|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) So Light, So Soft to the Touch.
(b) A Mahout to Guide Her.
(c) People are so Kind.
(d) A Penny From Heaven.
2. What kind of art did Louise and Charles have a shared passion for?
(a) Japanese art.
(b) Jewish art.
(c) Chinese art.
(d) Russian art.
3. Where does the author say was the best place to buy Japanese art?
4. What does the author call an art?
(a) House sitting.
(b) House watching.
(c) Autograph hunting.
(d) Star gazing.
5. Who does the author think Charles may have bought the netsukes to please?
6. In which famous painting is Charles depicted?
(a) Falling in Love.
(c) Luncheon of he Boating Party.
(d) Venus in Furs.
7. What is the name of the woman whose Salon Charles visits?
(a) madame Beatrice.
(b) Miss Little.
(c) Miss Weaver.
(d) Madame Straus.
8. Where does the author say is the best place out side of Japan to see Japanese art?
9. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
10. What were the golden serving dishes shaped like?
11. What kind of background did Wessell say a person should have to understand history better?
(a) A socialist background.
(b) A language background.
(c) A fascist background.
(d) A liberal background.
12. Where were Renoir's portraits of Louise's two daughters exhibited?
(a) The National Gallery.
(b) The Salon.
(c) The Factory.
(d) The Louvre.
13. What sport did the Jewish students take up to counter anti-Semitic feeling?
14. What does the staircase in the medical insurance office curl up like?
(a) A sleeping python.
(b) A winner's ribbon.
(c) A trail of saliva.
(d) A coil of smoke.
15. What building's ceiling did Baudry decorate?
(a) The Paris Opera.
(b) The Paris Cathredral.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Eiffel Tower
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work did Renoir call Jew Art?
2. What material were the netsuke rates made from?
3. What was the name of the artist that Charles wrote about?
4. What is a vitrine?
5. What was the name of the prison Dreyfus was sent to live in solitary confinement?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)