|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grip of the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Wilson, what did the expansion of territory by hominids require?
(a) Group cooperation.
(b) Inequality of the sexes.
(c) Good leadership.
(d) Equality of the sexes.
2. What does Galvani discover about electrical forces?
(a) They are emitted by a muscle's contractions.
(b) They are charged either negative or positive.
(c) They are shorted out by a muscle's contractions.
(d) The are initiators of action.
3. What type of control does a human or ape exert over its arm to execute a move?
(b) Both conscious and unconscious.
4. How long can a grip on a rock last for a climber?
(a) Forty seconds.
(b) Several minutes.
(c) It is incalculable.
(d) Twenty seconds.
5. What does Herophilus discover?
(a) Neurons can regenerate.
(b) Some neurons connect muscles to the spinal cord; whereas, other connect muscles to bone.
(c) The muscles along the spinal cord are denser because of the neurons packed in them.
(d) Neurons cannot regenerate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hand considered in the metaphor in number 26?
2. How does John Napier identify the terms "power grip" and "precision grip"?
3. What is one puzzling concern the author mentions in this chapter?
4. How is the arm different from the leg in how it's attached to the body?
5. What is the strength of a climber's grip on a rock face?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)