|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) The Purple Wig.
(b) The Red Pullover.
(c) The Angry Puppy.
(d) The Yellow Armchair.
2. What did Viktor and his wife, Emmy, inherit?
(a) The netsukes.
(b) The Ephrussi Bank.
(d) The Rothschild mansion.
3. In which city did Viktor live?
4. What is a vitrine?
(a) An alcoholic drink.
(b) A glass cabinet.
(c) A netsuke polish.
(d) A pair of tweezers.
5. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(a) A Penny Store.
(b) A Penny For Your Thought.
(c) So Light, So Soft to the Touch.
(d) The Start of The Super Store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What building's ceiling did Baudry decorate?
2. Which Proust character was Charles said to be the model for?
3. In which Russian city were Jews allowed to live?
4. What painter did Charles help out when he was broke?
5. In which famous painting is Charles depicted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Dreyfus affair effect Jewish people?
2. How does the author describe Proust?
3. How did anti-Jewish feeling in France effect Charles?
4. What was the family's goal in terms of their grain business?
5. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
6. What were Herr Wessel's teaching methods?
7. Describe the Ringstrasse when it was first built in Vienna.
8. Describe Edmund's relative Ignace von Ephrussi.
9. How did Charles start collecting?
10. How did Charles live his life differently from his brothers?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)