Chapters 1 and 2
• At the beginning of the 19th century, the Ephrussi family sent out its sons to spread its influence through Europe.
• Charles Joachin Ephrussi, living in Odessa, was the mastermind behind the family's expansion. Through his hard work the Ephrussi family became the largest grain importers in the world.
• In the mid 19th century, the family established residences in two of Europe's most prestigious capitals at that time - Paris and Vienna.
• Charles Ephrussi was 21 when the family moved to Paris and immediately decided to travel through Italy.
• Charles began collecting valuables such as paintings, medallions and tapestries.
Chapters 3 and 4
• While Charles traveled the world his brothers made their own lives. Jules became a successful businessman in Vienna while Ignace became a playboy.
• When Charles arrived back in Paris he became an accepted member of Parisian society, including an enduring friendship with Princess Maltildhe.
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)