|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following objects is placed on a tray to play Kim's Game?
(a) Pip's revolver.
(b) Vitkors sword.
(c) Charles' netsuke.
(d) Emmy's book of poetry.
2. What does the author call the woman cleaning the steps at the Sushi restaurant?
(a) Mrs. X.
(b) Mrs. Yukami.
(c) Mrs. Y.
(d) Miss. Peabody.
3. What Richard Hannay novel does the author reference in this section?
(b) The Nifle Man.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) Thirty Nine Steps.
4. Which country promises to support Austria against the Serbs?
5. What two countries had Iggy been offered placements in?
(a) Japan and Congo.
(b) Vietnam and Brazil.
(c) Britain and Korea.
(d) China and Japan.
6. Where did Viktor live in England?
(d) Tunbridge Wells.
7. What does the author call a vision of heaven at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) His wife and children walking towards him.
(b) Nine Jewish women parading down Ringstrasse.
(c) Eight white suits hanging on a rail.
(d) A portrait of his family laughing around a fire.
8. What does Richter and Henker translate to in English?
(a) Lovers and murderers.
(b) Judges and hangmen.
(c) Poets and thinkers.
(d) Fighters and cowards.
9. What is the only color Evelina wears?
10. What country does Gisela go to during the war?
11. What was the name of the Japanese religion implicated in the rise of nationalism?
12. By what name was James Morris later called?
(a) Frank Morris.
(b) Patra Yearly.
(c) Gay Talese.
(d) Jan Morris.
13. What do the Austrian people boycott on April 23?
(a) The swimming baths.
(b) Football matches.
(c) Hitler's speeches.
(d) Jewish shops.
14. Which country do the Ephrussi go to for their long month away?
15. What country does Viktor receive a visa for on March 1, 1939?
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper did Viktor read in order to follow news about the war?
2. What is the title of Chapter 31?
3. What two places does the author say Emmy knows how to live in?
4. What is Pips doing on the pen and ink card?
5. Where did a young Jew shoot Ernst von Rath?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)