|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Offred through the yard to Nick’s in Chapter 13?
(c) The Commander.
(d) Serena Joy.
2. What does Offred remember most about the documentary?
(a) The mistress’s words.
(b) The mistress’s clothes.
(c) The mistress’s make-up.
(d) The mistress’s hair.
3. Who does the professor think is the most likely candidate for Offred’s Commander?
4. What is the signal to begin the second part of the Salvaging?
(a) A bell.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A gong.
(d) A shout.
5. What is Moira dressed as in Chapter 12?
(a) A cat.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A bunny.
(d) A bird.
6. What does the Latin phrase really mean?
(a) My name is Alma.
(b) One day, you’ll be free.
(c) Don’t let the bastards get you down.
(d) Keep it up.
7. What does the Commander offer to Offred in Chapter 10?
(b) Her own game.
(d) A magazine.
8. How did Offred make her documentation?
(a) She recorded her voice.
(b) She made videos.
(c) She wrote it down.
(d) She drew pictures.
9. In Chapter 12, what does Ofglen want Offred to do with the Commander?
(a) Stop seeing him.
(b) Fulfil his fantasies.
(c) Use him for information.
(d) Tell him what she thinks.
10. How often did Offred return to Nick’s, as described in Chapter 14?
(c) Numerous times.
11. What was the first big change that happened in Offred’s life?
(a) She lost Luke.
(b) She lost her job.
(c) She lost the right to her own money.
(d) She lost her daughter.
12. What was Offred’s job before?
(a) She worked at a hotel.
(b) She worked at a bookstore.
(c) She worked at a library.
(d) She was a stay-at-home mother.
13. What is the second part of the Salvaging called?
(a) Part B.
(b) The Particicution.
(c) The Trial.
(d) The Prayvaganza.
14. Where does the Commander rank, according to Ofglen?
(a) At the very top.
(b) He’s a middle-man.
(c) Towards the top.
(d) In the lower ranks.
15. What does the Commander try to do during the second Ceremony?
(a) Kiss Offred.
(b) Get his wife to leave.
(c) Talk to Offred.
(d) Touch Offred’s face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ofglen and Offred go together in Chapter 12?
2. What does the professor cite as a precursor to Gilead?
3. Where was Offred's documentation found?
4. Why can Offred believe Nick in Chapter 15?
5. What was the underground’s nickname?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)