|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What businessman was given the title of King of the Jews?
(a) Rupert Murdoch.
(b) Joel Coen.
(c) James de Rothschild.
(d) Emile Zola.
2. Who said he would protect the the Viennese Jews?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Karl Lueger.
(d) Josef Stalin.
3. What was the name of the prison Dreyfus was sent to live in solitary confinement?
(b) Port Island.
(d) Devil's Island.
4. In which famous painting is Charles depicted?
(a) Luncheon of he Boating Party.
(c) Falling in Love.
(d) Venus in Furs.
5. Which modern art movement did Charles most admire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does the author say was like a box of sweets?
2. What building's ceiling did Baudry decorate?
3. In which Russian city were Jews allowed to live?
4. What was Durer's nationality?
5. What were the golden serving dishes shaped like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charles help Laforgue?
2. What were Herr Wessel's teaching methods?
3. What can de Waal envision as he scans Charles' room?
4. Why did Westerners view Japanese art as so different?
5. Why was Odessa an important city for the Jews?
6. What was Sichel's view of Japan?
7. Why was Japan a box of sweets for foreigners in the 1880s?
8. What does Edmund think was strange about Charles' relationship with the Impressionist painters?
9. How does Edmund describe his family's palais?
10. What did Drumont write about Jews in his anti-Semetic newspaper?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)