|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country do the Ephrussi go to for their long month away?
2. What country does Viktor help his cousins get to?
3. What was the name of the Japanese religion implicated in the rise of nationalism?
4. What country does Viktor receive a visa for on March 1, 1939?
5. What is the title of Chapter 34?
(a) Working Through the Mud and Grain.
(b) On Polish.
(c) Laughing Eith the Dead
(d) On a Hatstand.
6. Who does Elisabeth write a letter to in Chapter 20?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) The Archduke.
7. What country did Thomas travel to Odessa from by taxi?
8. How is Elisabeth related to the author?
(a) His second cousin.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
9. Who died on November 21, 1916?
(a) Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Vladimir Lenin.
(c) King George II.
(d) Franz Josef.
10. What is the title of Part 4?
11. What country does Gisela go to during the war?
12. Who is heir to the Hapsburg Empire in 1914?
(a) Thomas Mann.
(b) Jan Heckeroth.
(c) Joseph Heller.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
13. Which country promises to support Austria against the Serbs?
14. What is Pips doing on the pen and ink card?
(a) Bowing to the ladies.
(c) Writing his memoirs.
(d) Playing the piano.
15. What do the Austrian people boycott on April 23?
(a) Hitler's speeches.
(b) Football matches.
(c) Jewish shops.
(d) The swimming baths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Iggy's partner?
2. Why kind of parties did Iggy find very boring?
3. What is the title of Chapter 27?
4. What instrument does Henrik de Waal play?
5. What was printed on the dial of the English Radio?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)