|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund compare glass cases in museums to?
(c) Show windows.
2. What was the main export out of Odessa?
3. What illness did Jules die from?
(b) Small pox.
4. In which art gallery does Monet's Les bains de la Grenouillere now hang?
(a) The Berlin National Gallery.
(b) The Louvre.
(d) The London National Gallery.
5. In which city did Viktor live?
6. What was the name of the party Dr. Karl Lueger founded?
(a) The Green Party.
(b) The Social National Party.
(c) The Christian Social Parts.
(d) The Nazi Party.
7. What is a vitrine?
(a) A glass cabinet.
(b) A netsuke polish.
(c) A pair of tweezers.
(d) An alcoholic drink.
8. Which Proust character was Charles said to be the model for?
9. What was considered a Jewish sin?
(a) Living in a Ghetto.
(b) Marrying a gentile.
(c) Making money from money.
(d) Reading the New Testament.
10. Which of Charles' engravings does Edmund wonder if visitors to his house saw?
(a) The lit de parade
(b) The uno la.
(c) The Nuovo Rebeccani.
(d) The English Patient.
11. What is the name of the book Herr Wessel made Viktor translate from English into German?
(a) The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
(b) The Wandering Jew.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Guiness Book of World Records.
12. What was the name of the artist that Charles wrote about?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Albert Durer.
(c) Thomas Mann.
(d) Peter Piper.
13. Where were Renoir's portraits of Louise's two daughters exhibited?
(a) The Salon.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) The Factory.
(d) The National Gallery.
14. What kind of art did Louise and Charles have a shared passion for?
(a) Russian art.
(b) Chinese art.
(c) Japanese art.
(d) Jewish art.
15. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Thoughful Ponderings.
(c) Examining the Japnese.
(d) A Box of Children's Sweets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Charles' brothers was a playboy?
2. What country did Charles decide to travel to shortly after arriving in Paris?
3. Which of the following painters did Charles correspond with?
4. Why did people say the Japanese created small artwork?
5. What is the title of Chapter 7?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)