|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of publication was the gazette?
(a) A news journal.
(b) A monthly mens' magazine.
(c) An art periodical.
(d) A literary journal.
2. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
3. What were the golden serving dishes shaped like?
4. What is the name of Louise's new lover?
5. What was Durer's nationality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a vitrine?
2. Who was elected mayor of Vienna in 1897?
3. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
4. What color eyes does the netsuke hair have?
5. Which of Charles' brothers was a playboy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Westerners view Japanese art as so different?
2. How did Charles live his life differently from his brothers?
3. How did Charles spend his time in Paris?
4. What evidence does de Waal to prove Charles was friends with all the great Paris artists of the late 19th century?
5. What was Sichel's view of Japan?
6. What was the family's goal in terms of their grain business?
7. Describe Edmund's relative Ignace von Ephrussi.
8. How did anti-Jewish feeling in France effect Charles?
9. How does Edmund imagine the house was like when Charles and his brothers lived there?
10. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)