|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dreyfus accused of?
2. How does Edmund say the netsuke were different from most other art pieces?
(a) They could only be viewed under a microscope.
(b) The were made to be touched.
(c) They were unbreakable.
(d) Very little time was spent making them.
3. What painter did Charles help out when he was broke?
(c) Van Gogh.
4. What is the name of Louise's new lover?
5. Whose work did Renoir call Jew Art?
(a) Van Gogh's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only place in the world that had a bigger population of Jews than Vienna?
2. What publication does Charles write for?
3. What is Edmund"s occupation?
4. What was Charles' nickname?
5. What country did Charles decide to travel to shortly after arriving in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Emmy's relationship with her children.
2. Why does the author think the Japanese are so good with their hands?
3. How did Austrian government react to the atrocities of World War Two?
4. How does the author describe Proust?
5. How did Viktor escape Slovakia?
6. How did Charles live his life differently from his brothers?
7. Describe the family apartment when Elisabeth visits after the second world war.
8. How did the Dreyfus affair change Charles' attitude towards life?
9. What can de Waal envision as he scans Charles' room?
10. Describe Hendrik de Waal.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)