|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only color Evelina wears?
2. Who is Emmy dressed as in the picture in Chapter 17 taken in 1900?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) Esther Freud.
(c) Anne Boelyn
(d) Judith Danae.
3. Who had bombed Tokyo for three years?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The British.
(d) The Russians.
4. What does the author call a vision of heaven at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Eight white suits hanging on a rail.
(b) Nine Jewish women parading down Ringstrasse.
(c) His wife and children walking towards him.
(d) A portrait of his family laughing around a fire.
5. What do the parks outside the Votivkirche have stenciled on them?
(a) Juden sterben.
(b) Juden willkommen.
(c) Juden verboten.
(d) Juden liebe.
6. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Looting the City.
(b) Waiting for Disaster.
(c) An Ideal Spot for Mass Marches.
(d) Flying to a New Destiny.
7. What is the name of the Austrian national anthem?
(a) Schon Tag.
(b) Gott Liebe Dich.
(c) Gott Erhalte.
(d) Menshen, Menschen.
8. What does Richter and Henker translate to in English?
(a) Fighters and cowards.
(b) Lovers and murderers.
(c) Poets and thinkers.
(d) Judges and hangmen.
9. What does the author call the woman cleaning the steps at the Sushi restaurant?
(a) Mrs. Y.
(b) Mrs. Yukami.
(c) Miss. Peabody.
(d) Mrs. X.
10. Which of the following objects is placed on a tray to play Kim's Game?
(a) Pip's revolver.
(b) Vitkors sword.
(c) Charles' netsuke.
(d) Emmy's book of poetry.
11. Why did the Japanese decide to accept the Pan Pan girls?
(a) They brought tourists.
(b) They had had hard lives.
(c) They were fun.
(d) They were there to keep the other girls innocent.
12. What does Rilke celebrate in his poem Funf Gesange?
(b) The Angels of Death.
(d) Gods of War.
13. What is the title of Chapter 31?
14. What is the nationality of the man who assassinates the Archduke?
15. What did Tomokazu excel in making?
(a) Origami figures.
(b) Netsuke animal figures.
(c) Clay pots.
(d) Book covers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charles leave Emmy in his will?
2. Who is talking to Emmy in the picture in Chapter 17 taken in 1906?
3. What country does Viktor receive a visa for on March 1, 1939?
4. Why is it seen as dishonorable when Germany invaded Belgium?
5. Where are the three cities the author travels to in the Coda section?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)