|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Charles not get rid of while in Parisian society?
(a) His nervous tick.
(b) His British currency.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His accent.
2. What country did Charles decide to travel to shortly after arriving in Paris?
3. In which city does Hotel Ephrussi have its counterpart?
4. Who does the Princess regard to be her Mahout?
5. What is a vitrine?
(a) A netsuke polish.
(b) A glass cabinet.
(c) An alcoholic drink.
(d) A pair of tweezers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Jews blamed for in the 1880s?
2. What was Charles' nickname?
3. Which of the following painters did Charles correspond with?
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
5. Where does the author say was the best place to buy Japanese art?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)