|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Luke finally do with the cat?
(a) Take it with them.
(b) Give it away.
(c) Kill it.
(d) Forget it.
2. Where was Offred's documentation found?
(a) In Boston.
(b) In the UK.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Canada.
3. What do the men tell the Commander in Chapter 15?
(a) That Offred is pregnant.
(b) That Offred has betrayed secrets.
(c) That Offred has a daughter.
(d) That Offred is sleeping with Nick.
4. How do Moira and Offred meet in Chapter 12?
(a) Talking to each other.
(b) Using their old signal.
(c) Passing on a message.
(d) Through their Commanders.
5. According to the professor, why was Gilead able to succeed?
(a) By dominating women.
(b) Through the use of terror.
(c) By incorporating elements of other societies.
(d) By taking total control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What usually happens at a salvaging that does not happen in Chapter 14?
2. What is the name of the organization that tried to help Moira escape?
3. What is Moira dressed as in Chapter 12?
4. What was the first big change that happened in Offred’s life?
5. How does Serena Joy feel about Offred being taken away in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Offred feel about her participation in the Salvaging?
2. What might Offred expect after being taken?
3. Why does Offred think about her age and height in Chapter 9?
4. According to the professor in Chapter 15, what might have happened to Offred?
5. What is the rumor about how Janine got pregnant?
6. Why does Offred pray in Chapter 11?
7. Why does the story about the cat in Chapter 11 matter?
8. Why does the Commander offer Offred a gift in Chapter 10?
9. How does the professor describe Nick’s role?
10. What is the most likely explanation for the Wife’s presence in the Salvaging?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)