|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nationality of the man who assassinates the Archduke?
2. What was the name of the theater in Tokyo where American soldiers could watch films?
(b) Ernie Pyle.
(c) Groucho Marx.
3. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Early Hours on a Spring Morning.
(b) Long into the Night.
(c) Beating at the Doors.
(d) The Sweet Young Thing.
4. What was the name of the Japanese religion implicated in the rise of nationalism?
5. Why did the Japanese decide to accept the Pan Pan girls?
(a) They were fun.
(b) They had had hard lives.
(c) They were there to keep the other girls innocent.
(d) They brought tourists.
6. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Looting the City.
(b) Flying to a New Destiny.
(c) Waiting for Disaster.
(d) An Ideal Spot for Mass Marches.
7. What instrument does Henrik de Waal play?
8. In which city was it arranged for Iggy to begin his studies?
9. Which of the following phrases were printed in the Japanese-English Conversation Manual?
(a) Thank you, awfully.
(b) Blimely, where are we?
(c) Looky here.
(d) Give my love to the queen.
10. What is Pips doing on the pen and ink card?
(a) Writing his memoirs.
(b) Bowing to the ladies.
(d) Playing the piano.
11. What did Iggy visit for the first time in October 1947?
(a) The house in Tunbridge Wells.
(b) His father's grave.
(c) His mother's grave.
(d) His grandchildren.
12. What newspaper did Viktor read in order to follow news about the war?
(a) The Independent.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Guardian.
(d) The Herald.
13. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) Frothing at the Mouth.
(b) Hail Wein! Heil Berlin!
(c) Hail Life as We Know it.
(d) Life peetering away.
14. What country does Viktor help his cousins get to?
15. What did Jiro's grandfather make his fortune from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Gisela go to during the war?
2. What was the name of the hit song in Japan in the summer of 1948?
3. Who is Elisabeth named after?
4. Who occupied Japan after the Second World War?
5. What is the title of Chapter 27?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)