|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Grip of the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the juggling riddle?
(a) Asking riddles while you juggler to demonstrate your expertise.
(b) How three balls can be in motion yet one held in the hand at the same time.
(c) How many balls it takes a juggler to feel accomplished.
(d) How a juggler can hold two balls in each hand and juggle two.
2. What is one very important problem-solving strategy?
(d) Creating tribes.
3. What is paleoanthropology?
(a) The study of human civilizations.
(b) The study of ancient, human origins.
(c) The study of evolution of animals.
(d) The study of matriarchal civilizations.
4. What does Galvani discover about electrical forces?
(a) The are initiators of action.
(b) They are emitted by a muscle's contractions.
(c) They are charged either negative or positive.
(d) They are shorted out by a muscle's contractions.
5. What does the author say is a choreographed skill?
(a) Getting the children ready for school while planning your day at the office.
(b) Making breakfast while on the phone and reading the newspaper.
(c) Making sure a person performs all their morning abulations.
(d) The way the hand performs thousands of activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hand's optimal position over the keyboard?
2. What did hominids require in order to expand their range beyond the jungle?
3. How many key strokes per second can a pianist reach?
4. What does the author say comes to life even before you rise out of bed in the morning?
5. Who is Sir Charles Bell?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)