|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Charles not get rid of while in Parisian society?
(a) His British currency.
(b) His shyness.
(c) His accent.
(d) His nervous tick.
2. Why did Renoir say Charles was drawn to gaudy colors?
(a) He had working class roots.
(b) He wasn't an artist.
(c) He was a Jew.
(d) He was too rich to understand.
3. What was the name of the party Dr. Karl Lueger founded?
(a) The Green Party.
(b) The Nazi Party.
(c) The Social National Party.
(d) The Christian Social Parts.
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Examining the Japnese.
(c) Thoughful Ponderings.
(d) A Box of Children's Sweets.
5. Why did people say the Japanese created small artwork?
(a) It is part of their tradition.
(b) They like to wear their artwork as necklaces.
(c) They had to hide from the authorities.
(d) They are small people.
6. Which of Ignace's children does the author call long-faced and huge-eyed?
7. What country did Charles decide to travel to shortly after arriving in Paris?
8. What does the staircase in the medical insurance office curl up like?
(a) A coil of smoke.
(b) A sleeping python.
(c) A winner's ribbon.
(d) A trail of saliva.
9. Who ordered the Ring to be be built?
(a) Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Maria Theresa.
(c) Franz Joseph.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
10. In which city did Viktor live?
11. What kind of art did Louise and Charles have a shared passion for?
(a) Japanese art.
(b) Chinese art.
(c) Jewish art.
(d) Russian art.
12. Which of Charles' engravings does Edmund wonder if visitors to his house saw?
(a) The English Patient.
(b) The lit de parade
(c) The Nuovo Rebeccani.
(d) The uno la.
13. What is the name of Louise's new lover?
14. What was the name of the writer who famously supported Dreyfus?
15. What is the name of the woman whose Salon Charles visits?
(a) Miss Weaver.
(b) Madame Straus.
(c) Miss Little.
(d) madame Beatrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Jews blamed for in the 1880s?
2. Who did Renoir not consider a real artist?
3. What can Edmund envision Charles wearing as he sits in his yellow armchair?
4. What is the title of Chapter 4?
5. Which of Charles' brothers was a playboy?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)