|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does the author say was like a box of sweets?
2. What can Charles not get rid of while in Parisian society?
(a) His British currency.
(b) His accent.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His nervous tick.
3. What is a vitrine?
(a) A netsuke polish.
(b) A glass cabinet.
(c) A pair of tweezers.
(d) An alcoholic drink.
4. What kind of art did Louise and Charles have a shared passion for?
(a) Russian art.
(b) Chinese art.
(c) Japanese art.
(d) Jewish art.
5. Why did people say the Japanese created small artwork?
(a) They had to hide from the authorities.
(b) They like to wear their artwork as necklaces.
(c) It is part of their tradition.
(d) They are small people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author say was the best place to buy Japanese art?
2. What were the golden serving dishes shaped like?
3. What was the name of the area in Paris the Ephrussi family moved to?
4. Who does the author think Charles may have bought the netsukes to please?
5. What material were the netsuke rates made from?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)