|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way Offred is allowed to pass the time?
(b) Doing exercises.
(c) Chatting with Nick.
(d) Watching television.
2. What was the center called?
(a) The Rachel and Leah Center.
(b) The Training Center.
(c) The Gilead Center.
(d) The Handmaid’s Center.
3. What is the purpose of Offred's walk in Chapter 2?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To chat with others.
(c) To see the bodies on the wall.
(d) To flirt with the Guardians.
4. What does the narrator think about first in Chapter 3?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her future.
(c) Her mother.
5. Where is the Commander’s wife’s “territory”?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The garden.
(d) The bedroom.
6. What is special about the day in Chapter 4?
(a) It is the first of May.
(b) It is the ceremony day.
(c) It is Offred’s birthday.
(d) It is bath day.
7. What kind of guerrillas does Offred see on the television in Chapter 6?
8. In Chapter 3, what does the narrator think might have happened to her daughter?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She was killed.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She ran away.
9. How old was Offred’s daughter the last time they saw each other?
(d) An infant.
10. What surrounded the center?
(a) An electric fence.
(b) Hundreds of guards.
(c) A forest.
(d) A barbed-wire fence.
11. What language does ‘Mayday’ come from?
12. How old is Offred’s daughter now?
(d) An infant.
13. In Chapter 4, what word does the doctor use that shocks Offred?
14. What does Offred use the butter for, as described in Chapter 4?
(c) Shoe polish.
15. Who did Aunt Lydia question about Moira in Chapter 8?
(b) All of the girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go in Chapter 3?
2. Who does the narrator go shopping with in Chapter 2?
3. What does the narrator compare “date rape” to?
4. What kind of currency do the characters use to buy food in Chapter 2?
5. How does Cora feel about the baby in Chapter 8?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)