|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Articulate Hand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Until recently, how have anthropologists perceived ape and human hands?
(a) As structurally equivalent.
(b) As structurally radically different.
(c) As functionally equivalent.
(d) As functionally very different.
2. What level is the American Sign Language classified as?
(a) The first level.
(b) It is not considered.
(c) The fourth level.
(d) The sixth level.
3. What is the hand's optimal position over the keyboard?
(a) With the palm slightly convex.
(b) With the fingers spread as far as possible.
(c) With the fingers fairly rigid.
(d) A gentle curve.
4. According to Charles Sherrington, what are sensors to the target object?
(a) The retina and the palm.
(b) The fngertips and the palm.
(c) The retina and fingertips.
(d) The palm and the nerves in the cerebral cortex.
5. What is the critical significance of the paddle in Duchenne's model?
(a) It allows for greater rotation.
(b) It leaves one muscle group unbalanced.
(c) It sends simultaneous signals that result in the interplay of movement.
(d) It leaves one muscle group balanced.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many key strokes per second can a pianist reach?
2. Where does the hand's optimal strength lie when rock climbing?
3. How does Broca identify an area in the brain that controls speech?
4. To what does Kathleen Gibson attribute human intelligence?
5. What is one very important problem-solving strategy?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)