|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of background did Wessell say a person should have to understand history better?
(a) A language background.
(b) A liberal background.
(c) A fascist background.
(d) A socialist background.
2. What kind of publication was the gazette?
(a) An art periodical.
(b) A monthly mens' magazine.
(c) A literary journal.
(d) A news journal.
3. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
(a) Le Westend.
(b) Le Eastend.
(c) Le Fink.
(d) Le Novo.
4. What building's ceiling did Baudry decorate?
(a) The Paris Cathredral.
(b) The Eiffel Tower
(c) The Paris Opera.
(d) The Louvre.
5. What sport did the Jewish students take up to counter anti-Semitic feeling?
6. What was Renoir accused of by his peers?
(a) Painting to order.
(b) Stealing their girlfriends.
(d) Inhumane painting.
7. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
8. What does the staircase in the medical insurance office curl up like?
(a) A winner's ribbon.
(b) A sleeping python.
(c) A trail of saliva.
(d) A coil of smoke.
9. What rumors are going around about Charles at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) He is an antisemite.
(b) He Jewish.
(c) He is homosexual.
(d) He is bisexual.
10. What was the name of the artist that Charles wrote about?
(a) Albert Durer.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Peter Piper.
(d) Thomas Mann.
11. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Thoughful Ponderings.
(b) A Box of Children's Sweets.
(d) Examining the Japnese.
12. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) People are so Kind.
(b) A Mahout to Guide Her.
(c) A Penny From Heaven.
(d) So Light, So Soft to the Touch.
13. What was the name of the writer who famously supported Dreyfus?
14. Who ordered the Ring to be be built?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Maria Theresa.
(c) Franz Joseph.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
15. In which famous painting is Charles depicted?
(b) Falling in Love.
(c) Venus in Furs.
(d) Luncheon of he Boating Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Charles decide to travel to shortly after arriving in Paris?
2. What is the title of Chapter 7?
3. What illness did Jules die from?
4. Why did people say the Japanese created small artwork?
5. In which city did Jules become a successful business man?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)