Short Answer Key
Chapters 1 and 2
1. What does the staircase in the medical insurance office curl up like?
A coil of smoke.
2. What does the author call an art?
3. In which city does Hotel Ephrussi have its counterpart?
4. What businessman was given the title of King of the Jews?
James de Rothschild.
5. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
6. In which Russian city were Jews allowed to live?
7. What was the main export out of Odessa?
8. What was Charles' nickname?
9. What country did Charles decide to travel to shortly after arriving in Paris?
10. Which of Charles' engravings does Edmund wonder if visitors to his house saw?
The lit de parade
11. In which city did Jules become a successful business man?
This section contains 2,045 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)