|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the writer who famously supported Dreyfus?
2. Which of Charles' engravings does Edmund wonder if visitors to his house saw?
(a) The Nuovo Rebeccani.
(b) The uno la.
(c) The English Patient.
(d) The lit de parade
3. What rumors are going around about Charles at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) He is homosexual.
(b) He Jewish.
(c) He is bisexual.
(d) He is an antisemite.
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Thoughful Ponderings.
(c) A Box of Children's Sweets.
(d) Examining the Japnese.
5. What was the name of Viktor's wife?
6. Why did people say the Japanese created small artwork?
(a) It is part of their tradition.
(b) They like to wear their artwork as necklaces.
(c) They are small people.
(d) They had to hide from the authorities.
7. What is the name of the woman whose Salon Charles visits?
(a) madame Beatrice.
(b) Miss Little.
(c) Miss Weaver.
(d) Madame Straus.
8. What was the name of the artist that Charles wrote about?
(a) Thomas Mann.
(b) Albert Durer.
(c) Peter Piper.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
9. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) The Yellow Armchair.
(b) The Purple Wig.
(c) The Angry Puppy.
(d) The Red Pullover.
10. What was Renoir accused of by his peers?
(b) Painting to order.
(c) Stealing their girlfriends.
(d) Inhumane painting.
11. Who does the Princess regard to be her Mahout?
12. What kind of art did Louise and Charles have a shared passion for?
(a) Jewish art.
(b) Russian art.
(c) Japanese art.
(d) Chinese art.
13. In which Russian city were Jews allowed to live?
(b) St. Petersburg.
14. What painter did Charles help out when he was broke?
(b) Van Gogh.
15. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Jews blamed for in the 1880s?
2. What does the author call an art?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. What were the golden serving dishes shaped like?
5. What building's ceiling did Baudry decorate?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)