|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the golden serving dishes shaped like?
2. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) The Yellow Armchair.
(b) The Angry Puppy.
(c) The Purple Wig.
(d) The Red Pullover.
3. In which city did Viktor live?
4. Which of Charles' engravings does Edmund wonder if visitors to his house saw?
(a) The lit de parade
(b) The uno la.
(c) The Nuovo Rebeccani.
(d) The English Patient.
5. Where were Renoir's portraits of Louise's two daughters exhibited?
(a) The Factory.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) The National Gallery.
(d) The Salon.
6. Who ordered the Ring to be be built?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Maria Theresa.
(c) Franz Joseph.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
7. Which of Ignace's children does the author call long-faced and huge-eyed?
8. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(a) So Light, So Soft to the Touch.
(b) The Start of The Super Store.
(c) A Penny Store.
(d) A Penny For Your Thought.
9. What painter did Charles help out when he was broke?
(c) Van Gogh.
10. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
11. Whose work did Renoir call Jew Art?
(c) Van Gogh's.
12. Which of the following painters did Charles correspond with?
(b) Van Gogh.
13. What is Edmund"s occupation?
14. What country did Charles decide to travel to shortly after arriving in Paris?
15. What was the name of the Monet painting Charles convinced his friend to buy?
(a) Venus in Furs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does the author say was like a box of sweets?
2. What illness did Jules die from?
3. What kind of background did Wessell say a person should have to understand history better?
4. Which does the author state the one thing Emmy was very good at?
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)