|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building's ceiling did Baudry decorate?
(a) The Paris Opera.
(b) The Paris Cathredral.
(c) The Eiffel Tower
(d) The Louvre.
2. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Examining the Japnese.
(b) A Box of Children's Sweets.
(c) Thoughful Ponderings.
3. In which famous painting is Charles depicted?
(a) Luncheon of he Boating Party.
(c) Falling in Love.
(d) Venus in Furs.
4. What is the name of Louise's new lover?
5. What is a vitrine?
(a) A glass cabinet.
(b) A pair of tweezers.
(c) A netsuke polish.
(d) An alcoholic drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of art did Louise and Charles have a shared passion for?
2. What is this the name of the affair that was seen as the peak of anti-Semitism in France?
3. In which city does Hotel Ephrussi have its counterpart?
4. Who does the Princess regard to be her Mahout?
5. Why was Freud once called a dirty Jew on a train?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charles spend his time in Paris?
2. What passion did Charles and his love share?
3. How did Charles help Laforgue?
4. What problems were Charles and his relative having at the end of Chapter 20?
5. Why was Odessa an important city for the Jews?
6. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
7. What was the family's goal in terms of their grain business?
8. How does Edmund describe his family's palais?
9. What evidence does de Waal to prove Charles was friends with all the great Paris artists of the late 19th century?
10. What did Drumont write about Jews in his anti-Semetic newspaper?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)