|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Charles not get rid of while in Parisian society?
(a) His nervous tick.
(b) His shyness.
(c) His accent.
(d) His British currency.
2. Who was elected mayor of Vienna in 1897?
(a) Franz Ferdinant.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Karl Lueger.
(d) Thomas Mann.
3. Which of Ignace's children does the author call long-faced and huge-eyed?
4. What businessman was given the title of King of the Jews?
(a) Rupert Murdoch.
(b) James de Rothschild.
(c) Emile Zola.
(d) Joel Coen.
5. Who ordered the Ring to be be built?
(a) Maria Theresa.
(b) Franz Joseph.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
6. In which city did Jules become a successful business man?
7. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
8. Where does the author say was the best place to buy Japanese art?
9. Which of Charles' brothers was a playboy?
10. What was Durer's nationality?
11. What country did Charles decide to travel to shortly after arriving in Paris?
12. What was the name of the party Dr. Karl Lueger founded?
(a) The Christian Social Parts.
(b) The Nazi Party.
(c) The Social National Party.
(d) The Green Party.
13. Who said he would protect the the Viennese Jews?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) Josef Stalin.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Karl Lueger.
14. What building's ceiling did Baudry decorate?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The Paris Opera.
(c) The Paris Cathredral.
(d) The Eiffel Tower
15. Why did people say the Japanese created small artwork?
(a) It is part of their tradition.
(b) They like to wear their artwork as necklaces.
(c) They are small people.
(d) They had to hide from the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the writer who famously supported Dreyfus?
2. What kind of publication was the gazette?
3. What is the title of Chapter 4?
4. What is a vitrine?
5. What was the name of the Monet painting Charles convinced his friend to buy?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)