|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richter and Henker translate to in English?
(a) Poets and thinkers.
(b) Fighters and cowards.
(c) Judges and hangmen.
(d) Lovers and murderers.
2. Who was appointed the German Chancellor in 1933?
3. What is the title of Chapter 34?
(a) On Polish.
(b) Working Through the Mud and Grain.
(c) Laughing Eith the Dead
(d) On a Hatstand.
4. What did Jiro's grandfather make his fortune from?
5. What did Tomokazu excel in making?
(a) Origami figures.
(b) Clay pots.
(c) Book covers.
(d) Netsuke animal figures.
6. What was the name of Iggy's partner?
7. What does Gedanken im Kriege translate to in English?
(a) Thanks be the war.
(b) War needs love.
(c) Thank God for a Crisis.
(d) Austria unite.
8. What is Thomas an expert on?
(a) The conflict in Odessa.
(b) The conflict in Vienna.
(c) The conflict in Caucasus.
(d) The conflict in Berlin.
9. Who is Elisabeth named after?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) An empress.
(c) A writer.
(d) A queen.
10. Who does Germany declare war on on the 1st of August?
11. What Richard Hannay novel does the author reference in this section?
(b) The Nifle Man.
(c) Thirty Nine Steps.
(d) Treasure Island.
12. What is the name of the Austrian national anthem?
(a) Schon Tag.
(b) Gott Erhalte.
(c) Gott Liebe Dich.
(d) Menshen, Menschen.
13. What was the name of the theater in Tokyo where American soldiers could watch films?
(c) Groucho Marx.
(d) Ernie Pyle.
14. Why kind of parties did Iggy find very boring?
(a) Geisha parties.
(b) Go Go parties.
(c) Family parties.
(d) Peep Show parties.
15. What two countries had Iggy been offered placements in?
(a) Britain and Korea.
(b) Vietnam and Brazil.
(c) Japan and Congo.
(d) China and Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Japanese decide to accept the Pan Pan girls?
2. Which country do the Ephrussi go to for their long month away?
3. What is the title of Chapter 16?
4. What does the author call a vision of heaven at the end of Chapter 15?
5. What was printed on the dial of the English Radio?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)