|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Viktor live in England?
(d) Tunbridge Wells.
2. What two places does the author say Emmy knows how to live in?
(a) England and Vienna.
(b) The town and the city.
(c) The country and the city.
(d) Vienna and France.
3. What did many Japanese men have to wear after the war?
(a) Their army uniforms.
(b) Their swimming costumes.
(c) Their gowns.
(d) Their kimonos.
4. In which city was Viktor born?
5. What philosopher did Emmy call a bear with the manners of a bear?
6. In which city did Henrik de Waal grow up?
7. What is Pips doing on the pen and ink card?
(a) Bowing to the ladies.
(c) Writing his memoirs.
(d) Playing the piano.
8. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Long into the Night.
(b) Early Hours on a Spring Morning.
(c) The Sweet Young Thing.
(d) Beating at the Doors.
9. What subject at school does the author say Iggy is not good at?
10. Who dies on October 12, 1938?
11. What did Iggy say it was unwise for a Jewish person to work as during the Depression?
(a) A loan shark.
(b) A factory manager.
(c) A banker.
(d) A merchant.
12. Which country do the Ephrussi go to for their long month away?
13. What is the nationality of the man who assassinates the Archduke?
14. Which of the following objects is placed on a tray to play Kim's Game?
(a) Emmy's book of poetry.
(b) Pip's revolver.
(c) Vitkors sword.
(d) Charles' netsuke.
15. Why is it seen as dishonorable when Germany invaded Belgium?
(a) It is in poverty.
(b) It has no government.
(c) It is a neutral country.
(d) It supports the Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is talking to Emmy in the picture in Chapter 17 taken in 1906?
2. Where did a young Jew shoot Ernst von Rath?
3. What is the title of Chapter 27?
4. What was the name of the theater in Tokyo where American soldiers could watch films?
5. What is the title of Part 4?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)