|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Viktor and his wife, Emmy, inherit?
(b) The Rothschild mansion.
(c) The netsukes.
(d) The Ephrussi Bank.
2. What is Edmund"s occupation?
3. What rumors are going around about Charles at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) He is an antisemite.
(b) He Jewish.
(c) He is homosexual.
(d) He is bisexual.
4. What does the author call an art?
(a) Star gazing.
(b) House watching.
(c) House sitting.
(d) Autograph hunting.
5. Where does the author say is the best place out side of Japan to see Japanese art?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Jews blamed for in the 1880s?
2. Who does the author think Charles may have bought the netsukes to please?
3. What country does the author say was like a box of sweets?
4. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
5. What is the title of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the family's goal in terms of their grain business?
2. How did the Dreyfus affair change Charles' attitude towards life?
3. Describe the Ringstrasse when it was first built in Vienna.
4. How did anti-Jewish feeling in France effect Charles?
5. What does Edmund learn about Charles at the end of Chapter 3?
6. How did Charles spend his time in Paris?
7. What problems were Charles and his relative having at the end of Chapter 20?
8. What does Edmund think was strange about Charles' relationship with the Impressionist painters?
9. What passion did Charles and his love share?
10. How did the Dreyfus affair effect Jewish people?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)