|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Puppet Lessons from Alexandria and Dusseldorf.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does the word neuron derive its meaning?
(a) A Slavic word for entangle
(b) A Slavic word for transmit.
(c) A Greek word for cord or fiber.
(d) A Latin word for cord or fiber.
2. What is the purpose of the shoulder, arm and hand in being fully integrated?
(a) To work in tandem.
(b) To provide more leverage together.
(c) To act as a fulcrum.
(d) To function simultaneously as one.
3. What does the author say is a choreographed skill?
(a) Getting the children ready for school while planning your day at the office.
(b) Making breakfast while on the phone and reading the newspaper.
(c) The way the hand performs thousands of activities.
(d) Making sure a person performs all their morning abulations.
4. What does Henry Plotkin propose intelligence is?
(a) A genetically fixed amount.
(b) A learned response.
(c) A secondary heuristic.
(d) A primary heuristic.
5. What did hominids require in order to expand their range beyond the jungle?
(b) Opposing thumb.
(c) Brain evolution.
(d) Walking upright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Charles Bell?
2. To what was the pre-human arm metaphorically compared?
3. What does Merlin Donald's theory of cultural and cognitive evolution propose?
4. How is the arm different from the leg in how it's attached to the body?
5. What does Galen discover?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)