|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Viktor live in England?
(a) Tunbridge Wells.
2. What two countries had Iggy been offered placements in?
(a) Japan and Congo.
(b) Vietnam and Brazil.
(c) China and Japan.
(d) Britain and Korea.
3. Which country do the Ephrussi go to for their long month away?
4. Which country promises to support Austria against the Serbs?
5. Who is heir to the Hapsburg Empire in 1914?
(a) Thomas Mann.
(b) Franz Ferdinand.
(c) Jan Heckeroth.
(d) Joseph Heller.
6. What country does Gisela go to during the war?
7. Who died on November 21, 1916?
(a) Franz Ferdinand.
(b) King George II.
(c) Vladimir Lenin.
(d) Franz Josef.
8. What country does Viktor help his cousins get to?
9. What does Gedanken im Kriege translate to in English?
(a) Austria unite.
(b) Thanks be the war.
(c) War needs love.
(d) Thank God for a Crisis.
10. What did Iggy learn how to sketch at the third rung fashion house?
(a) Female models.
(d) Tea gowns.
11. What product are people in Vienna most in need of in the autumn of 1914?
12. What did Iggy say it was unwise for a Jewish person to work as during the Depression?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A banker.
(c) A loan shark.
(d) A factory manager.
13. Who wrote the novel, "The Radetzky March"?
(a) Gustav Springer.
(b) Thomas Mann.
(c) Joseph Roth.
(d) Beatrice Potter.
14. What do the parks outside the Votivkirche have stenciled on them?
(a) Juden willkommen.
(b) Juden sterben.
(c) Juden verboten.
(d) Juden liebe.
15. What subject at school does the author say Iggy is not good at?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which South American country declared war on Austria?
2. What is the title of Chapter 27?
3. What do Mussolini, Chamberlain and Daladier sign on September 30th?
4. What is the title of Chapter 24?
5. What is the title of Chapter 16?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)