|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Renoir's portraits of Louise's two daughters exhibited?
(a) The National Gallery.
(b) The Factory.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Salon.
2. What is the name of Louise's new lover?
3. Who did Renoir not consider a real artist?
(c) Van Gogh.
4. What publication does Charles write for?
(a) The Guardian.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Journal.
(d) The Gazette.
5. Which Proust character was Charles said to be the model for?
6. Which famous person found the Ringstrasse enchanting?
7. What material were the netsuke rates made from?
8. What can Charles not get rid of while in Parisian society?
(a) His nervous tick.
(b) His British currency.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His accent.
9. What was considered a Jewish sin?
(a) Marrying a gentile.
(b) Making money from money.
(c) Living in a Ghetto.
(d) Reading the New Testament.
10. What does Edmund compare glass cases in museums to?
(b) Show windows.
11. What was Dreyfus accused of?
12. What kind of background did Wessell say a person should have to understand history better?
(a) A liberal background.
(b) A language background.
(c) A socialist background.
(d) A fascist background.
13. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
(a) Le Novo.
(b) Le Eastend.
(c) Le Westend.
(d) Le Fink.
14. What illness did Jules die from?
(d) Small pox.
15. What is Edmund"s occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which does the author state the one thing Emmy was very good at?
2. What was the name of the artist that Charles wrote about?
3. Why did Renoir say Charles was drawn to gaudy colors?
4. In which city did Jules become a successful business man?
5. In which city did Viktor live?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)