|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dreyfus accused of?
2. In which city did Jules become a successful business man?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) A Penny From Heaven.
(b) So Light, So Soft to the Touch.
(c) People are so Kind.
(d) A Mahout to Guide Her.
4. Where in Vienna was Viktor"s mansion located?
5. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
(a) Le Novo.
(b) Le Eastend.
(c) Le Fink.
(d) Le Westend.
6. What was the occupation of Jules Laforgue?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A novelist.
(d) A poet.
7. What material were the netsuke rates made from?
8. Who did Renoir not consider a real artist?
(c) Van Gogh.
9. Why did Renoir say Charles was drawn to gaudy colors?
(a) He was too rich to understand.
(b) He had working class roots.
(c) He wasn't an artist.
(d) He was a Jew.
10. What was the name of the writer who famously supported Dreyfus?
11. What was the main export out of Odessa?
12. What is Edmund"s occupation?
13. What was considered a Jewish sin?
(a) Marrying a gentile.
(b) Making money from money.
(c) Living in a Ghetto.
(d) Reading the New Testament.
14. What does Edmund compare glass cases in museums to?
(a) Show windows.
15. What did Viktor and his wife, Emmy, inherit?
(a) The Rothschild mansion.
(b) The Ephrussi Bank.
(c) The netsukes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the staircase in the medical insurance office curl up like?
2. What publication does Charles write for?
3. What can Edmund envision Charles wearing as he sits in his yellow armchair?
4. What was Charles' nickname?
5. In which city does Hotel Ephrussi have its counterpart?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)