|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of flower does Offred smell in Chapter 6?
(a) Lilies of the valley.
2. Who is Luke?
(a) The Commander.
(b) The narrator’s ex.
(c) A guard.
(d) The chauffeur.
3. In Chapter 7, what did the gravestone have engraved on it?
(a) In Charity.
(b) In Hope.
(c) In Faith.
(d) In Memory.
4. What does the narrator think about first in Chapter 3?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter.
(d) Her future.
5. What part of Moira’s body was beaten?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her torso.
(d) Her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Offred officially identified?
2. What part of the Bible did the women hear at the center each day?
3. What do the women in the center whisper to each other at night?
4. How many babies are currently born disfigured, according to Chapter 8?
5. How old was Offred’s mother when she had the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Offred do after exercising in Chapter 5?
2. If Luke is dead in Chapter 7, what happened to him?
3. What happened to Serena Joy that was traumatic in her earlier life?
4. What is wrong with how Offred kisses the Commander, in his view?
5. What is the purpose of the exercises that Offred does?
6. In Chapter 4, What does the message in Offred’s room say?
7. What does Offred’s mother say about her father?
8. Why did Offred and the other women take naps at the center?
9. What is the role of the Marthas?
10. Why does Offred go back to the sitting room later that evening in Chapter 6?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)