|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman whose Salon Charles visits?
(a) Miss Weaver.
(b) madame Beatrice.
(c) Miss Little.
(d) Madame Straus.
2. What businessman was given the title of King of the Jews?
(a) Emile Zola.
(b) Rupert Murdoch.
(c) James de Rothschild.
(d) Joel Coen.
3. Who said he would protect the the Viennese Jews?
(a) Karl Lueger.
(b) Josef Stalin.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) Winston Churchill.
4. Who ordered the Ring to be be built?
(a) Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Franz Joseph.
(c) Maria Theresa.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
5. What was the main export out of Odessa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Herr Wessel made Viktor translate from English into German?
2. What is the title of Chapter 7?
3. What was the name of the party Dr. Karl Lueger founded?
4. Where does the author say is the best place out side of Japan to see Japanese art?
5. What painter did Charles help out when he was broke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund think was strange about Charles' relationship with the Impressionist painters?
2. Why was Japan a box of sweets for foreigners in the 1880s?
3. What does Edmund learn about Charles at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How did the Dreyfus affair effect Jewish people?
5. What was the family's goal in terms of their grain business?
6. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
7. Why did Westerners view Japanese art as so different?
8. Describe Edmund's relative Ignace von Ephrussi.
9. How does the author describe Proust?
10. How did Charles help Laforgue?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)