|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main export out of Odessa?
2. What does the staircase in the medical insurance office curl up like?
(a) A trail of saliva.
(b) A sleeping python.
(c) A coil of smoke.
(d) A winner's ribbon.
3. How does Edmund say the netsuke were different from most other art pieces?
(a) They could only be viewed under a microscope.
(b) The were made to be touched.
(c) They were unbreakable.
(d) Very little time was spent making them.
4. In which city does Hotel Ephrussi have its counterpart?
5. What country did Charles decide to travel to shortly after arriving in Paris?
6. In which Russian city were Jews allowed to live?
(c) St. Petersburg.
7. Which famous person found the Ringstrasse enchanting?
8. What illness did Jules die from?
(c) Small pox.
9. Who did Renoir not consider a real artist?
(c) Van Gogh.
10. What was the name of the prison Dreyfus was sent to live in solitary confinement?
(a) Devil's Island.
(c) Port Island.
11. Which of Ignace's children does the author call long-faced and huge-eyed?
12. What kind of background did Wessell say a person should have to understand history better?
(a) A language background.
(b) A fascist background.
(c) A liberal background.
(d) A socialist background.
13. Which of the following painters did Charles correspond with?
(c) Van Gogh.
14. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
15. What were the golden serving dishes shaped like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Jews blamed for in the 1880s?
2. In which city did Jules become a successful business man?
3. What is the title of Chapter 5?
4. What was Durer's nationality?
5. What is the title of Chapter 7?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)