|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Ofglen want Offred to do with the Commander?
(a) Stop seeing him.
(b) Tell him what she thinks.
(c) Fulfil his fantasies.
(d) Use him for information.
2. Where was Offred's documentation found?
(a) In the UK.
(b) In Canada.
(c) In Boston.
(d) In New York.
3. What phrase does Offred mention to the new Ofglen in Chapter 14?
(a) Underground Femaleroad.
4. How does Serena Joy know what Offred did with the Commander?
(a) She sees lipstick on her cape.
(b) She asked the Marthas.
(c) She heard rumors.
(d) She went to Jezebel’s.
5. What does Offred feel towards Nick, as stated in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Luke finally do with the cat?
2. Who did the country blame at first for the upheaval?
3. What group of people is Offred surprised to see at Jezebel’s?
4. Where does Offred go after seeing the Commander in Chapter 8?
5. What does the professor cite as a precursor to Gilead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Offred's plans in Chapter 9?
2. How does Offred feel about her participation in the Salvaging?
3. How do women come to work at Jezebel’s?
4. Why does Offred think about her age and height in Chapter 9?
5. Why is the concentration camp documentary important?
6. Why does the Commander offer Offred a gift in Chapter 10?
7. What might Offred expect after being taken?
8. What form do Offred's prayers take in Chapter 11?
9. Describe Janine’s behavior at the Salvaging.
10. How does Offred characterize the spring, particularly May?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)