|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare her story to?
(a) A novel.
(b) A broadcast.
(c) A cry in the dark.
(d) A letter.
2. What language does ‘Mayday’ come from?
3. Why was the narrator stressed around Moira in Chapter 3?
(a) Moira was a prostitute.
(b) She had a paper due.
(c) It was illegal to go out.
(d) Moira talked about date rape.
4. In Chapter 3, what does the narrator think might have happened to her daughter?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She was killed.
(c) She was kidnapped.
(d) She committed suicide.
5. How long is a Handmaid’s posting?
(a) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Offred's walk in Chapter 2?
2. What do the women in the center whisper to each other at night?
3. In Chapter 4, what word does the doctor use that shocks Offred?
4. What do the guards in Chapter 1 have that nobody else does?
5. How old is Offred’s daughter now?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)