|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Offred’s daughter first stolen?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) On the street.
(c) The laundromat.
(d) From her car.
2. Who did Aunt Lydia question about Moira in Chapter 8?
(c) All of the girls.
3. What do the women in the center whisper to each other at night?
(a) Their pseudonyms.
(b) Their escape plan.
(c) Their life stories.
(d) Their real names.
4. What surrounded the center?
(a) A barbed-wire fence.
(b) A forest.
(c) Hundreds of guards.
(d) An electric fence.
5. What is written on the pillow that Offred finds in Chapter 4?
6. Why was the narrator stressed around Moira in Chapter 3?
(a) It was illegal to go out.
(b) Moira was a prostitute.
(c) Moira talked about date rape.
(d) She had a paper due.
7. What do the Japanese ask the narrator in Chapter 2?
(a) Are you busy?
(b) Are you American?
(d) Are you happy?
8. Who is Offred looking for in Chapter 8?
(a) Her mother.
9. When did Offred and Luke try to run away?
10. In Chapter 4, what word does the doctor use that shocks Offred?
11. What kind of guerrillas does Offred see on the television in Chapter 6?
12. Why do the women say that Janine was raped?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) To punish her attackers.
(c) To teach her a lesson.
(d) To purify herself.
13. What kind of currency do the characters use to buy food in Chapter 2?
(b) Credit cards.
14. What part of Moira’s body was beaten?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her torso.
15. What does the narrator think about first in Chapter 3?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her future.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies are currently born disfigured, according to Chapter 8?
2. What do the guards in Chapter 1 have that nobody else does?
3. In Chapter 3, what does the narrator think might have happened to her daughter?
4. What are the Japanese doing in the city in Chapter 2?
5. What part of the Bible did the women hear at the center each day?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)