|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which famous painting is Charles depicted?
(a) Venus in Furs.
(b) Luncheon of he Boating Party.
(d) Falling in Love.
2. How does Edmund say the netsuke were different from most other art pieces?
(a) They could only be viewed under a microscope.
(b) The were made to be touched.
(c) They were unbreakable.
(d) Very little time was spent making them.
3. Where does the author say was the best place to buy Japanese art?
4. Which of Charles' engravings does Edmund wonder if visitors to his house saw?
(a) The uno la.
(b) The lit de parade
(c) The Nuovo Rebeccani.
(d) The English Patient.
5. Who said he would protect the the Viennese Jews?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Josef Stalin.
(c) Karl Lueger.
(d) The Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Renoir's portraits of Louise's two daughters exhibited?
2. What publication does Charles write for?
3. In which city does Edmund live?
4. In which city did Viktor live?
5. Which does the author state the one thing Emmy was very good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edmund think he has fallen for Charles?
2. Why was Odessa an important city for the Jews?
3. How did the Dreyfus affair change Charles' attitude towards life?
4. What passion did Charles and his love share?
5. How does Edmund describe his family's palais?
6. How does the author describe Proust?
7. How does Edmund imagine the house was like when Charles and his brothers lived there?
8. What was Sichel's view of Japan?
9. What did Drumont write about Jews in his anti-Semetic newspaper?
10. Describe Edmund's relative Ignace von Ephrussi.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)