|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the professor, why was Gilead able to succeed?
(a) By dominating women.
(b) Through the use of terror.
(c) By incorporating elements of other societies.
(d) By taking total control.
2. What is the signal to begin the second part of the Salvaging?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A gong.
(c) A shout.
(d) A bell.
3. What is the big thing that Serena Joy offers Offred in Chapter 12?
(a) Her own garden.
(b) A picture of her daughter.
(c) A letter from Luke.
(d) A knitted scarf.
4. What is the best place Offred could have ended up?
(b) The USA.
(c) The UK.
5. What does Offred never say to Nick?
(a) That she loves him .
(b) Her name real.
(c) Asking if she can enter.
(d) Information about her former life.
6. What does Offred do when she sees Nick in Chapter 11?
(a) Signals to him.
(b) Pulls a curtain between them.
(d) Calls his name.
7. What is the second part of the Salvaging called?
(a) Part B.
(b) The Prayvaganza.
(c) The Trial.
(d) The Particicution.
8. How were Handmaids’ names formed in Gilead?
(a) From the names of their Commanders.
(b) By the Wives.
(c) From the masculine versions of their original names.
(d) From their father’s names.
9. What does the Commander try to do during the second Ceremony?
(a) Talk to Offred.
(b) Kiss Offred.
(c) Get his wife to leave.
(d) Touch Offred’s face.
10. What did Jews have the option of doing, according to Chapter 12?
(a) Leaving for Europe.
(b) Enlisting in the army.
(c) Becoming Handmaidens.
(d) Going to Israel.
11. How often did Offred return to Nick’s, as described in Chapter 14?
(a) Numerous times.
12. To which period did Offred belong?
(a) The present day.
(b) Late Gilead.
(c) Early Gilead.
(d) Middle Gilead.
13. Where does the Commander rank, according to Ofglen?
(a) Towards the top.
(b) At the very top.
(c) He’s a middle-man.
(d) In the lower ranks.
14. What is the new order for women supposed to inspire, according to the Aunts?
15. What does Ofglen tell Offred in Chapter 12?
(a) Where Luke is.
(b) The password.
(c) Where Moira is.
(d) A French translation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Offred want to do with the cat in Chapter 11?
2. What does Nick tell Offred in Chapter 15?
3. What does Ofglen ask Offred in Chapter 10?
4. What is another role that Nick had, according to Chapter 15?
5. How does the Commander feel about Offred being taken away in Chapter 15?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)