|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 34?
(a) On Polish.
(b) On a Hatstand.
(c) Working Through the Mud and Grain.
(d) Laughing Eith the Dead
2. What is the title of Chapter 31?
3. What is the title of Part 4?
4. Which of the following objects is placed on a tray to play Kim's Game?
(a) Charles' netsuke.
(b) Pip's revolver.
(c) Emmy's book of poetry.
(d) Vitkors sword.
5. What is the only color Evelina wears?
6. What does the author call a vision of heaven at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) His wife and children walking towards him.
(b) Nine Jewish women parading down Ringstrasse.
(c) A portrait of his family laughing around a fire.
(d) Eight white suits hanging on a rail.
7. What subject did Elisabeth teach in England to earn extra money?
8. What did Tomokazu excel in making?
(a) Book covers.
(b) Origami figures.
(c) Clay pots.
(d) Netsuke animal figures.
9. By what name was James Morris later called?
(a) Patra Yearly.
(b) Gay Talese.
(c) Jan Morris.
(d) Frank Morris.
10. Who does Germany declare war on on the 1st of August?
11. What two places does the author say Emmy knows how to live in?
(a) Vienna and France.
(b) England and Vienna.
(c) The country and the city.
(d) The town and the city.
12. Why is it seen as dishonorable when Germany invaded Belgium?
(a) It is in poverty.
(b) It is a neutral country.
(c) It has no government.
(d) It supports the Germans.
13. What Richard Hannay novel does the author reference in this section?
(a) Thirty Nine Steps.
(b) The Nifle Man.
(d) Treasure Island.
14. Who died on November 21, 1916?
(a) King George II.
(b) Vladimir Lenin.
(c) Franz Josef.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
15. What does the author hope the netsuke will open for him?
(a) The key to his blocked ideas.
(b) The key to who he is.
(c) The key to his family secrets.
(d) The key to Viennese intellectual life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Iggy say it was unwise for a Jewish person to work as during the Depression?
2. What did many Japanese men have to wear after the war?
3. What do Mussolini, Chamberlain and Daladier sign on September 30th?
4. What was the name of the theater in Tokyo where American soldiers could watch films?
5. What was printed on the dial of the English Radio?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)