|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grip of the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is a choreographed skill?
(a) Making breakfast while on the phone and reading the newspaper.
(b) The way the hand performs thousands of activities.
(c) Making sure a person performs all their morning abulations.
(d) Getting the children ready for school while planning your day at the office.
2. What does the hand "think" about as it helps you get ready for the day?
(a) How to grasp something without dropping it.
(b) How to move each muscle fgr each task.
(d) How to movie each tendon and ligament for each task.
3. What operator has to do to anticipate load weight and wind changes?
(a) An elevator operator.
(b) A bulldozer operator.
(c) A crane operator.
(d) A grain elevator operator.
4. What is one thing that demonstrates the integration of movement in the shoulder, arm and hand?
(a) The clenching of the fist.
(b) The rotation of the arm.
(c) The unfolding of the fingers.
(d) The rotation of the palm
5. What helps maintain a skill that is learned?
(a) Nothing; once it's learned it is always available.
(b) The memory portion of the brain.
(c) Visualizing the skill daily.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wilson, what did the expansion of territory by hominids require?
2. From what does the word neuron derive its meaning?
3. What does Henry Plotkin propose intelligence is?
4. Who says that the hand and brain both speak to each other?
5. What is the weight of the touch of a pianist's fingers on the keyboard?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)