|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Renoir accused of by his peers?
(b) Inhumane painting.
(c) Stealing their girlfriends.
(d) Painting to order.
2. Which of Ignace's children does the author call long-faced and huge-eyed?
3. What was the name of the prison Dreyfus was sent to live in solitary confinement?
(a) Devil's Island.
(b) Port Island.
4. What was Charles' nickname?
(a) Waltzing Boy.
(b) Cheeky Charlie.
(c) Fox Trotter.
(d) Dancing Dave.
5. What were Jews blamed for in the 1880s?
(a) The financial problems.
(b) Deaths of children.
(c) The Boer War.
(d) The plague.
6. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
7. What was the name of Viktor's wife?
8. What was the name of the man that Charles brought his netsukes from?
9. Which famous person found the Ringstrasse enchanting?
10. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
(a) Le Eastend.
(b) Le Westend.
(c) Le Novo.
(d) Le Fink.
11. Which does the author state the one thing Emmy was very good at?
(b) Telling stories.
(c) Playing golf.
12. Where were Renoir's portraits of Louise's two daughters exhibited?
(a) The Salon.
(b) The National Gallery.
(c) The Factory.
(d) The Louvre.
13. Who did Renoir not consider a real artist?
(d) Van Gogh.
14. What color eyes does the netsuke hair have?
15. What was the name of the writer who famously supported Dreyfus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the staircase in the medical insurance office curl up like?
2. Where does the author say is the best place out side of Japan to see Japanese art?
3. Who ordered the Ring to be be built?
4. What was considered a Jewish sin?
5. In which city does Edmund live?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)