|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the women say that Janine was raped?
(a) To teach her a lesson.
(b) To purify herself.
(c) To punish her attackers.
(d) Bad luck.
2. What part of the Bible did the women hear at the center each day?
(a) The Beatitudes.
(b) The New Testament.
(c) Rachel and Leah’s story.
(d) The Old Testament.
3. What does the narrator compare “date rape” to?
(b) A fancy gourmet dish.
(d) A cocktail.
4. What are the Japanese doing in the city in Chapter 2?
(a) They are tourists.
(b) They are citizens.
(c) They are human-rights workers.
(d) They are photojournalists.
5. Where was Offred’s daughter first stolen?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) From her car.
(c) The laundromat.
(d) On the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think about first in Chapter 3?
2. Who did Aunt Lydia question about Moira in Chapter 8?
3. What language does Offred think the message in her room is in Chapter 4?
4. What do the Japanese ask the narrator in Chapter 2?
5. What did the Commander’s wife used to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Offred have to be especially careful on this assignment, according to Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 7, where does Offred think that Luke really is?
3. What happened to Serena Joy that was traumatic in her earlier life?
4. Why does the narrator start thinking about Moira at night in Chapter 3?
5. What is the role of the Marthas?
6. In Chapter 6, how does the Commander pray?
7. Why do the women steal something for Moira at the center?
8. What does Offred do after exercising in Chapter 5?
9. Why did Offred and the other women take naps at the center?
10. If Luke is in jail in Chapter 7, what happened to him?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)