|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(a) The Start of The Super Store.
(b) A Penny Store.
(c) A Penny For Your Thought.
(d) So Light, So Soft to the Touch.
2. What does Edmund compare glass cases in museums to?
(c) Show windows.
3. What was the name of the writer who famously supported Dreyfus?
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(b) Examining the Japnese.
(c) A Box of Children's Sweets.
(d) Thoughful Ponderings.
5. What does the staircase in the medical insurance office curl up like?
(a) A trail of saliva.
(b) A sleeping python.
(c) A winner's ribbon.
(d) A coil of smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does the author say was like a box of sweets?
2. What was the name of the prison Dreyfus was sent to live in solitary confinement?
3. In which art gallery does Monet's Les bains de la Grenouillere now hang?
4. What does the author call an art?
5. What can Edmund envision Charles wearing as he sits in his yellow armchair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Proust?
2. How does Edmund imagine the house was like when Charles and his brothers lived there?
3. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
4. Why does Charles buy a vitrine in Chapter 6?
5. What was expected of Viktor and his friends?
6. Why did Westerners view Japanese art as so different?
7. What evidence does de Waal to prove Charles was friends with all the great Paris artists of the late 19th century?
8. What does Edmund learn about Charles at the end of Chapter 3?
9. How did the Dreyfus affair change Charles' attitude towards life?
10. How did Charles start collecting?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)