|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare her story to?
(a) A cry in the dark.
(b) A letter.
(c) A broadcast.
(d) A novel.
2. Why was the narrator stressed around Moira in Chapter 3?
(a) She had a paper due.
(b) Moira talked about date rape.
(c) Moira was a prostitute.
(d) It was illegal to go out.
3. Why is everyone jealous of Janine in Chapter 2?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is rich.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has more freedom.
4. What is the purpose of Offred's walk in Chapter 2?
(a) To see the bodies on the wall.
(b) To chat with others.
(c) To flirt with the Guardians.
(d) To buy food.
5. Who does the narrator go shopping with in Chapter 2?
(a) A Guardian.
(b) A Handmaid.
(c) A Martha.
(d) A Wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Japanese doing in the city in Chapter 2?
2. What does Offred use the butter for, as described in Chapter 4?
3. What color is the Commander’s hair?
4. How old is Offred’s daughter now?
5. Who is pregnant in Chapter 2?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)