|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Louise's new lover?
2. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(a) So Light, So Soft to the Touch.
(b) A Penny For Your Thought.
(c) A Penny Store.
(d) The Start of The Super Store.
3. What is the name of the book Herr Wessel made Viktor translate from English into German?
(a) The Guiness Book of World Records.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Wandering Jew.
(d) The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
4. Which of Charles' brothers was a playboy?
5. What does the author call an art?
(a) House sitting.
(b) House watching.
(c) Autograph hunting.
(d) Star gazing.
6. What was Renoir accused of by his peers?
(a) Stealing their girlfriends.
(b) Painting to order.
(d) Inhumane painting.
7. What rumors are going around about Charles at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) He Jewish.
(b) He is homosexual.
(c) He is bisexual.
(d) He is an antisemite.
8. Which does the author state the one thing Emmy was very good at?
(b) Playing golf.
(d) Telling stories.
9. Where did Charles find Jules a job?
10. Who said he would protect the the Viennese Jews?
(a) Karl Lueger.
(b) Josef Stalin.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) Winston Churchill.
11. What sport did the Jewish students take up to counter anti-Semitic feeling?
12. In which famous painting is Charles depicted?
(a) Falling in Love.
(b) Luncheon of he Boating Party.
(c) Venus in Furs.
13. What was considered a Jewish sin?
(a) Marrying a gentile.
(b) Reading the New Testament.
(c) Making money from money.
(d) Living in a Ghetto.
14. What color eyes does the netsuke hair have?
15. What was Dreyfus accused of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Viktor's wife?
2. What was the name of the cafe that was the meeting point for young writers?
3. What was the name of the artist that Charles wrote about?
4. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
5. What was expected of Viktor and his friends?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)