|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Offred’s bathroom?
2. What is the baby in Chapter 8 called?
3. Who is Luke?
(a) A guard.
(b) The narrator’s ex.
(c) The Commander.
(d) The chauffeur.
4. What is a disfigured baby called?
(a) A Non-Baby.
(c) An Unbaby.
(d) An Unchild.
5. In Chapter 4, what word does the doctor use that shocks Offred?
6. What did the dormitory used to be?
(a) A cafeteria.
(b) A dance hall.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A gymnasium.
7. Where did Moira leave Aunt Elizabeth in Chapter 8?
(a) The dormitory.
(b) The washroom.
(c) By the boiler.
(d) The gymnasium.
8. How long is a Handmaid’s posting?
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
9. Why was the narrator stressed around Moira in Chapter 3?
(a) She had a paper due.
(b) It was illegal to go out.
(c) Moira talked about date rape.
(d) Moira was a prostitute.
10. What do the guards in Chapter 1 have that nobody else does?
(b) Pepper spray.
(d) Cattle prods.
11. What did the narrator do as a little girl?
(a) Burned photographs.
(b) Burned her bra.
(c) Burned a porn magazine.
(d) Burned her letters.
12. How is Offred officially identified?
(a) By her dress.
(b) By her pass.
(c) By her ID card.
(d) By her tattoo.
13. What kind of currency do the characters use to buy food in Chapter 2?
(b) Credit cards.
14. What is strange about the blankets at the center in Chapter 1?
(a) They are wool.
(b) They are comfortable.
(c) They are uncomfortable.
(d) They say U.S.
15. Where was Offred’s daughter first stolen?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) From her car.
(c) The laundromat.
(d) On the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one way Offred is allowed to pass the time?
2. What did the Commander’s wife used to be?
3. What stuffed animal did Offred’s daughter take with her?
4. What is written on the pillow that Offred finds in Chapter 4?
5. How old was Offred’s mother when she had the baby?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)