|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the parks outside the Votivkirche have stenciled on them?
(a) Juden verboten.
(b) Juden sterben.
(c) Juden willkommen.
(d) Juden liebe.
2. What country does Gisela go to during the war?
3. Who occupied Japan after the Second World War?
(a) West Germany.
4. What did Tomokazu excel in making?
(a) Netsuke animal figures.
(b) Clay pots.
(c) Origami figures.
(d) Book covers.
5. Why kind of parties did Iggy find very boring?
(a) Go Go parties.
(b) Peep Show parties.
(c) Family parties.
(d) Geisha parties.
6. What is Pips doing on the pen and ink card?
(a) Playing the piano.
(c) Writing his memoirs.
(d) Bowing to the ladies.
7. What was printed on the dial of the English Radio?
(a) The names of capital cities.
(b) The names of English singers.
(c) The names of German novels.
(d) The names of countries.
8. What is the title of Chapter 34?
(a) On a Hatstand.
(b) Working Through the Mud and Grain.
(c) On Polish.
(d) Laughing Eith the Dead
9. What does the author call the woman cleaning the steps at the Sushi restaurant?
(a) Miss. Peabody.
(b) Mrs. Yukami.
(c) Mrs. X.
(d) Mrs. Y.
10. What does the author call a tonic at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Emmy's poetry.
(b) Elisabeth's memoirs.
(c) Viktor's paintings.
(d) The netsuke.
11. Who is talking to Emmy in the picture in Chapter 17 taken in 1906?
(a) The Archduke.
(d) The Empress.
12. What philosopher did Emmy call a bear with the manners of a bear?
13. In which city was Viktor born?
14. Who was appointed the German Chancellor in 1933?
15. What Richard Hannay novel does the author reference in this section?
(b) The Nifle Man.
(c) Thirty Nine Steps.
(d) Treasure Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charles leave Emmy in his will?
2. Where is the chest from that the wooden Buddha in Iggy's house sits on?
3. What does Richter and Henker translate to in English?
4. Why did the Japanese decide to accept the Pan Pan girls?
5. Which two foreign languages can Emmy speak?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)