|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Renoir accused of by his peers?
(a) Stealing their girlfriends.
(c) Inhumane painting.
(d) Painting to order.
2. Who said he would protect the the Viennese Jews?
(a) Karl Lueger.
(b) Josef Stalin.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. What was the name of the writer who famously supported Dreyfus?
4. What kind of art did Louise and Charles have a shared passion for?
(a) Chinese art.
(b) Russian art.
(c) Japanese art.
(d) Jewish art.
5. What were Jews blamed for in the 1880s?
(a) The plague.
(b) The Boer War.
(c) Deaths of children.
(d) The financial problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Louise's new lover?
2. Which Proust character was Charles said to be the model for?
3. What is the title of Chapter 5?
4. Where in Vienna was Viktor"s mansion located?
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the family's goal in terms of their grain business?
2. What does Edmund learn about Charles at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What were Herr Wessel's teaching methods?
4. What did Drumont write about Jews in his anti-Semetic newspaper?
5. How did Charles live his life differently from his brothers?
6. How did Charles spend his time in Paris?
7. What was Sichel's view of Japan?
8. How does Edmund imagine the house was like when Charles and his brothers lived there?
9. What evidence does de Waal to prove Charles was friends with all the great Paris artists of the late 19th century?
10. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)