|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Charles not get rid of while in Parisian society?
(a) His British currency.
(b) His shyness.
(c) His nervous tick.
(d) His accent.
2. Why did Renoir say Charles was drawn to gaudy colors?
(a) He had working class roots.
(b) He was too rich to understand.
(c) He was a Jew.
(d) He wasn't an artist.
3. What was the name of the cafe that was the meeting point for young writers?
(a) Pembroke Cafe.
(b) Das Stadt Cafe.
(c) Griensteidl Cafe.
(d) Oxford Cafe.
4. What was expected of Viktor and his friends?
(a) To become artists.
(b) To take over the government.
(c) To marry and be successful.
(d) To create a Jewish state.
5. Who was elected mayor of Vienna in 1897?
(a) Thomas Mann.
(b) Karl Lueger.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Franz Ferdinant.
6. What was Durer's nationality?
7. Which famous person found the Ringstrasse enchanting?
8. What does Edmund compare glass cases in museums to?
(c) Show windows.
9. What kind of art did Louise and Charles have a shared passion for?
(a) Japanese art.
(b) Russian art.
(c) Jewish art.
(d) Chinese art.
10. What was the name of Viktor's wife?
11. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) The Purple Wig.
(b) The Angry Puppy.
(c) The Red Pullover.
(d) The Yellow Armchair.
12. What kind of background did Wessell say a person should have to understand history better?
(a) A socialist background.
(b) A fascist background.
(c) A liberal background.
(d) A language background.
13. Who did Renoir not consider a real artist?
(a) Van Gogh.
14. What does the staircase in the medical insurance office curl up like?
(a) A winner's ribbon.
(b) A trail of saliva.
(c) A coil of smoke.
(d) A sleeping python.
15. In which Russian city were Jews allowed to live?
(d) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did Jules become a successful business man?
2. What is the title of Chapter 4?
3. Which of the following painters did Charles correspond with?
4. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
5. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)