|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
2. What publication does Charles write for?
(a) The Guardian.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Gazette.
(d) The Journal.
3. What was the only place in the world that had a bigger population of Jews than Vienna?
(b) New York.
(d) St. Petersburgh.
4. What painter did Charles help out when he was broke?
(a) Van Gogh.
5. Where in Vienna was Viktor"s mansion located?
6. Whose work did Renoir call Jew Art?
(d) Van Gogh's.
7. What was the name of Viktor's wife?
8. What was the occupation of Jules Laforgue?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A novelist.
(d) A poet.
9. Where does the author say is the best place out side of Japan to see Japanese art?
10. What is the name of Louise's new lover?
11. What was the name of the man that Charles brought his netsukes from?
12. What was the name of the Monet painting Charles convinced his friend to buy?
(a) Venus in Furs.
13. Which of the following painters did Charles correspond with?
(b) Van Gogh.
14. What does Edmund compare glass cases in museums to?
(a) Show windows.
15. What was Charles' nickname?
(a) Waltzing Boy.
(b) Dancing Dave.
(c) Fox Trotter.
(d) Cheeky Charlie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Durer's nationality?
2. Why did Renoir say Charles was drawn to gaudy colors?
3. What kind of publication was the gazette?
4. Who did Renoir not consider a real artist?
5. What country did Charles decide to travel to shortly after arriving in Paris?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)