the name of the prison Dreyfus was sent to live in solitary confinement?
5. What were the golden serving dishes shaped like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charles live his life differently from his brothers?
2. What does Edmund think was strange about Charles' relationship with the Impressionist painters?
3. Why was Japan a box of sweets for foreigners in the 1880s?
4. What does Edmund learn about Charles at the end of Chapter 3?
5. How did anti-Jewish feeling in France effect Charles?
6. How does Edmund imagine the house was like when Charles and his brothers lived there?
7. How did Charles help Laforgue?
8. Why does Charles buy a vitrine in Chapter 6?
9. How did the Dreyfus affair effect Jewish people?
10. How did Charles start collecting?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)