|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Examining the Japnese.
(c) Thoughful Ponderings.
(d) A Box of Children's Sweets.
2. What kind of publication was the gazette?
(a) A news journal.
(b) A literary journal.
(c) A monthly mens' magazine.
(d) An art periodical.
3. Who ordered the Ring to be be built?
(a) Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Maria Theresa.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Franz Joseph.
4. In which city did Jules become a successful business man?
5. Why did people say the Japanese created small artwork?
(a) They are small people.
(b) They like to wear their artwork as necklaces.
(c) They had to hide from the authorities.
(d) It is part of their tradition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund compare glass cases in museums to?
2. What is the title of Chapter 7?
3. Why did Renoir say Charles was drawn to gaudy colors?
4. What was considered a Jewish sin?
5. In which city did Viktor live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
2. What problems were Charles and his relative having at the end of Chapter 20?
3. How does the author describe Proust?
4. How did Charles live his life differently from his brothers?
5. Describe Edmund's relative Ignace von Ephrussi.
6. How does Edmund imagine the house was like when Charles and his brothers lived there?
7. What did Drumont write about Jews in his anti-Semetic newspaper?
8. How does Edmund describe his family's palais?
9. How did Charles help Laforgue?
10. Why does Charles buy a vitrine in Chapter 6?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)