|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mussolini, Chamberlain and Daladier sign on September 30th?
(a) The Vienna Agreement.
(b) The Munich Accord.
(c) The Berlin Contract.
(d) The London Accord.
2. Why did the Japanese decide to accept the Pan Pan girls?
(a) They brought tourists.
(b) They were fun.
(c) They were there to keep the other girls innocent.
(d) They had had hard lives.
3. Who died on November 21, 1916?
(a) Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Franz Josef.
(c) Vladimir Lenin.
(d) King George II.
4. Who dies on October 12, 1938?
5. Which of the following phrases were printed in the Japanese-English Conversation Manual?
(a) Looky here.
(b) Thank you, awfully.
(c) Give my love to the queen.
(d) Blimely, where are we?
6. What philosopher did Emmy call a bear with the manners of a bear?
7. What was the name of the Japanese religion implicated in the rise of nationalism?
8. Where did Thomas and travel to last time they traveled together?
(b) The Greek Islands.
(d) The British Channel Islands.
9. In which city did Henrik de Waal grow up?
10. What country does Gisela go to during the war?
11. What does the author call the woman cleaning the steps at the Sushi restaurant?
(a) Mrs. Yukami.
(b) Mrs. X.
(c) Mrs. Y.
(d) Miss. Peabody.
12. What is Pips doing on the pen and ink card?
(a) Bowing to the ladies.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Writing his memoirs.
13. What is the only color Evelina wears?
14. What newspaper did Viktor read in order to follow news about the war?
(a) The Herald.
(b) The Guardian.
(c) The Independent.
(d) The Times.
15. What city does Iggy go to from Paris?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Austrian people boycott on April 23?
2. Which of the following objects is placed on a tray to play Kim's Game?
3. What does the author call a vision of heaven at the end of Chapter 15?
4. What was printed on the dial of the English Radio?
5. What did Iggy visit for the first time in October 1947?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)