|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Articulate Hand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sometimes attributed to intelligence or gender?
(b) Good penmanship.
(c) Which hand one uses as the dominent hand.
(d) The uses to which one puts the hand.
2. What does Duchenne figure out how to demonstrate?
(a) The way a muscle expands in order to pull.
(b) The way a muscle contracts in order to push.
(c) The way an electrical charge stops movement.
(d) The physiology of movement.
3. What type of intelligence does Patricia Greenfield study?
(a) Coordination intelligence.
(b) Patricia Greenfield studies human intelligence as it unfolds in child behavior twenty years earlier.
(c) Patricia Greenfield studies human intelligence as it unfolds in adult behavior over twenty year.s
(d) Physiological intelligence.
4. Who describes the hand as the "consummation of all perfection as an instrument"?
(a) Francis Bacon.
(b) Sir Charles Bell.
(c) Issac Newton.
(d) Sir Francis Hemmington.
5. What do both knapping and rock climbing require?
(a) Just relaxations.
(b) Contractions and relaxations.
(c) Smooth and non-smooth muscles.
(d) Just contractions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is aphasia?
2. What does the hand "think" about as it helps you get ready for the day?
3. What is one thing that demonstrates the integration of movement in the shoulder, arm and hand?
4. What often dictates which hand is dominate?
5. What is the critical significance of the paddle in Duchenne's model?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)