|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Proust character was Charles said to be the model for?
2. What was Charles' nickname?
(a) Waltzing Boy.
(b) Cheeky Charlie.
(c) Dancing Dave.
(d) Fox Trotter.
3. What country does the author say was like a box of sweets?
4. What was the occupation of Jules Laforgue?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A novelist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A poet.
5. What kind of art did Louise and Charles have a shared passion for?
(a) Russian art.
(b) Chinese art.
(c) Jewish art.
(d) Japanese art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Charles' engravings does Edmund wonder if visitors to his house saw?
2. What did Viktor and his wife, Emmy, inherit?
3. In which city did Viktor live?
4. Where in Vienna was Viktor"s mansion located?
5. What publication does Charles write for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the First World War start?
2. Why does the author think the Japanese are so good with their hands?
3. How did the Japanese company Sony develop?
4. Why was Odessa an important city for the Jews?
5. What was the children's relationship with the netsuke?
6. How did the Dreyfus affair change Charles' attitude towards life?
7. Describe the Ringstrasse when it was first built in Vienna.
8. How did Charles help Laforgue?
9. What does Edmund discuss with Jiro in Chapter 35?
10. What were Herr Wessel's teaching methods?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)