|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Freud once called a dirty Jew on a train?
(a) He ate a sandwich in a train carriage.
(b) He kissed a gentile woman.
(c) He opened a window.
(d) He spilled his coffee.
2. What is Edmund"s occupation?
3. What material were the netsuke rates made from?
4. What pose does Charles hold in Manet's painting?
(a) He is kissing the hand of a young lady.
(b) He is sitting with his back to the painter.
(c) He is lying onthe grass smoking.
(d) He is standing up in a boat flexing his muscles.
5. What was the name of the cafe that was the meeting point for young writers?
(a) Pembroke Cafe.
(b) Griensteidl Cafe.
(c) Das Stadt Cafe.
(d) Oxford Cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 7?
2. What does Edmund compare glass cases in museums to?
3. What was the name of the party Dr. Karl Lueger founded?
4. What was Renoir accused of by his peers?
5. What were the golden serving dishes shaped like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund's father find for Edmund that he thinks will be important to his research?
2. How did the First World War start?
3. Why does Charles buy a vitrine in Chapter 6?
4. What was Sichel's view of Japan?
5. What was the children's relationship with the netsuke?
6. How has Edmund decided to treat his netsuke?
7. Why was Japan a box of sweets for foreigners in the 1880s?
8. How did the Japanese company Sony develop?
9. Why were the netsuke so important to the children?
10. Why did Westerners view Japanese art as so different?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)