|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Early Hours on a Spring Morning.
(b) Beating at the Doors.
(c) The Sweet Young Thing.
(d) Long into the Night.
2. Which country promises to support Austria against the Serbs?
3. What is the title of Chapter 31?
4. What does the author call the woman cleaning the steps at the Sushi restaurant?
(a) Mrs. Yukami.
(b) Mrs. X.
(c) Miss. Peabody.
(d) Mrs. Y.
5. Who dies on October 12, 1938?
6. Who wrote the novel, "The Radetzky March"?
(a) Thomas Mann.
(b) Gustav Springer.
(c) Joseph Roth.
(d) Beatrice Potter.
7. Why didn't the critics like netsuke?
(a) They thought they had no color.
(b) They thought they were too delicate.
(c) They thought they were overdone.
(d) They thought no effort went into making them.
8. What did Charles leave Emmy in his will?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A Rimbaud painting.
(c) A gold necklace.
(d) His book collection.
9. What do the parks outside the Votivkirche have stenciled on them?
(a) Juden verboten.
(b) Juden sterben.
(c) Juden liebe.
(d) Juden willkommen.
10. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) Hail Wein! Heil Berlin!
(b) Life peetering away.
(c) Hail Life as We Know it.
(d) Frothing at the Mouth.
11. Where did Thomas and travel to last time they traveled together?
(a) The Greek Islands.
(d) The British Channel Islands.
12. What is the title of Chapter 34?
(a) Working Through the Mud and Grain.
(b) On a Hatstand.
(c) On Polish.
(d) Laughing Eith the Dead
13. What did Iggy learn how to sketch at the third rung fashion house?
(a) Tea gowns.
(b) Female models.
14. In which city was Viktor born?
15. What famous writer said a library was an act of faith?
(a) Thomas Mann.
(b) Victor Hugo.
(c) Franz Kafka.
(d) Charles Dickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richter and Henker translate to in English?
2. What country did Thomas travel to Odessa from by taxi?
3. Who occupied Japan after the Second World War?
4. Why is it seen as dishonorable when Germany invaded Belgium?
5. What city does Iggy go to from Paris?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)