|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following painters did Charles correspond with?
(b) Van Gogh.
2. What was expected of Viktor and his friends?
(a) To take over the government.
(b) To marry and be successful.
(c) To become artists.
(d) To create a Jewish state.
3. What publication does Charles write for?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Gazette.
(c) The Guardian.
(d) The Journal.
4. What was the main export out of Odessa?
5. What did Viktor and his wife, Emmy, inherit?
(a) The Rothschild mansion.
(c) The Ephrussi Bank.
(d) The netsukes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund compare glass cases in museums to?
2. What painter did Charles help out when he was broke?
3. Which does the author state the one thing Emmy was very good at?
4. Whose work did Renoir call Jew Art?
5. What was the occupation of Jules Laforgue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charles buy a vitrine in Chapter 6?
2. Why does the author think the Japanese are so good with their hands?
3. How did the Dreyfus affair effect Jewish people?
4. Describe the Ringstrasse when it was first built in Vienna.
5. How did life in Vienna change after Hitler visited the city?
6. How did the Japanese company Sony develop?
7. How did Charles help Laforgue?
8. How did Vienna change during the war?
9. How did Austrian government react to the atrocities of World War Two?
10. How did Charles start collecting?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)